[Rant] Killers also have toxic killers to blame for the game being forgiving to survivors

Like I'm not one to play devil's advocate or fence sit when it comes to discussions between two parties especially with survivor and killer side of the community however as much as i agree mostly with killer's frustrations with dealing with perks that are too forgiving to the survivor I really have to ask ... Can you really blame them?

Like I seriously think that a good amount of killer mains see other killer mains with actual good points for the games balance and go into their games with the mentality that all survivors are out to get them or are toxic just because they got stunned with a pallet once or something. God the amount of times I've been camped on hook, like not as a last resort or because the killer saw all of us no... CAMPED from the start of the game, killer gets no bites so they go on a chase, then I get unhooked finally and they abandon chase to go back for me. Even with SWF there's not much you can do to avoid a deathhook, just struggle for as long as you can and hope the gens get done.

I'm not against killers using the strongest add ons, perks, hell take NOED at least it'll get me to search the map and play the game. But being tunelled out of the match at the start, no items in hand no teabagging etc really blows. And 9/10 times those killers are super toxic about doing it too. One example is a killer tunnelling the whole game and only getting one kill and accusing players of gen rushing when the case was just a teammate being good and mind gaming them and them not knowing when to abandon a chase.

Like I seriously try to advocate for killer mains I really do, playing killer is so stressful against a good team of survivors with meta perks, but with tunneling and camping still being as strong of a strat to get an early kill I can see why so many survivors run the same few perks over and over, especially in solo queue where it seems like a hard requirement to run kindred or borrowed time or DS etc etc. (Personally I have nothing against slugging)

Comments

  • @PyramidFootLicker said:

    Like I'm not one to play devil's advocate or fence sit when it comes to discussions between two parties especially with survivor and killer side of the community however as much as i agree mostly with killer's frustrations with dealing with perks that are too forgiving to the survivor I really have to ask ... Can you really blame them?

    Like I seriously think that a good amount of killer mains see other killer mains with actual good points for the games balance and go into their games with the mentality that all survivors are out to get them or are toxic just because they got stunned with a pallet once or something. God the amount of times I've been camped on hook, like not as a last resort or because the killer saw all of us no... CAMPED from the start of the game, killer gets no bites so they go on a chase, then I get unhooked finally and they abandon chase to go back for me. Even with SWF there's not much you can do to avoid a deathhook, just struggle for as long as you can and hope the gens get done.

    I'm not against killers using the strongest add ons, perks, hell take NOED at least it'll get me to search the map and play the game. But being tunelled out of the match at the start, no items in hand no teabagging etc really blows. And 9/10 times those killers are super toxic about doing it too. One example is a killer tunnelling the whole game and only getting one kill and accusing players of gen rushing when the case was just a teammate being good and mind gaming them and them not knowing when to abandon a chase.

    Like I seriously try to advocate for killer mains I really do, playing killer is so stressful against a good team of survivors with meta perks, but with tunneling and camping still being as strong of a strat to get an early kill I can see why so many survivors run the same few perks over and over, especially in solo queue where it seems like a hard requirement to run kindred or borrowed time or DS etc etc. (Personally I have nothing against slugging)

    Honestly it takes one toxic swf to set a killer up to play toxic their very next game. I play nice usually (no camping, tunneling, etc) but i find that the favor isnt ususally returned. The amt of times ive played "fair" and had 3 survs tbag at the gate is too damn high. Frankly a lot of survivors lack self awareness for when the killer is playing nice.

  • @BillyAndStu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/274363/rant-killers-also-have-toxic-killers-to-blame-for-the-game-being-forgiving-to-survivors

    Honestly it takes one toxic swf to set a killer up to play toxic their very next game. I play nice usually (no camping, tunneling, etc) but i find that the favor isnt ususally returned. The amt of times ive played "fair" and had 3 survs tbag at the gate is too damn high. Frankly a lot of survivors lack self awareness for when the killer is playing nice.


    Keep in mind I'm not saying toxic survivors aren't to blame, only that toxic killers are ALSO to blame. I acknowledge that survivors do play a role in killer toxicity as well.

