Hillbilly MMR

Lately ive really been enjoying billy and he is far from as bad as people say ( without add ons yeah his overheat can suck)

that being said i play mostly killer and i have enough knowledge in game to play games good enough what im worried about ive been maining billy and gotten decent at him do previous games account into my mmr because i do not want to go against deathsquads immediatly with billy just a small thing i think could be rough

Comments

  • Yes, they have been collecting mmr data this entire time, not just during the tests.


    And also that overheat is BRUTAL. No idea why that is a thing.

  • @ThiccBudhha said:

    Yes, they have been collecting mmr data this entire time, not just during the tests.

    And also that overheat is BRUTAL. No idea why that is a thing.

    Yeah like bro bubba is easy but what i dont understand is bubba gains heat with reving no on revs plus i did a comparison bubba gets his stacks back faster without add ons then billy get his overheat cooldown whats up with that

    because bubba stacks are more efficient in what they do its just so sad honestly

  • The second you get survivors with brains who understand vault loops are a death sentence for Billy. The match is over and you can't do #########.

  • @Sweet_Tour said:

    The second you get survivors with brains who understand vault loops are a death sentence for Billy. The match is over and you can't do #########.

    Agreed but u can manage with those and ive gotten good curves at the T wall begore geuss ill do like bubba mains and run bamboozle ๐Ÿ˜Š

  • @Jigsaw_pprentice1993 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2474421#Comment_2474421

    Agreed but u can manage with those and ive gotten good curves at the T wall begore geuss ill do like bubba mains and run bamboozle ๐Ÿ˜Š

    Nah once they see bamboozle they book it for the next loop. And then if you have a map like swamp then it's hell.

  • Not every window is a safe one my friend also now ur talking map specifics

  • In my opinion they need to revert the whole billy change but just nerf the broken addons that he had.

  • @BrodieDBD said:

    In my opinion they need to revert the whole billy change but just nerf the broken addons that he had.

    not entirely his overheat should not give 25% to it when u do a rev or start the chainsaw that would be a lot beter

  • Even aside from the overheat his addons are all really terrible like ######### cooling your overheat while someone is shining a flashlight on you or making the chainsaw quiter when billy now screams like an angry forum member whenever he chainsaws or rev faster after a pallet stun. Like lopro is fun but when the ######### does it actually work? Engravings are fun but because they take longer to rev your chainsaw is constantly on fire. His other good addons are literally just making his annoying pointless overheat a little more bearable. Turning addons can be fun but with the hitboxes on some things in this game if you are using the purple one it just ends up being a pain in the ass.

  • Billy is def a lot stronger than people give credit for. I still love playing as him, even if he's very stressful at times. He's my 3rd favorite killer to play as.

    Honestly, they should tone down overheat by a tad (make Punctured Muffler base-kit), change most of his add-ons, etc. I even made a whole thread on how to fix the Hillbilly, including changes to his garbage add-ons, without removing overheat (since BHVR does not want to remove it) here:

    @glitchboi said:

    Since BHVR is hesitant about removing overheat, I think there are still ways to work around it.

    Base-kit

    Billy is still a really, really fun killer, even if his base-kit alone is miserable to enjoy, as well as his animations.

    Please fix Billy's animations.

    There is one add-on that actually helps make him more enjoyable though: the one, the only, the almighty...

    Punctured Muffler

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/S8MO8ROOCAVL/image.png

    This add-on is an absolute blessing. It recharges your chainsaw WAY faster and I don't recall a time where I overheated while using this add-on. From what it seems, it would only punish campers! By default, heat dissipates at -3.5 c/s. This add-on makes it dissipate at -5 c/s. Wanna know the funny part? This add-on was already base-kit before. Billy's heat dissipation was -5 c/s by default in 4.1.0-4.1.1, then they changed it to -3.5 c/s in 4.1.2. Why???

    What I'm trying to say is, is that this add-on should be made base-kit. That's all I've got for Billy's base-kit balance-wise, just give him this add-on base-kit!

    Add-ons

    Before we jump into the add-ons, I wanna talk about the Engravings first. They make your chainsaw get heated quickly. All I would do, is make it so that revving the chainsaw with those add-ons charges up overheat slower, so that it's equivalent to the usual heat revving.

