This is why bloodlust tier 3 should be removed

Comments

  • You actually think I will click on that?

  • @ShinobuSK said:

    You actually think I will click on that?

    We need someone to do a summary for us.

  • so you spent 1 minute trying to use bloodlust where you didn't have to, just to chatch last survivor while everyone else was basically dead?

    i don't see the point, anyone spending 1 minute to get bl3 in a situation where it would be relevant instantly loses the game

  • It’s a video of someone playing Wraith. They have one survivor dead, one on hook in second state, one slugged, and one injured near a pallet. They run back and forth on the pallet side until they reach blood lust 3, and then down the survivor. There’s some stuff after that (camping, Deliverance, hatch etc.) but based on the subject of the thread it’s not that’s relevant.

  • It has to be removed because you wasted time building BL3 at an incredibly unsafe pallet, when you could've forced a pallet drop and easily got a hit far earlier?

    Wow. You're brilliant. What an amazing example of why BL3 should be removed. Is this live footage of a survivor main playing at rank 20 to prove a point? Lol

  • If you get BL3 i hope the survivor are not on gen because that is a game losing chase

  • @ShinobuSK said:

    You actually think I will click on that?

    I don't care, this is video evidence showing how busted and annoying bloodlust is.

  • Think I broke my thumb with that Thumbs Down.

    1) As mentioned before, the game was already over, so BL doesn't matter.

    2) You ran the tile wrong and can get hits on that tile pretty easily.

    3) As that person was on their first hook and it took you soooooooooooo long to get a hit, you should have just let the slugged person bleed out before hooking her to pre-emptively counter Deliverance.

    4) Of course, a little touch of BM was added after a rather uninspiring performance.

    It's a very strange tile to talk about bloodlust on and very sloppy play despite winning - had Nea waited before using Deliverance, she most likely would have gotten hatch.

  • I can't remember last time i was in bl 3

    BL outside of the first tier becomes largely irrelevant after you reach green ranks. Even the first tier is debatable

  • @xenotimebong said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2414576#Comment_2414576

    It’s a video of someone playing Wraith. They have one survivor dead, one on hook in second state, one slugged, and one injured near a pallet. They run back and forth on the pallet side until they reach blood lust 3, and then down the survivor. There’s some stuff after that (camping, Deliverance, hatch etc.) but based on the subject of the thread it’s not that’s relevant.

    Thank you for the detailled summary.

  • @PleassBuiltInNoed said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/271655/this-is-why-bloodlust-tier-3-should-be-removed

    so you spent 1 minute trying to use bloodlust where you didn't have to, just to chatch last survivor while everyone else was basically dead?

    i don't see the point, anyone spending 1 minute to get bl3 in a situation where it would be relevant instantly loses the game

    Because 1. I can spend that minute ensuring to get a down. 2. Better safe than sorry, because why would I bother baiting and risking getting a stun that would let Nea get to the next tile? 3. Nea had deliverance, so gaining bloodlust 3 allowed for hooked and slugged survivor die in time, thus ensuring no DS/Undbreakable+Soul guard hatch escape for Nea.

  • @konochivu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2414593#Comment_2414593

    Because 1. I can spend that minute ensuring to get a down. 2. Better safe than sorry,because why would I bother baiting and risking to get a stun that letting Nea run to a next tile?

    the loop is completely unsafe, its not 'better safe than sorry' its lack of skill from your side

    and ensuring down when everyone else is dead gives no real value to bloodlust

  • @Alphasoul05 said:

    It has to be removed because you wasted time building BL3 at an incredibly unsafe pallet, when you could've forced a pallet drop and easily got a hit far earlier?

    Wow. You're brilliant. What an amazing example of why BL3 should be removed. Is this live footage of a survivor main playing at rank 20 to prove a point? Lol

    *Biassed killer main who insult anyone with a different opinion that is different from theirs*

    Snapshot_301.png


    footage was recorded in purple/red ranks btw, so until you show me video footage of you perfectly running that loop as M1 killer without bloodlusting and playing against rank 1 survivor you won't convince me otherwise.

  • @konochivu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2414632#Comment_2414632

    *Biassed killer main who insult anyone with a different opinion that is different from theirs*

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/HZMZ7X7WF51H/snapshot-301.png

    footage was recorded in purple/red ranks btw, so until you show me video footage of you perfectly running that loop as M1 killer without bloodlusting and playing against rank 1 survivor you won't convince me otherwise.

    No one needs to convince you otherwise - They can form their own opinions.

    You're the one that posted the video - Don't be surprised that people pick it apart given your topic and gameplay.