  • @PyramidFootLicker said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2442670#Comment_2442670

    Keep in mind I'm not saying toxic survivors aren't to blame, only that toxic killers are ALSO to blame. I acknowledge that survivors do play a role in killer toxicity as well.

    Yeah its a vicious cycle. Logically in my eyes theres more toxic survs cuz theres more survivors than killers. I play both sides and I get the appeal of f cking with the killer a bit. If im messing with them and they smack me for it tho ill take the L

  • @TGB said:

    Point-wise, being "tunneled" is great...

    Once you become decent at the game, all it takes is losing them one of the 3 chase sequences they have on you, and you can basically guarantee a +1 pip because your chase score will be maxed. Do one single gen, maybe open the gate, and escape... or get a rescue, a heal, and die... Should be a +1 pip.

    If you're being tunneled omega, and you're losing all those chases too fast to get maxed points, AND can't seem to lose the Killer ever during any of those chases... Then it's either time to say, "Maybe I'm not a good Survivor," or say, "Hey, guys, can you start running BT please???"

    You can't guarantee pips while getting tunneled because the emblem system cater towards doing generators, not getting chased.

  • @PoweroSymbols3 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/274363/rant-killers-also-have-toxic-killers-to-blame-for-the-game-being-forgiving-to-survivors

    *Sigh* what people don't get is I'm sure 90% of the time someone might have a daily on a killer they don't like "complete 2 sacrifices as... like some stupid killer that the person hates" and they just want to get the challenge done and over with, can we just stop assuming the killer is making it personal for you?

    You might want to read the post again I'm not talking about killers with dailies, even provided an example

  • @PyramidFootLicker said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2442835#Comment_2442835

    You might want to read the post again I'm not talking about killers with dailies, even provided an example

    I mean, I had a daily and challenge to get two sacrifices (as Pig). I tunneled right from the start. Nothing in your post really exonerates me. At that point, the people trying to stop the tunnel were already slugged, so I just hooked them for the 4k and got a salty message about how trash I was.


    Two challenges in one game that lasted like 3 minutes, though. I can't complain.

  • @ThiccBudhha said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2442849#Comment_2442849

    I mean, I had a daily and challenge to get two sacrifices (as Pig). I tunneled right from the start. Nothing in your post really exonerates me. At that point, the people trying to stop the tunnel were already slugged, so I just hooked them for the 4k and got a salty message about how trash I was.

    Two challenges in one game that lasted like 3 minutes, though. I can't complain.

    Fair, but again I'm mostly talking about killers who're toxic about it, you can tell by the way they spam hits on a hooked survivors, and again they abandon an ongoing chase, even when the person being chased is injured to go find the very person they hooked first and get them back up again.

    What I'm mostly trying to say is that anti camp and tunnel perks exist because toxic killers abuse tunnelling and camping even when it doesn't benefit them, they just want to be toxic. If people want to be comfortable with camping and tunneling at the very start then they can't complain about the powerful perks survivors use, but it's not healthy for the game and for those who play casually around those perks. Which is why people tend to flock towards playing survivor.

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2441008#Comment_2441008

    DS, flashlights and flashbangs are not 3 minutes. DS only works if you tunnel.

    That’s not true though - if you hook the DS person, they get unhooked don’t heal or interact with anything, you in that time have already hooked someone else and find them again - they’re going to DS you. Not tunnelling, that’s their bad luck, or wanting to use DS to waste a few seconds. Same as those who bodyblock with BT when you’re actively trying to avoid the person who’s been unhooked.

