Is the Doctor ever fun to play against?

My poll to see the communities thoughts on what I consider by far the least fun aspect of the entire game. Worse than No One Escapes Death bad!

Comments

  • @Underwear_Model said:

    My poll to see the communities thoughts on what I consider by far the least fun aspect of the entire game. Worse than No One Escapes Death bad!

    calm spirit kills his main ability, and is super useful for a starting player anyway

  • Doctor is one of the balanced killers. He has some crowd control you can avoid and he is not a "hold W and run straight" killer, you need to see exactly what he does , sometimes you need to drop this pallets faster, sometimes just loop etc


    The most ######### example is trickster

  • I think Doctor is miserable to play against but I wouldn't call him low skill. The amount of players that don't know how to time shock or overuse it is kinda surprising.

  • I honestly hate polls like these. Where all the answers are essentially 'agree with me or you're dumb'.

  • I actually really like the hallucinations/skill check altering mechanics and constant chases.

    So even if I am just gen jocking against him I still have more gameplay then normal.

    Also he's also a killer people can't be immersed against so people do actually stop being immersed when they find out its the doctor. So I get teammates who will actually bloody help instead of crouching in a corner/bush all game.

    Ps. If you want people to agree with you on a poll make the options not actively insulting others.

  • The first few times i played against him i found him fun to play against.

    Not anymore, he can be annoying with certain perks and not fair when he prevents you from getting a distance.

    But to tell the truth, i would rather play against him than other hated killers.

  • I'm not going to vote because i don't agree with any of the answers.

    But i'm fine with playing against the doctor.

    I also really enjoy playing as the doctor.

  • @RoboMojo said:

    I honestly hate polls like these. Where all the answers are essentially 'agree with me or you're dumb'.

    The amount of options for each side are even. Obviously I don't like him, but the poll looks fair to me.

  • I don't particularly like going against Doctor, But he is definitely not low skill.

  • The fact that people chose the first option is hilarious, but unsurprising.

  • I kinda hate to play against Doctor as a solo survivor, but like to play as Doctor, so fun!

  • @Aurelle said:

    I don't particularly like going against Doctor, But he is definitely not low skill.

    You're right about that, more like intermediate to high skill. That's my biggest problem though, high skill players don't give you any room to breath, and unless you have sprint burst or get a map with a lot of stuff to break vision he will destroy you.

    I personally like maps with a fair amount of stuff to break aggression with, like having more than one building to work with is really helpful.

    I'm also a Legion main so maps with a lot of stuff on it is actually really fun.

  • Almost every single match against a Doctor I go into always ends up with me getting hooked three times. There's only been maybe one or two matches where I get out, but that's only because the person playing the Doctor is either new to the game, or new to the character.

    EDIT: I voted the way I did not based on killer skill, but just experiences playing against the character.

  • I main Doc (beside a few other killers) and he is really fun to play (can also be pretty frustrating sometimes if the survivors split up and or the map is big). He is also really addon dependant. Green range addon with iri queen is my favourite combination.

    As survivor I haven't encountered one since like 1 week. It's always the same 5 killers (Nurse, Spirit, Blight, Bubba and Nemesis) ๐Ÿ˜”

  • @IamVoiceOver said:

    Almost every single match against a Doctor I go into always ends up with me getting hooked three times. There's only been maybe one or two matches where I get out, but that's only because the person playing the Doctor is either new to the game, or new to the character.

    EDIT: I voted the way I did not based on killer skill, but just experiences playing against the character.

    It takes time to learn to counter him, but once you do, he's quite a balanced killer on most maps. Even pretty good Docs can be countered well.

  • He's not fun, but he's not easy either. Not even remotely.

  • Im not bothered by him, he's also pretty rare so its kinda nice to see a doctor when they DO finally appear. I kinda like the madness mechanics and his theme is a banger, plus hes got cool cosmetics. Im only really bothered by doctor PLAYERS since they tend to be a bit cranky and have a short fuse, which means lots of tunneling if you outplay them. Otherwise doctors aight.

  • He's annoying to go against when you don't know how to deal with him, but once you understand his limitations, you start to realize that he's a solid mid-tier Killer. Seriously, play him for a few hours (if you can access him, of course), and you'll start to see where his weaknesses lie (this goes for EVERY killer).

  • @TacitusKilgore said:

    Im not bothered by him, he's also pretty rare so its kinda nice to see a doctor when they DO finally appear. I kinda like the madness mechanics and his theme is a banger, plus hes got cool cosmetics. Im only really bothered by doctor PLAYERS since they tend to be a bit cranky and have a short fuse, which means lots of tunneling if you outplay them. Otherwise doctors aight.

    Behaviour's own data they released on their 5th Anniversary showed he was the 3rd most played killer in the game.

  • As far as "anti-loop" killers go Doctor is one of the least frustrating. The only thing I dislike about him is the visual clutter when he shocks you, otherwise I don't mind playing against him at all.

  • @Underwear_Model said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2470353#Comment_2470353

    Behaviour's own data they released on their 5th Anniversary showed he was the 3rd most played killer in the game.

    Of all time. They specified the statistics were of all time, i basically never see doctors nowadays.

  • Least favorite killer to face is easily Doctor, followed by Hag, then Spirit/Trickster. All others are fine for me.