I’m sorry…

So just recently I was being a big jerk on another thread and I wanted to create an apology thread because I did feel like I was being a bit too mean and tried to disregard what others were trying to say. I’m not going to go into detail about what was said, but to anyone I may have offended or felt uncomfortable with what I said, I’m truly sorry.

I’ve calmed down since and now I acknowledge how I was wrong.

Comments

  • I don't know exactly what you commented, but it takes a lot of maturity to reflect and apologize for something you did wrong. I respect that.

  • It's okay, I have no idea what you said, but it's okay.

  • Good on you for recognizing your own behavior and stepping up. I would recommend you link this thread to THAT thread. The people who you hurt won't see it otherwise.

  • @AshInTheTallGrass said:

    Good on you for recognizing your own behavior and stepping up. I would recommend you link this thread to THAT thread. The people who you hurt won't see it otherwise.

    What do you mean exactly by linking the threads? You mean posting the link of the thread here?

  • @GannTM said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2444519#Comment_2444519

    What do you mean exactly by linking the threads? You mean posting the link of the thread here?

    Correct. Commenting on that thread and sharing this link.

  • You should next apologize to Mathieu Cote personally by email

  • @Snowbawlzzz said:

    You should next apologize to Mathieu Cote personally by email

    Haha true I should

  • Ok thanks for the tip :)

  • I also have no idea what was said, but good on you for owning it.

    I am sure, sooner or later, we all have these moments on this forum.

  • I wont forgive you until you post a hand drawn picture of Claudette petting a cat that is sitting in her lap.

  • @Huge_Bush said:

    I wont forgive you until you post a hand drawn picture of Claudette petting a cat that is sitting in her lap.

    You trynna embarrass me? I’m probably the worst drawer on the forums lol.

  • @GannTM said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2444563#Comment_2444563

    You trynna embarrass me? I’m probably the worst drawer on the forums lol.

    I will accept a finger painting of a smiling cat then. Or if you know someone on here who will do it for you, I'll accept it, though begrudgingly. In the meantime, you are only allowed to play as Demopuppy. No waifus for u.

  • @Huge_Bush said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2444566#Comment_2444566

    I will accept a finger painting of a smiling cat then. Or if you know someone on here who will do it for you, I'll accept it, though begrudgingly. In the meantime, you are only allowed to play as Demopuppy. No waifus for u.

    Alright, I’ll try when I get the chance to. I guess I need to get punished myself somehow.

  • Owning up when you're wrong is always difficult but it is especially hard concerning this game honestly.

    So I respect you for it, I've no idea what you said but we all get heated and say stuff we don't mean.

    All is well man.

  • For your sin, Spirit decided to Mori you on the spot

    image-1.png


  • @C3Tooth said:

    For your sin, Spirit decided to Mori you on the spot

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/2NSBZMJYLEME/image-1.png

    Honestly that sounds more like a reward than a punishment. I would love to get mori’d by her.

  • I looked at the thread you were apologising for and honestly it wasn't that bad, you're all good.

  • @Elena said:

    I looked at the thread you were apologising for and honestly it wasn't that bad, you're all good.

    I edited one of my comments because I said something pretty rude. Also I felt like I was disregarding what others were trying to say. I appreciate it though.

  • Here's the original thread in case anyone's interested. The OP is upset about being bullied, and @TheGannMan insults them and tells them to get over it. That's what the vague apology is for.

    @Darky77 said:

    I think we can all agree Dead by Daylight has it's fair share of technical problems and glitches, but there's one huge issue that's really affecting gameplay in a harsh manner. And I'm already sure I'm gonna get such positive and understanding responses for this, but it needs to be said.

    Within the past year or so, every single round I have seen at least one toxic survivor. The only exception being rounds where I just completely steam roll a bunch of babies, and even then they still try to be toxic. This whole Streamer/Gamer personality, where every single "victory" (even dropping a pallet that doesn't even get a stun) neds to be over celebrated with t-bagging and clicking, survivors that know they outrank the killer feel the need to flashlight click and t-bag and whatever they possibly can think of to bully the killer into giving up.