  • @OddProvidence said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2440987#Comment_2440987

    So clicking a flashlight that does literally nothing to the killer if they look away and allows the killer to continue to perform every action in the game is more toxic than the killer camping which literally prevents the survivor from partaking in any game action at all? Try again.

    not clicking, blinding. that ######### hurts my eyes. can't turn brightness down or I'll lose people in coldwin even. take your gotcha moment back and use the context clues of blind, blind, blind, blind to figure ######### out

  • @katoptris said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2441003#Comment_2441003

    If you keep getting stunned then maybe you should see how you can countered it better. Being blinded mean you should be checking your surroundings.

    it was out of blind, back into blind. i couldn't see my surroundings after the first one

  • @SammehStormborn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2441009#Comment_2441009

    That’s not true though - if you hook the DS person, they get unhooked don’t heal or interact with anything, you in that time have already hooked someone else and find them again - they’re going to DS you. Not tunnelling, that’s their bad luck, or wanting to use DS to waste a few seconds. Same as those who bodyblock with BT when you’re actively trying to avoid the person who’s been unhooked.

    Someone doing that is a detriment to their team though, because they're spending all that time doing nothing to progress the game just for a 5 second stun.

  • Bro the game has been survivor sided from the start what are you even saying it's forgiving to survivors lmao. No entity blockers, can fast vault in directly in front of the window, infinites,etc.

  • @Myla said:

    Bro the game has been survivor sided from the start what are you even saying it's forgiving to survivors lmao. No entity blockers, can fast vault in directly in front of the window, infinites,etc.

    Bro read the post again I'm not saying the game is killer sided 😩

  • @Marigoria said:

    Killers will camp a survivor at 4 gens because they let one gen pop after chasing that survivor for 3 minutes and will say the camping was justified because of "genrush".

    Survivors can be, and a lot of times are toxic, but their toxicity at least doesn't stop you from playing the game. Killers have way more power in terms of being toxic than survivors do.

    Sure, teabagging and clicking their flashlight is annoying, but you can still chase them, hit them, hook them etc.

    You can't do much about tunneling and camping and end up with almost no points.

    This is incorrect and you've just basically admitted you have never played Killer at high MMR.

    If your first chase takes THREE MINUTES then you are now at 2 gens, not 4 gens.

    So someone having a 3 minute chase and only having 1 gen pop is just not even close to a realistic scenario against good survivors.

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2441008#Comment_2441008

    DS, flashlights and flashbangs are not 3 minutes. DS only works if you tunnel.

    Alright, SWF with full Head-on builds? I am pretty sure you can get close to minute or two... so much fun

  • For every post in this thread I will facecamp a Survivor. Their blood is on your hands. They have you to blame.

  • It's a negative feedback loop. The blame isnt on killer or survivor specifically, it's the game as a whole that brings out the worst in us

  • @PyramidFootLicker said:

    Like I'm not one to play devil's advocate or fence sit when it comes to discussions between two parties especially with survivor and killer side of the community however as much as i agree mostly with killer's frustrations with dealing with perks that are too forgiving to the survivor I really have to ask ... Can you really blame them?

    Like I seriously think that a good amount of killer mains see other killer mains with actual good points for the games balance and go into their games with the mentality that all survivors are out to get them or are toxic just because they got stunned with a pallet once or something. God the amount of times I've been camped on hook, like not as a last resort or because the killer saw all of us no... CAMPED from the start of the game, killer gets no bites so they go on a chase, then I get unhooked finally and they abandon chase to go back for me. Even with SWF there's not much you can do to avoid a deathhook, just struggle for as long as you can and hope the gens get done.

    I'm not against killers using the strongest add ons, perks, hell take NOED at least it'll get me to search the map and play the game. But being tunelled out of the match at the start, no items in hand no teabagging etc really blows. And 9/10 times those killers are super toxic about doing it too. One example is a killer tunnelling the whole game and only getting one kill and accusing players of gen rushing when the case was just a teammate being good and mind gaming them and them not knowing when to abandon a chase.

    Like I seriously try to advocate for killer mains I really do, playing killer is so stressful against a good team of survivors with meta perks, but with tunneling and camping still being as strong of a strat to get an early kill I can see why so many survivors run the same few perks over and over, especially in solo queue where it seems like a hard requirement to run kindred or borrowed time or DS etc etc. (Personally I have nothing against slugging)

    Also something to really take into account, playing either side is stressful against a good opponent. It seems like this game has a heavy problem of "it wasn't my fault" when losing, but if you look at really good killer mains, why don't they ever really say that? A huge thing a lot of streamers advocate for is rewatching games and trying to improve yourself but you never see anyone actually do it, I did it for a long time and you come to realize a lot of problems have easy or super simple solutions by just staying calm and playing good.

