Rant about survivor's Visual appearance (not gameplay)
Note
- this is about their appearance not about the gameplay of survivors
- I don’t care about this stuff in movies and tv shows but in video games where everyone is just a cosmetic imo it matters a bit more since its meant to include everyone from everywhere
- its only about original survivors because that is what BHVR can control
TLDR: BHVR has been lacking when it comes to the differentially of the survivors (and cosmetics) instead just making them feel repetitive and stale
Time
All survivors are modern-day and would like some from other time periods like the 70s, 80s, and 90s especially since those are times where slashers where popular and It would help create differentiate the characters with trends from those time periods and it would match the licences that are from that time as well. like why is Laurie the only survivor from the 70s
Gender
We barely get any survivors that are male it's been 1 year since Felix, 2 years since Adam and Jeff, and it’s going to stay like this. BHVR knows that females are more popular and will bring in more money than a male but in the process makes females staler and staler. I don’t see anyone use Zarina, or even Yun-jin is kind of rare to see. It feels like BHVR is just throwing females at a wall to see who sticks to just pumps out cosmetics for them (Nea, Kate, Feng, Elodie). I wont be surprised if the new survivor is going to be a female. It’s at the point I’m so bored to see what the new survivor looks like because ik it’s just going to be some “Fashionista” or “Queen” that has terrible cosmetics that will probably be a set so Good luck making a good outfit.
Race
This problem is not as bad with with females but is terrible with males like it has been 3 years since Adam (Black/Jamaican) 5 Years since Jake (Asian/Korean), And a Latino or a Middle Eastern character is still not in the game
Orientation
All I’m going to say is how does Rainbow 6 siege have 2 LGBT characters but this game where they said they would add one a year ago still doesn’t. What is so hard to say “His boyfriend” or something like that in tome lore or backstory. This issue wouldn't be as bad if they didn't promise it back when the silent hill chapter came out its been a year and some and nothing came out of it except them saying they are still researching the topic. Whatever that means
Cosmetics
- They have 18 original survivors and only 4 get cosmetics on repeat. we could live with an update without a Nea outfit
- Males (After Kate) don’t have Uncommon Head Pieces but females do. What’s so hard with changing the color of hair and selling them.
- Survivors need a mix of cosmetics jake doesn't need another survivalist outfit same as how Felix doesn't need another suit. some outfits aren't bad like another cowgirl kate, but the ones that are overused; Jake and Felix are some examples that could get some diversity in their outfits.
- And if you are going to have a set at least give people that own that outfit the headpiece if it’s possible (like Kates and Janes Greek Outfit.)
- The amount of greed Bhvr had with Jills Hair Annoys me a lot. They made the outfit and still sold it for 1080 AC knowing damn well that they are charging for the default hair. In pin Head’s New outfit he doesn’t have a head but do you see his outfit being sold for 1080? No, it’s 720, and Ghost Faces’ Mask in the Classic Ghost face cosmetic was 200, not 400 for being too similar to the original. They do all this but won’t budge on the jill hair.
- Onesies: Not a complaint but they should make more and universal ones that could be used all year, as well as some other holiday ones like for Halloween and Christmas
Comments
Wow are you getting mad? Don't be mad :(
Thanks. Yeah, it does^^
But also bear in mind that even the smallest of things takes bhvr literal years to do so hopefully they get to creating their own lgbtqia+ character before the game´s life cycle has ended lol
I've got say; if you want more variety in colors, then you need "another suit."
I just played a match while you guys are busy whining about my opinion.
Sbmm is pretty wack.
No I am not getting mad :)
just stating what I see. Well I did match your tone I guess. It’s something I usually do so people see how their message came across.
Same I matched your tone. You seem mad.
Already said whatever meaning idc.
I got some real life stuff done while you are busy about showing how much you don’t care. Thx for the info though.
Glad someone pointed out the hypocrisy between Jill's/Leon's outfits being 1080 and Pinhead's being 720.
Sure you do 6k post.
LOL yeah true about them taking time for anything.
but personally I am very patient and they can take their time (though I do have a feeling the next surv might be it, while also introducing Boon totems, this would be actually great as no one could argue they are only advertised as a token character but they actually bring a new game mechanic in)
getting personal already? You really don’t care at all it seems
Yes, I don't care about the representation hole you were digging me into. This is different now I'm just having fun with you.
Sure you are.
(also you were digging yourself, no input needed from my side)
Not really.
I don't think so.
god just give jeff good outfits and put some effort into in-game representation, thats all i really want
i would also like to point out that when we first got the cosmetic store, we would regularly get new sets of cosmetics where a character would have 3 different options of the same green rarity outfit, with recolours of their hair and stuff on each one. Now all we get is constant releases of purple rarity skins where the survivor has ugly stuff stuck to their outfit, like helmets and backpacks that IMO ruin the mixmatch options.
also agree with their strange hypocrisy you mentioned where female original survivors can have recolours of their default hair in the store but males never do, as if men don't dye their hair ever. The Blonde Anniversary Hair we got for David could have EASILY been cosmetic store release day option.
Oh really?
Oh really really?
I was talking about males because females are pretty diverse rn "as bad with females but is terrible with males"
I pretty much agree with everything, and I'm pretty bummed that the next survivor might be a female again :/