Why do you play Dead by Daylight?

Just a good little poll, with a few options to answer with.

Comments

  • I want to know why the community feels a certain way about the game, and which reason you have for still investing time into this game. All results are valid, and I will not judge depending on which answer you give me.

    (Unless the answer is raunchy or unnecessary, in which case, I reserve all right to judge you.)

    Addendum: I will clarify option 5 a little. I don't just mean the literal "Power" of every Killer, I also mean the feeling you get when you play a dominating role, that rush of excitement and power you feel from playing the side that takes others down.

  • Honestly, because it's pretty easy to suck me into a loop where I keep trying to unlock the unlockables.

  • @Hex_Llama said:

    Honestly, because it's pretty easy to suck me into a loop where I keep trying to unlock the unlockables.

    It is. It's unfortunate that many of the unlockables have to be locked behind paywalls. Would've liked the Trickster weapon from the Cut Thru U set, but guess that'll never happen for some reason.

  • This is the exact reason I can’t leave. I just love some of the characters too much that if I leave the game, I leave them too.

  • Because I like to torture myself.

  • I'm a completionist, So I mainly play the game for the Rift, to finish achievements, and to finish getting the rest of my characters to P3-50 with all perks.

  • I'm addicted and have nothing better to do with my time

  • I have no idea... but i just love it.

  • I do not deny it. Because this game is the only crossover where I can play Myers, Freddy, Bubba, GF and now Pinhead like he's in a movie.

  • @fogdonkey said:

    Because I like to torture myself.

    Well, bud, the CIA (probably) uses this game as an interrogation tactic, so you're not the only one being tortured.

  • I'm not afraid to admit that I genuinely find the game fun, albeit a bit miserable at times.

  • Because there isn't a better game. This game makes me miserable pretty frequently but its the only one of its kind, so im kinda forced to play it if i want to enjoy my favorite genre.

  • @TacitusKilgore said:

    Because there isn't a better game. This game makes me miserable pretty frequently but its the only one of its kind, so im kinda forced to play it if i want to enjoy my favorite genre.

    It's definitely unfortunate that there's no other game (that's readily available and has a widespread community) like this, but I'd probably keep that chin up. You never know who's coming up with a game in the same genre.

  • @fogdonkey said:

    Because I like to torture myself.

    this

  • It's like the lament configuration.

    Pleasure and pain built all in one!

  • Because the other multiplayer games are all boring and annoying to play, I hate/have no interest in shooters and pixel sandbox games

  • @Vulgun said:

    Just a good little poll, with a few options to answer with.


    ALL OF THOSE AND MORE! IT'S ONE OF MY FAVORITES AND I LOVE SEEING IT GROW! NEW KILLERS CONSTANTLY BEING ADDED WITH NEW MAPS AND SURVIVORS! THERE ARE SO MANY KILLERS TO BRING IN. I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE WHAT HAPPENS! MAYBE SOME CHUCKY?? LEPRECHAUN? OR THE CREEPER FROM JEEPERS CREEPERS? DEAD SPACE? A BOOGEYMAN, NOSFERATU OR DRACULA, A WEREWOLF, A MINOTAUR, MEDUSA, THE MINER FROM MY BLOODY VALENTINE, THE OMEN OR POSSESSED CHILD LIKE THE EXORCIST, ANY SCPS, SWEENEY TODD OR JACK THE RIPPER. THE LIST JUST KEEPS GOING!!

  • Mixed feelings.

    I spent a lot of money on this game because i enjoy playing, although the game is not perfect and I'm not always happy.

    In this genre, there is no game that compares to Dead by daylight. happy but not 100% satisfied.

  • I may well be packing it in and moving on after I complete the current pass.

  • @Viktor1853 said:

    so i can camp

    At least you're honest about your sins.

    @Anniehere said:

    Mixed feelings.

    I spent a lot of money on this game because i enjoy playing, although the game is not perfect and I'm not always happy.

    In this genre, there is no game that compares to Dead by daylight. happy but not 100% satisfied.

