Hallowed Blight Survey
At this rate, they don't even need to create one, forum's been swarmed by opinions.
It almost makes it seem as if DS isn't an issue anymore. ![]()
Anyway, what would you rate, from 1 to 10?
At this rate, they don't even need to create one, forum's been swarmed by opinions.
It almost makes it seem as if DS isn't an issue anymore. ![]()
Anyway, what would you rate, from 1 to 10?
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Cosmetics 8/10, would be perfect if there were more survivor options, wraith and doc look amazing.
Mechanics 5/10, I like the idea of a new objective, but with the bleed timer change and pallet changes was over the top imo, had to get used to pairing up with a team mate to harvest then do objectives.
Lore 3/10, its trickling in but I am checking the new daily logs.
Community Reaction 1/10, players are complaining about killer lobby times and grinding vials. I hate how the games are either farmers or campers or being destroyed by billy. I think most of this stems from a huge balance update on top of a unique mechanic introduced into the game, it was bound to make a salt mine.
4/10
5/10
Good idea, however its bad due to the fact that after 30 vials survivors cannot harvest anymore and rely on others. so if all of u had 30 vials u wont be getting bonus blood point
its a huge bug that needs to be fixed asap
so unfair
Cosmetics 8/10
Idea 6/10
Execution 3/10
Surv ones suck big time.
Well hot damn, nice post.
8/10
once again ill agree that the que times created for killers has been the biggest setbacks to killer in general for getting vials .
Killer should need 3 hooks to get a vial much like survivor needs 3 plants , this would make it a bit more even in the speed at which one could get them and thus maybe lessen the ques . that or make the survivors take more then 2.5 plants to fill a vial and thus lengthen the time it takes there .
either way the only downside to the mechanic ive seen is the fact they are pushing way to many into killer roll and thus making it hard as hell to get vials , combined with the fact that less and less survivors are using offering it takes more then one match or sometimes two to get a single full vial .
I think it sucks that, once you got your Survivor vials, you can't get BP out of the Offerings yourself.
And if everyone in your lobby has 30 vials, you can't get anything out of the Offerings at all.
I haven't been having issues with it . I use them and still get 12-20k bonus every match and it give me the opportunity to run we are gonna live forever for the extra bonus for unhooking . since usualy any survivor that needs the pants are looking for them instead of unhooking …
ive been averaging 60-80k final total as survivor and this is with doing very little other then unhooking and healing others , maybe a gen or two at best .
Lol it won't happen xD
They can do much better. At least the skins are pretty awesome.
I'd give like a 5/10. I think they tried to add an event that was fun. But it just wasn't executed great. Too many farm games. Queue times for killer is insane. People that didn't take Ruin out of their build made the game so slow that it was impossible to have fun in. Cosmetics are kinda bad. I know people are super hyped for the cosmetics. But I think I've just played too many other games where they'd be rated really low in terms of 'skin.' Though Doc and Wraith are pretty cool. I think they should've done something really cool with the weapons at least. But I'm not lowering the rating cause of the skins or anything. It was fun to have something else to occupy your time.
I don't like that the event offerings are in the bloodweb. I think it would be a lot better event if just every game of DBD that started up had the event offering for everyone. Just a lot of wasted points into survivors.
6/10 (3 points out of six for wraith outfit, trapper body and huntress mask). Due to being able to get only 60 vials and 6 cosmetic pieces. I have about 50 offerings left over.
2/10
Obvious flaws to it made it through brainstorming/testing to live servers. Cool-ish concept if it's standalone, but if this was somehow an experiment at alternate objectives for survivors...
4/10 mostly because devs have been sluggish to react to the killer queue times. Also the limit on survivors extra bp was obviously going to piss people off the serum cap is fine but making the extra bp inaccessible kills lobby time bad. Also don't get all of the community playing killer for a lengthy time 4 survivors one killer you cant get around that problem..By default killer and survivor should be able earn serums.either way or make it so killer only needs to earn 10 or 15 serums to cap.
Everyone seems to rate the Wraith cosmetic but I think he looks like a reindeer / Christmas decoration. Need to hang some baubles on those horns...
I think the Doctor and Huntress are best. Survivors not so good - especially 'E.T' Claudette with the glowing stomach.
The event is OK. I think it shows the game is more balanced than people think as the side objective has skewed it completely.
Extra bloodpoints are always welcome.
4/10
'cause today I feel generous.
If they had literally JUST hotfixed the survivor cap 90% of these forum complaints would've been fixed. An event that was very easily salvageable if they had just acted quickly. That said, they have not so 5/10. I can't even play killer practically because of these que's stemming from the event problems.
