Is Camping really a general problem?

If a Freddy camps a person, you can get a safe unhook with two people and borrowed time or with three people. But if a Bubba camps, you cant.

So maybe there shouldnt be a general fix to camping like many are suggesting and which would probably break the game, but a change to things which make camping strong.

I personally dont mind camping so much, but i can understand that a facecamping killer from the start is boring. But camping has its uses to win the game and you shouldnt limit the killer in his options too much.

Comments

  • @Firellius said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2394607#Comment_2394607

    If Survivors do gens; the Killer gets 1, MAYBE 2 kills anyways

    This is the exact problem.

    The killer chooses to play as little as they can. It shouldn't be a '1, maybe 2' scenario (not counting NOED which can easily make things worse), it should be a 'maybe 1, but definitely nothing more' scenario. It needs to not even be close to a viable strat. Even by your own admission, it is either dangerously close or already there.

    And as I keep saying, it's a matter of overall balance as well since there's a ton of things BHVR can't do without also, as collateral damage, making camping more effective.

    You want gen speeds slowed down? You want 'second chance perks' nerfed?

    Tough.

    Camping exists. Anything killers want is invalidated by that single fact.

    The devs said that the MMR-system will count more than the number of kills. So maybe only facecamping killer will not be able to rank up. So they get "nothing".

    But that would mean that weaker player get more campers (the same as right now) and bc there is no incentive to get a better MMR-rating there is no reason to stop camping.

  • @MikaKim said:

    @TicTac

    'If you camp with a M1-killer good survivor will always get the rescue. So its not a problem if some killer camp bc you can just rescue.

    Granted in solo que it happens rarely but thats a problem with solo communication and matchmaking.'

    What even is this statement, a good killer that facecamps isn't going to slip up. What your alluding too is coordinated swf because in your VERY NEXT SENTENCE you admit its not the same for soloq and therefore swf groups that don't coordinate.

    Please post less but think about your content more. I'm 2 posts into you and already tired. How have you managed nearly 2k?

    Coordinated swf? I play only solo and today i got a save with a random team of purple and green ranks. It was the only camper i played against.

    You need only a swf bc three people are bad and someone needs to tell them what they should do. If every survivor is good, they know what to do. One takes a hit, the second unhooks and then the healthy survivors bodyblock.

    So it does not happen in solo bc most survivor dont know how to play. And if you dont know how to play, you need to learn it and not get it for free.

  • @Power_Guy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2394732#Comment_2394732

    Rofl. Just because you dislike camping does not mean it needs to be a 'maybe 1, but nothing more' strat, dude.

    Christ, the Survivor mains on this forum seem to be blessed with this invincible conviction that their made up rules need to be hard rules.

    Fact: Camping is a strat. Camping is allowed.

    Also fact: Survivors can't stand losing, and want to prevent Killers from winning, so they keep whining like children about how 'unfair' it is that they can be removed from the game.

    Boo hoo. The fact that the Killer can kill comes as a surprise to NO ONE except whiny Survivors who think the game revolves around them.

    Camping is fine. Reward the Survivor with 'Distraction' BP. End of story. Stop ######### whining.

    I mean, it literally reduces the game to everyone doing nothing, but I suppose you can't stand the possibility of having to put in effort.

    Since you can't do anything but demean others and call them 'whining' for what is obviously a glaring issue with the game, there's no point in this discussion going any further.


  • I personally can't stand campers. When I play Killer, I almost never camp or tunnel because I know how crappy it feels for a survivor to not have a chance to play the game in the slightest. That being said, the type I'm talking about is the unabashed, in your face, "I AM CAMPING" types. The type you see on Kindred, making a teensy circle around the hooked survivor, or staring them in the face.And camping only works well by exploiting Solo survivors lack of ability to communicate and coordinate.

    Although I do understand it in the endgame collapse. Or in a situation where a Killer is being steamrolled by a 4-man SWF flashlight squad. Anything like that. I'm not sure how anything could be done that punishes one without smiting the latter. During the period where they disabled the disconnect penalty, the most d/c's I saw were when survivors were being camped. They just "nope'd" out of the match.

    Giving some BPs to the camped survivor would go a long way to prevent them from just suiciding on the hook or disconnecting.

    I've encountered one too many Killer who facecamp purposely to just grief a stranger. The most recent one even named himself "WhySoSalty".