    This is honestly my feeling, but I had a far better experience with one other game that didn't have much developer support from the main guys at Capcom. Unfortunately, I came over to DbD long after the whole Resistance game died.

    And when I came in compared to now, it's 100% not satisfactory (especially with how they made pallets too OP against Killers), but until someone makes a game to compete with it in a better way, I paid for it, and I'm paying for it.

  • @Vulgun said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2450636#Comment_2450636

    At least you're honest about your sins.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2450622#Comment_2450622

    This is honestly my feeling, but I had a far better experience with one other game that didn't have much developer support from the main guys at Capcom. Unfortunately, I came over to DbD long after the whole Resistance game died.

    And when I came in compared to now, it's 100% not satisfactory (especially with how they made pallets too OP against Killers), but until someone makes a game to compete with it in a better way, I paid for it, and I'm paying for it.

    You played Resistance?

    I really wanted this game but i discovered it too late when it got removed from Steam. every game with a similar idea to DBD doesn't survive long sadly.

    Also i heard about Re:verse but I'm pretty disappointed.

  • @Anniehere said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2451353#Comment_2451353

    You played Resistance?

    I really wanted this game but i discovered it too late when it got removed from Steam. every game with a similar idea to DBD doesn't survive long sadly.

    Also i heard about Re:verse but I'm pretty disappointed.

    Resistance was never pulled from Steam.

    It was just never ON Steam to begin with because RE3R was tied to it. It came with RE3R, so.

  • Because I'm a glutton for punishment and being disappointed. Second choice: Licensed Characters.

  • I play because I genuinely have fun most of the time. The story and characters may have been my initial draw to the game, but I stayed because I have fun.

  • I am not playing DBD anymore, but, right before I left, I was playing exclusively because of my eternal love for what this game once was.

  • It's fun. Broken as all hell but fun.

  • Because I hate myself.

  • Because of all of the possible answers and the amazing community experience you can get and the amazing artwork/cosplay community.

  • I sometimes wonder this myself.

    I don't know anymore.

    I mean, it's the first game I have ever invested time in, watching videos, trying to learn and improve.

    I still get absolutely rinsed if the killer finds me out in the open and I don't know how to chain tiles, so I still have a lot to learn. I think that's what keeps me going.

  • Like many here have stated, I'd have to say a combination of them all, really.





    But if I was to be brutally honest, it'd be undoubtedly because I inadvertently like to torture myself. Because this community can be a hellhole lol :D

  • I think I just hate people so simulating maiming and murdering them and generally making them feel miserable and hopeless gives me a strange sense of glee. In fact the thing that makes me the absolute happiest in this game is when people disconnect; to be honest I'd sooner see a player disconnect than get sacrificed.

  • @Viktor1853 said:

    so i can camp

    Go play Call of Duty, Street Fighter, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate or something if you like camping.

  • Licensed characters are a big part of why I enjoy DBD but I began playing in 2016 when there were no licensed characters I had no idea what DBD would build into. Today I play in great anticipation and excitement of what the next licensed killer will be, but in general I love the gameplay loop. I love to play as a powerful killer showing who's the boss, and I also love escaping from a powerful killer, showing who's the more clever one. There is something magical about the game that you cannot find anywhere else.

    Oh, and also because I freaking love horror! I only wish DBD would step up their graphics, lighting, sound effects, music, and make the game really scary. I want BHVR to really make me jump from my chair when the killer ambushes from a corner. Make the environment look gruesome and horrifying. But that does not seem to be something BHVR is interested in, what a shame.

  • because I'm a masochist whole likes to feel like horrible

  • @Vulgun said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2460925#Comment_2460925

    Go play Call of Duty, Street Fighter, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate or something if you like camping.

    Nah i like to camp in dead by daylight is more fun

  • I just get bored and I think it is fun

  • Sometimes I want play dead by daylight

  • I want to get all my killers to P3-lvl50

    I'm a survivor main btw

  • All of the above. Also because I like to torture myself.

  • I don't play anymore. I just lurk around to see what's going on. The game has become far too stale in it's current state.

  • There's no other game like Dbd, with its way of being.