Trapper is too add-on reliant to be enjoyable. (please make the bag base-kit)
Clown and Twins are nowhere near the worst killers in the game. Clown has a powerful chase, Twins has solid snowball potential along with map pressure.
Why twins? They are quite strong if played correctly and bring a lot more to the table than the other options
Because I almost never see them played correctly. Once in a great while I will come across a good twins player. Usually, they’re used as a camping double act, or the player puts Charlotte so far away from Victor that they never get any hooks.
It used to be trickster but from what I've seen from ptb they might go all the way up to B tier.
I used think legion deserved that spot since they can't down with their power but they can pressure multiple people at once and keep them injured which while not amazing is definitely not the worst.
I really think it's Trapper now because it takes forever to setup the survivors can deactivate your power, you have to go around getting traps and resetting them and it all wastes time. This makes the only actually powerful way to play trapper a basement build which isn't consistent and kinda boring so I think Trapper is easily the weakest most inconsistent killer in the game.
I havent played anyone on the list but Trapper, so I can't vote since I dont think Trapper is the worst of the few I play.
In order of best to worst that I've experienced, despite only playing about 100 games or so now:
Wraith
Trapper
Huntress
Oni
Nurse
Nurse is just... to high of a skill threshold for me to get a handle on. If her Blink didnt cause Fatigue after the first cast with NO chain follow up, resulting in a longer CD as well, then I'd be more willing to play her. Otherwise, yeuch.
I want to learn reasons why certain killers are considered bad.
You left out the actual worst, Plague. No other killer gives you full heals all over the map. No other killer has to work so hard to power up with such a huge detriment. Plague is mechanically the absolute worst killer.
The pig is one of them because she crouches and somehow when she ambushes the speed isn’t that high enough. She needs a Power Buff and a higher ambush speed.
You left out the actual worst, Plague. No other killer gives you full heals all over the map. No other killer has to work so hard to power up with such a huge detriment. Plague is mechanically the absolute worst killer.
But the plague changes the entire match you play, yeah she isn't the best but no where close to the worse. If only one survivor cleanses then that's at least a couple downs. And if no survivors cleanses then if there medkits won't do them any good; self-care and other perks that have to do with healing are instantly unusable and she gets one free corrupt purge. So that makes her pretty good good in my opinion.
But the plague changes the entire match you play, yeah she isn't the best but no where close to the worse. If only one survivor cleanses then that's at least a couple downs. And if no survivors cleanses then if there medkits won't do them any good; self-care and other perks that have to do with healing are instantly unusable and she gets one free corrupt purge. So that makes her pretty good good in my opinion.
That's the point. Since she came out I've never once played a match where someone said, 'Sure, I'll play with No Mither just because the killer wants me to.' They always use the pools. If they're smart sometimes not right away, but it is always available, and it takes about 1/10th the time to use a pool as it would to heal with self care. Plus, they are everywhere. The killer has to be pretty good at aiming to even hit once with the damage shot, which is the only benefit from all of that downside. Definitely the worst killer in the game.
To say the Plague nullifies all healing perks tells me you need to rethink this. The Plague hands everyone that was even slightly concerned about healing the fastest healing device in the game, and also gives that same healing benefit to everyone that wasn't prepared to heal themselves at all.
All the killers on this list of 'worst' are better. Legion sees everyone on the map, and Legion and Pig both give survivors secondary objectives that keep them VERY busy (mending/traps). Myers downs everyone easily one after another. Trickster is a machine gunner that basically has Plague's damage with better aim all of the time. Trapper takes some work but is pretty easy for anyone that knows how to trap a building/shack. Finally, the Twins, which I don't know enough about to comment on. They don't give the survivors insta-heal pools every five steps though, so they aren't as bad as Plague right away.
Basekit Trapper doesn't have a power for 80% of the match. His power is practically nullified on indoor maps or maps with poor grass placement (which is a lot of maps recently). With the right add-ons, he can be pretty strong, but needing to take up a slot just to have any power at all is not a good design.
