The Spirit needs a serious visual design revision
The Spirit's visual design has, since her inception, severely irked me for what I feel should be obvious reasons. She's virtually nude, still very much recognisable as a young woman, her nudity is not appropriate to her lore, and the only available means of making her more clothed is to buy her most expensive cosmetic.
For greater clarity on my concerns, see this video.
I feel she needs a rework, as to expect everyone to play her with her current default appearance or shell out money to use her cosmetic is rather unacceptable. I enjoy playing Dead by Daylight and I want it to be as accessible to as many people as possible, but as she currently stands I can't in all seriousness say that how the Spirit looks is okay.
Comments
She brutalize people not the other way around! I know doesn't fit the narrative again my bad
The mention was not in reference to her being actively brutalised in her present state but, rather, the design decision of having her have been brutalised and then placing her into a violent context in nothing but the remains of her underwear.
It would seem you didn't listen very closely.
I no UnDeRsAnd y do u CaRE????
LOL SO OFFInDED!11!
No one else? Orion, possibly? Powerbat?
whistles
click click click
Come on. Don't be shy, I won't hurt you.
I'd especially appreciate azazer. I got my pimp hand ready for you, boy.
As many people as possible?
Then why change/remove her?
People who like skimpy spirit women won't come and play then.
You'd literally deny people because of what you want.
Unless you just dislike those kinds of people, in which case your entire point is nothing but an opinion, and i'll be thankful you're not in the developer team.
My wager in that regard is that "people who like skimpy spirit women" is a significantly smaller segment of the population to attract than "people put off by naked women characters shoehorned into video games" is to deter.
Maybe, idk about that and making a guess is kinda useless.
However, the difference is small enough for the developers to just not care.
The player count has, for a while now, raised its average amount of players by almost double the amount.
And events draw in a whole more like usual.
If there are people turned off by her appearance, backstory etc. so be it, i'm not here to change their choice.
I'm just saying, they'd need to have huge packs of people not wanting it to change this.
The people that stay silent are people who don't advocate change.
If they don't show they want to change what currently exists, which is The Spirit, they're passively accepting her.
Then I am simply one speaking up in favour of change.
"I want it to be as accessible to as many people as possible"
The game is Rated Mature, its not supposed to be accessible to minors.
That being said, if for some reason you don't have access to the game...simply
grow up....
You know if you're going to act cocky, you might as well tag them.
Don't worry... I'll do it for you since you suddenly forgot how after tagging me in a different thread.
Strange... it's almost like you enjoy talking ######### behind posters back.
Also op is an obnoxious SJW troll, he calls Freddy and Clown a Sexual predator.....
HE CALLED CLOWN A SEXUAL PREDATOR?!?!?!
A FICTIONAL CHARACTER WHO DISMEMBERS PEOPLE IN A CIRCUS.....NO WHERE IN HIS LORE DOES IT MENTION SEX....THE OP ASSUUUUMES THAT CLOWN IS A SEXUAL PREDATOR?!?!?!
Stop it op....get some help. And this is coming from a pig main, some of the most psychotic and methodical killers in this game.....get some help....
It doesn't but perverts are always trying to ruin things by sexualizing everything, its sick.
prepare for the ban hammer my brotha
i mean they could add more wraping around her just for the sake of people who think it is a little too revealing and to someone who doesnt play this like a parent who saw thier kid playing this and saw that they might not let them play anymore because of how revealing she is. kids can play this game too not just adults
Teenagers who partook in sex, alcohol and drugs were often the ones that were killed by the slasher whilst those who didn't were more likely to survive.
This is why the final girl archetype existed the girl who never actively got involved in drugs, drinking or sex.
Over the years as promiscuous teenagers became less of a moral outrage and more of a selling point they started to alter how sex is actually shown. This is much more noticeable if you compare older horror movies to newer ones you'll notice it's gone from simple making out and maybe mild clothed rubbing to full on tits and ass.
Correct, it's very much inherited the morality-policing aspect of most folklore. "Behave or the goblins will eat you" etc. have been a standard for centuries, but the interest in moral virtue as a means to salvation in horror legends had a huge boost when religion got a hold of it. This has then carried over into horror media today.
(F13 series, Nightmare on Elm Street and Texas Chainsaw Massacre sequels, Evil Dead etc.).
Most likely cause they atleast in part still tried to generate money out of infamy.
chuckle
I didn't think the tags would be necessary considering this thread has a whopping 5 pages already. This topic is where the buzz is. You can assume I'm a coward or maybe...you can assume I made a pretty reasonable guess that you'd be paying attention?
I didn't even have to get my pimp hand ready. Look at that. All that anger with no substance. It's beautiful. No attempt to actually address a point or form a structured argument. Speaking of which, did you know that the attitude you receive directly corresponds to the attitude that you come off with? It's crazy #########, huh?