    Most meta perks aren't a hassle if you don't play heavy in what they counter, and almost every meta perk is a one time use, bar BT. If you hard tunnel and get hit by DS, what did you expect? Meta perks for survivors are all second chance perks, why wouldn't they be? A survivor is literally supposed to survive, of course their best perks will be ones that make that more likely. Killer meta perks are way stronger because they are an almost every situation/game use. Ruin Undying always does the same thing, slow their objective, same with pop etc, but if I as a killer play very hard and good but I don't go out of my way to hard tunnel, slug, and facecamp at every opportunity, they basically have 0 perks.

    You are right, killers can't really act mad that survivors are using meta perks if they act like the only way to play the game is to tunnel and facecamp.

    Slugging and tunneling are perfectly fine strategies to win, but it is just that, strategies and playstyles, not the only possible way to do it.

  • @PyramidFootLicker said:

    Like I'm not one to play devil's advocate or fence sit when it comes to discussions between two parties especially with survivor and killer side of the community however as much as i agree mostly with killer's frustrations with dealing with perks that are too forgiving to the survivor I really have to ask ... Can you really blame them?

    Like I seriously think that a good amount of killer mains see other killer mains with actual good points for the games balance and go into their games with the mentality that all survivors are out to get them or are toxic just because they got stunned with a pallet once or something. God the amount of times I've been camped on hook, like not as a last resort or because the killer saw all of us no... CAMPED from the start of the game, killer gets no bites so they go on a chase, then I get unhooked finally and they abandon chase to go back for me. Even with SWF there's not much you can do to avoid a deathhook, just struggle for as long as you can and hope the gens get done.

    I'm not against killers using the strongest add ons, perks, hell take NOED at least it'll get me to search the map and play the game. But being tunelled out of the match at the start, no items in hand no teabagging etc really blows. And 9/10 times those killers are super toxic about doing it too. One example is a killer tunnelling the whole game and only getting one kill and accusing players of gen rushing when the case was just a teammate being good and mind gaming them and them not knowing when to abandon a chase.

    Like I seriously try to advocate for killer mains I really do, playing killer is so stressful against a good team of survivors with meta perks, but with tunneling and camping still being as strong of a strat to get an early kill I can see why so many survivors run the same few perks over and over, especially in solo queue where it seems like a hard requirement to run kindred or borrowed time or DS etc etc. (Personally I have nothing against slugging)

    A few thoughts:

    • There is indeed a nasty little feedback loop here. When you first start the game as a killer, camping is quite intuitively the best way to secure kills because otherwise it's very easy to just get 4-outed game after game.
    • This is a fallacy known as 'false equivalency'. There is a difference between a killer using a cheesy but legitimate playstyle (proxy camping) and a survivor being BM.
    • There is a world of difference between 'tunneling' and 'facecamping'. Tunneling is simply removing a survivor from the game ASAP to slow things down to a more manageable level. Facecamping is something the game actively disincentivizes with a hefty BP penalty for doing it. The only time I'll facecamp is when I'm BMed.
    • Similarly, 'genrushing' is a perfectly legitimate playstyle. The issue comes with tuning - it should not be possible for a group of survivors to abuse BNP and PTS to pop multiple generators less than a minute into the game. That's ridiculous.
    • A lot of what gives killers a hard time is less perks and styles and more the maps themselves. More than half the maps are strongly 'survivor favored', and many contain pseudo-infinites that have not and likely will never be changed. In these situations, particularly where every survivor in the game heads to one of these immediately, there isn't much choice but to camp survivors out.
    • It's easy to say 'just abandon chase' - but often that's not feasible when every chase becomes non-viable due to these loops. You are basically saying 'just AFK'.
    • Solo survivors need better tools to communicate, either a robust set of gestures (as suggested by others) or native opt-out voicechat.
  • @Dino7281 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2441009#Comment_2441009

    Alright, SWF with full Head-on builds? I am pretty sure you can get close to minute or two... so much fun

    You get one of those in like 1000 matches.

