Did devs have fear of "potentialy" loose his playerbase by nerfing SWF and balance the game?

We know that SWF is one inevitable thing that unbalance the game and save a lot of perk slots by the free comunication in discord. The devs themselfs negate that they will nerf SWFs and related to this theme so this is because of what? fear to loose playerbase making the game playable by nerfing SWFs? If you guys think im wrong make points.

Edit

The solution may be not only nerfing SWF, but instead make new in game tools that help the killer compensate the advantage of coms.

Comments

  • SWFs are fair, voice chat softwares are not

    If voice chat is fair why do stealth killers or perks like tinkerer kindred or bond even exist?

    VC is the real problem here and it isn't fair if it isn't an official feature

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2400640#Comment_2400640

    Action speed debuff. If two people are in swf, those two suffer action speed debuff of 15% on healing and repair. If its 3 or 4 people, than 3 or 4 people suffer the action debuff.

    That will also affect solo survivors who happen to be in a lobby with SWF.

    obviously. it is swf game/lobby. don't worry, this was not interesting. Nerf freddy was more important.

  • @Raptorrotas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2400571#Comment_2400571

    Additionally, any buff to the survivor basekit will also buff "swf".

    In my opinion, the only thing to close the gap, without buffing the people who already use comms, is to add voicechat in the game.

    A custom message system like "do gens" etc would not close the gap completely, but not buff swf.

    A ping system is enhancing/gets enhanced by Comms as the ping either gets a better explanation or the "im chased by killer" gets a location.

    Nerfing SWF will also nerf solo, buffing solo will also buff SWF, but not to the same degree. You can give solo players what SWF players already have anyway. Yes, it will still buff SWF slightly, but not that much. But at the end the global Killer vs Survivor balance will have to be readjusted anyway, so it's not a problem.

    Another big advantage to buffing solo instead of nerfing SWF is related to programming issues. If you want to nerf SWF, you have to make a lot of special cases in the code (the famous "Spaghetti-code"), since you will have to differentiate between solo and SWF players in the code, which is more time consuming, less error-prone and will make creation of new content much more problematic.

    And the last problem with nerfing SWF is that there are too many kinds of SWF groups: 2-man, 3-man, 4-man and some of them are on comms and others are not. That's too many variants of strength of an SWF groups to deal with selectively and you can't even find out if an SWF group is using comms. Thus a much better approach is to buff all survivors to the information/strength level of a 4-man SWF with comms and buff killers to the same level at the same time.

    So, the only right way to close the solo vs SWF gap is to buff solo and killers.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    SWFs are fair, voice chat softwares are not

    If voice chat is fair why do stealth killers or perks like tinkerer kindred or bond even exist?

    VC is the real problem here and it isn't fair if it isn't an official feature

    ######### is this statement? VC exist in any game and because almost any gamer uses discord and/or teamspeak or whatever it is almost never imolemented in the game itself.


    Seeing how toxic is end game chat or other games who suffer from in-game chat (Overwatch) its better to have external one

  • just make it so swfs can't run duplicate perks and it would be a lot more bearable

  • @KajdanKi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2400698#Comment_2400698

    ######### is this statement? VC exist in any game and because almost any gamer uses discord and/or teamspeak or whatever it is almost never imolemented in the game itself.

    Seeing how toxic is end game chat or other games who suffer from in-game chat (Overwatch) its better to have external one

    The other games are not asymmetrical survival horror games, and this game is not a shooter nor a party game

    This game is not designed to be played with VC, and the results are evident

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2400711#Comment_2400711

    The other games are not asymmetrical survival horror games, and this game is not a shooter nor a party game

    This game is not designed to be played with VC, and the results are evident

    why not? is it written somewhere in rules?

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2400711#Comment_2400711

    The other games are not asymmetrical survival horror games, and this game is not a shooter nor a party game

    This game is not designed to be played with VC, and the results are evident

    Game is not designed for so many things and nurse is just one of them yet it works

  • Because stealth and lack of information are factors in this game

  • @Freddy96 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2400732#Comment_2400732

    Game is not designed for so many things and nurse is just one of them yet it works

    And is it balanced?

