SBMM will be the best thing to ever happen to me

No longer will I get teams where all 3 go down within 30seconds, have people selfcare through devour, NOED, sloppy and I certainly won't get survivors never touch gens walking round the edge of the map.

I seriously dont get how people hate the idea of SBMM. I assume its because they're in ranks they shouldn't be due to the bad ranking atm?

SBMM doesnt need to be perfect, but anything is better than the current ranking

Comments

  • Or maybe people hate sbmm because it makes their games much worse than they are currently?

    Surely not the case, only your experience is the correct one.

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/274376/sbmm-will-be-the-best-thing-to-ever-happen-to-me

    Maybe because. For those of us who play at a higher level. It isn't about "being at the rank you SHOULD be at" It's about the fact at the highest levels. Maps and gen speeds are too much for basically any killer who isn't spirit or nurse.

    It's about the fact that no one wants sweat matches 100 % of the time. It's about the fact that SSMM proved the game isn't balanced at the highest levels. It's about the fact that it makes you play in very "unfair" ways by camping your first hook. Because the matches will be over in 5 minutes. In one way or the other. It doesn't let you "play fair". It's about the fact that it has nothing to do with "getting gud baby killer"

    I never understand this higher level thing, people say it's only the top top 1% so not everyone is going to be there. And youd only have to sweat if the SBMM is so harsh with no leeway which it wont be.

    No game should be a free easy win without trying. Rank should mean something.

  • Totally agree. My solo survivor games were sooooooooooo much better. Finally had competent team mates and the killer still just as good.

  • Same. i had very good matches during SBMM. Solo Q was fun and i got competent teammates and as killer i got survivors around my skill level. Maybe i was just lucky but i had good experiences with SBMM

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2441158#Comment_2441158

    No game should be a free easy escape 5 minutes in and the killer has 4 hooks either. You don't need to be on team oracle or be facing the 1 %. You merely have to be facing 4 competent survivors who stay glued to gens. Who know how to abuse heavily survivor sided maps with broken structures.

    I can tell you my SSMM experience was horrible. It wasn't because I care about people escaping. It was because every game was a sweat fest. Every game was going to be over in 5 minutes either way. Rather I slugged them out or gens were done. It's because I had to start playing in a way I don't particularly care for.

    Sure the solo que experience was better. Meanwhile the killer experience was god ######### aweful. Again. The maps are unbalanced. The gen speeds are unbalanced at the highest levels. Where it becomes unbearable. And not about your skill level as killer at all

    Okay well that's a balancing point isnt it. Sure they wont balance for the best of players but even you yourself just good players on gens with some of the maps isnt fair well that needs to change not just throw bad players in ranks they dont belong.

    Everyone acts like they're top % which 8snt the case. All these red rank players that are clearly struggling will get easier games bot harder. People need to stop spreading fake news.

    You will be matched with equal skill (roughly) once some SBMM is in then they can balance around. No I'm not on about just that 1% again which everyone goes to I'm on about the actual normal good solo survivors. Not the top not the worst.

  • @SirGando said:

    Same. i had very good matches during SBMM. Solo Q was fun and i got competent teammates and as killer i got survivors around my skill level. Maybe i was just lucky but i had good experiences with SBMM

    @Marigoria said:

    Totally agree. My solo survivor games were sooooooooooo much better. Finally had competent team mates and the killer still just as good.

    Glad I'm not alone, feel way to many people are exaggerating SBMM as if its nothing but bad.

    I feel too many people have become comfortable with easy games

  • My solo queue teammates were so much better with MMR on.

    Like I don't demand perfection or anything, as in all survivors must be able to loop the killer for 12 gens and get at least 3 flashlight saves one of which must be via CJ tech, but holy badword the crap I was getting yesterday.

    3 survivors alive, 3 genned against a legion, about to finish the last gen which we could have managed -together- but the (red rank) claud runs in terror against the (frenzied) legion approaching us (frenzied legions, the most deadly thing in the game, clearly) So the game drags on another 10+ stupid minutes after. Meg dies, the gen gets popped, I'm the last one trying to get a gen done while claud skulks near the hatch, I die, he gets to her before I'm fully sacrificed (good) and after all that, she DCs

    I don't mind dying, or losing, unless it's in extremely stupid and unnecessary circumstances like that just described. I've been spoiled by my MMR teammates honestly because I am struggling to tolerate this crap anymore. SWF and killer only til it's back on for good I think.

  • @EntitySpawn said:

    No longer will I get teams where all 3 go down within 30seconds, have people selfcare through devour, NOED, sloppy and I certainly won't get survivors never touch gens walking round the edge of the map.

    I seriously dont get how people hate the idea of SBMM. I assume its because they're in ranks they shouldn't be due to the bad ranking atm?