  • @PleassBuiltInNoed said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2414720#Comment_2414720

    the loop is completely unsafe, its not 'better safe then sorry' its lack of skill from your side

    and ensuring down when everyone else is dead gives no real value to bloodlust

    You see, the main difference on that loop was depending on whenever pallet is dropped or not. If I A. screwed up and got stunned, Nea would've picked up slugged person and even possibly get an unhook and then used key for 3 man hatch escape or B. using a dead hard and getting on the next tile. So in your POV, I shouldn't ensure that person on the hook dies and Nea stays in bad loop until I catch up to her thanks to bloodlust tier 3 (just in case if slugged person would've crawled to Nea and etc). Also, I love how everyone skips the point of this thread. Only thanks to bloodlust tier 3 I managed to get her safely, Nea played perfectly her part but still got killed because I was rewarded for bad play which is why in my opinion tier 3 should be removed.

  • @Raccoon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2414754#Comment_2414754

    No one needs to convince you otherwise - They can form their own opinions.

    You're the one that posted the video - Don't be surprised that people pick it apart given your topic and gameplay.

    There's a difference between forming own opinion and neglecting someone's opinion because they're biased and playing only as a killer/survivor.

  • @konochivu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2414723#Comment_2414723

    You see, the main difference on that loop was depending on whenever pallet is dropped or not. If I A. screwed up and got stunned, Nea would've picked up slugged person and even possibly get an unhook and then used key for 3 man hatch escape or B. using a dead hard and getting on the next tile. So in your POV, I shouldn't ensure that person on the hook dies and Nea stays in bad loop until I catch up to her thanks to bloodlust tier 3 (just in case if slugged person would've crawled to Nea and etc). Also, I love how everyone skips the point of this thread. Only thanks to bloodlust tier 3 I managed to get her safely, Nea played perfectly her part but still got killed because I was rewarded for bad play which is why in my opinion tier 3 should be removed.

    Pretty hard to get a 3-man hatch escape when 4 gens are not completed and she's carrying a toolbox, but hey, we're all red ranks here.

    Dig deeper, friend.

  • @Raccoon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2414800#Comment_2414800

    Pretty hard to get a 3-man hatch escape when 4 gens are not completed, but hey, we're all red ranks here.

    Dig deeper, friend.

    I was giving an example of why I preferred to play safe instead of adding extra risk, it was pretty self-explanatory. If you want to read a perfect example then there it is (considering that you're not into 4Dchess and nitpicking). Slug crawls up to Nea, she stuns me or dead hard into next tile, then she would've picked up slugged person, they split up and depending on who I catch first, if it's Nea then she uses deliverance while other goes for unhook and vice versa where I hook a survivor with a key. One of them gets healed up (preferably the person who's dead on hook) and goes for unhook (considering if I hooked slugged person if it's Nea, she's just gonna deliverance). Then they complete a gen while I'm chasing someone, then they either get the second stage or die on hook (depending on who I'll get) if one of them dies, then they get 2 man hatch escape, 3 if I would've really screwed up and 1 If didn't play optimal and safe as the killer.

  • @konochivu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2414809#Comment_2414809

    I was giving an example of why I preferred to play safe instead of adding extra risk, it was pretty self-explanatory. If you want to read a perfect example then there it is (considering that you're not into 4Dchess and nitpicking). Slug crawls up to Nea, she stuns me or dead hard into next tile, then she would've picked up slugged person, they split up and depending on who I catch first, if it's Nea then she uses deliverance while other goes for unhook and vice versa where I hook a survivor with a key. One of them gets healed up (preferably the person who's dead on hook) and goes for unhook (considering if I hooked slugged person if it's Nea, she's just gonna deliverance). Then they complete a gen while I'm chasing someone, then they either get the second stage or die on hook (depending on who I'll get) if one of them dies, then they get 2 man hatch escape, 3 if I would've really screwed up and 1 If didn't play optimal and safe as the killer.

    Ok.

  • No, if a killer is wasting enough time to get to bloodlust 3 he should get the survivor. I don't see why survivors need to be able to loop killers for 5 gens, and then still be mad when the killer downs them. Should the killer get nothing from that chase?

  • @Alphasoul05 said:

    It has to be removed because you wasted time building BL3 at an incredibly unsafe pallet, when you could've forced a pallet drop and easily got a hit far earlier?

    Wow. You're brilliant. What an amazing example of why BL3 should be removed. Is this live footage of a survivor main playing at rank 20 to prove a point? Lol

    It should be removed because its not needed whatsoever. If you need BL3 you shouldn't be playing killer altogether. Bloodlust never was a good substitute for map design fails. It should go. If you "waste that much time" you shouldn't get anything. They should get better at chase and considering playing killer is easier now more than ever before I'd say that isn't such a hard feat when it comes to 98% of survivors encountered.