  • If it works its balanced, its plenty of games on the market that were hugely skewed towards one or the other side. Truth is that if this game was as unbalanced as everyone pretends it is it would've been dead a long time ago. But for 99% of the matches this game is balanced and somehow works even with all the "wasn't supposed to be like this" things.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    SWFs are fair, voice chat softwares are not

    If voice chat is fair why do stealth killers or perks like tinkerer kindred or bond even exist?

    VC is the real problem here and it isn't fair if it isn't an official feature

    What could the devs do about this if they even wanted to? How could it be enforced?

    I don't know about the other platforms, but on Xbox the party chat is entirely separate from any game being played. Heck we all can be playing different games and be in the same chat. So DBD wouldn't even know there's a chat. I imagine PlayStation is similar.

    Also I believe Microsoft mandated any game they accept cannot interfere with the party chats in any way.

    What do you think the devs can do about it?

  • @JPLongstreet said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2400698#Comment_2400698

    What could the devs do about this if they even wanted to? How could it be enforced?

    I don't know about the other platforms, but on Xbox the party chat is entirely separate from any game being played. Heck we all can be playing different games and be in the same chat. So DBD wouldn't even know there's a chat. I imagine PlayStation is similar.

    Also I believe Microsoft mandated any game they accept cannot interfere with the party chats in any way.

    What do you think the devs can do about it?

    They can't do anything about it of course, it can't be enforced. That why DEVs should assume that everyone is doing it and duplicate all that information via in-game mechanics and rebalance the game for killers and survivors afterwards. That's really the only realistic way. But BHVR seems to be very hesitant about it so far, there's no real competition for DBD and it's a lot of work.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    SWFs are fair, voice chat softwares are not

    If voice chat is fair why do stealth killers or perks like tinkerer kindred or bond even exist?

    VC is the real problem here and it isn't fair if it isn't an official feature

    Lol yes every time anybody wants to play with a friend(s) they must do so in utter silence...

  • @JPLongstreet said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2400698#Comment_2400698

    What could the devs do about this if they even wanted to? How could it be enforced?

    I don't know about the other platforms, but on Xbox the party chat is entirely separate from any game being played. Heck we all can be playing different games and be in the same chat. So DBD wouldn't even know there's a chat. I imagine PlayStation is similar.

    Also I believe Microsoft mandated any game they accept cannot interfere with the party chats in any way.

    What do you think the devs can do about it?

    The could do what the others suggested, buff solo queue and then balance everything

  • @KblokoBR said:

    We know that SWF is one inevitable thing that unbalance the game and save a lot of perk slots by the free comunication in discord. The devs themselfs negate that they will nerf SWFs and related to this theme so this is because of what? fear to loose playerbase making the game playable by nerfing SWFs? If you guys think im wrong make points.

    Edit

    The solution may be not only nerfing SWF, but instead make new in game tools that help the killer compensate the advantage of coms.

    I think this is indeed the case.

    Most survivors are nothing without their swf friends and their communication.

    I don't think this will ever change.

    Of course, swf players also understand that it's not fair, but they don't care.

    They don't play killer themselves after all and when they say they do and respond with ''just get better'' you already know enough.

    People who think that swf is fair and does not give an unfair advantage are not playing a killer themselves.

    If they say that they can compete with SWF as a killer, then you already know enough...

    Conclusion: Behavior is afraid that people will stop playing, so this is never going to change.

  • @InsatiableMop said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2400698#Comment_2400698

    Lol yes every time anybody wants to play with a friend(s) they must do so in utter silence...

    I'm not asking for removing VC, I'm asking for a general gameplay rework, because I know VC is too important, but these mechanics are outdated and inadequate now

  • @GamerEzra said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/270239/did-devs-have-fear-of-potentialy-loose-his-playerbase-by-nerfing-swf-and-balance-the-game

    I think this is indeed the case.

    Most survivors are nothing without their swf friends and their communication.

    I don't think this will ever change.

    Of course, swf players also understand that it's not fair, but they don't care.

    They don't play killer themselves after all and when they say they do and respond with ''just get better'' you already know enough.

    People who think that swf is fair and does not give an unfair advantage are not playing a killer themselves.

    If they say that they can compete with SWF as a killer, then you already know enough...

    Conclusion: Behavior is afraid that people will stop playing, so this is never going to change.

