SBMM Not Coming Today

Per the 5.2.0 patch notes, SBMM will not go live until 11am EST tomorrow, September 8th.

Comments

  • Thats a bit of a shame, i was hoping i could start adjusting my SBMM for pinhead so he isn't too much of a pain to play.

  • I suppose they wanted to wait a day so that if it were to break it wouldn't be on the day of the update and spoil peoples fun

  • @TacitusKilgore said:

    Thats a bit of a shame, i was hoping i could start adjusting my SBMM for pinhead so he isn't too much of a pain to play.

    MMR will take from your previous play data, it's not starting from 0. So your activity today will influence your MMR when it goes live tomorrow. So start adjusting.

  • Understandable have a nice rank-based match made day.

  • it comes out tomorrow so they can laugh at all the "SBMM is horrible" threads that will be made today when its not even enabled.

  • Disappointing.. i was looking forward practising the new killer without getting sweaty purples and reds against me but i guess that fun has been taken away from me .. might just log in tomorrow

  • @TacitusKilgore said:

    Thats a bit of a shame, i was hoping i could start adjusting my SBMM for pinhead so he isn't too much of a pain to play.

    I believe it's using stats collected whether it's on or not, so what you play today would still contribute, I think.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Understandable have a nice rank-based match made day.

    Oh no, not me. I'm not touching their matchmaker again until SBMM goes live. Despite Pinhead being in the game, I am not looking for that type of pain experience anymore. 🤣

  • @Kilmeran said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2477537#Comment_2477537

    Oh no, not me. I'm not touching their matchmaker again until SBMM goes live. Despite Pinhead being in the game, I am not looking for that type of pain experience anymore. 🤣

    I see what you did there

  • @Mat_Sella said:

    it comes out tomorrow so they can laugh at all the "SBMM is horrible" threads that will be made today when its not even enabled.

    I already thought about that. It's going to be a train wreck on the forums a little later today.

    @Hannacia said:

    Disappointing.. i was looking forward practising the new killer without getting sweaty purples and reds against me but i guess that fun has been taken away from me .. might just log in tomorrow

    Yeah, I'll just play DbD tomorrow. I'm done with the current matchmaker. Looks like I'll get extra work done on the next manuscript today, instead.

  • @Seraphor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2477526#Comment_2477526

    MMR will take from your previous play data, it's not starting from 0. So your activity today will influence your MMR when it goes live tomorrow. So start adjusting.

    And good news is, people will probably lose a lot with him today, so he'll end up low MMR come tomorrow.

  • Well I'll wait til tomorrow then to try for Pinhead's adept as my MMR should be low with him and it will be easier to do.

  • Good thing that this update itself is taking 300 years so i can easily just skip Pinboy today and wait until tomorrow when i dont have to sweat my ass off with good players. I'll just go survive few matches if this update ever finishes.

    Also now that his voices are gone he's not all that interesting to me anymore :( i feel like thats huge part what made him special.

  • Well, it seems I'll only be playing killer today then.

  • @GrimoireWeiss said:

    Well, it seems I'll only be playing killer today then.

    three-finger-salute-good-luck.gif

    Especially if you are planning on trying the new killer.

  • @Hannacia said:

    Good thing that this update itself is taking 300 years so i can easily just skip Pinboy today and wait until tomorrow when i dont have to sweat my ass off with good players. I'll just go survive few matches if this update ever finishes.

    Also now that his voices are gone he's not all that interesting to me anymore :( i feel like thats huge part what made him special.

    Yeah, I'm right with you. Between the loss off Pinhead audio and the SBMM not coming today, been a huge disappointment for today's patch.

    I mean, I should be shocked, but this is BHVR-Land, so I'm not. I'm simply not logging in today. Maybe tomorrow, if SBMM actually launches.

  • I'm [BAD WORD] disappointed.

    The new MMR was literally the thing I was more excited about the new patch and they delayed it.

    Ok, it's only 1 day, but I was psyched to start a good session of hours playing TODAY, not tomorrow.

  • Right? I even scheduled my writing this week to account for taking today off solely to play with the SBMM launch.

    At this point, I sometimes wonder if it's a Race to the Bottom between BHVR and Blizzard.

    And not only SBMM. Nemesis launches, and RPD has to be disabled damn near immediately. Pinhead launches, but, sorry, no audio files for him.

  • It's not going live today because they want you to play pinhead, so it can calculate your mmr for tommorow.

  • @Itslat3ncy said:

    It's not going live today because they want you to play pinhead, so it can calculate your mmr for tommorow.

    Too bad for them. I'll play Pinhead tomorrow. I'm done with this hellhole of a rank matchmaker. I'll play again when they turn on SBMM. 🤷‍♂️