  • Camping is a made up word survivors invented to have something to scream about when they lose. It is not a problem. The devs have stated it's a strategy and not reportable. Last it has plenty of counters. The issue is survivors don't want to counter it. Same as NOED. There is something you can do about it but people don't want too.

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    There should be more options for SURVIVORS outside of perks in order to counter hard-Camping.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2394593#Comment_2394593

    @Firellius

    Don't bother with that guy, he has a track record for calling survivors entitled in most of his posts along with calling players on here "survivor mains" even though he has 0 evidence or doesn't know what he is talking about.

    It's Lord Tony 2.0

  • @EvilJoshy said:

    Camping is a made up word survivors invented to have something to scream about when they lose. It is not a problem. The devs have stated it's a strategy and not reportable. Last it has plenty of counters. The issue is survivors don't want to counter it. Same as NOED. There is something you can do about it but people don't want too.

    'Plenty of counters!'

    Literally only counter is genrushing. And it's hilarious you mention NOED in the same post since that has the opposite, mutually exclusive counter, so if someone is camping with NOED, the whole thing just sort of eats itself.

  • @Power_Guy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2394565#Comment_2394565

    Camping. 👏 Should. 👏 Not. 👏 Be. 👏 Mechanically. 👏 Punished. 👏

    Survivors punish or reward it by doing gens or rushing the hook like lemmings. Those asking for some bullshit game-enforced punishment are demanding the devs cater to their made up rules and views on camping, tunneling, and slugging. They are thinking they are so entitled to an unhook that they want to force the Killer to give it to them, or be punished for daring to go against their made up rules.

    Here's the thing AGAIN:

    If there's a 'camping' proximity punishment; Survivor will abuse it. We know this because there WAS, and Survivors abused it.

    I don't care if some Survivor main scampers in and goes 'I don't see how it can be abused' because it was. This is not open for debate; It happened. It's a fact that Survivor abused a mechanic designed to punish Killers for 'camping' so badly, that it was quickly removed.

    Think about that; not throwing shade on the devs but do they quickly fix anything that's not immensely game-breaking? But the punishment was so abused that it went away so fast, it left a sonic boom in its wake.

    Leaving those issues at the side, what should be punished is deliberate & brainless camping at 4-5 gens for no reason & especially with killers like Bubba who can 100% trade a hook.

    The clapping emote makes this cringe, ngl.

  • @Firellius said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2394906#Comment_2394906

    'Plenty of counters!'

    Literally only counter is genrushing. And it's hilarious you mention NOED in the same post since that has the opposite, mutually exclusive counter, so if someone is camping with NOED, the whole thing just sort of eats itself.

    There's that vague reasons why NoED rewards camping!

    I mean, the Killer would have to camp a hook AND camp EVERY SINGLE TOTEM at the same time, but Survivor mains will insist this happens because they want to complain!

  • @Pilot said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2394581#Comment_2394581

    Leaving those issues at the side, what should be punished is deliberate & brainless camping at 4-5 gens for no reason & especially with killers like Bubba who can 100% trade a hook.

    The clapping emote makes this cringe, ngl.

    Survivors sniveling about camping day in and day out is cringe, so I will be cringe back. They ignore every single fact thrown at them about why you can't punish it, and yet they push it all aside to go 'B-but..I don't wanna lose! I mean, be camped! CHANGE THE GAME! 😥'

  • @chapizwow said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2394565#Comment_2394565

    i'm not saying camping shouldn't be punished, i'm saying you are not providing any solution to help them do otherwise by just punishing camping, because the reason behind the problem doesn't lay on the action itself or the idea that "they gave up". Just punishing camping won't help them improve either, just like the actual surv meta doesn't help survs get better at the game.

    People only complain about a certain issue and think prohibiting that 1 thing, solves everything....while the issue is much more complex than most people care to admit.

    Yeah but you see because I want camping to be punished people assume I'm a survivor main, I think bad plays and bad skill shouldn't be rewarded and that goes for either side. You get hit and waste a pallet, no bonus chase points. Trade hooks with someone not long gone on, no bonus safe unhook.

