This event is poorly thought out and incredibly one-sided
I play both killer and survivor pretty equally and I must say that I don't know what the devs were thinking with this one. Getting nectar as killer is incredibly easy. All you have to do is hook survivors on infected hooks, same as any other event. Survivors have this weird alternate objective of harvesting nectar from plants. This process takes a long time especially if you are working on them solo. Most survivors tunnel vision on nectar leading to some of the easiest killer games I have ever played. Generators seldom get done anymore as everyone just runs around looking for plants. On top of all this is a developer decision that I find just down right unacceptable. Once you hit your 30 vial cap as survivor, you can no longer harvest plants. This means you will not be able to contribute to the massive bonus blood-points you get from harvesting. Pretty soon most survivors will hit this 30 cap and no one will get the bonus. Killers can always hook survivors on the special hooks and (correct me if I'm wrong) can still get the point bonuses after 30 vials. It already takes 20-30min for me to find killer games (bc everyone is playing killer) and it will take even longer after all the 30 vial survivors quit playing. Please hotfix this so survivors can still get points.
Side note: If you believe that survivor nectar farming is easier, that makes the problem worse. Survivors will hit 30 vials sooner and realize they can't harvest anymore. No bonus bloodpoints will lead a lot more people to stop playing and killer ques will get even longer.
Comments
First game as killer in the event.
First 1/3'd of a vial was easy enough. But both hooks were on the same side of the map. And crazy enough, these hooks only work for one use. You can't reuse them
Down a 3rd person... the remaining 2 hooks in the game are on the other side of the map.... well ######### me. Normal hook it is then...
Thankfully I was able to herd them to the last 2 hooks.
I dunno man - seems to even out to me. Especially given we got a bunch of Killvivors cluttering up the cue times for us.
Only thing we go the advantage on right now is the point generation - and it could be argued that's fair given we have no way at all to keep our addins between rounds other than the odd Black Ward.
i second this.. i got a full vial playing survivor almost every game expect like 3 or so ..i collectd all 30.. now i have played like 10 killer games and im still at 6.. Killer is much harder since it takes 6 hooks to collect a vial and that too if survivors allow it. they will jjust run farther away form hook if u dont farm and die there so even with iron grasp and agitation i cant reach it.. so i have to yield and let tehm farm.. if do end up killeing of them early ther other 3 will just play very stealthy.. which is even more waste of time..
Killer games do endup with a lotof bloodpoints at the end than survivors but it takes much longer to collect vials as killer.
In my opinion the thread createor is hitting the nail on the head. A lot of people have their vials full already and its been 1 weekend. This event is supposed to run for 2 weeks. If survivors can't get anything out of their offerings anymore (or hardly anything if they're lucky) then they will at the very least stop playing offerings and a lot of them will switch to killer games. From what I'm seeing in streams, its hard to fill a killer lobby already. Think one week ahead. The problem will only get worse.
why not play killer once you have your survivor vials done?
ppl that 'main' either killer or survivor are the cancer of this game.
It takes 4 times as many survivors than killers to fill lobbies. The more survs switch to killer (what they likely will) the longer it takes to fill lobbies. You rather wait around in lobbies than play the game?
It takes me roughly 2 minutes until I have my survivor phial full, then I suicide and continue.
Not comparable to killer at all, that takes way longer
Not sure if someone said this or not... Didn't read all the responses.
Once you fill your vial you don't gain anymore bonus points for hooking survivors on event hooks.
So once you fill all your vials... Will you still be able to fill vials?.. I don't think so. So you won't be able to get any more bonus points for hooking on event hooks once you fill all 30.
So same problem for killers? Well, that decision just sucks than. If I rembember correctly (and I'm reasonably sure I do) in the other events you could still collect the extra bp when you had all the coins (or whatever). Why would they take that away...
Ignore that... Sorry... Thought it wasn't giving me the points.. But it was. My mistake.. my bad.
So basically.. not sure what happens when you get to 30 vials as killer, if it will still let you get the points on the event hooks.
But if it does let you get the bonus points after you've filled the vial in the match, then it stands to reason you will get them after you've filled your 30 vials.
Which could explain why there will be more killers as the event progresses, since you will easily get way more points as killer. 5.5K per hook is huge.
Literally all I am saying is why can survivors not continue to get the extra blood points for the event? Why can killers continue to get theirs? Hell, lets make it so killers cant get their extra blood points for hooks after they get their 30 vials. Would that be better? Of course not because I am assuming you play killer mostly right?
My dear friend, this is so obvious that saying otherwise can only be said due lack of intellect or honesty.
I don't disagree with you completely, the way they did the event does limit the potential by putting a cap on vials and not letting you actively participate in getting the group more points, or basically in the event at all. I think it's dumb, but that doesn't mean I agree that the event is in killers favor. If you don't like playing killer, well too bad if you want more points or to get two full costumes.
It sucks because killers inherintly get sabotaged of their goals, but it's always much worse during an event because now you have to build around getting specific hooks (which means 1-2 perk slots you have to surrender), body blocking becomes much more common (although I will say the heal nerf may have curtailed this a bit.), and in this event's specific case, the fact that survivors won't be throwing down any offerings after a couple days, means that as a killer this event is possibly the biggest grind we've faced, not to mention you need at least 4 offerings to get a full vial...
