Survivors with ds and boil over are just making it harder for themselves during this event
Because you are getting 1 hooked and camped
Because you are getting 1 hooked and camped
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
The biggest punishment is slugging them while others farm flowers.
They always get INSANELY salty if you do that
No I won't slug, entire team shouldn't suffer for mistakes of one individual
What nub killers lol
Nono, you only slugg the individual while allowing the others to farm the flowers.
This way, the indiivual will get nothing :chuffed:
Use Rancor, chase them or slug all game, then spam moris on them and kill, salt mine.
I one-hooked 90% of survivors for my bbq stack and din't go after the same person more then once,` let them all get their nectar and escape today, I don't care if they struggle or not, but if I see boil over, ds, flashlight blinds and body blocking I get triggered.
I can't say i'm surprised that people are running this given the jerk killers I run into at all rank that camp at 1st hook and i mean camp.
I'm confused, do some killers allow a survivor to freely escape if they don't do certain things? I'm new to this and basically run the self-heal, seeing injured allies anywhere on the map, light footsteps and the ability to revive yourself from the downed state. I still have killers chasing me exclusively the entire time, until I am killed. I feel like I need to learn what everyone uses and go with that like DS.
That's why I let survivors escape, after being camped 60% of the games while getting my survivor vials I know the feeling
No. But purposely preventing an opposite side from getting their event objective will piss people off
I dunno last couple of Killer games I've played I've gone full tryhard at the start. Tunneling matters little to me, I see, I chase, I hook. BUT after I get my vial I let the survivors (if any remain) go. If THEY didn't bring enough offerings for me to get a full vial, then I am going to make it hell for them to get one.
I haven't played as much, nearly every match for me is the killer exclusively chasing me down repeatedly and I can't get away. If I am unhooked, I am insta-downed and back on the same hook anyway. Wiggle feels pointless since there are so many hooks. And then the killer lag is insane. Nightmare I never know where the lullaby is coming from, does he see me or am I safe in this spot? The Pig's gimmick isn't fun, running around to as much as four puppets to try and break free. Doctor's spam the electric floor through walls and other barriers so where do you go? The forums really paint a different picture that the game favors survivors, maybe it does and I just need to learn the perks and how to be a terrible survivor for killers.
Hey, bodyblocking may happen to get their WGLF stacks due to how hard it is otherwise
But man... those people who bring DS, Boil Over, and Ruin during this event... they must be something else.
Care to share a list of those killer perks you don´t like?
D/S isn't even a problem. Not sure why people even complain about it anymore. Been playing at rank 1 again and I see that perk like once every 10 matches? I think people overplay it way too much. Granted it's an extremely over powered perk. But it seems like most survivors prefer not to use it. Which I am surprised at. Because in my time playing survivor... DBD is at a terrible place. It's like 1 every 10 games where you don't face a camper. I dunno. Wish the good killers would come back into the game. It seems like all the bad camping ones stayed instead.
Survivor is definitely easier once you get more used to playing. There are a lot of killers that will tunnel, i.e. focus on you and you only. Especially if they know you're easy to down and kill, getting rid of a survivor or few early, with few gens done, makes their games easier. There are quite a few streamers and youtube videos you can watch to help you learn how to survive better, or play killer/watch killer play. I advise playing both survivor and killer so you understand where the other side is coming from. Personally I don't camp or tunnel simply because I don't want to.
One of the main reasons it's harder for killer is because they're more pressured by time at the start of the match. Survivors can finish gens very quickly, and very efficiently if they're playing SWF (Survive With Friends), and if they don't camp it takes 3 hooks for each survivor. That means they have to chase and down each survivor 12 times in total, add in DS, pallets, looping, flashlight saves. These all waste killers time and add more pressure to their gameplay. And as you can imagine can become very frustrating if you've downed a survivor, they use DS, you down them again, they get saved by flashlight, you down them again and finally manage to hook them for the first time but 3 gens have been finished. Aside from feeling pressure from time they also have map size to contend with, and putting pressure across it to stop the gens from being completed. If they manage to put enough pressure on and hook enough survivors before gens are down the match can easily turn in their favour and survivors are playing catch up.
The Pig's trap may be annoying but she relies on RNG, there's a good chance you get the trap off on the first box you visit and she only has so many of them. The trap going off doesn't happen as often as you'd imagine, you usually have just enough time to check all the boxes (if you're not found again) and a gen has to be finished after the trap goes on your head to even start the countdown. The only way to avoid the Doctor's static electricity is to not be in his terror radius or get in a locker, otherwise you madness will increase.
