only 3.3% of everybody who played this game sacrificed 1K survivors (steam)
This means only 3.3% of the whole community actually played killer enough to kill 1000 survivors (on steam)
What should I/we think about this? this is so little compared for a game that has been active for 5 years, I do not remember when this archivement was introduced, if it was after a dlc or at launch, but only 3.3%, only 3.3% of all the steam players that ever played this game actually play killers a lot.
Comments
Only 51.4% of players on Steam have raised a character to level 10. Achievement stats are not a good example of the community because it doesn't account for players who booted up the game once and never again, or maybe played it for a few days with their friends, and it definitely doesn't account for activity ranges (which is why the more recent achievements get, the fewer percentage of players have them, despite the number of active players having them potentially being very high.)
Those stats include everyone who ever installed the game on a free weekend. Not great data.
It's kind of funny because killer starting out is easier to do. You don't start hitting moderate challenges til Rank 15 now I think?
If I had to guess it's because people wanna play the pretty survivor. Simple as.
I feel honored to finally be in a top percentile for the first and last time in my life.
Sacrificing one-thousand Survivors is, for many folk, a task that requires a resilient and addicted player or a sociopath with no communications outside of a game. I'm glad that number is diminishing. Also, not a great data source you picked.
I ran into a someone telling me how to play killer yesterday and looked at their profile. They had 2000 hours in the game with 44 kills under their belt..... How tf do you reach 2000 hours and not have even the 100 kills achievement?
It's a lot more common than you think. Some people only play survivor, usually with a friend group. You can't play with your friends as killer so they never do so.
Got to have thick skin to deal with all the salt in order to reach that.
Personally I find sacrificing the most tedious aspect of killer, so I prefer to keep kills for myself and let the entity get it's offerings elsewhere.
The only conclusion I'd draw is that alot of people 1. loaded into the game once but never played it 2. played few matches and then never touched it again or 3. are new players that haven't played enough to earn trophies. On ps4 10.7% of killers sacrificed 100 survivors while 15.9% of survivors escaped 50 times - this just means those players stuck with DBD long enough to get the trophies, that's it.
One thing the Steam achievements have taught me is that a lot of people who buy a game don't play it, or play for a few hours and quit. On the one hand, that's kind of a bummer but, on the other hand... I definitely have games in my library that I got on sale and didn't play.
Aside from Steam achievements being unreliable for stats for various reasons, 1,000 kills does take a long time. It takes at least 250 games as a killer to get 1,000 kills and that is only if you are getting a 4K every single game, which no one is going to do. So it makes sense that many people don't have it.
Cleanse 100 hex totems and sabotage 50 hooks are also only at about 4 and 5%, jump to victory (not sure if this is the correct name) is only at 10%.
1k sacrifices takea alot of time tho, at this points they are already red ranks against good players.
As others have said, Achievements are not really a reliable source. And the more you play a game, the less likely it is that people have some Achievements, especially those which are based on time.
As an example, since I noticed it during one of my Dark Souls 2-Runs:
Self Recollection-Achievement (Creating a Character)-->99,18%
Welcome to Dark Souls (dying for the first time)-->97,13%
Last Giant (defeat the first Boss)-->73,67%
Like, those are basically the first three Achievements to get, and already the second one I posted has 2% less than the first one. So this either means that those 2% never died, OR that they created a Character and were like "Woah, great game, I will never touch it again!"... Second is more likely.
And the first Boss got only defeated by 3/4 of the players. And the more you go into the game, the less people achieved those Achievements.
Same with DBD - Achievements which take time (like getting 1000 Kills) will get more rare over time. At the very least, you have to play 250 games, which would already equal to like 40 hours? And this only when you get 4Ks every game, if we consider 2Ks, you would need already 80 hours to complete that. And this is only real-playtime, not Lobby Wait time, etc...
So someone who touches the game briefly will not have those Achievements. This does not mean that the DBD community consists of 97% of Survivor Mains who never touch Killer...
1000 is a pretty big number
That's 250 perfect matches
Let's say an avarage of 10 minutes per match that's 2500 minutes or 41 hours and 40 minutes of killer alone. Game time, not spend in lobbies
It takes like 85 pips to get to rank 1 so if you did this then you would be rank 1 about a third/ fourth of the way till you get 1000 sacrifices
A fifth if you only get merciless killer.
It's really not surprising not a lot of people have this
1 % Represent!
fair enough