    I'm not on either side but camping should be punished and getting 2 kills doing so bad and face camping from the start not only sucks and is boring for everyone but it shows no skill. Seriously I'm more impressed with a killer that get 8 hooks 0 kills than someone with 1/2hooks and 1/2kills

    Bad actions = punishment/no rewards

  • @Power_Guy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2394953#Comment_2394953

    Survivors sniveling about camping day in and day out is cringe, so I will be cringe back. They ignore every single fact thrown at them about why you can't punish it, and yet they push it all aside to go 'B-but..I don't wanna lose! I mean, be camped! CHANGE THE GAME! 😥'

    Survivors sniveling about camping day in and day out is cringe, so I will be cringe back.

    Welcome to the forums. Don't try to snap at everything that offends you. I see these topics myself & most of the time I choose to ignore them, unless there's something else discussed within. Also, fighting cringe with cringe? Really... Like fighting fire with fire has ever worked out around here. In your situation, all this did was make this more cringe....ugh

    I do these things myself, but I have a strategy in mind at least or when the opportunity arises. Just gotta do what u gotta do. I got tunneled yesterday by a nurse for example after our first encounter lasted 2-3 min. I didn't have DS to punish the tunneling, unfortunately. This lost her the game with me dead & 3 escapes. The absolute determination she had in finding & killing me after my 1st & 2nd hook was... really really impressive...We were playing on Midwich of all things, which is a very good nurse map. Managed to piss her off even more in endgame chat... somehow...

  • @Power_Guy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2394945#Comment_2394945

    There's that vague reasons why NoED rewards camping!

    I mean, the Killer would have to camp a hook AND camp EVERY SINGLE TOTEM at the same time, but Survivor mains will insist this happens because they want to complain!

    The point with noed and camping is that you need to do gens to counter camping if you cant unhook. So you have no time for totems.

    The best way would be to make noed weaker if the killer does only facecamp the entire match.

  • @TicTac said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2394954#Comment_2394954

    The point with noed and camping is that you need to do gens to counter camping if you cant unhook. So you have no time for totems.

    The best way would be to make noed weaker if the killer does only facecamp the entire match.

    If the Killer is camping, then look for totems. Or do gens. There is, literally, no reason to punish an accepted tactic other than Survivors want to spite Killers for breaking the rulebook.


    @Pilot said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2394961#Comment_2394961

    Survivors sniveling about camping day in and day out is cringe, so I will be cringe back.

    Welcome to the forums. Don't try to snap at everything that offends you. I see these topics myself & most of the time I choose to ignore them, unless there's something else discussed within. Also, fighting cringe with cringe? Really... Like fighting fire with fire has ever worked out around here. In your situation, all this did was make this more cringe....ugh

    I do these things myself, but I have a strategy in mind at least or when the opportunity arises. Just gotta do what u gotta do. I got tunneled yesterday by a nurse for example after our first encounter lasted 2-3 min. I didn't have DS to punish the tunneling, unfortunately. This lost her the game with me dead & 3 escapes. The absolute determination she had in finding & killing me after my 1st & 2nd hook was... really really impressive...We were playing on Midwich of all things, which is a very good nurse map. Managed to piss her off even more in endgame chat... somehow...

    Fair enough. I get tunneled and camp when I play Survivor, and I usually just laugh. It just baffles me, the mindset some people must have 'I lost to <x>, therefore <x> is unfair and HAS TO BE CHANGED!'

  • @Power_Guy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2394953#Comment_2394953

    Survivors sniveling about camping day in and day out is cringe, so I will be cringe back. They ignore every single fact thrown at them about why you can't punish it, and yet they push it all aside to go 'B-but..I don't wanna lose! I mean, be camped! CHANGE THE GAME! 😥'

    Dude, if you aren't able to have a rational, objective conversation without blanket-insulting people why do you even forum? I've seen your posts time and again and the hostility towards anyone who doesn't agree with you is borderline obsessive. We get it. You have an unnatural and unhealthy hatred for people who play survivor and whom criticize anything they do. SURVIVOR BAD. KILLER SAINT.

    Just state your opinion without the aggression and insults. We all play the same game. Most of us don't want to ruin your fun.

  • Just answered on another post practically the same.

    The self made rules of players are often, if not always, biased.

    If survivors are unwiling to exert more skill to solve, or annoyed for being exposed to, those strategies why the killer should play otherwise?

  • @CluelessWanderer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2394961#Comment_2394961

    Dude, if you aren't able to have a rational, objective conversation without blanket-insulting people why do you even forum? I've seen your posts time and again and the hostility towards anyone who doesn't agree with you is borderline obsessive. We get it. You have an unnatural and unhealthy hatred for people who play survivor and whom criticize anything they do. SURVIVOR BAD. KILLER SAINT.