    I know complaining about it means nothing and will likely only encourage people to do it more, but seriously, what is the goal? What is the mindset? You know you outrank the killer by a lot, you know the killer is powerless and very frustrated, so what do you do? Antagonize, bully, mock, anything you can do to drive their face into the mud.

    I swear PHub has a subsection that's just footage of Survivors looping and t-bagging killers. There has to be the way people act. It's just so sickeningly toxic. Why do you feel the need to punish people for playing the game and trying to learn? Why do you feel the need to scrub your victory in their face and mock them for not being able to handle four people who each individually have ten times the play hours?

    People love to complain about new killers face camping and tunneling, but I get it. I don't support it, but I understand why they do it. You're so brutally punished for doing anything else, so why not get a kill or two by face camping rather then actually chase and end up getting looped, t-bagged, clicked and gen-rushed?

    Honestly, with the Gen speeds being screwed up and this on top of it, the game just isn't fun anymore. And that really hurts. I love this game so much and I want to see it keep growing, but it just isn't fun anymore. You try at all and you just get screwed over by the match making and gen rushing, then bullied and mocked by toxic survivors on top of that. I seriously concede the match and open the gates, and they STILL sit there clicking and running around, desperately trying to get me to do something so they can watch me fail.

    This disgusting playstyle and undying need to rub in everyone's face how good you are at the game is just ruining Dead by Daylight. New killers are punished for trying to learn the game and any kind of effort to try is met with ruthless toxicity. It's just not fun to try so hard just so four people can rub one out watching your failure to deal with four people who each outmatch you alone.

    I'm not even gonna bother trying to request the behavior stop, asking gamers to stop being toxic is like asking the Earth to stop rotating, but it just needed to be said. I used to love the game and look forward to getting on each day, now I dread it. Rounds used to be 15-20 minutes, super fun back and forth gameplay that was a struggle for both sides but still achievable with effort. Now it's just a mad scramble to do as much as possible before the gates are open in 5 minutes. You either steamroll a bunch of newbies or get your face ground into the mud by toxic streamers. I was on the verge of just quitting the game altogether, but Pinhead actually turned out to be a very cool, well-balanced killer.

    Yes, this is just a rant post, yes I am aware no one cares and this isn't going to change. it just sucks to now hate a game that I used to love so dearly. I still play because it's still a great game, but now I end up forfeiting 80% of the rounds I play, because I'm not gonna sit there and flail around just so some red rank can bully me and rub one out. 3 minutes into the match I just go and sit at the exit gates and wait ten seconds for the final gen to go off so I can open the gate and wait another ten minutes for all the survivors to get over their desperate attempts to bait me into trying so they can bully me further.

    This isn't fun. This is all I've gotten for the past year or so. It's making me dislike the game, and I really hate that. It's way too good a game to be consumed by this Streamer/Gamer personality. It's getting a bad reputation.

  • @Hex_Llama said:

    Here's the original thread in case anyone's interested. The OP is upset about being bullied, and @TheGannMan insults them and tells them to get over it. That's what the vague apology is for.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/274707/dbds-biggest-problem-and-it-isnt-behaviors-fault

    Is there a reason you added "vague apology?"

  • This game and its community can get to us all at some point

    These things happen sometimes, it's good to be reflective when they do.

  • @GannTM said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2444580#Comment_2444580

    Honestly that sounds more like a reward than a punishment. I would love to get mori’d by her.

    😳you came

  • @Hex_Llama said:

    Here's the original thread in case anyone's interested. The OP is upset about being bullied, and @TheGannMan insults them and tells them to get over it. That's what the vague apology is for.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/274707/dbds-biggest-problem-and-it-isnt-behaviors-fault

    That's what the vague apology is for.

    I disagree with that because the OP explicitly gave context to what they were apologising for and were open and honest about it.

  • I do not think they meant vague apology as in a partial apology so much as they meant how vague this thread was in regard to what was being apologized about.

  • @ThiccBudhha said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2444637#Comment_2444637

    I do not think they meant vague apology as in a partial apology so much as they meant how vague this thread was in regard to what was being apologized about.

    True. I know I didn't explain exactly what happened but I mainly just wanted to apologize because I felt bad for my actions and wanted to get straight to the point.

  • We all make mistakes man, you're clearly a good guy for apologizing for whatever happened!