While yes they do fine in Solo Q but all killers can. I’m based of the survivors are competent they don’t go down immediately but they don’t loop for 5. Then Legion is the worst survivor basics hurt them worst then any killer with no way to down survivors
trapper is an ancient killer desperately in need of a rework, the only reason I think hes not the worst is because, like pig, with some good luck he can do well. Unlike legion who sucks all the time no matter what and there's nothing you can do to improve it
Anyone answering the twins is actually insane or far too attached to some made up honor rules.
Twins are gods of camping, and slugging which is pretty much the strongest 2 tactics besides tunelling. Yeah they're not pulling blight/nurse/spirit tier plays but they're still very strong and FAR from the weakest
That's the point. Since she came out I've never once played a match where someone said, 'Sure, I'll play with No Mither just because the killer wants me to.' They always use the pools. If they're smart sometimes not right away, but it is always available, and it takes about 1/10th the time to use a pool as it would to heal with self care. Plus, they are everywhere. The killer has to be pretty good at aiming to even hit once with the damage shot, which is the only benefit from all of that downside. Definitely the worst killer in the game.
To say the Plague nullifies all healing perks tells me you need to rethink this. The Plague hands everyone that was even slightly concerned about healing the fastest healing device in the game, and also gives that same healing benefit to everyone that wasn't prepared to heal themselves at all.
All the killers on this list of 'worst' are better. Legion sees everyone on the map, and Legion and Pig both give survivors secondary objectives that keep them VERY busy (mending/traps). Myers downs everyone easily one after another. Trickster is a machine gunner that basically has Plague's damage with better aim all of the time. Trapper takes some work but is pretty easy for anyone that knows how to trap a building/shack. Finally, the Twins, which I don't know enough about to comment on. They don't give the survivors insta-heal pools every five steps though, so they aren't as bad as Plague right away.
Yeah, but if you use that "insta heal" gives her access to an almost instant down. Only one drop can take you down one state and you can cover such a large if you charge it up for a second. That instant full heath state doesn't matter if her ability can down super easily.
It's not that the killer is bad, but having to find the traps one by one and placing them in certains spots, hoping for survivors to step on them and if they do or if the disarm the traps, having to place them again by going to where they were, takes a lot of time. The Hag does a much better job at this, so I wish there was a simpler way for the Trapper too.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
I think The Doctor.
That’s a new one for me. What makes you say the doc is the worst? I’m not arguing; I just always saw him as mediocre myself.
I think the clown is fine. He’s a C-Tier killer doing his C-tier best.
Trapper is too add-on reliant to be enjoyable. (please make the bag base-kit)
Clown and Twins are nowhere near the worst killers in the game. Clown has a powerful chase, Twins has solid snowball potential along with map pressure.
Why twins? They are quite strong if played correctly and bring a lot more to the table than the other options
Pig's power is too RNG to be reliable and her Ambush Attack doesn't really do anything to help.
Trapper is worst but Pig is also bad.
Also Twins in the poll? Top 5 killer.
Because I almost never see them played correctly. Once in a great while I will come across a good twins player. Usually, they’re used as a camping double act, or the player puts Charlotte so far away from Victor that they never get any hooks.
I would have said the trickster pre-buffed ptb. But after the ptb test he will be usable, at least A or B level.
It used to be trickster but from what I've seen from ptb they might go all the way up to B tier.
I used think legion deserved that spot since they can't down with their power but they can pressure multiple people at once and keep them injured which while not amazing is definitely not the worst.
I really think it's Trapper now because it takes forever to setup the survivors can deactivate your power, you have to go around getting traps and resetting them and it all wastes time. This makes the only actually powerful way to play trapper a basement build which isn't consistent and kinda boring so I think Trapper is easily the weakest most inconsistent killer in the game.
I havent played anyone on the list but Trapper, so I can't vote since I dont think Trapper is the worst of the few I play.
