Why are survivors punished if a killer afks?

Today I depipped in a match where the killer was AFK, I did all the gens I could before they were all complete, same with cleansing totems, yet I still depipped. Definitely feels bad.

Comments

  • It's just the game having ######### design the same happen when surv dc as killer , just pray for a rework of the pip system

  • I also recommend spending some time in the basement. I think it gives boldness too.

  • I’m surprised they haven’t made a system that kicks the killer after AFK’ing for a specific amount of time.

  • How come a Killer is punished if a Survivor afks? (No chase, no pallets to break)

    Or if a Survivor kills themselves on first hook? (Again; less chases, less pallets to break, less Struggle points rewarded)

    Or DCs? (Not the same as a sacrifice, as you do not get points for the hook stages this way)


    Goes both ways.

  • @Power_Guy said:

    How come a Killer is punished if a Survivor afks? (No chase, no pallets to break)

    Or if a Survivor kills themselves on first hook? (Again; less chases, less pallets to break, less Struggle points rewarded)

    Or DCs? (Not the same as a sacrifice, as you do not get points for the hook stages this way)

    Goes both ways.

    i don't really get the point of saying this? both things are bad so instead of trying to go "well this thing isnt good either" we should find a way to fix it for both sides.

  • @ciara1999 said:

    I found a way of making sure I don't depip in a afk game. Jump in and out of the lockers multiple times, it gives you boldness points. Cleanse totems, run around the killer. Search chests, of you find a toolbox don't use it in the gen, sabo the hooks, don't open the exit gate till all totems and every little thing has been used to its full potential. It's not enough for a pip, but it's enough for a safety pip most of the time

    No BP of the Killer is a cloacked Wraith.

  • @Ras110 said:

    Today I depipped in a match where the killer was AFK, I did all the gens I could before they were all complete, same with cleansing totems, yet I still depipped. Definitely feels bad.

    same goes for survivors that prolong the game and hide in lockers to deny downs. Just go next. dont tie your ego to a broken pip system.

  • @Ras110 said:

    Today I depipped in a match where the killer was AFK, I did all the gens I could before they were all complete, same with cleansing totems, yet I still depipped. Definitely feels bad.

    I mean I kind of understand. Let's say this happened 5x in a row and you would pip if killer goes AFK. Then your rank improves and you start facing better killers who are a better quality rank than you. You get killed quickly, and your team is down a person early on which puts game in killer's favor.

    Killer kills everybody because the ratio changed too early. Killer doesn't improve but pips up, faces better survivors and cycle continues

    AFK/DC players shouldn't pip up as it'll mess up the matchmaking even more.

  • Whatever? I mean it's easy to get to red ranks and who cares if you are rank 1 or 4? Or even 5 or 8? Just play and have fun.

  • @DBD78 said:

    Whatever? I mean it's easy to get to red ranks and who cares if you are rank 1 or 4? Or even 5 or 8? Just play and have fun.

    This is a forum to discuss the game so I don't think there is any harm in discussing issues with the pip system (which needs some changes)

  • @ciara1999 said:

    I found a way of making sure I don't depip in a afk game. Jump in and out of the lockers multiple times, it gives you boldness points. Cleanse totems, run around the killer. Search chests, of you find a toolbox don't use it in the gen, sabo the hooks, don't open the exit gate till all totems and every little thing has been used to its full potential. It's not enough for a pip, but it's enough for a safety pip most of the time

    Only works if the locker is within the terror radius. And running around the killer doesnt give you escape points anymore, they removed that.

  • Why am I punished when some sweaty nerd DCs before their third hook because their metaperks didn't save them? What goes around comes around.

  • They are not punished, they get their guaranteed safety pip just from the gens, "Bold" and Unbroken escapes.

  • I feel like the whole emblem system needs a bit of a rework. I don’t care when I derank and if I play bad I deserve to, but I think it’s kind of ridiculous survivors in red ranks will depip if the killer is afk or just plays super bad and doesn’t manage to hook anyone before the gens get done. I know that there’s issues for killers too with the system, but why are there games where all 5 players can depip? If either side is completing their objective a safety pip should be worst you can do.

  • @Customapple0 said:

    I’m surprised they haven’t made a system that kicks the killer after AFK’ing for a specific amount of time.

    Because matchmaking is already a pain in this game and no killer means the game ends and no one gets anything at all.

  • @Power_Guy said:

    How come a Killer is punished if a Survivor afks? (No chase, no pallets to break)

    Or if a Survivor kills themselves on first hook? (Again; less chases, less pallets to break, less Struggle points rewarded)

    Or DCs? (Not the same as a sacrifice, as you do not get points for the hook stages this way)

    Goes both ways.

    How come every time someone asks a question towards one side, the “other side” turns the question around? Every time. Lmao.

  • @JoByDaylight said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2403100#Comment_2403100

    How come every time someone asks a question towards one side, the “other side” turns the question around? Every time. Lmao.

    yeah that's dbd forums you'll have to get used to it

  • Because the emblem system is a pathetic excuse of a way to rank people

  • Depipping is a blessing.