    Just state your opinion without the aggression and insults. We all play the same game. Most of us don't want to ruin your fun.

    People can disagree with me. And I never said 'Killers good, Survivors bad!' What drives me nuts is that I get told a million Survivor-invented rules I have to follow, or Survivors insult me in game. People on these very forums have said they blast the Killer if the Killer is 'toxic first', even if that 'toxic' action happens to be 'the Killer won'.

    And then I come to the forums and find MORE Survivors trying to change the base mechanics of the game because they hate to lose, and those survivors call ME entitled. They want to change the game to ######### over Killers, but I'm entitled?


    I can't abide hypocrisy, and that what these threads are; Survivors claiming tunneling and camping are evil things that should result in -32534378756 BP for the Killer (I have seen people suggest 'The Survivor gets the Killer's BP if he camps' before) but gen speeds and toolboxes and gen-stacking are fine.

    It's hypocrisy, and I will point it out every time someone does it. Because Survivors want to alter how Killers play, because Killers are 'toxic', but ask those same Survivors 'Is twerking or clicky-clicky toxic?' and they will say 'no'. Because they are biased.


    It's even in another thread, where someone says 'Slugging for the 4K is toxic' and 'You already have a 3K'. They are basically shaming a Killer for wanting a full win and acting like the Killer has to stop trying because it makes Survivors sad.

    It's a filthy double standard.

  • @Firellius said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2394906#Comment_2394906

    'Plenty of counters!'

    Literally only counter is genrushing. And it's hilarious you mention NOED in the same post since that has the opposite, mutually exclusive counter, so if someone is camping with NOED, the whole thing just sort of eats itself.

    If someone is camping with noed then the gens would have to be complete for that to happen. Open the gate and leave. Problem solved.

  • @Power_Guy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2395096#Comment_2395096

    People can disagree with me. And I never said 'Killers good, Survivors bad!' What drives me nuts is that I get told a million Survivor-invented rules I have to follow, or Survivors insult me in game. People on these very forums have said they blast the Killer if the Killer is 'toxic first', even if that 'toxic' action happens to be 'the Killer won'.

    And then I come to the forums and find MORE Survivors trying to change the base mechanics of the game because they hate to lose, and those survivors call ME entitled. They want to change the game to ######### over Killers, but I'm entitled?

    I can't abide hypocrisy, and that what these threads are; Survivors claiming tunneling and camping are evil things that should result in -32534378756 BP for the Killer (I have seen people suggest 'The Survivor gets the Killer's BP if he camps' before) but gen speeds and toolboxes and gen-stacking are fine.

    It's hypocrisy, and I will point it out every time someone does it. Because Survivors want to alter how Killers play, because Killers are 'toxic', but ask those same Survivors 'Is twerking or clicky-clicky toxic?' and they will say 'no'. Because they are biased.

    It's even in another thread, where someone says 'Slugging for the 4K is toxic' and 'You already have a 3K'. They are basically shaming a Killer for wanting a full win and acting like the Killer has to stop trying because it makes Survivors sad.

    It's a filthy double standard.

    I can't abide hypocrisy, and that what these threads are; Survivors claiming tunneling and camping are evil things that should result in -32534378756 BP for the Killer (I have seen people suggest 'The Survivor gets the Killer's BP if he camps' before) but gen speeds and toolboxes and gen-stacking are fine.

    That hypocrisy is NOT coming from the survivor side, you absolute walnut. It's literally the first thing these forums will shout at you when you suggest camping is a problem.

    'If you get camped, just genrush'

    'Ok'

    'OMG survivors are genrushing, that's such hypocrisy!'

    Seriously, camping is the root problem for everything you whine about, but when -anyone- brings it up, you throw yourself into an absolute frenzy because you don't want to accept the fact that camping is unbelievably bad for the game.


    @EvilJoshy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2394945#Comment_2394945

    If someone is camping with noed then the gens would have to be complete for that to happen. Open the gate and leave. Problem solved.

    That's EGC camping, and that's not a problem. The problem is a killer camping on first down, which leaves you with enough time to do either the gens or the totems, but likely not both. So if you take down all five totems, the killer gets to down someone else before gen 5 is done. If you finish all five gens, the killer then gets to have +4% movespeed and instadown and likely gets at least one other down, possibly more because they can just slug.