    SBMM doesnt need to be perfect, but anything is better than the current ranking

    My biggest gripe with it is, it mostly gives me low rank teammates against a high rank killer in the first few matches. I hate it. Before this SBMM when we were able to see our ranks, only me and the killer were red ranks while my 3 teammates were green or lower. And they PLAYED like it. No game sense at all, not noobs, just plain bad at the game. The killer is already good, and these scrubs are pulling you off the hook before the killer can take 5 steps. Now 9 times out of 10 red ranks don’t tunnel, so they would go after them. That was unnecessary. They took aggro for nothing and would go down quickly. There would be 20 min games where I would die first, and have the most points. CONSTANTLY. That was infuriating. Imagine getting this matchmaking system that pairs you up with bad players, and when you die- you see you have more points than the 3 left alive. With the closest having a 3K difference, and the furthest didn’t even make it to ten thousand. 😑 Players constantly DC’ng for the dumbest things, just screwing you over while you keep further slipping into matchmaking abyss, until the game says ok he sucks- he belongs here. Now the real fun begins since I’m getting bad killers who camp and tunnel on top of the bad teammates. Can’t get out any time soon. I would have to endure a lot of bad games to get back to where I was before the SBMM- that’s not fun. ELO hell.

  • I've already been jaded around SBMM and not because I think it's bad but of what I think are weird takes from some content creators. During the test, I watched one get consistent 2ks but absolutely hated every moment of it. But Once it was turned off, the 4ks came back and they were like "dbd is balanced around solo q :) ".... while they 4k the solo q's every game.. sometimes at 5 gens.

    Yes, that is what balance truly looks like.

  • @Aneurysm said:

    My solo queue teammates were so much better with MMR on.

    Like I don't demand perfection or anything, as in all survivors must be able to loop the killer for 12 gens and get at least 3 flashlight saves one of which must be via CJ tech, but holy badword the crap I was getting yesterday.

    3 survivors alive, 3 genned against a legion, about to finish the last gen which we could have managed -together- but the (red rank) claud runs in terror against the (frenzied) legion approaching us (frenzied legions, the most deadly thing in the game, clearly) So the game drags on another 10+ stupid minutes after. Meg dies, the gen gets popped, I'm the last one trying to get a gen done while claud skulks near the hatch, I die, he gets to her before I'm fully sacrificed (good) and after all that, she DCs

    I don't mind dying, or losing, unless it's in extremely stupid and unnecessary circumstances like that just described. I've been spoiled by my MMR teammates honestly because I am struggling to tolerate this crap anymore. SWF and killer only til it's back on for good I think.

    Well that's my issue, I'm rank 1 versing a rank 1 killer with meta perks but my team cant do chases, dont do gens etc. Like fine you cant do chases, but at least do a gen lol

    @KerJuice said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/274376/sbmm-will-be-the-best-thing-to-ever-happen-to-me

    My biggest gripe with it is, it mostly gives me low rank teammates against a high rank killer in the first few matches. I hate it. Before this SBMM when we were able to see our ranks, only me and the killer were red ranks while my 3 teammates were green or lower. And they PLAYED like it. No game sense at all, not noobs, just plain bad at the game. The killer is already good, and these scrubs are pulling you off the hook before the killer can take 5 steps. Now 9 times out of 10 red ranks don’t tunnel, so they would go after them. That was unnecessary. They took aggro for nothing and would go down quickly. There would be 20 min games where I would die first, and have the most points. CONSTANTLY. That was infuriating. Imagine getting this matchmaking system that pairs you up with bad players, and when you die- you see you have more points than the 3 left alive. With the closest having a 3K difference, and the furthest didn’t even make it to ten thousand. 😑 Players constantly DC’ng for the dumbest things, just screwing you over while you keep further slipping into matchmaking abyss, until the game says ok he sucks- he belongs here. Now the real fun begins since I’m getting bad killers who camp and tunnel on top of the bad teammates. Can’t get out any time soon. I would have to endure a lot of bad games to get back to where I was before the SBMM- that’s not fun. ELO hell.

    Well that's why SBMM isnt permanently on yet they will gather data so when it is on it wont need as much adjusting. You should already be roughly in your skill area

    @WeenieDog said:

    I've already been jaded around SBMM and not because I think it's bad but of what I think are weird takes from some content creators. During the test, I watched one get consistent 2ks but absolutely hated every moment of it. But Once it was turned off, the 4ks came back and they were like "dbd is balanced around solo q :) ".... while they 4k the solo q's every game.. sometimes at 5 gens.

    Yes, that is what balance truly looks like.