  • @JPA said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2440979#Comment_2440979

    This is incorrect and you've just basically admitted you have never played Killer at high MMR.

    If your first chase takes THREE MINUTES then you are now at 2 gens, not 4 gens.

    So someone having a 3 minute chase and only having 1 gen pop is just not even close to a realistic scenario against good survivors.

    If you disagree with me you never played at high MMR

  • I am not saying it's often, but you play against it sometimes. It's not even good really, but it's just torture.

  • @PyramidFootLicker said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2443451#Comment_2443451

    Someone doing that is a detriment to their team though, because they're spending all that time doing nothing to progress the game just for a 5 second stun.

    You answered quickly.

  • I just hit leave game as soon as Survivors start their crap. if they want to win that badly, I'll let them. This game is Survivor-sided as hell and all the Killers are so badly nerfed that they're not even fun. Sweating for one kill is miserable.

  • This whole thread is composed of taking the game to personally.

    None of what's being complained about here is toxic.

    Flashlight clicking nope, stuns nope, camping nope, tunneling nope, hitting people on hook nope, BM'ing nope.

    You'll find that most times the person upsetting you is YOU. BM'ing can't hurt you unless you let it because it doesn't matter its a game. Getting camped at 5 gens doesn't matter because its a game. Getting upset about these things and attacking someone else over it that is what's toxic.

    You notice how everyone assumes the motivation for in game behaviour is always personally targeting.

    You have no information, or idea, of another player's motivation... so why assume and create an antagonizing personal scenario in your head that only serves to upset you.

    To make a few things clear...

    If you are a good looper in a strong position it makes sense to get the killer's attention. More so if they are easily distracted by it and make bad decisions as a result.

    It makes complete sense to kill 1 player quickly as a dead player is permanent free pressure for the rest of the game. Tunneling someone out early is probably the smartest play you can make if the opportunity arises.

    If you are getting outplayed securing a hook and camping it can be a great way to reset pressure by having teammates come to you rather than chasing them. You can often get a sense of this very early in the game making an early camp just as legit as an endgame camp.

    If you can save a survivor from a hook by stun or sabotage it makes complete sense to do it, no matter how many hooks the killer has.

    Perks exist to counter these things not because its toxic but because they are in game mechanics that can change the outcome of the game. If you are triggered by these mechanics then run the counter perks. I run lightborn a lot so flashlights and their clicking doesn't bother me at all. If camping concerns you, then play a little more cautiously at the start and run BT, deliverance, open handed, kindred, DS, dead hard.

    Whether or not mechanics are balanced, overpowered, useless or too forgiving for one side or the other is a discussion independent of toxicity.

    Yes I often find survivor perks a lil to forgiving especially when you have an experienced coordinated team but my opinion of the game is that survivor should be tense and scary while killer is oppressive and dominating. Often it feels the other way around which kind of goes against the theme and I'd probably play more survivor if it was more intense to play, but that intensity is often lacking unless you are going up against a very skilled killer.

  • @Marigoria said:

    Killers will camp a survivor at 4 gens because they let one gen pop after chasing that survivor for 3 minutes and will say the camping was justified because of "genrush".

    Survivors can be, and a lot of times are toxic, but their toxicity at least doesn't stop you from playing the game. Killers have way more power in terms of being toxic than survivors do.

    Sure, teabagging and clicking their flashlight is annoying, but you can still chase them, hit them, hook them etc.

    You can't do much about tunneling and camping and end up with almost no points.

    It's so funny when people say tbagging and clicking is fair game because you can still hit the survivors. Actually, you can't sometimes. Otherwise we wouldn't be having this conversation.

  • @MrDrMedicman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2440979#Comment_2440979

    I disagree on the killers having more power to be toxic, it's def a 50/50 with flash lights, flash bangs, flash mines. those hurt man, and stun just as well as any pallet

    But none of that stops you from progressing in-game and achieving your objective, if a survivor is being toxic with those - they are also screwing themselves over by wasting resources.

