Fellow killer mains what do you see in a lobby that makes you no longer play nice.

For me its an obvious SWF(matching paid cosmetics that look like ######### and arent in a set together or matching names) and keys. Its not so much oh people who use keys or are in a SWF are terrible people and deserve to be tunnelled camped and slugged every match its more that I know that the game is going to be quite a bit tougher and I can't really afford to swap targets constantly and give away free unhooks or else I will lose miserably.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • @Nos37 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2404749#Comment_2404749

    If I'm spending Bloodpoints and then swapping to the survivor I had originally intended to play with, what time should I make the switch to not upset killers who react this way?

    Sooner than 6 seconds. People who do those last second swaps just send the message that they're trying to trick you at the lobby screen. Having your stuff in order well before that point is ideal. Swapping in at 20 seconds sends a whole different message than swapping in at 6. Being able to swap at all is kind of a survivor privilege since Killer selection gets locked in.

  • @LordGlint said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2404767#Comment_2404767

    Sooner than 6 seconds. People who do those last second swaps just send the message that they're trying to trick you at the lobby screen. Having your stuff in order well before that point is ideal. Swapping in at 20 seconds sends a whole different message than swapping in at 6. Being able to swap at all is kind of a survivor privilege since Killer selection gets locked in.

    Yeah btw does anyone remember exactly when they put this switch lock in place again?

    I know it is in preparation of sbmmr and makes it easier to get data when killer and matched survivor are made to correlate but it feels like years now.

  • For me, it's 4-Mans that all have the same cosmetics. I'll usually try to play nice and not tunnel people out of the game and such, but if all 4 people are running the exact same cosmetics, I can't tell you apart from your buds and I can't gurantee you won't suffer an accidental tunnel because of it.

    Idk man, if you guys all wanna be matching and stuff like that, that's cool and all, but if I can't tell people apart as Killer, it makes it 10× harder for me to play nice because it feels like I'm just smacking the same person over and over again all game.

  • four survivors using the exact same cosmetics

  • @Arial said:

    four survivors using the exact same cosmetics

    Sometimes I find matching but like they arent a SWF or toxic in any way like it is just 4 default megheads or if a new skin came out sometimes I see lobbies of 4 of that. Usually when its a mix of cosmetics from different sets then it is probably a SWF

  • They should really make broken keys look different but they can also be really annoying with blood amber.

  • It's a combination of things really. Keys don't bother me per se, the survivor may have an Archive challenge like "escape through the hatch". It's when there are one or multiple keys with a Haddonfield offering and the survivors are obviously very good, they just want an easy match or to bully the killer.

  • @CapricornZeus3 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2405467#Comment_2405467

    How many seconds does a broken key have? I only know pink and purple open hatch, and green can't

    10 without prayer beads and 25 with them

  • Offensive names and last second switch to an item.

  • @MarcoPoloYolo said:

    1. Keys.
    2. Multiple toolboxes in this event, because it's typically been multiple BNP lobbies.
    3. Multiple private profiles.

    Why private profiles? lol

  • @Marigoria said:

    Offensive names and last second switch to an item.

    Last second switching should have been removed ages ago, imo.

  • If its a Private profile thats doesn't have any customization like not even a pfp and a hard to remember name or name with lots of numbers in it its more likely they could be hackers that a public profile or a profile with some customization/effort in it.

  • @brokedownpalace said:

    If I see more than one survivor in the lobby I lose my goddamn mind. No more Mr Nice Guy

    lol.

  • @Adeloo said:

    last second switch to a key : i'll focus the key holder.

    If they also burn offerings that prove they are SWF with the key holder : i'll just turn into monsterloo and show no mercy.

    Happened yesterday : last second switch to key + offering for hatch + offering for luck + offering to Asarov... that last one as i was nice an burnt a cake, was the last drop ahah

    No wonder people on here have so many people escape through the hatch and blame the key. This seems to be the usual MO when people see a key and it just enables the massive escape.

  • Because that typically means that it's a lobby so sweaty, that they want to be in a SWF, but not give the killer a warning in advance that he's dealing with something stronger than the typical lobby. So that's more meticulous and probably not just a bunch of buddies chilling.

  • @InsatiableMop said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2402807#Comment_2402807

    No wonder people on here have so many people escape through the hatch and blame the key. This seems to be the usual MO when people see a key and it just enables the massive escape.

    i'm not sure i understand what you mean ^^

  • A lot of people on here seem to think keys are the pinnacle of evil. I've also seen a lot of people say in a similar sentiment that when they see a key they tunnel the person out. Well while you are tunneling them out and ignoring everybody else, all they need to do is do gens for free since you aren't pressuring them and then pick up the key and escape. Tunneling/camping the key carrier is what enables 3 mean key escapes.

  • @InsatiableMop said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2406621#Comment_2406621

    A lot of people on here seem to think keys are the pinnacle of evil. I've also seen a lot of people say in a similar sentiment that when they see a key they tunnel the person out. Well while you are tunneling them out and ignoring everybody else, all they need to do is do gens for free since you aren't pressuring them and then pick up the key and escape. Tunneling/camping the key carrier is what enables 3 mean key escapes.

    oh well keys are the strongest items of the game. I never said i tunnel the key holder and ignore everyone else. I said i dodge them. But if they last second switch then i'll play normally but if i happen to catch the key holder i will show no mercy and will tunnel them instead of going for their unhooker ^^

  • @Adeloo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2406907#Comment_2406907

    oh well keys are the strongest items of the game. I never said i tunnel the key holder and ignore everyone else. I said i dodge them. But if they last second switch then i'll play normally but if i happen to catch the key holder i will show no mercy and will tunnel them instead of going for their unhooker ^^

    except thats showing them mercy because the others can just escape with the key because you thought you were being ruthless when instead you just played into their hand.

  • @InsatiableMop said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2406993#Comment_2406993

    except thats showing them mercy because the others can just escape with the key because you thought you were being ruthless when instead you just played into their hand.

    i'm sorry i have a hard time understanding you ^^

  • keys activate when the survivors do 1 more gen than survivors alive. tunnel/camp one of them=the others do gens. by the time you actually get the key holder out of the game, the survivors have done enough gens to just pick up the key and leave, because tunneling and camping doesnt do anything to pressure the other survivors off gens.

  • @InsatiableMop said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2406621#Comment_2406621

    A lot of people on here seem to think keys are the pinnacle of evil. I've also seen a lot of people say in a similar sentiment that when they see a key they tunnel the person out. Well while you are tunneling them out and ignoring everybody else, all they need to do is do gens for free since you aren't pressuring them and then pick up the key and escape. Tunneling/camping the key carrier is what enables 3 mean key escapes.

    Except in reality nobody does that 99% of the time, they all get off gens and desperately try and save the key. Doing gens is the best counter to camping but the reason people still do it is because a bunch of lemmings kamakazie into them giving the guy a 4k.

    Logic and reality don't line up in this game.

  • @Razorbeam said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2406907#Comment_2406907

    Except in reality nobody does that 99% of the time, they all get off gens and desperately try and save the key. Doing gens is the best counter to camping but the reason people still do it is because a bunch of lemmings kamakazie into them giving the guy a 4k.

    Logic and reality don't line up in this game.

    I guess im referring to people playing together mostly. i dont want to use the term swf because people think that makes you godlike but most of the time swfs are just 4 bad people all playing together anyway.

1 2 ›