Anyone Else Disappointed With The Lack of Content?

We got Pinhead (which is cool) and some minor tweaks to The Nemesis and that's all. We didn't get a new map/ new survivor/ survivor perks/ or map rework.

They could've at least made it clear that it was a paragraph and not a chapter in the teaser.

Comments

  • new survivor comes next midchapter.

  • @Superyoshiegg said:

    Definitely seems like a let down compared to Chapter 20.

    One Killer with three perks is quite a bit lesser then one Killer with three perks, two Survivors with six perks and a new map.

    They're not even advertising it as a Paragraph, like with Ghost Face and Leatherface. This is a full Chapter, apparently.

    I don't think anything can surpass the atrocity that was the RE chapter.

  • Not really, we got 2 survivors last chapter so thats fine and the ive hated almost every map they've added since I started playing over 2 years ago other then maybe sanctum of wrath.

  • @Superyoshiegg said:

    Definitely seems like a let down compared to Chapter 20.

    One Killer with three perks is quite a bit lesser then one Killer with three perks, two Survivors with six perks and a new map.

    They're not even advertising it as a Paragraph, like with Ghost Face and Leatherface. This is a full Chapter, apparently.

    Ghostface is advertised as a full chapter.

  • @kyogul said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2438063#Comment_2438063

    I just wish the new map was more balanced, because even for Nurse that map isn't pleasant, and survivors are pretty much in full control of it. But at the end of the day it's still new content and I took a bit of effort to learning the layout and whatnot.

    Aesthetically, it's one of the best maps on the game. In terms of how it plays it's not really that bad as people say but it's not necessarily the most pleasant (as killer, at least). I hope the variations make the map for tolerable, but it's not bad enough to be deleted imho.

    I'd rather go to RPD than the lab map, which thankfully is going to get removed :).

    I've got no problem with balance, it's perfectly reasonable to want each map to be as balanced as possible. I can only imagine that this is really difficult though, as there are SO many killers, and so many different playstyles, and so many different player preferences. It's got to be nearly impossible to truly satisfy a majority of people when designing a new map. I have every belief that they genuinely try.

    As for being happy that Hawkins is being removed I'll say what I keep saying which is that the removal of functional content is never something that should be celebrated, not only because there are others who like that content but also because doing so is sending a message to the developers that removing content is okay.

  • Less, but more functional content is a win for me. Personally, I'm satisfied.

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2438581#Comment_2438581

    That’s not true. Actually most of the survivor only players don’t really care for new survivors as they are only skins and most of the new perks are niche/trash either way. The survs already got their pool of Meta perks.

    and literally everyone has to agree that new killers are not important in terms of gameplay and content.. that’s just an objective fact

    You basically said new content is not important in this game

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2438631#Comment_2438631

    You basically said new content is not important in this game

    Yeah. That’s a typo. Easily recognizable by context but I will fix it.

  • "STOP ADDING MAPS TO THE GAME AND FIX THE ISSUES!!!"


    "WHY ISNT THERE A NEW MAP FOR THIS CHAPTER? #########!?"


    - this forum

  • @BattleCast said:

    We got Pinhead (which is cool) and some minor tweaks to The Nemesis and that's all. We didn't get a new map/ new survivor/ survivor perks/ or map rework.

    They could've at least made it clear that it was a paragraph and not a chapter in the teaser.

    It's probably better this way so we don't have the countless amount of bugs or problems like the last chapter. One thing at a time is fine with me.

  • @miketheratguy said:

    I'm fine with this content. Pinhead is pretty major as far as horror icons go, and it seems that over the last couple of months most people have been complaining that there was too MUCH content. People complained about the map, people complained about the perks, people complained about the appearance of the characters, people complained about the Nemesis being too OP, people complained about the Nemesis being weak, people complained about the zombies, people complained about the performance (this last one at least holds universal weight).

    Then there was the 5 year anniversary event. People complained about the familiarity of the event, people complained about the lack of survivor cakes, people complained about survivors playing too hard, people complained about the killers playing too hard, people complained about other players disconnecting, people complained about the lack of a disconnect penalty, people complained about the possibility of bringing the disconnect penalty back, people complained about the ranks being messed up, people complained about the need for a better ranking system, people complained that it was too hard to get crowns, people complained that the crowns didn't look different enough, people complained that the crowns couldn't be worn by licensed characters, people complained that the crowns were worthless, people complained that the crown event was an arbitrary predetermined lie, people complained that the bloodhunt event wasn't enough, people complained that the bloodhunt event was too exhausting, people complained that they were being urged to play the game too much, people complained that they needed a break but couldn't take one, people complained that cakes were being hoarded and not shared, people complained that the Saw sale immediately after the event was lame, people complained that the pig mask was stupid, people complained that they were getting the Game map too much. Then came the buildup to today's new content and people complained all month about that, on top of the regular daily complaints about everyone being cheap, unfair, overpowered, and needing nerfs.

    I think it's perfectly fine that they cool their jets with the new content a little and take this time to maybe look into other aspects of the game. Isn't that what most people wanted?

    Bruh that Pig mask DOES look stupid ngl

  • I'm not disappointed no. It still feels like we just got the ResE chapter, which came with a killer, 2 survivors and a map. Also The Cenobite is really fun and one of the most unique killers I've seen in this game in a long time, who also comes with a metric ton of new unique animations. I'd say all this combined makes up for the lack of survivor and map.

  • If by content you mean bug fixes, then yes. Yes I am.

  • Not at all. I really don't think I've been so happy with a Killer's release since Pyramid Head. This is the first chapter in a long time where I feel like the Killer's power isn't underwhelming. (Don't get me wrong, I think all of the Killers that have released this year are all great in their own way, and it's not like they're all extremely weak Killers or anything, but they've felt like they've all had rocky starts in one way or the other. Blight had both an oppressive perk and add-on, but was also pretty much made out of butter and slid off of everything while while his camera was really low. Twins had meh perks, and had what was possibly the buggiest release in DBD's history- while still continuing to be extremely clunky today. Trickster has interesting perks, but also had a buggy release with the pallet stun issues, and struggles to stand on his own versus the other two range killers, and tends to be really divisive. Nemesis had an interesting concept and perks, but I'm personally not into the zombies.)

    I think Pinhead is a really great mix of concepts and ideas that generally feels pretty polished, and I'd rather get chapters with less content that feels good on release then more content that feels either 'Okay' or worse on release.

1 2 ›