    Well what people class as a win is different. I play at a pretty high level, hell iv had the game since its release lol but for me (this is at a high level)

    9hooks as killer is great against a string team, I'll take that as a win if I can clearly see they're a good team (kills dont matter to me, rather 9hooks 1kill than 3hooks and 3 kills)

    Survivor honestly if we get all gens done it's a win, even if I die at 2gens left as long as they get completed the survivors did their objective. I'm more about my chase and objective that Escaping, I'll always try save you even if I die

  • Everyone is talking about hard hard it is for the killer at high levels. But shouldn't SBMM adjust for this, and remove the killer player from this high level if it sees that the killer player can't keep up with this high level gameplay?

    Also probably many of you just think that you are a high level killer, but in fact you are just not so good. But it is not a problem, SBMM should just match up you with a bit lower skilled survivors who are also just wannabe high lever players.

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2441190#Comment_2441190

    Yes and that's been my point. I guess I didn't say i don't neccesarily have an issue with SSMM. I have an issue with maps and gen speeds. But they go hand in hand really.

    They want to have SSMM. But the maps and gen speeds are such...That at the higher levels. It's not ABOUT skill as the killer. Because it becomes irrelevant how well you perform. Because you either just need to camp/tunnel from the start. Or be lucky and slug them out at the EGC while trying to save a hooked team mate

    Well atm balance is impossible, you can have 2 people same rank and time played but be on way different skill levels. By no means is this game perfect but bigger maps can be made smaller, we have seen this from the swamp maps years ago and now they play really well.

    But for example temple of purgation is a huge map iv had games which all gens are done super fast and others where I get 12hooks at 4/5gens while both being the same killer and ranks etc.

    The game doesnt need to be a perfect balance, it cant with RNG especially to the degree we have atm. But it sure is possible to balance for the average good players and not the top % or even the bottom %

    Itll take time but better for the games full time health

  • MMR is very bad for me, because it only has 1 possible outcome, where it gives me the sweatiest people possible, some of them much more skilled than I am.

    And this makes the game so ######### boring!

    Thankfully, I am not even playing DBD anymore, so it doesn't really matter what happens to MMR.

  • @GeneralV said:

    MMR is very bad for me, because it only has 1 possible outcome, where it gives me the sweatiest people possible, some of them much more skilled than I am.

    And this makes the game so ######### boring!

    Thankfully, I am not even playing DBD anymore, so it doesn't really matter what happens to MMR.

    And then you'll go down against easier people. But if you dont play your opinion doesn't really matter as we should focus on those dedicated and actively playing (no offense)

  • @EntitySpawn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2441248#Comment_2441248

    And then you'll go down against easier people. But if you dont play your opinion doesn't really matter as we should focus on those dedicated and actively playing (no offense)

    Agreed.

  • Realistically though with SBMM they would make changes, sure not hugely focused on the top 1% but all changes will help regardless. Cant balance when you dont get accurate feedback and results. Who knows maybe down the line they will of made a bunch of changes and draw you back

  • Both from a killer and survivor perspective, SBMM was far better for me. Sure, as killer it was more challenging, but I rose to it and if anything feel quite happy that the game thought my skills were good enough to be at that caliber - also got decent results that felt well-earnt!

    I'm looking forward to it returning.

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2441240#Comment_2441240

    Again. Maps and gen speeds take the skill out of being a killer at the highest levels.

    Again. If the killer gets to that point and can't handle it, the killer's rank will fall back and will get easier matches.

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2441344#Comment_2441344

    You're missing the point. Maps and gen speeds make it so basically no killer can handle it. Short of god nurses or spirits.

    It's literally 0 about skill at that level.

    And what does SBMM have to do with this? SBMM is not creating this unbalance in high ranks, unbalance was already there before SBMM.

    Is your problem that the top survivors will face nurse and spirit more often?

    Or that the top killers will be matched against the more powerful top survivors?

    The solution is not to disable SBMM... SBMM could help to fix these issues by making them more obvious and easier to analyze and address. (Of course only if BHVR wants to fix it, but maybe they don't care about this top 5% of the playerbase.)

    Just an example idea how to fix the unbalance: With SBMM the system can predict the outcome of the match. If the matchmaking detects that survivors are more powerful compared to killer, it could make the gens a bit longer to repair and this way make it a bit easier for the killer.

  • I loved SBMM. Games were fun and exciting.

    It seems to me that the most miserable in SBMM were the top rank players. The price of spending too much time in the game is that you will just have sweaty games. It's not fun - or fair - for players with worse ranks to get matched against a high rank killers/SWF that then continue to obliterate the match because of skill discrepancy.

  • People don't like MMR because they're only getting half the picture. If you put high skill vs high skill, yes you're gonna sweat most of the time. But if we can take the data from these new equally skilled matches, we can use that to determine what perks or what maps are problematic. Things like that. But because the devs haven't given us any of those balance changes yet, people are complaining because they're only getting the back end of the whole thing.

  • All that mmr did was make survivor more fun for me and killer less fun lol