Hide Killer Perks until end game
Hide killers' perks and add-ons in end game tally screen until killer leaves the entire match. The minute one players dies our leaves a match all that information is passed to everyone in the match, but we all know that. I'm repeating something that's been asked before. And it's not a great advantage for killers.
Comments
I'd say just hide the killer's perks and add-ons until the last survivor escapes or is killed. It just needs to be hidden to eliminate ghosting for survivors still in the trial.
This isn't so much a big change, but it's nice to have... It's just the same as new players receiving tips about who the killer will be or not. This is such an easy fix than something like camping. It's just something they can switch off and it not ruin the whole game. It's just an extra thing, not a big change. It's just a switch off and then they can all go on with their priorities after.
Yes its a SWF nerf but I don't really think the dev's knew it will have such a big impact on the game as it does now. I really hope they will hide the killer perks until last survivor dies/escapes. Gives the killer a fair chance.
You are just wrong. It makes it way less easy for survivors to play around the killer if they know what perks the killer is using. I been playing survivor and killer and I know exactly what I am talking about. And that after over 700h playing both surv and killer.
The people saying this wouldn't help are all people who do this. Kinda easy to spot them out.
I don't think it is going to happen.
Not all survivors are swf. Those that play solo would like to know what they played against.
It will also never fly because streamers play a huge part in the game and they want to know what they played against by end game and arent going to sit around watching other players just to see.
So, make the hiding only apply for SWF teams, and applies only until every member of the team is dead. Problem solved. If they're streamers playing SWF, either they're watching their team after they're out, or if they die early and want to leave the match, they can have the people they're playing with tell them afterwards.
Or they like cheating by having their SWF team let them know the killer's perks.
Secondary, less good option: Seeing the killer's perks deprives you of the ability to spectate the match, which is another way SWFers can mildly cheat,.
And there are plenty of perks that routinely surprise even high rank survivors. Like blood warden, which I've only seen survivors play against when they know the killer is running it, because it's too much fun for many people to teabag at a gate when the killer death-hooks somebody and can't possibly get anyone else. Or a well placed Devour Hope totem. One person in the team dies but it hasn't popped yet to the Exposed level, they can warn everybody.
You proly one of those guys that is playing SWF and use the end game screen to give that info to your team mates. Otherwise I can't how you don't see any benefit from this.
this would actually be useful. they could implement it for swf such that when the last person from the group leaves the game, all the people in the group will see the killer's perks. that would solve the entire issue.
I'm for this. It isn't fair to killers that survivors can ghost them like that. If doing it only for SWF is too complicated, we could always just do it for everyone. So that if someone wants to see the perks, they'll have to wait until everyone is out.
Yes. We definitely should keep this discussion on the top, until this is fixed.
Removed the ability for Survivors to view the Killers perks, add-ons and offerings in the tally screen during an on-going match. Killer information will be revealed once all Survivors have exited the match.
Guess its in the PTB. Looking forward to see it in live games.
Thank you dev's.
It's already confirmed.
It should only be for SWF groups. I'd like to know the perks as soon as I'm dead, rather than have to wait an indetermined amount of time.
This has been done, but I agree it should only be for SWF, b/c frankly I'm not interested in sitting around waiting to see their loadout and thus increasing the chances of ending up in their room again only to be tunneled and camped again by the same killer.
No, it should affect everyone. We don't know how easy it is to implement otherwise and it only really affects those who just feel like whining about any change. If you don't want to be in the lobby of a certain killer again, just block them. You were probably gonna wait around to flame them, anyway. Doesn't change anything.
It should be easy to implement. The only reason they say they didn't is because they don't currently keep track of who lobbies in a SWF or not, but they should be doing that anyway, for many reasons. And it negatively impacts plenty of people, not just 'whiners'... new players, especially, who often learn a lot from checking the killer's perks after they get killed early ("Oh, so THAT'S how they found me.")
You've never really advanced any good reason why it should affect everyone, just "it might be hard to do" which isn't really good enough.
Btw the only way to "block" a killer is by using an outside app that IIRC, the devs don't approve of at all.
It should affect everyone because you can just add the SWF and tell them the Killer's perks.
As a solo player, I don't mind loosing my ability to see the perks until everyone is out if that means SWF can't abuse knowing perks that haven't activated yet. If newbies wanna know the perks, they should be staying until the end, anyway. Watching other people play and seeing what works and doesn't work is part of learning the game.
Blocking them on steam seems to work fine for me.
I'm on console, How do I block a killer? I'm not aware of this option. I do know that once you reach rank 2 on PS4 killer lobbies are terrible, every other one either steamrolls 3 person teams or DCs, I've gone from one pip away from rank 1 back to beginning rank 2 and back almost daily because of these issues. If the killer DCs it shouldn't affect the survivors pips.
I think most of you on here are on PC, it's not near as easy to add people to groups on console. That's one thing that could definitely be improved.
There's articles on how to do it online. I'd assume it'd be the same as PC, but I don't have a PS4, so I wouldn't know. I don't believe it affects the survivors pips on PC when killer DCs, but I dunno about PS4.