In order of best to worst that I've experienced, despite only playing about 100 games or so now:
Nurse is just... to high of a skill threshold for me to get a handle on. If her Blink didnt cause Fatigue after the first cast with NO chain follow up, resulting in a longer CD as well, then I'd be more willing to play her. Otherwise, yeuch.
You left out the actual worst, Plague. No other killer gives you full heals all over the map. No other killer has to work so hard to power up with such a huge detriment. Plague is mechanically the absolute worst killer.
The pig is one of them because she crouches and somehow when she ambushes the speed isn’t that high enough. She needs a Power Buff and a higher ambush speed.
Awful power and spine chill ruins this trainwreck even more
But the plague changes the entire match you play, yeah she isn't the best but no where close to the worse. If only one survivor cleanses then that's at least a couple downs. And if no survivors cleanses then if there medkits won't do them any good; self-care and other perks that have to do with healing are instantly unusable and she gets one free corrupt purge. So that makes her pretty good good in my opinion.
That's the point. Since she came out I've never once played a match where someone said, 'Sure, I'll play with No Mither just because the killer wants me to.' They always use the pools. If they're smart sometimes not right away, but it is always available, and it takes about 1/10th the time to use a pool as it would to heal with self care. Plus, they are everywhere. The killer has to be pretty good at aiming to even hit once with the damage shot, which is the only benefit from all of that downside. Definitely the worst killer in the game.
To say the Plague nullifies all healing perks tells me you need to rethink this. The Plague hands everyone that was even slightly concerned about healing the fastest healing device in the game, and also gives that same healing benefit to everyone that wasn't prepared to heal themselves at all.
All the killers on this list of 'worst' are better. Legion sees everyone on the map, and Legion and Pig both give survivors secondary objectives that keep them VERY busy (mending/traps). Myers downs everyone easily one after another. Trickster is a machine gunner that basically has Plague's damage with better aim all of the time. Trapper takes some work but is pretty easy for anyone that knows how to trap a building/shack. Finally, the Twins, which I don't know enough about to comment on. They don't give the survivors insta-heal pools every five steps though, so they aren't as bad as Plague right away.
Basekit Trapper doesn't have a power for 80% of the match. His power is practically nullified on indoor maps or maps with poor grass placement (which is a lot of maps recently). With the right add-ons, he can be pretty strong, but needing to take up a slot just to have any power at all is not a good design.
While yes they do fine in Solo Q but all killers can. I’m based of the survivors are competent they don’t go down immediately but they don’t loop for 5. Then Legion is the worst survivor basics hurt them worst then any killer with no way to down survivors
I think his power is just a little weak.
The worst thing about his power is that survivors with calm spirit can't be detected.
If you shock a survivor next to a pallet, they can't vault it for a little too short in my opinion.
trapper is an ancient killer desperately in need of a rework, the only reason I think hes not the worst is because, like pig, with some good luck he can do well. Unlike legion who sucks all the time no matter what and there's nothing you can do to improve it
legion and spirit
I don't even find trapper fun on either side,
Survivor is staring at the ground hoping you don't step in a trap or take a trapped vault/patch of grass.
Killer is losing 3-4 gens then hoping you don't get all your traps disarmed. Half the time your just machete man twoards the end of it.
Anyone answering the twins is actually insane or far too attached to some made up honor rules.
Twins are gods of camping, and slugging which is pretty much the strongest 2 tactics besides tunelling. Yeah they're not pulling blight/nurse/spirit tier plays but they're still very strong and FAR from the weakest
Slug and camp those survivors.
Why are the twins even an option?
Yeah, but if you use that "insta heal" gives her access to an almost instant down. Only one drop can take you down one state and you can cover such a large if you charge it up for a second. That instant full heath state doesn't matter if her ability can down super easily.
It's not that the killer is bad, but having to find the traps one by one and placing them in certains spots, hoping for survivors to step on them and if they do or if the disarm the traps, having to place them again by going to where they were, takes a lot of time. The Hag does a much better job at this, so I wish there was a simpler way for the Trapper too.