Rework Series: Trapper

I think trapper could have more interesting gameplay and his kill power could get changed all together, such as placing traps inside lockers, or on vaults, on gens ect, it'd be cool to have different variety's outside of bear traps.

Comments

  • I’m not sure how effective trapping in lockers would be but it sounds interesting.

  • @GannTM said:

    I’m not sure how effective trapping in lockers would be but it sounds interesting.

    We'll do anything to make the mascot of dbd a viable killer. i'd like to mention, the twins rework to were victor could trap survivors into lockers, now that was really cool, can we have more stuff like that?

  • @Triadequinaxor said:

    I think trapper could have more interesting gameplay and his kill power could get changed all together, such as placing traps inside lockers, or on vaults, on gens ect, it'd be cool to have different variety's outside of bear traps.

    Soo. Like trip wires. Like a falling something trap like evan used on the giant spider killer,

    Screenshot_20210911-112831.png

    when he was still a survivor?

  • @IlliterateGenocide said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/279313/rework-series-trapper

    Soo. Like trip wires. Like a falling something trap like evan used on the giant spider killer,

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/YAKNX328HAKU/screenshot-20210911-112831.png

    when he was still a survivor?

    I think tripwires are a cool idea aswell, also those traps that tie you up into a sack on a tree

  • @IlliterateGenocide said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/279313/rework-series-trapper

    Soo. Like trip wires. Like a falling something trap like evan used on the giant spider killer,

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/YAKNX328HAKU/screenshot-20210911-112831.png

    when he was still a survivor?

    Wait what? Where’s this from?

  • Tome lore, you know how the guy reads books or whatever to see the past. Looks like books could also be comics. And as we know trapper used to be a survivor. So the entity probably had it's hold on some sort of spider killer in the past during the time trapper or Evan was a survivor.

    • Trapper can now carry two traps at once
    • Survivors who escape from a trap suffer from the Deep Wound Status effect
    • When Trapper has no traps on hand, he can summon a disabled trap from within 32 meters

    This fixes a lot of problems with Trapper.

  • @KingFrost said:

    • Trapper can now carry two traps at once
    • Survivors who escape from a trap suffer from the Deep Wound Status effect
    • When Trapper has no traps on hand, he can summon a disabled trap from within 32 meters

    This fixes a lot of problems with Trapper.

    To me I like that trapper ain't supernatural, so I don't like the idea of teleporting traps even if it's a buff.

  • @IlliterateGenocide said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2489529#Comment_2489529

    To me I like that trapper ain't supernatural, so I don't like the idea of teleporting traps even if it's a buff.

    I would say, spawn the traps mostly in the middle of the map, so Trapper doesn't have to walk TOO far for them.

    Also, nerf his bag add-ons, just a little bit, to compensate. I don't wanna know what trapper can do with 7 traps in his hands...

    The tripwire also sounds really fun. Just a little slowdown in chases. It should ONLY trigger when sprinting through them.

  • I used to think he should have difference traps on vault, locker ect..but in the end you're able to set traps next to them. Adding this feature doesnt improve anything.

    My idea to improve Trapper, a slight change of everything, not a number bump up:

    • Start with 1 trap, able to carry 2.
    • Traps spawn 30m away from map boundaries.
    • Disarm trap should come with a skill check, fail will get trapped. The skill check zone is 30degree. Coil addon now decrease Disarming skill check zone instead of slower Disarming. Brown coil -5, Yellow coil -10. Combine both for extremely hard skill check.
    image.png
    • Escape trap should come with skill checks, success once will escape. Another skill spawn after 2sec if failed. 1st attempt skill check is 10degree, 2nd is 15degree and keep increasing until success. Brick addon now decrease skill check zone by 5 degree.
    image.png
    • Allow Trapper to hold M2 for another 3sec to push his trap deeper. Only claw can be seen.
  • @IlliterateGenocide said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2489505#Comment_2489505

    Tome lore, you know how the guy reads books or whatever to see the past. Looks like books could also be comics. And as we know trapper used to be a survivor. So the entity probably had it's hold on some sort of spider killer in the past during the time trapper or Evan was a survivor.

    I've completed every tome available, and I have no memory of this scene in particular, as well as the statement Evan used to be a survivor. Could it be from level 4?

    As for the actual topic, I think his bear traps should, at the very least, apply Hindered after escaping. It never made any sense to me how you can just run without even a slight hindrance when your leg just got crushed.

  • @GentlemanFridge said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2489514#Comment_2489514

    I've completed every tome available, and I have no memory of this scene in particular, as well as the statement Evan used to be a survivor. Could it be from level 4?

    As for the actual topic, I think his bear traps should, at the very least, apply Hindered after escaping. It never made any sense to me how you can just run without even a slight hindrance when your leg just got crushed.

    I never thought of that it could be a leak im sorry.

  • trapper rework.png

    I made a mockup of something i'd like to make him feel like an actual "trapper"

    He will still keep his bear traps but will only be limited to two on the map only, while also adding 3 new traps he can use. We all know he's arguably one of the weakest killers in the game and needs some needed buffing or just a total rework. He is limited to one of each of these traps that are on a cool down and recharge over time.

    He is able to put a trap on a door (visual representation shown above or something similar perhaps) that can have a visible rope and sidepiece that can injure survivors for one health state if triggered. It can be disarmed but will injure for one health state.

    He can put a oil or mud container attached to a visible rope on a vault window that will activate if disarmed or a survivor runs through it. The rope will snap and will drop said container of substance and will slow down the survivor (similar to freddy's dream snare). This will also give a notification similar to the screaming effect that freddy's dream snare does.

    The last trap will be a visible rope wrapped around a pallet that prevents it from being able to be thrown down. You can break the rope by hitting space bar and manually causing it to snap but it'll just fling back to its original space or disarming it like the previous traps. This will give a loud visual notification to the killer if broken

  • You're right. Trapper definitely needs a buff, but there's a lot of nostalgia around him so I think Behaviour has to tread carefully with how they'd rework/buff him, but at the very least, he needs way better add-ons.