Trickster is unbearably pointless.

Of all the killers released thus far, there’s no more blatantly obvious disregard for a console/controller players experience than Trickster.

I tried to give him another chance with the changes, but consistently landing knives is an infuriating experience. More often than not I’ve wasted all 44 knives without even having injured someone, let alone down them.

I’ve supported many design decisions in this game, but how they’ve allowed how difficult the recoil is to deal with on console is repugnant.

Comments

  • I've found that it is exceedingly difficult as well.

    Barrel-stuffing them seems to work decently well. Also, whenever they are locked into an animation.

  • They've constantly miss the mark with Trickster, he's supposed to be Spamming knifes not trick shotting wich is why touching the fire rate, the aim and number of knifes available has made him much weaker. It's meaningless if it takes 2 less knifes for a health state if you can't hit at all, don't even need to mention the faster Decay...

    They made Main Event more useful but then increase the number of hits required to fill the bar and reduce the number of total knives you have... He's two abilities are countering each other. The killer is a mess, he counters himself before survivors counter him. He only works for Camping right now which is what Survivors are complaining about...

    Another case of BHVR doing pretty good job.

  • @lemonsway said:

    They've constantly miss the mark with Trickster, he's supposed to be Spamming knifes not trick shotting wich is why touching the fire rate, the aim and number of knifes available has made him much weaker. It's meaningless if it takes 2 less knifes for a health state if you can't hit at all, don't even need to mention the faster Decay...

    They made Main Event more useful but then increase the number of hits required to fill the bar and reduce the number of total knives you have... He's two abilities are countering each other. The killer is a mess, he counters himself before survivors counter him. He only works for Camping right now which is what Survivors are complaining about...

    Another case of BHVR doing pretty good job.

    It makes me angry. Trickster may as well have been just a PC exclusive.

  • With his previous knife count it felt like you could just about make his power work on controller for a down, with the reduced number now he just feels pointless to play you have to be more accurate than is possible unless you're playing him like billy in which case you may as well just play billy and have 10x better map pressure and an instant down.

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2388748#Comment_2388748

    It makes me angry. Trickster may as well have been just a PC exclusive.

    The aiming is jank even on pc. They did something to it with this update.

  • I've never seen such an overlooked console port game

  • Trickster is so awful on console it's not even funny.

    I really tried to play him,because i like his design and power but damn.

    You either have high sensitivity and need to focus so damn much just to get a down or even an injure with his power or you play on low sensitivity to make aiming a bit better but now turning around feels awful.

    You just can't win with him.

    We really need proper controller settings but considering how it took BHVR 3 whole years just to double sensitivity we'll have to wait a bit longer

  • @OniWantsYourMacaroni said:

    Trickster is so awful on console it's not even funny.

    I really tried to play him,because i like his design and power but damn.

    You either have high sensitivity and need to focus so damn much just to get a down or even an injure with his power or you play on low sensitivity to make aiming a bit better but now turning around feels awful.

    You just can't win with him.

    We really need proper controller settings but considering how it took BHVR 3 whole years just to double sensitivity we'll have to wait a bit longer

    Sigh... I’m just so disappointed how inaccessible Trickster is. I love almost everything about this game. Sure I have my gripes about certain things being unbalanced. But that’s not the same thing as something (Trickster) being mechanically impossible to use.

  • @Pulsar said:

    I've found that it is exceedingly difficult as well.

    Barrel-stuffing them seems to work decently well. Also, whenever they are locked into an animation.

    What do you mean, he is like old legion you said. he has no counter-play and should be 100% auto winning every chase without any effort with an easy 4k.

    Oh right, the controller guy that has barely/never trickster with comments on trickster balance. of course

  • I said it on another post and I'll say it again. Trickster is by far the worst killer they've ever released when you consider controller gameplay. Makes me wonder if they have even TESTED it. It's not just the recoil, you can have a supernatural aim and you'll still miss most of your knives with Trickster because the aim settings in this game are nonexistent and the movements are not precise enough to keep up with a juking survivor. The only way to proper play Trickster is to carefully throw knife by knife, but at this point you might as well play Deathslinger and do instant damage.

    I made a post about this on the feedbacks section, but it seems nobody uses that forum section (that's probably why I see everybody posting it on the general discussions). Now that the game has basically 1/3 of the killers with some sort of ranged attack, it's time to give us controller players some advanced settings, like vertical and horizontal aim sensitivity, response curve type, deadzone settings and maybe even consider some sort of slight autoaim so at least we can keep up with PC players.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I've never seen such an overlooked console port game

    XCOM 2

  • @Devil_hit11 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2388744#Comment_2388744

    What do you mean, he is like old legion you said. he has no counter-play and should be 100% auto winning every chase without any effort with an easy 4k.

    Oh right, the controller guy that has barely/never trickster with comments on trickster balance. of course

    And again, I question whether or not you read my comments at all.

    I very clearly said he Isn't OP.

    He's unhealthy. The difference between him and Old Legion is that there isn't an exploit to make him good.

  • I hate trying to play him. Aiming when playing as ranged killers is just nasty in this game, the lack of controller settings is very noticeable. His recoil/spread makes him absolutely miserable on a controller.

    I wouldn't mind just running around hitting survivors with the bat (I like the way he twirls it after), but him being a 110% killer sorta ruins that.

  • As someone who plays FPS games with a controller and plays Trickster on PC with a mouse I can say that I feel you. There's no way I could have the same kind of control I do with my mouse when I play Trickster with a controller especially if going up against PC people who can make quicker movements. I give props to anyone that can play Trickster well on console/controller.

  • @Tricksters_Wife said:

    As someone who plays FPS games with a controller and plays Trickster on PC with a mouse I can say that I feel you. There's no way I could have the same kind of control I do with my mouse when I play Trickster with a controller especially if going up against PC people who can make quicker movements. I give props to anyone that can play Trickster well on console/controller.

    I don’t think those players exist.