Is it just me, or is there something really suspicious about this Spirit?
For some reason, she knew exactly where we were. Even if we were really far away. And despite we all having Iron Will, she still knew.
https://youtu.be/W3TJThqrrNAIt was really weird because she had no perks or Add-Ons. I mean, sure, she could be some sort of god. But it felt really suspicious, and with her attitude, it was even more sus.

Comments
Bit sus
Spirits tend to be the most frequent hackers on killer. It's very hard to prove because of the nature of her power. I won't describe the hacks due to forum rules, but a very prominent Spirit player has been repeatedly banned over it
I think I have an idea of how the hack works. IF it is hacks
@Kira4Evr : In doubt, report her/him, nobody will blame you for a report.
She hadn't no way to spot you (no BBQ/auras perks). And she's maliciously nodding bc she knows that you know. Very suspicious behaviour.
Def 100% cheating
When the DC occurs they phase IMMEDIATELY over to your exact location, despite there being nothing that would give you away.
I've faced a spirit like this before as well, they had perks though.
She just clearly has the better gaming chair
Head nods make it pretty obvious she was hacking. When you give up shes esentially nodding and saying "Yeah thats right, you have no chance of winning."
£8,000 gaming chair with volume maxed out
you can literally hear the survivors contemplate moving before they even do
Cheaters taking matters into their own hands until BHVR fixes the sound bug.
**JK. It does seem suspicious, although there is no real way to prove it. It’s possible she spotted you nearby at the end and tracked your breathing since you were still healthy. Best bet is just to submit a report and leave it at that.
If i had to bet my money, i would say she is cheating. But there are some really insane Spirit players out there who can pull off such things.
Honestly you guys all got down in a 10 meter radius from that hook so she prolly just knew bro😂
it is a bit sus.
can you share the entire match?
For real. Everyone is just chilling around the hook instead of pressuring gens.
She was hitting me on the hook as well. I 4%, and then the same thing happened again
Lol, head nodding is NOT proof of hacking. I hope you or the person you quoted are never on a jury.
Nah she just stole object of obsession
Yea I know. It just made everything more sus IMO
I didn't see anything fishy here. When she was phase shifting, you were the only one not sprinting everywhere. By the way, survivors do make general breathing sounds, which the Spirit can listen to.
Like I said, just report it through the appropriate channels and you’re good. No harm in that.
Either she has the best headsets in the world, or what everyone else is saying. Because yeah some of those movements did not make sense at all without any perks or add-ons. Especially how she knew exactly where you were standing at.
I experienced something similar few months ago. Don't remember if she had perks/add ons but she always knew where everyone was. It looked very weird to me.
How is it not fishy that when the DC happens, OP is stood completely still and then the spirit turns, looks directly at them (you can see it on kindred) and IMMEDIATELY phases to their exact location
It's not like they guessed, they literally appeared right on top of them
Sure!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2Vsm9FSIvgwell I think I know why they got rank 1. Unfortunately even if you report with this evidence I don't think it's possible that it can be 100% guaranteed a hacker.
How is it fishy that they used their ears?
He knew you were there. He saw you before he picked up the DCer. You can see him abandon chase with you to pick him up lol. I’d have checked on the other side, where you were, too.
"used their ears"
Did you not read my post?
OP's teammate DCs, the Spirit (Who you can see on Kindred) turns and looks directly at where OP is, phases and goes to precisely where they are, to the point where they hop out of phase and pre-swing because they are 100% confident in knowing where they are.
Actually after watching the full thing
I don't think they were cheating in the traditional sense, like ESPs and stuff but it certainly looks that way
I think what this is, is a thing some people do where they mess with the game's sounds to make certain things louder/quieter. It's quite possible they've got some kind of setup where survivor breathing is much louder than its supposed to be
It's kinda cheating, but not in the same vein as like - ESPs and so on.
Only problem with this theory is no Stridor, which spirits doing this would use for self explanatory reasoning.
Faced a nemi that knew exactly where we were yesterday. Made me turn off cross play because I'm tired of thinking that someone might be cheating on pc.
yeah I mean I still think they were cheating but
it's def possible that they weren't, so I wanted to offer an alternative explanation
thanks.
it's still a bit sus. but I can see a timeline where there's no hacking required.
game starts, because of rng spirit finds a survivor fast and wins the chase in not the best, but decent time.
now, at 1:05, after hooking the survivor, she can potentially see scratch marks left by your survivor buddy there. so she goes there, hears her breathing and slashes.
she also probably realizes someone has been working on this gen, since it's in eyesight.
1:15 - she decides to check the hook instead of continuing to chase, sees scratchmarks left by the other survivor and goes for her. but she's running looking backwards, and she could have seen either scratchmarks or the second survivor.
so she goes for the wounded one.
after that she very clearly sees either scratch marks or the other survivor, because he's still running all around. she gets a hit and decides to check the gen.
see that it gets finished and decides to just hook the downed survivor.
when she goes back she sees more scratchmarks by the other survivor and gets her.
1:55 - pretty sure she saw you.
2:06 - the survivor dcs and she goes for the place where she last saw you. probably hears your breathing and that was it.
obviously, none of us can prove either way if any hacking was involved. but I rather give the benefit of the doubt. we all have those games where things just work perfectly.
like here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aE4_Z4orvygIf I wanted to, I could have just chased the Ace and the game was gonna be over. but I didn't feel like doing that, partially because it wasn't very fun and partially because I had an archive challenge to do. So I didn't push my advantage there.
unlike this spirit, who went full sweat.