I'm a rank 15 killer, I'd say about 90% of my matches today have had DS in it. Everyone's experiences are different, that could be a different percentage for me another day but it's about normal tbh.
just had a game where people called me noob and wanted "fair play". The game before I was playing nice as killer just to be hit with baby killer after they DS, body block, hook swarm, flashlight, t bag etc etc
Next game i pick my favorite killer the hag with my glorious unstable 15 fps (classic hag gameplay) wit ebony morning. First mori, every other swf with them kill themselves in the first hook tomake me earn as less points as possible.
One is alive and his friend kept spamming "noob" and "fair play" and laugh at me when his friend survived with the hatch.
Now, is that a thing? I never heard of fair play especially after being bullied the whole time I played this game. I don't piss off other ppl as survivor for a reason but its this a thing even on pc? Im just curious
During event I try to be nicer as for bbq even but in this they really want to piss me off
I already have my 30 survival vials.
Didn't admit anything Dud.
Uh, Ruin is required against anyone trying, but DS isn't required to survive.
In this thread: DS users are complaining that Killers are toxic, and Killers are saying they're toxic to DS users.
Maybe don't use DS and they won't be so toxic
I never use DS and I never get camped except if I'm against a new player killer at the low ranks, cus they don't know how to play the game.
I have a ton of fun playing killer because I don't care about killing people off. Being Killer is like being a game master in Dungeons & Dragons, or like a dominatrix. You're there to provide tension and entertainment. It's not a competition. You're not proving anything to anyone except yourself.
Killers don't "win" if they get 4 Kills, and a survivor dying on hook gives you the same amount of Bloodpoints as one melee hit. As Killer you should focus either on Emblems or Bloodpoints if you need feedback on how well you are doing. Kills are meaningless.
But obviously most people don't think like that (except the devs like McLean).
@Nicholas
You do realize that the killer HAS to kill, yes? No made up rules of engagement.
NOED = cleanse the totem
MYC = make a choice. You or the other guy.
Enduring = is more of an inconvenience that a problem.
I rediscovered stealth for me. I play UE David with IW. Most of the time I can lose the killer.
Yeah killer side was way more aids then the survivor side event. I played the same way though 2 hooks for everyone, everyone escapes unless they were a douche for no reason then they died or got a good ol' camp. Also it took incredibly longer to finish the killer vials mainly because the survivors i was going against literally would not bring offerings and you need at least 4 offerings to get 6 hooks = 1 vial..
Camping someone for using ds is really sad honestly. Most of the survivors have finished the event so they just want normal games.
i do not follow my fellow survivors? i started collecting nectar yesterday and i am already at 17/30 sure i get camped like anyone else but very rarely before i manage to get at least first safety point of the vial....
And don't forget 4 man SWF who disconnect before you hook them on an event hook so you can't fill the vial, then sit in the postgame chat until it's over and go "gg ez"
^ This actually happened more than once. Bonus: Next game (after sitting in lobby again forever) I got them again, popped an Ebony Mori and went to town. The one who went "gg ez" tried to crash my game with the old flashlight exploit that is now fixed so that was a report and hopefully a ban too.
No perk is a requirement. It’s just a meta. I’ve survived perfectly fine without running Self Care and Decisive Strike although they make your objective easier as a survivor. You’ll be fine without your precious BBQ and Ruin. If you HAVE to rely on them and can’t win without them then don’t complain about survivors running DS, simple as that.
Is Boil Over really that big a deal? Is this a console thing?
BBQ, Nah, Ruin, must have Rank 5 to Rank 1. Most Survivors at that rank aren’t giving a ######### about the flowers and are back to the same old same old.
Plus, even before then, I didn’t see any Survivors “taking it easy” on me and not packing the meta perks with insta-heals, best flashlight in the game, BNP’s on Purple toolboxes.
Cause you know, it’s perfectly possible to get 12 hooks without camping and tunneling in less than 5 minutes.
If the killer isnt taking part in the event, if they normal hook me, if they don't let me harvest, I will DS their asses because they are asses.
Kinda wish I had more leeway to tell, but luckily DS can be saved.
Why is everyone talking about ds being bad or being a noob perk, it's in a game, it's fine. I'm talking about using it during the event. Which would be equivalent to killers camping the cankers, slugging all 4 survivor or camping to prevent them getting the nectar. Stay on topic guys. If you wanna discuss which killer/survivor perks shouldn't be in the game make a separate thread.
I have never ran DS in the game in a few hundred hours of play, in the event I'd get a little chase from the killer but I would go down quick, I did have a hag dribble me twice as I never struggle when events are on and they obviously for some reason thought I had DS even though they werent runnning obsession perks.
I had a lot of killers who nodded to me on the hook afterwards, the thing that happened is I was rarely tunnelled maybe twice over getting my 30 vials and only camped once but I did die quite a lot, I never struggled even on death hook, I just let them get the hooks they needed, its nice to be nice when an event is on.