  • @danielmaster87 said:

    No, if a killer is wasting enough time to get to bloodlust 3 he should get the survivor. I don't see why survivors need to be able to loop killers for 5 gens, and then still be mad when the killer downs them. Should the killer get nothing from that chase?

    They drop the chase or kick a pallet and git gud, end of the story. Bloodlust tier 3 is a hindrance to new killers who don't know how to play and doesn't have any particular use outside of the "there's only 1 survivor left" type of scenario. New players don't have any incentive to drop the chase because they're gonna get rewarded for it with tier 3 bloodlust until they reach a certain rank where that kind of tactic is easily punished. Bloodlust tier 1 and 2 need to stay because BHVR maps sometimes can be an absolute mess but tier 3 should be removed.

  • @Ohnoes said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2414632#Comment_2414632

    It should be removed because its not needed whatsoever. If you need BL3 you shouldn't be playing killer altogether. Bloodlust never was a good substitute for map design fails. It should go. If you "waste that much time" you shouldn't get anything. They should get better at chase and considering playing killer is easier now more than ever before I'd say that isn't such a hard feat when it comes to 98% of survivors encountered.

    Dude have you watched that Cows video where Oni refused to kick a pallet? That was the best example of bad play.

  • @Ohnoes said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2414632#Comment_2414632

    It should be removed because its not needed whatsoever. If you need BL3 you shouldn't be playing killer altogether. Bloodlust never was a good substitute for map design fails. It should go. If you "waste that much time" you shouldn't get anything. They should get better at chase and considering playing killer is easier now more than ever before I'd say that isn't such a hard feat when it comes to 98% of survivors encountered.

    funny you say that, they tried that and several normally pretty safe loops turned into infinites

  • @konochivu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2414568#Comment_2414568

    I don't care, this is video evidence showing how busted and annoying bloodlust is.

    The game was already over at that point, it didn't matter. Any situation where bloodlust 3 "matters" in terms of getting downed, you just let 3 other survivors sit on gens for 45 seconds, meaning you just lost 3 gens when you factor in picking them up, finding a hook, etc.

  • @Reinami said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2414690#Comment_2414690

    The game was already over at that point, it didn't matter. Any situation where bloodlust 3 "matters" in terms of getting downed, you just let 3 other survivors sit on gens for 45 seconds, meaning you just lost 3 gens when you factor in picking them up, finding a hook, etc.

    This is why bloodlust tier 3 should be removed and doesn't have any point to exist.

  • @Reinami said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2414690#Comment_2414690

    The game was already over at that point, it didn't matter. Any situation where bloodlust 3 "matters" in terms of getting downed, you just let 3 other survivors sit on gens for 45 seconds, meaning you just lost 3 gens when you factor in picking them up, finding a hook, etc.

    yeah you're right, it's not busted, it's pointless to gain tier 3 which is why I think it's should be removed.

  • This is indeed a good reason, removing it will force Killers to not waste time getting to BL3.

  • @Reinami said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2414690#Comment_2414690

    The game was already over at that point, it didn't matter. Any situation where bloodlust 3 "matters" in terms of getting downed, you just let 3 other survivors sit on gens for 45 seconds, meaning you just lost 3 gens when you factor in picking them up, finding a hook, etc.

    which is why bloodlust tier 3 should be removed, it's pointless.

  • @konochivu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2414568#Comment_2414568

    I don't care, this is video evidence showing how busted and annoying bloodlust is.

    It’s only showed how you have no idea what you’re talking about

  • I just don't think this is that great of an example. You probably would have downed her just as fast if not slightly faster if you chased her normally and broke the pallet in a way that boxed her in.

    Like, nothing in this clip screams "it would have been different if BL3 wasn't a thing". In every universe except the one where you have a stroke while playing (god forbid), the situation would have ended the same.

  • i think Bloodlust in general should be removed.

    however, now it not a good time for that.

    we can get to that once the balancing team has revisited some maps to make them more fair for Killers.

  • @90bubbel said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2414924#Comment_2414924

    funny you say that, they tried that and several normally pretty safe loops turned into infinites

    I would imagine that in the past considering there are real infinites. Saying that now would be complete BS and you know it. Anytime I've gotten a bloodlust in the past 2 years to tier 3 its been my own damn fault, not map design and even then only a thing when I was a new killer. Now if you want to defend Tier 1 and 2 which is still questionable even then? Okay, 3? There's zero justification other than to throw a bone to either a bad/new killer or a tunneler. A killer who is stumbling and fumbling all the way up to tier 3 or just going back and forth isn't scary so nothing of value is lost.