@MandyTalk @Peanits Would you mind dealing with this very obvious flame bait thread please? Also to those threatening other users with the ban hammer just stop.
At least he’s capable of making characters out of others. A character not being specified as gay apparently causes the sky to fall. But exclusively for you as you try to make it everyone else’s problem.
This game is not for kids. It's explicitly rated as being not for kids, which means it's actually illegal to buy this game for a kid. So while I'm more or less on OP's side I feel the need to call out that line of thinking.
If you wanna change her current outfit to fit your standards, then stop playing because it shouldn't change just cause you dont like it.
If you want an optional cosmetic for free that is less revealing then i have no problem with that request.
I'll sprinkle a bit of love on this post.
It's not that difficult to be reasonable. :chuffed:
We are playing a game about humans trapped in a hellscape with murderous creatures and each game they are impaled on hooks or bled out through the use of chainsaws, hammers, knives and other utensils (Depicted quite graphically) Isn't our infatuation with virtual brutal murder a more relevant issue (as it applies to this game) than the killers' clothing?
And if female clothing is wrong, how would having a half nude male killer make it right? Does swinging the pendulum in the opposite direction make it right for you?
Jesus. Just play the game and make the social injustice arguments on a forum that might actually draw attention from folks who can make a change.
This is dead by daylight. Not the UN.
Yeah "inspiration", another hard word. If I inspire a lady magician to another that fully clothed I can make her semi nude if I want. I know not every body get what a designer or artist is sometimes but I was used to be a designer and if you get inspired of something doesn't mean you MUST follow exactly the trend, not at all. Like the gwynevere example, she should've not been in the game because unfit and too busty for the series by the author addictions but he accepted the DESIGNER work because he was so proud of it.
then if I can't change things if I get inspired by something this whole game shouldn't exist in the first place
Except this game is not for kids, and regardless of what SJWs, Wood-burrow Baptists, or corrupt chinese censorship regimes say.......
You shouldn't censor Mature content, from a game rated for Mature players.... <------ I want to bring special attention to Mature Players. As the mental maturity level of the OP, and some of these other posts rings of stunted growth. Its just common sense, if you aren't mature enough to handle a mature game... I recommend playing something else more suitable for children. I mean, its akin to going to some museum and the statue is of a nude cupid, and some dumbass kid says "TEHEE HEE YOU CAN SEE THAT STATUES....PENIS!" <----omg HE SAID PENIS! LOLOLOL PENIS AND SEX! LOLOL HE SAID SEX LOLOL! Like seriously grow up.
https://www.roblox.com/games/142823291/Murder-Mystery-2
I would recommend hello kitty, but that line is unrealistic. Roblox is a game for kids and all ages. Its wholesome good clean fun for all your friends and family. You can all join in on good christian fun. Where its never ok to be a meanie. And theres no such thing as death, just OOF sounds. And absolutely no cursing, and no blood, no sex, no nudity, and everyone is a lego man so no real violence! Roblox is a community full of children, so anyone with the maturity level of a teenager who is sensitive to dark topics or graphic content can play Roblox without fear of getting in trouble from their parents even if you're 35 years old and still living with your parents.
No seriously...if you lack the maturity level to handle all the content in this game, go play roblox...I'm serious...you'll have a much better time in life as it seems you are not yet ready to leave the nest.
I don't really know how to phrase it better than this. Here's my best shot.
Hey, guys! Did you know we live in a world where women get raped and assaulted on a pretty frequent basis? I know, it's nuts. Who would have thought? (I'm just using the super conservative estimate of 1 in 7 just so I don't trigger people. Sssh.
) Maybe that doesn't seem like a high enough number for you to care, so to put it in perspective, it means that there is almost a 100% probability that several people you know and love have been violated in a heinous way. Unless, of course, you just don't know any women or never come into contact with them.
Is it reasonable to assume then, that these 1/7 women who play dead by daylight, may have, say, I don't know, a high likelihood of being put off by a brutalized, near naked woman who's breasts are also cut? Not put off in a "Gosh, this is so scary kind of way." not even in a "Gosh, I am so offended, how DARE they have a character who shows any skin!" kind of way, but put off in a "Gosh, this is tapping into a great deal of emotional pain" sort of way? And if you do agree that is reasonable to assume, wouldn't the denial of a simple request to remedy that problem, such as a more fully clothed skin, make you a giant #########?
That's all.
Also if anyone is an angry lesbain @Wahara
it's me.
Let's do crimes together.
Enough.
OP, your feedback about clothing options for The Spirit has been passed along.
This thread is going down a road with a dead end sign.
Locking.