    People that say swf is unfair and refuse to listen to other arguments are also the issue. I play r1 killer and survivor. I main legion as killer as well so it's not like I'm playing an OP killer. 95% of swfs aren't any good. Yes I do get rolled maybe once or twice a week by an actual full team of people that can all loop and prioritize gens. But killers that come on here and complain about swf being unfair act like every swf is cracked out of their mind when the majority of the time they have 1 or 2 good players on them at most. In the other 95% of the matches that aren't swat teams killer is brain dead. Buddy wanted me to give trickster a shot so I did at r1 with no perks or add-ons easily got a 4k first time ever playing with him. Killer is literally brain dead easy you're nott against swat teams every day I'm sorry for whatever one hurt you.

  • @InsatiableMop said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2400972#Comment_2400972

    People that say swf is unfair and refuse to listen to other arguments are also the issue. I play r1 killer and survivor. I main legion as killer as well so it's not like I'm playing an OP killer. 95% of swfs aren't any good. Yes I do get rolled maybe once or twice a week by an actual full team of people that can all loop and prioritize gens. But killers that come on here and complain about swf being unfair act like every swf is cracked out of their mind when the majority of the time they have 1 or 2 good players on them at most. In the other 95% of the matches that aren't swat teams killer is brain dead. Buddy wanted me to give trickster a shot so I did at r1 with no perks or add-ons easily got a 4k first time ever playing with him. Killer is literally brain dead easy you're nott against swat teams every day I'm sorry for whatever one hurt you.

    Haha, this confirms what I put in my comment.🤣

    And don't worry I'm used to it, after a lot of games on killer and the toxic endgame chat.

  • @GamerEzra said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2400991#Comment_2400991

    Haha, this confirms what I put in my comment.🤣

    And don't worry I'm used to it, after a lot of games on killer and the toxic endgame chat.

    Dismissing an argument because it doesn't align with your beliefs doesn't confirm anything, and is no way to harbor a discussion to reach a balance all parties will enjoy.

  • @GamerEzra said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2400991#Comment_2400991

    Haha, this confirms what I put in my comment.🤣

    And don't worry I'm used to it, after a lot of games on killer and the toxic endgame chat.

    And for reference I probably play killer 70% of the time I play so idk for you what qualifies as a killer main. But from playing both sides at higher ranks consistently I feel that qualifies me more to speak to both sides of the balance than someone who only plays one side.

  • @InsatiableMop said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2401012#Comment_2401012

    Dismissing an argument because it doesn't align with your beliefs doesn't confirm anything, and is no way to harbor a discussion to reach a balance all parties will enjoy.

    You say exactly what I said what every swf player says.

    You only make it worse by saying that killer is easy, and that the trickster ON RANK 1 doesn't need any perks or add ons.

    Sorry but I don't think anyone believes this.

  • @InsatiableMop said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2401012#Comment_2401012

    And for reference I probably play killer 70% of the time I play so idk for you what qualifies as a killer main. But from playing both sides at higher ranks consistently I feel that qualifies me more to speak to both sides of the balance than someone who only plays one side.

    I mostly play survivor...

  • @GamerEzra said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2401014#Comment_2401014

    You say exactly what I said what every swf player says.

    You only make it worse by saying that killer is easy, and that the trickster ON RANK 1 doesn't need any perks or add ons.

    Sorry but I don't think anyone believes this.

    My "SWF" is only 2 other people and one of them gets excited when he doesn't go down in 15s. Killer is easy most of the time. I acknowledged there are cracked teams out there that make it hard for the killer to make any ground but in your average game survivors drop every pallet way before they need to and run all the jungle gyms wrong. Even if one player is really good you just don't commit to him in a chase long until his weaker friends have created dead zones everywhere by panic dropping pallets. If you really like ill set up a stream and you can come watch for an hour and we can have a VC discussion about killer power.

  • Screenshot (66)_LI.jpg Screenshot (57)_LI.jpg Screenshot (65)_LI.jpg

    tell me again how hard killer is.

  • Need to be a rule to be right?

  • Good argument, showing three pictures to prove that killer is "easy", make a 1 hour gameplay with your more "skilled" killer and then we make the average.

  • @GamerEzra said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2401014#Comment_2401014

    You say exactly what I said what every swf player says.

    You only make it worse by saying that killer is easy, and that the trickster ON RANK 1 doesn't need any perks or add ons.