This guy is legit arguing against something that would only benefit him. Some people really deserve everything they get in life
Agreed with OP this event is complete trash....killers have the already existing objectives modified so they just play the game normally but have to get to specific hooks THAT ARE MARKED FOR THEM. Meanwhile survivors have an EXTRA obj they must do now that adds literally nothing to the completion of the match....in my last 15 games I've had 18 completed gens, me doing at least 1 in most of the matches. 90% of those matches had at least 1 person that would either suicide or sandbag the rest of the team after filling their vials up. Event encourages people to not actively play the game...
The cosmetics arnt even worth the time it takes to farm them and the game is, in essence unplayable for people like me who dont care about the cosmetics because literally only like 4 other people in 15 games have even cared to try.... Literally may as well not even play survivor until after this even comes to a close....
Literally trash 1 sided event for sure....At least with the experiences i have had since it started....
Btw. The devs said before the event that they wanted to try out adding bonus objectives for survivors to slow the game down and avoid gen rushing.
The real issue here is the amount of survivors not playing the game after they have capped. I'm just not playing survivor now. I'd rather sit and wait 10-20min for a killer queue to pop so that i can maybe get a vial for killer. This is all down to the mere fact that you cannot keep farming bloodpoints with the offering. It's just poor execution atleast side vs side. I play both sides mainly played alot of survivor lately.
But i cannot even play with my friends now 'cause most of them is maxed so if i put in an offering it's just a waste. Which has not been the case in earlier events it's just super titling and this would really just fix alot of issues. Killer queues would be faster and survivors wouldn't whine as much since they'll get tons of BP's for collecting flowers instead of fixing gens. Just make it so that survivors can collect them all on a map and we've got ourselves a wonderful pimped up 2x BP event. It's beautiful in art but i have yet to enjoy playing during this event.
And also let's talk about ruin/sloppy butcher/healing change. Isn't that enough "objectives" added to the game the healing times is so tilting. I'd rather they just add like 20 sec ontop of all the gens then sit and heal for like 40 sec everytime you get hurt.
This is on PC.
That doesn't even make sense lol. How does your brain work I dont get it.
It is one sided and quite poorly executed, but don't expect them to fix this during the event, because quite frankly I don't think they care enough. They will make note of it, and hopefully they'll avoid making the same mistake, although I seriously doubt it as they'd rather go with their spin on things instead of making something that is balanced and is actually working. Even the feedback they get from the PTB they don't take as is, they either ignore it or take it and put their spin on it..... and apparently in their mind it doesn't have to be viable nor balanced for both sides.
I'm going to preface my answer my stating that I'm a survivor main. I started this event playing as survivor, but then decided to switch to killer for reasons I will touch on below. I also started out thinking that killer was going to be easier, for the same reasons - guaranteed hooks, no nectar loss, and no competition for harvesting. But counterintuitively, that's not how it actually plays out.
In my experience, killer vials take 2-3 times longer to get, in terms of games, than survivor vials. As survivor, you need about 2 and a half plants to fill a vial. So if you're the only one that burns an offering, there are still 3 plants on the map, which means you have the opportunity to fill a whole vial in one match. If other people burn offerings, that makes it easier. Sure, sometimes you won't get your vial, especially if you're unlucky enough to get found and chased before you can harvest and others get to the plants first, but the point is you have the means to do it. Most of the time, I'm able to fill a whole vial in a survivor match. And once you fill the whole vial, it doesn't matter whether you live or die, you still get to keep it, so the losing nectar mechanic doesn't come into play very often either.
However, as killer, you alone are not responsible for your ability to fill a whole vial. When I play as killer I almost always get all the event hooks, but the problem is, there are typically only 1-3 offerings burned. That's fine for survivors, but for killer that means it's literally impossible to get a whole vial in one match, because you need at least 4 offerings burned for 6 hooks to spawn, which is the amount you need to fill one vial. Just your own offering plus the two defaults is not enough, unlike above when playing as survivor. So you're reliant on survivors to burn offerings so you can get nectar. I have yet to get a killer game where I filled an entire vial in one match, simply because there are never enough hooks.
On top of that, it's going to get easier for survivors as the event progresses and more people complete the objectives. If other people have finished their harvesting, that means you're going to have less competition for plants, which means filling a vial using only your own offering and the two default plants becomes increasingly viable. However, for killer, the more survivors complete their objectives, the less they're going to burn offerings, which means you're going to get less event hooks and it's going to take longer to get vials.
And that's not even mentioning the fact that more than 20% of people are playing killer right now, which means extra long queue times. I can't speak for everyone else, but because it takes so long to get vials I don't even care about killing survivors. So it's more a hindrance than anything that they're too busy geting nectar to do gens. I just want them to open the gates and get the hell out of there so I can get into a new match and harvest more nectar.
I don't understand why this discussion turned into "who's got it harder". My experience is similar to Fibijean's, but that is NOT the point. The point is, that survivors can't get anything out of this event once their 30 vials are filled and it seems that killers can still get the extra bp. Which makes the experience worse for survivors AND killers because many players will switch to killer (= more time to fill a lobby) and fewer survivors will play offerings (= more games to fill vials for killers and not as many extra bp possible per game). If both sides could participate in the event for it's whole run time, it seems to me, everybody would benefit.
well, at least there are no non stop fireworks.