  • Do whatever you want as killer/thread.

  • Dude 1 gen popping for a 3 minute chase isn't bad. Even potato survivors can pop 1 gen in 3 minutes.

  • @SmarulKusia said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2440987#Comment_2440987

    But none of that stops you from progressing in-game and achieving your objective, if a survivor is being toxic with those - they are also screwing themselves over by wasting resources.

    This is especially true in solo queue as well!

  • In my defense I got spammed with so many emails of thread notifications and just tuned them out while I tended to IRL, then log back into the forums to see a bunch of notifs I haven't replied to.

  • @PyramidFootLicker said:

    Like I'm not one to play devil's advocate or fence sit when it comes to discussions between two parties especially with survivor and killer side of the community however as much as i agree mostly with killer's frustrations with dealing with perks that are too forgiving to the survivor I really have to ask ... Can you really blame them?

    Like I seriously think that a good amount of killer mains see other killer mains with actual good points for the games balance and go into their games with the mentality that all survivors are out to get them or are toxic just because they got stunned with a pallet once or something. God the amount of times I've been camped on hook, like not as a last resort or because the killer saw all of us no... CAMPED from the start of the game, killer gets no bites so they go on a chase, then I get unhooked finally and they abandon chase to go back for me. Even with SWF there's not much you can do to avoid a deathhook, just struggle for as long as you can and hope the gens get done.

    I'm not against killers using the strongest add ons, perks, hell take NOED at least it'll get me to search the map and play the game. But being tunelled out of the match at the start, no items in hand no teabagging etc really blows. And 9/10 times those killers are super toxic about doing it too. One example is a killer tunnelling the whole game and only getting one kill and accusing players of gen rushing when the case was just a teammate being good and mind gaming them and them not knowing when to abandon a chase.

    Like I seriously try to advocate for killer mains I really do, playing killer is so stressful against a good team of survivors with meta perks, but with tunneling and camping still being as strong of a strat to get an early kill I can see why so many survivors run the same few perks over and over, especially in solo queue where it seems like a hard requirement to run kindred or borrowed time or DS etc etc. (Personally I have nothing against slugging)

    I keep bringing up one aspect our community is overlooking when it comes to toxicity, but I never get responses or some sort of acknowledgment- and that is a lot of this behavior is from KIDS playing DBD. Dead by Daylight is a video game, and kids/teens play videogames. We all have this pre-conceived notion that every character we see on screen has an adult behind the controller/keyboard, when that’s not true. I actually think adults just may barely be the majority. There may be just as many kids playing as there are adults. We really need to take this into consideration. I’m on Xbox- whenever I see toxic behavior like ragequitting, and I notice it being a fellow Xbox player- I look at the profile. And what do I see a lot of the times? Red Flags the account belongs to a child or teen: uses full name displayed to the public (Huge Red Flag), No custom gamer pic, Currently now playing Fortnite, Roblox, or Minecraft (I know adults play these as well, but c’mon- you get the picture).

    Don’t get me wrong, adults do partake in toxic play, and there are kids who are sportsmanlike and have skill- but the average little 11 yr old Timmy who makes butt jokes with his friends, plays DBD and can be seen as the camping/tunneling killer type, who ragequits when he’s losing. PC is no exception. 16/17 year old are still immature and will use cheats/hacks as well as camp/tunnel.

    I wish there was a way to know DBD’s age demographic. Friday the 13th had a TON of little kids & teenagers, who pretty much ruined public matches with their cheating, team killing, mic screaming, and ragequitting. There were actual 6 year olds playing that game, and F13 is waaaay more graphic than DBD as we all know. So imagine what we would hear in our game now, if the mics were turned on…

  • @PyramidFootLicker said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2641597#Comment_2641597

    In my defense I got spammed with so many emails of thread notifications and just tuned them out while I tended to IRL, then log back into the forums to see a bunch of notifs I haven't replied to.

    Ahh makes sense

1 2 ›