There simply aren’t enough good Killers
I think MMR is balancing for 2 escapes, which means if you’re getting 4ks as Killer the game will throw the kitchen sink at you to try to stop it.
Overall, I think the amount of Survivors that can play well enough in a team to escape is significantly higher than the amount of Killers that are capable of getting 4ks against even the sweatiest teams.
Comments
It's just not possible to even get a 4k against a good coordinated team..
Let alone a 1k,
Lest you don't wanna have fun and consider just doing hardcore Nurse with Near Perfect Blinks,
Good killers in skill or in using good killers ?
Because even if you're the most skilled killer in DBD, you're losing to good, not even amazing SWF if you're playing lowist tier killer like clown.
That's just how DBD is, skill is not as important as having all the advantages beforehand.
I'm not so sure about this argument, because how many teams like that even are there? And more importantly, how many SoloQ players have enough game sense to play well enough to stomp most Killers, that is assuming they're not regularly matched with weaker players that only make their job harder.
However, there's only a handful of Killers that can consistently match a coordinated team and players who choose to master them are even rarer.
I've said before it's my big worry with this SBMM system; if you take a very good killer and put them against very good survivors, the killer is going to get manhandled 9 times out of 10. I've always been RR3 to RR1 in this game as a killer so at least in the games eyes, I'm considered a very good killer skill-wise.
This game can be frustrating enough in high ranks but if this game ONLY gives me those kind of games, I can't imagine I'll keep playing it.
It'll be interesting to see how exactly SBMM ultimately works out. My amount of playing this game has greatly plummeted as it is as I basically only got two kinds of games, curb stomping or getting curb stomped (and while this may come as a shock, just steamrolling survivors isn't all that much fun either) so maybe SBMM will work more in my favor as it "lowers" my skill level with how little I play now.
I think MMR will actually fix the balance issues with weaker Killers because their MMR will naturally be lower because they perform worse against better Survivors.
So eventually high MMR games will only have the stronger Killers on the roster because things like Clown can’t realistically even attain high MMR
It's a problem with killer balance that awful matchmaking has masked for years. Four meta survivors are not losing to an equally skilled low tier killer on most maps if they play well. It's not happening unless they make huge mistakes.
The best Clown/Trapper/Legion/Pig/Myers/Ghostface/etc is walking away with a 2k at most against 4 optimal survivors.
And that 2k is only with camping lol
No Killer should be getting 4ks continually. That would be horrible matchmaking.
That's bad though?
That doesn't fix balance issues. It just shows how many killers are not viable in high skill play... most of them.
I think you might be on to something. There were games where I had plenty of hooks spread out, no kills, but I still got at least brutal killer. I remember before where if I had games like that I'd have entitity displeased. Which come to think of it, I don't think that I got entity displeased at all last night cus I'd manage to get plenty of hooks in.
Isn't 'Entity Displeased' based almost entirely on hooks? SO getting a 4K mori will result in 'Entity Displeased'?
I wish that were the case because I just sat in a hour and thirty minute queue for a Pinhead game that ended up with the top guy getting 12K points.
I think it's based more not meeting a certain threshold of points. Because before the MMR update I would get like 6-8 hooks and no kills and I'd still get entity displeased. But last night in this same situation, I got brutal killer. So I think the points may have been adjusted a bit.
why was the queue that long?
It actually allows all Killers to be viable without every killer having to be Nurse. There's no way to make Trapper as good as Nurse without turning Trapper into someone else entirely. You can buff him, but after a point, Trapper is no longer Trapper.
Survivor is an easier less stressful role to play (which you would expect for a 1v4 game). So of course there are more "good survivors" than there are good Killers. Apart of that problem is that Survivor has a lot more control using their Skill in game than Killer. Killer has so many random variables to track and experience in game, their skill becomes nearly impossible to apply. How many survivors are on Gens? Does this survivor have Dead Hard / Sprint Burst / Lithe? Does this survivor have unbreakable? They performed an unsafe save, do they have Borrowed Time or Decisive Strike. Am I in the position I can take the CHANCE to punish them for their fowl play?
Then you come into the problem when you do face good survivors, or survivors that literally took a 5 minute google search to find these issues. They run BT / DS / Unbreakable knowing that when they perform an unsafe save to save time, and keep pressure on the Killer. They are practically immune. If you chase the injured unhooked survivor as punishment for the unsafe save. Well too bad, you waste time, get nothing of it. The survivor will run to the most brain dead loops. Take up 20+ seconds of your time, and then when you down them you can't pick them up because DS, and if you slug them they get up anyways from Unbreakable. Meanwhile the other 3 are working on gens, but if you chase them you throw away 40+ seconds having to take the time to injure them, and down them. Which they get distance when you hit them the first time, and more distance from Dead Hard / Sprint Burst / Lithe costing you even more time.
So even the good Killers are forced to play at the same level as average Survivors because the game environment rewards survivors too much for playing poorly, and doesn't reward Killers enough for playing good/smart.
Great question.
I'd like to know as well. That one was definitely an outlier. My average has been thirty minutes with two taking over an hour and one taking about 10 minutes.
Without any numbers, I can only assume the game believes I am the Entity and am simply the greatest Killer to ever exist. When it can't find those same caliber Survivors, it loses it's ######### and sits me in a queue until it finds someone.
Good Killers or Good Killer Players?
I like most of the killers in one way or another but i'm not good enough to make them all work at what would be higher MMR (if my game wasn't currently broken), i acknowledge this others should too. The other side being a bunch of them (the killer themselves, not the player) not being strong enough to achieve is a problem too. How can you fix either of those though? Like, at what point do you buff the characters to to allow them to reach those MMRs for variety and what then when people like me who aren't the best player around still struggle with them once you reach that higher level?
True but the problem is that killer variety goes way down the more skilled you are.
Yes, but you have to think who really is at that level. It's the players that are playing all day every day; mainly streamers. That's about only 1% or less of the player population.
The problem is more that you don't have to be a good player to be a good survivor. Game is survivor sided so if there are many very good survivors, there have to be even better killers to match them.
Perks and natural camouflage aside, all survivors are created equal. They literally all do the same thing.
Killers do not :(