If they fix the event problem in a hotfix or had fixed it, 9/10. Only complaint is why we even have offerings in the bloodweb that are required for the event bloodpoints. Why can't we all just enjoy the events mechanics without being forced to spend bloodpoints in the web. I spend at least the same if not more bloodpoints on the survivor web to get the offerings than I actually get out of them. I don't want to be forced to level up the survivors to enjoy the bloodpoint portion of the event.
Really? – I have found this event pays handsomely.
Yeah, filling out an entire P3 level 50 web to get those offerings will cost me almost the same as what I actually get from using them. It's awful
I still find that strange. I can usually find between 1 and 3 offerings in a level 50 web. On balance I find that pays..I guess it depends on how many other people harvest.
Well being lenient I'd say even best case scenario we'll say you get 3 offerings in your web AND don't get bullied out of harvests. In that ideal scenario I'd say those are getting you a bonus of 70k bloodpoints. I'd spend almost that much filling out the entire web. That's not even counting if I get unlucky and don't get 3 in there or don't get to harvest much in a match because of other survivors.
3/10
Very poor design. So many players saw the flaw in this to begin with. Killer lobbies were doomed due to survivors flipping to killer after 30 and the fact that killers kept gaining rank while survivors were losing rank. They don't care about gens and objectives. They only care about those sweet BP's and vials.
Concept was good, execution was very juvenile. I can't believe these guys get paid for this job and could not see a flaw that everyone else could see.
PS: For those saying it is just a lobby bug - that would mean wait times are predictable. My wait times have been: 33 minutes, 47 minutes, 16 minutes, and 37 minutes before first survivor shows up. It is a line, nothing more.
No Hag cosmetic, so 0/10 :P
I would rate it a 5/10.
Pros:
1. The cosmetics are badass.
2. I love the idea of additional objectives for Survivors.
3. The devs are actually looking at some of the cons for this event and trying to fix them.
Cons:
1. Vials being capped at 30 for each side (this extends Killer queues because people have already gotten their 30 from Survivor, meaning that there is a lack of Survivors for the Killer to go up against).
2. Only being able to obtain one vial per game (You can't gain any nectar after you fill up your vial).
3. Total vials being capped at 60 and you can only get six outfit pieces (Only the people who grind their asses off should be able to unlock all of the outfits before the event ends, most average players should be able to get somewhere between 3 and 5 outfits).
8/10 because while I don't blame them for the oversight that caused the current lobby issues, it did kinda ruin the event.
If someone had an oversight would it not be their fault?
Why don't you blame them? This should've and could've easily been pointed out by someone at BHVR before the event started. All they seemed to be thinking about was the $50-70 they would get from people purchasing the outfits after the event ended (depending on what they bought with vials).
Depends on the oversight.
The Nurse not being able to blink on certain tiles? That's not acceptable.
Failing to take into consideration what would happen when one side finished their event? Easy to overlook if you're also busy creating new interactions, spawn points, etc., for an event.
Because to err is human (and to forgive is divine), and because people like you immediately assume malicious intent for every little mistake.
The oversight if they correct can be forgiven. This was new previously killers still got rewarded for event hooks as did survivors with event generators. Capping the ability to harvest nectar after 30 was a mistake. The cosmetics are good, the fact that they gave you the chance to get 2 complete sets was also good considering it was going to be one. The lobbies and in game stuff looks cool. @Orion is right 8/10.
9/10 for cosmetics
The cosmetics are beautiful. The fact that you can buy them afterward is why I took a point off. I wish they were event items. I am fine with the fact you can only get 2 for free and have to pay for the rest, but if you can get them afterwards, that sucks.
8/10 for mechanics
The mechanics balance the game more. The fact that there is an optional objective that takes as long as a generator balances a few things. It is rough around the edges for killers, but otherwise I like it.
Overall? 8.5/10
I am quite enjoying myself with the event and it's new skins.
Seems like a pretty obvious issue that would arise, I'd put it under the same category as nurse unable to blink on certain tiles. I wouldn't exactly call this an unusual outcome. The event played out exactly as planned, the plan just wasn't designed well.
Some of you are being crazy.
The event is a 8/10 at least.
Hindsight is 20/20. Like I said, it's easy to overlook this "obvious" issue if you're also busy creating a bunch of stuff for the event.
A good 6 out of 10 I enjoy the artwork and the theme also the extra objective for the Survivors. However, it leaves much to be desired for the perspective of a killer because certain skins just don't click with me you know?