    Sorry but I don't think anyone believes this.

    Its easy to blame the others skill even they don't know how good you are, so assuming that you are bad grant theyr squads safety

  • @Bwsted said:

    Can you name any game that penalizes players for playing with their friends?

    Honest question. I don't know of any, but if there were examples maybe we could learn a lesson or two from their successes. Or failures.

    Its not penalize its BALANCE if you can read the post, but if you see this in a bad way for swfs is up to you.

  • @DragonMasterDarren said:

    "SWF isn't the problem, 3rd party communication software is the problem" - me every single time a "nerf SWF" topic pops up

    Nope, the problem is the owners of the game don't knowing how to balance this and staying in confort zone because of no competition.

  • @stikyard said:

    Poeple assume SWF is OP.

    My whole team is bad and, I would generally assume the same for most people who just want to play with friends.

    Now all Red ranked SWF might be another issue but, how many people is that, my guess, not many.

    Isn't because your team is bad that all others will be and otherwise. the question is that if any of teams enter with play to win at all costs the game is unberable for killer.

  • @KblokoBR said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2401055#Comment_2401055

    Good argument, showing three pictures to prove that killer is "easy", make a 1 hour gameplay with your more "skilled" killer and then we make the average.

    I'll do that later today or tomorrow, but for now I'm the only one who has submitted any evidence to difficulty. By all the whining in this forum about how survivor sided it is, well not only did I 4k those games with level 1 (D tier) killers, but the survivors brought keys and map offerings. If you went off what people have said here you would think no matter what I should have gotten rolled. So for now it is feasible by evidence presented that killers don't have it all that bad. I even conceded that there are times that I get absolutely rolled by a team all very practiced together playing optimally, but most squads are far from that.

  • @KblokoBR said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2400678#Comment_2400678

    Nope, the problem is the owners of the game don't knowing how to balance this and staying in confort zone because of no competition.

    So now you're insinuating that if SWF didn't have any means of 3rd party communication they would still be unbalanced? Makes zero sense but okay.

  • @indieeden7 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2401212#Comment_2401212

    So now you're insinuating that if SWF didn't have any means of 3rd party communication they would still be unbalanced? Makes zero sense but okay.

    No, im repeating what others have said. That solo survs have to get in-game features like base kit kindred to compete the inevitable coms in swfs as like killer have others in game tool to deal with that.

  • @KblokoBR said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2400352#Comment_2400352

    Isn't because your team is bad that all others will be and otherwise. the question is that if any of teams enter with play to win at all costs the game is unberable for killer.

    How often does this happen though? I'm not Killer main, so I'm not playing Red ranked Killer enough to know how often they lose to an OP SWF. I'm guessing it's not very often as, I've asked on this forum "How often do you lose as Killer?" and, they basically laughed at me. "Lose? As Killer? In DBD?." 🤣

    I do admit that 4 skilled players on comms can be very powerful and, that is winning by any means.

    Kinda the same when a skilled Killer can Nurse slug everyone in 5 minutes, that's unbearable as Survivor but, it doesn't happen that often in my experience.

  • @stikyard said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2401219#Comment_2401219

    How often does this happen though? I'm not Killer main, so I'm not playing Red ranked Killer enough to know how often they lose to an OP SWF. I'm guessing it's not very often as, I've asked on this forum "How often do you lose as Killer?" and, they basically laughed at me. "Lose? As Killer? In DBD?." 🤣

    I do admit that 4 skilled players on comms can be very powerful and, that is winning by any means.

    Kinda the same when a skilled Killer can Nurse slug everyone in 5 minutes, that's unbearable as Survivor but, it doesn't happen that often in my experience.

    I personaly win many matches in a row, and then loose one or two. But if i take base at my gameplay i would say it is ok and dont need changes. But i think outside my will not like some of pp here, and try to look for better resolutions for this problem that many put to light. Everytime this topic is touched ever have pp to just "get good" and #########, not caring for existing problems that they benefit (as free coms).

  • @stikyard said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2401219#Comment_2401219

    How often does this happen though? I'm not Killer main, so I'm not playing Red ranked Killer enough to know how often they lose to an OP SWF. I'm guessing it's not very often as, I've asked on this forum "How often do you lose as Killer?" and, they basically laughed at me. "Lose? As Killer? In DBD?." 🤣

    I do admit that 4 skilled players on comms can be very powerful and, that is winning by any means.

