In protest against Netflix not renewing we all should change our icons and only play

Demo and Nancy or Steve fill the game with our only way to show our love of the chars. Im a netflix sub as well as a owner or the dlc but i honestly cant support this change I know we wont be loosing anything but this however introduces a bad precident and i dont want other properties removing their licenses either so I suggest we all only play as these characters going forward and show netflix we loved this partnership. We arent just a bunch of "Mouthbreathers"

Comments

  • I mentioned it earlier, but I'm buying all of Steve's Very Rare outfits and Ugly Sweater when they go on sale and will become a Steve main. Not becoming one now though, I still have to play Bill while leveling up Steve, but when Steve is P3 with every perk I want I'll officially become a Steve main.

  • I'm doing this anyway but this won't help, whichever company was at fault won't reconsider because we play a character more. Get your adepts now while they're meaningful.

  • First off this changes nothing again blaming Netflix here isn't smart we don't know exactly what happened and it doesn't help speculation is happening be happy Netflix even allowed Behavior to keep Demo, Nancy and Steve content in the game be thankful for that.

  • I don’t think it will mean anything. You’re welcome to do it, of course, but I doubt Netflix would notice.

  • @GuyFawx said:

    Demo and Nancy or Steve fill the game with our only way to show our love of the chars. Im a netflix sub as well as a owner or the dlc but i honestly cant support this change I know we wont be loosing anything but this however introduces a bad precident and i dont want other properties removing their licenses either so I suggest we all only play as these characters going forward and show netflix we loved this partnership. We arent just a bunch of "Mouthbreathers"

    Doing that won't help, DEMO and Nancy and Steve stay if you have them. Map will be forced gone by Nov

  • We don't really know if it's netflix's fault. I like stranger things in dbd, that's why i bought it, there's not much else i can do.

  • I highly doubt this will do anything except give Netflix more money.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    I highly doubt this will do anything except give Netflix more money.

    Popularity speaks volumes sure they get more money and if they see more profit they will attempt to renegotiate

  • I was actually planning to play Demogorgon, and only Demo (for killer), for the next 3 months until November 17. It won't do anything, just doing it as a tribute to our beloved Demodog.

    I also changed my pfp to Demo to pay respects.

  • Maybe netflix realise their image was getting tainted because of the game and they wanted out we dont know anything they did not give a reason

  • They are making new project on their own probably and they don't want competition and that's fine because companies are all about money not players bhvr is also including all those popular chapters to gain money from it and they are taking risks with licenses because it's not their content

  • @justbecause said:

    They are making new project on their own probably and they don't want competition and that's fine because companies are all about money not players bhvr is also including all those popular chapters to gain money from it and they are taking risks with licenses because it's not their content

    i know about their gaming platform still seems like a bad call to cancel all other licenses tho

  • @GuyFawx said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2434794#Comment_2434794

    i know about their gaming platform still seems like a bad call to cancel all other licenses tho

    Well businesses can come up with some pretty dumb ideas.

  • Nah - I’m actually happy that Hawkins is gone

  • This is going to achieve nothing.

  • @GuyFawx said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2434794#Comment_2434794

    i know about their gaming platform still seems like a bad call to cancel all other licenses tho

    Eh idk seems reasonable to me because why would they give other companies their fame and money while they can have it all

  • @GuyFawx said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2434773#Comment_2434773

    Popularity speaks volumes sure they get more money and if they see more profit they will attempt to renegotiate

    Unless the reason for the termination isn't because of lack of popularity but because of Netflix wanting to make a ST horror game, not wanting to work with BHVR anymore, or charging a much higher fee than before.