  • @Firellius said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2395169#Comment_2395169

    I can't abide hypocrisy, and that what these threads are; Survivors claiming tunneling and camping are evil things that should result in -32534378756 BP for the Killer (I have seen people suggest 'The Survivor gets the Killer's BP if he camps' before) but gen speeds and toolboxes and gen-stacking are fine.

    That hypocrisy is NOT coming from the survivor side, you absolute walnut. It's literally the first thing these forums will shout at you when you suggest camping is a problem.

    'If you get camped, just genrush'

    'Ok'

    'OMG survivors are genrushing, that's such hypocrisy!'

    Seriously, camping is the root problem for everything you whine about, but when -anyone- brings it up, you throw yourself into an absolute frenzy because you don't want to accept the fact that camping is unbelievably bad for the game.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2395426#Comment_2395426

    That's EGC camping, and that's not a problem. The problem is a killer camping on first down, which leaves you with enough time to do either the gens or the totems, but likely not both. So if you take down all five totems, the killer gets to down someone else before gen 5 is done. If you finish all five gens, the killer then gets to have +4% movespeed and instadown and likely gets at least one other down, possibly more because they can just slug.

    and the killer gets next to no bp, probably not even a safety. You can't put in a system that can distinguish between camping to be a dick and camping because it's beneficial to your objective. They tried and survivors abused it. So it was removed. If you hate camping so much either

    • play with friends who are smart enough not to rush the hook.
    • Continue to punish killers for face camping by already mentioned. Eventually that killer will get the message "This isn't working. better try something else"
    • Last, the most effective way to make it so you never ever get camped. Play killer.


  • Camping is a symptom not a problem

  • @EvilJoshy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2395485#Comment_2395485

    and the killer gets next to no bp, probably not even a safety. You can't put in a system that can distinguish between camping to be a dick and camping because it's beneficial to your objective. They tried and survivors abused it. So it was removed. If you hate camping so much either

    • play with friends who are smart enough not to rush the hook.
    • Continue to punish killers for face camping by already mentioned. Eventually that killer will get the message "This isn't working. better try something else"
    • Last, the most effective way to make it so you never ever get camped. Play killer.

    'Survivors abused it!'

    Yeah, I heard that one before. They basically made things worse for themselves in order to force the killer not to camp.

    And we can't have anti-camping measures make camping non-viable.

    Also, you're not allowed to play with friends, forum killers whine about Swiffering all the time.

    Nor are you allowed to genrush, forum killers whine about that too.

    And playing killer is exactly what I've been doing. Doesn't change the fact that camping is hindering killers too. You know how people complain that gens go too fast for a 'fair' twelve hook play? Can't fix that when camping exists.

    'You can't put in a system that can distinguish between camping to be a dick and camping because it's beneficial to your objective.'

    Well according to camp-stans, there is no difference. And I can -still- see a solution: make the hook timer slow down based on the number of generators left to do. Without a base value, this'd deactivate itself when all five are done, and it scales proportional to the level of dickishness.

  • @tippy2k2 said:

    To me what can make it the most frustrating is that there is very little a solo player can do about it. While it's certainly not bullet proof for the SWF, it is FAR easier to coordinate rescuing someone being camped. Just another thing that SWF gives you an advantage to over solo.

    I am generally someone who will still try to grab the camped but it's amazing how often I'll go in for the unhook and get the killer to quasi-chase me and hit me, giving someone else a chance to grab the hooked but then nobody goes in for the save. They still just crouch nearby waiting for...a written invitation? I have no idea what the hell they're doing...

    Also, give the camped some G D points BHVR. At least make it bearable for them as they can at least score some BP for sitting there AND it'll give solo players a reason to stay hooked when they're being face camped. While I won't leave a game because I'm being face camped because I'm not a selfish jerk, a lot of solos will just kill themselves up there because they have no reason to waste four minutes of their life to help out three complete strangers trying to hammer gens as fast as humanly possible...

    This and also maybe stop punishing survivors by giving them negative altruism points for playing smart against a camping Bubba.

  • If the hooked survivor doesn't kill themselves on hook they should be given the average of their teammate's points that have been made up to that point. That's all I want.

  • If you don't think being camped by a bubba is a privilege then you're very ungrateful. ACEPPT HIS BLESSING! 😂😂

1 2 ›