  • 3 gens left, 2 people dead, 1 slugged, one injured. You don't know how to loop and you didn't even think of sitting in the pallet and using the uncloak lunge speed? It wouldn't have mattered if you got stunned you can catch up as wraith in nano seconds.

  • Bloodlust 3 only gives .6

    It's fine.

  • @konochivu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2414892#Comment_2414892

    They drop the chase or kick a pallet and git gud, end of the story. Bloodlust tier 3 is a hindrance to new killers who don't know how to play and doesn't have any particular use outside of the "there's only 1 survivor left" type of scenario. New players don't have any incentive to drop the chase because they're gonna get rewarded for it with tier 3 bloodlust until they reach a certain rank where that kind of tactic is easily punished. Bloodlust tier 1 and 2 need to stay because BHVR maps sometimes can be an absolute mess but tier 3 should be removed.

    Well this is where we are. A killer mechanic that barely kicks in, doesn't even make the playing field even, because we know the time invested already is game-throwing, never seen at high level and maybe once or twice at rank 20, but it has to go? Why? Because the killer doesn't know when to quit chasing, and he gets rewarded anyway? Hmm, let me think of an equivalent. Imagine if someone was like, "Pallets should be blocked after 3 slides, because survivors don't know when to quit looping, and they get rewarded anyway." Sounds stupid, doesn't it?

  • @Boss said:

    This is indeed a good reason, removing it will force Killers to not waste time getting to BL3.

    That's what I'm keep saying, you don't need BL3 in order to play killers, if BL3 is not needed then why still bother keeping it in a game?

  • 20210712225802_1.jpg

    @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2414690#Comment_2414690

    It’s only showed how you have no idea what you’re talking about

    No I do.

  • @WeenieDog said:

    I just don't think this is that great of an example. You probably would have downed her just as fast if not slightly faster if you chased her normally and broke the pallet in a way that boxed her in.

    Like, nothing in this clip screams "it would have been different if BL3 wasn't a thing". In every universe except the one where you have a stroke while playing (god forbid), the situation would have ended the same.

    It may be not the best example, but it's good enough to realize that BL3 shouldn't be in the game because it gives incentive to not drop the chase (when needed) or to git gud and learn how to run a tile properly.

  • @danielmaster87 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2414938#Comment_2414938

    Well this is where we are. A killer mechanic that barely kicks in, doesn't even make the playing field even, because we know the time invested already is game-throwing, never seen at high level and maybe once or twice at rank 20, but it has to go? Why? Because the killer doesn't know when to quit chasing, and he gets rewarded anyway? Hmm, let me think of an equivalent. Imagine if someone was like, "Pallets should be blocked after 3 slides, because survivors don't know when to quit looping, and they get rewarded anyway." Sounds stupid, doesn't it?

    Well, there are some perks and killers who blocks/ignore loops, entity blocks the window once survivor used it 3 times in a chase, and pallet loop is gone once killer realizes that he needs to kick a god pallet/decent pallet loop. So what's your problem with removing Blood lust tier 3? Bloodlust tier 3 is a hindrance to new killers giving them false incentive to keep chasing good survivors instead of dropping chase and doing more important stuff (or learning on how to run a tile properly/forcing survivors to drop pallet early) which is why I think it should be removed as a pointless gimmicky mechanic. I never stated that Bloodlust itself should be removed since it's used as a fix in map design flaws.

  • @konochivu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2415962#Comment_2415962

    Well, there are some perks and killers who blocks/ignore loops, entity blocks the window once survivor used it 3 times in a chase, and pallet loop is gone once killer realizes that he needs to kick a god pallet/decent pallet loop. So what's your problem with removing Blood lust tier 3? Bloodlust tier 3 is a hindrance to new killers giving them false incentive to keep chasing good survivors instead of dropping chase and doing more important stuff (or learning on how to run a tile properly/forcing survivors to drop pallet early) which is why I think it should be removed as a pointless gimmicky mechanic. I never stated that Bloodlust itself should be removed since it's used as a fix in map design flaws.

    No, but you're saying bloodlust 3 should be removed and it shouldn't, because it's not problematic. New players want to keep using it to get downs? That's on them, and that's fine with me since I'm red rank and won't be playing with them. The smarter players will get downs without even needing to go into bloodlust. So all this would really do is hurt new players.

  • Bloodlust, no matter the tier, should not be removed for any reason. Realistically a killer should never get to blood lust 3 for it to be a problem for survivors. Chases have to end, no survivor should be able to run the killer for extended periods of time so bloodlust ensures chases end at some point. If anyone thinks wasting 45 seconds to get a hit is something to be removed then I truly don't know what to tell them.