    Kinda the same when a skilled Killer can Nurse slug everyone in 5 minutes, that's unbearable as Survivor but, it doesn't happen that often in my experience.

    It barely ever happens my dude. If there werent a random optimal swf 1 in 20 games there would be killers that actually never lose.

  • @KblokoBR said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2401235#Comment_2401235

    I personaly win many matches in a row, and then loose one or two. But if i take base at my gameplay i would say it is ok and dont need changes. But i think outside my will not like some of pp here, and try to look for better resolutions for this problem that many put to light. Everytime this topic is touched ever have pp to just "get good" and #########, not caring for existing problems that they benefit (as free coms).

    But if there's "balancing" in the way you're talking about then your own losses would be fewer and further between. "Balance" doesn't mean compensating for someone's lack of experience/skill.

  • @MeltingPenguins said:

    How WOULD you 'nerf' swfs to make things 'fair'?

    Because you can't know if people are actually on call. BHVR has no way of actually checking if a call is active AND who is in it.

    add an indicator in the lobby with who is swf or not.


    the problem will sort itself out when 4 player swf will be unable to find games for 5 hours.

  • @Lord_Tony said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2400112#Comment_2400112

    add an indicator in the lobby with who is swf or not.

    the problem will sort itself out when 4 player swf will be unable to find games for 5 hours.

    Great idea!

  • SWF isn't the big bad everyone says it is. Your average SWF isn't playing at the same skill level as Oracle. Nerfing SWF would accomplish very little. If you apply a gen speed penalty, watch them bring toolboxes and Prove Thyself.

    Solo queue needs to be buffed to be on par with SWF, and then changes can be made from there. But simply nerfing SWF will get us nowhere.

  • @Lord_Tony said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2400112#Comment_2400112

    add an indicator in the lobby with who is swf or not.

    the problem will sort itself out when 4 player swf will be unable to find games for 5 hours.

    So punish everybody who just wants to play with some friends because killers actually lose 1 out of 20 games to some people really trying to win.

  • the only way to "nerf" SWF is to buff solo enough that the gap is reduced

  • @SkeletalElite said:

    How do I convince my wife's boyfriend that he's wrong for enjoying Survivor?

    For the past two days every time I walk by my bedroom and see him in there playing with a SWF with meme perks I get absolutely livid. I cannot believe he would betray this exclusively killer main household like this.

    Sometimes I'd step in and say something like "H-hey Kieth, um, you know that playing in a Survive With Friends is basically an exploit, right? Like it makes aura perks like Bond almost useless a-and you can constantly call out the killer's location"

    And he'd always say something ######### stupid like "Not now, champ. Go back to your room me and your wife need to have an important talk"

    One time I tried to redditpill him again and said "H-hey Kieth you know that survivor is really unfun to go against because of Ruin Undying. And some killers are uninteractive to go against like engravings billy, um like you don't have enough time to react to the curve around loops. Don't you wanna join us and main spirit instead"

    Now get this Reddit. He had the AUDACITY to say "I don't really care about ruin, its just a infinite flashbang generator. But if my team suffers too much from Ruin I'll maybe try to cleanse it with counterforce. I just want to focus on stunning the killer with head on"

    I immediately ran out of the room sobbing, I sat at my desk and threw my chicken tenders all over the floor in disgust. He is a totem cleanse exploiter.

    I just don't get it reddit. I'm at my wits end at this point. I cannot fathom how someone could enjoy exploiting in the current state of the game. I've already tagged the developers at least 13 times in my Reddit comment manifestos do you think I should start tagging him as well? I don't even know if he checks Reddit.

    God comment.

  • @InsatiableMop said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2401290#Comment_2401290

    So punish everybody who just wants to play with some friends because killers actually lose 1 out of 20 games to some people really trying to win.

    so punish killer because he can't counter comms in a game not balanced around comms?

  • @Lord_Tony said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2401314#Comment_2401314

    so punish killer because he can't counter comms in a game not balanced around comms?

    My argument is killer is already strong enough to counter your average swf with comms so in my opinion they aren't getting punished. And playing a lot of killer myself I know the super punishing swfs are few and far between.

1 2 3