    Also the drift add-ons are perfect, no need to change them.

    Anyways, let's get right into the add-ons.

    IMO the brown ones seem fine, nothing to change there...

    Yellow add-ons

    • I would make Big Buckle activate when you're in a chainsaw sprint. Would make for some fun builds. Maybe increase it to rare, but make one of the rare addons uncommon. Also, change this add-on to Black Grease, you'll find out why soon enough.

    Green add-ons

    • Mother's Helpers is actually not a bad add-on, but it still deserves a buff. Change it from 30 seconds to 60 seconds, and buff the charge time a little and change it to moderately (+12% to +15%).
    • I would make Low Kickback Chains a yellow add-on. From what it seems, it's basically just a training wheel add-on (it can also be used for a super cooldown build along with Steel Toe Boots) so I don't think it would hurt to make it yellow.
    • Leafy Mesh is an interesting one, I like the idea of it. I would increase the duration of the Undetectable status effect to 30 seconds though.
    • Black Grease. Man I absolutely hate this add-on, lol. It's literally useless. I'd give it a complete rework. What I'd do? Bring back The Thompson's Mix! Other than the charge time boost. However, I'd change the cooldown on chainsaw hits from 20% to 25% to compensate. This add-on will also be renamed to the Thompson's Mix as well as giving it its icon.

    Purple add-ons

    • Tuned Carburetor is honestly not a bad add-on. You're trading your precious 4.6 m/s for near-instasaw. This add-on has actually been quite useful and really fun to use. However, I would buff it from a 20% faster chainsaw charge to 24% though, and change it to considerably. I'm also thinking, maybe make this add-on as well as Mother's Helpers non-stackable?
    • For Pighouse Gloves, I'd probably just buff it to 5 charges less (from 2 charges less) while revving the chainsaw.
    • LoPro Chains is perfect, nothing to change for it. It's perhaps one of the most creative add-ons added to DBD.

    I personally find Billy's pink add-ons to be fine, and really interesting as well. Maybe buff them a bit, I dunno.

    Hitboxes

    Perhaps one of Billy's worst enemies, other than indoor maps. Sometimes your chainsaw would collide in areas where it shouldn't. The most common example of this are the Macmillan trees. Not sure if they fixed it but eh. The side of the trees have a twig. If you chainsaw towards them, you'll bump into them and get stunned, even though you literally go through it without that chainsaw. I guess he has the similar problem with Blight, both have collision issues.

    Conclusion

    I like the concept of overheat and think that it should stay in the game in order to punish campers, but it shouldn't be punishing others. Billy was, and still remains to be one of the most fun killers to play as and against. He has arguably the most fun and interactive counterplay in the game, and most people can agree on that. Most of us miss the good ol' Billies, and nowadays coming across a Billy isn't something that usually happens these days. I believe that with these changes, Billy will be a lot more viable and enjoyable!


  • There's no reason to assume that the game thinks you're one of the best.

  • @MadLordJack said:

    There's no reason to assume that the game thinks you're one of the best.

    All the Billy veterans pretty much retired lol.

  • True, but that has absolutely no bearing whatsoever on SBMM.

  • @MadLordJack said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2474616#Comment_2474616

    True, but that has absolutely no bearing whatsoever on SBMM.

    It's just a testament to how TERRIBLE Billy is now compared to what he was is all.

  • @Killing_Time said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2474619#Comment_2474619

    It's just a testament to how TERRIBLE Billy is now compared to what he was is all.

    To be fair, that's mostly due to the pov changes and psychological effects of the Overheat mechanic. And in my case, the extreme punishment for living in NZ as opposed to Australia (damn you, teleporting melee-range survivors magically outskilling my backrevs by doing basically nothing!!!)

  • @MadLordJack said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2474624#Comment_2474624

    To be fair, that's mostly due to the pov changes and psychological effects of the Overheat mechanic. And in my case, the extreme punishment for living in NZ as opposed to Australia (damn you, teleporting melee-range survivors magically outskilling my backrevs by doing basically nothing!!!)

    Welp, more Nurse & Spirit lol