People are saying Ruin + Undying is a not required to win but my recent matches says otherwise.
It's the weekend for me and I shot through Rank 1 pretty fast after rank reset about 3 days. So I'm running this build just to have fun with no sweat with my Bamboozle, BBQ&Chili , Enduring and Spirit Fury and I have just been getting SWF after SWF who just holds M1 all day or just Keys outs the second they spawn.
My Avg matches with this build in my Billy last only about 5 minutes with survivors spamming [CTRL] at Exit gates. Again I am playing with no camping, tunneling or even slugging and I just want to have fun but if its like this Imma just go ahead and main Twins.
Me trying to have fun with no Gen Regression and Sweating results:
With people just obliterating Gens in 5 Minutes + the coordinated gameplay, I don't think any Killer would have fun here(IMO).
I gave up on Billy with no Gen Regression and Sweat and just straight upped just played Twins instead.
I'm having more fun playing Twins like this (Build is Undying, Ruin, BBQ&Chili and Corrupt).
Ruin and Undying is the mandatory here to Win.
Even with Spirits and Nurse when I'm playing as a solo rank 3. We just go hold M1 all day and eventually in 5 mins we're in the exit gates.
I wish as a Killer I can have fun and win without Sweating and Gen Regressing perks someday.


Comments
You don't need Ruin Undying to win but it is a gigantic boost in winnability.
Even just Ruin greatly increases your chances of 4King, using both perks increases your chances of winning and killing lots of survivors exponentially.
I’m rank 3 and I just obliterated a team of rank 1 & 2’s using Wraith with Blood Hound, Predator, Shadowborn, and Coup De Grâce.
It is indeed possible to play, and win, without Ruin + Undying.
If you aren't able to get a single kill without slowdown at all that's a bad sign.
I don't mean to be mean, perhaps those survivors were really good and got a survivor sided map. But I really see no excuse why a killer can't secure a single kill without slowdown. Especially on Billy who is still relatively decent, with an anti loop build and bbq to optimise time.
I've been running zero regression, just Corrupt and Pursuer for early game on Nemesis and been doing decently even against pretty good teams. Some matches swing my way others don't.
I think the game is more fun without slowdown honestly, even if sweat squads can just decimate you.
There is a reason as to why chase/second chance perks are meta for survivors and regression/slowdown is meta for killers and not otherwise.
If a survivor DS you/SB away and manages to stay alive for 20 seconds more, that's 3 other survivors with a total of 60 seconds uninterrupted progress. In the meantime, regression/slowdown just buys the killer enough time to deplete the map resources/item charges.
You need to be a very experienced killer to play without those and, preferably, use a killer that can snowball hard like Oni or Nurse. Another option is to use something that will undeniably take priority over gens for survivors, the best alternative being a 3 stack Devour Hope.
It isn't required, but it does help immensely. There is a reason it is a meta perk combo. However, if you are good with basic killer mechanics and mind games, you should be able to secure a kill or two or three or four.
I don't get your post at all. You sweat your way until rank 1 and only started using chill builds once you got there? When survivors are supposed to be stronger when you get to the highest rank?
Next rank reset you can try playing with chill builds all the time, so you don't get too many strong squads. Or just keep playing with the chill build until you derank naturally. Spamming Twins with 3 slowdown perks will only help in keeping you with the sweaty survivors, especially when MMR goes live.
It depends on your definition of win.
I didn't get a single kill because I was going for 12 hooks. I hook someone I immediately leave the hook without checking and go for someone I see on BBQ. If I found a Previously hooked survivors without hooking another one, I try to ignore. Basically I meant No Sweat = Playing by the Surv rule book, Which is stupid if I look back at it now...
It's a simple math problem. It's why everyone universally agrees survivors are favored at the higher tiers of skill. Tell me how long you think it should take a good killer to find and down a survivor at the start of the game. Gens take 80 seconds solo to complete, if all 4 survivors are great then at the start of the game there should always be 3 gens popping by the time the first chase is completed. A map with all resources available should be able to easily be chained especially with dead hard to last at -LEAST- 50 seconds, possibly even more if there's a very strong tile in the chain. So the killer finally manages to down and hook someone and 3 gens pop, the killer is 1/12 of the way to his objective while survivors are 3/5 done. Should the killer proxy camp his hook or go wander off? If the killer does go wander off to pressure other gens the survivor on hook should be able to be saved easily and if the person saving is running some healing related perk then odds are the heal will be done very very quickly. Now let's say the killer is in their second chase, how many seconds have gone by?
No MMR coupled with secondary objectives that contribute nothing to the primary hides how broken DBD is very, very well. How many survivors load into the game with specific purposes? 'Im a chest rummage build, I'm not touching a gen until I see if theres a skeleton key in a chest'. 'I'm going to cleanse all dull totems just in case of noed'. 'I'm going to sabo/flashlight the killer'. Then there are survivor players who have no idea how to take advantage of the tools they are given, people who get hit once and then get hit again in < 5 seconds. Literally holding 'w' and doing nothing else will get you more time than that. These players slow the game down more than any gen regression perk a killer has available.
You need some kind of slowdown to deal with good teams, but it doesn't have to be Ruin/Undying and it doesn't have to be much.
However, normally you need slowdown to ensure that a trial lasts at least 4 minutes, which may not be fun but it's certainly balanced. Unfortunately.
That's fair. I do the same. Don't like to hook the same player twice in a row, etc. But playing no sweat isn't really going for 12 hooks. 12 hooks is supposed to be an extreme exception in balanced matches. 5-8 hooks should be the average for a decently fair match without stacked slowdowns on killer or stypics and stuff on survivor
I don't think solo gen speeds are a problem, I think speed boosts aswell as survivors spawning split up near different gens are the problem. Even the best survivor in the world can't keep a chase going without pallets or vaults. Maps are the problem in chases, too many strong linked tiles.
Agreed, but the problem then becomes if you make tiles that much weaker, survivors who don't understand how to loop well(knowledge of what tiles even are, knowledge of turning tighter than the killer is able to, knowledge of when to look back, knowledge of running exhaustion perks, etc.) will be absolutely demolished by making the maps weaker. It's a very difficult problem to solve
I used to play with gen def alot, but kinda stopped since RUIN was changed. For me it's to RNG-based and Undying made it even worse as you can end up very early with only 2 perks left. And in the best case the hexes already did some dmg. Also "winning" with alot of gen defense doesn't feel as satisfying for me. Many killers forget how slugging and snowballing is still the strongest strat if you really want to "win" the majority of your matches. If you don't do that survs will dictate the game, depended on how good and eficient they are.
The same survivors who say you don't need ruin and undying are the ones who bring iron will/dh/unbreakable/ds every game
yeah im sorry but 4 man slugging makes me think less of you as a player especially at 3 gens
It's a comparison of my results of just trying to have fun by not sweating(following the survivor rule book) and me going full on sweat with Twins. The latter which is which I have more fun.
I mean that's cool but players like you are the reason people insta DC against twins and frankly I don't blame or shame them for it.
I have never used that combo and I’ve never had issues aside from the random bad map RNG (depending on which killer I’m playing).
In fact I much rather bring Corrupt because It guarantees that I will get at least two hooks before it’s up, and thus have a little bit of pressure before they can start working on those gens.
I mean, there is a pretty huge gulf between playing in an extremely forgiving way with no slowdown at all, and running tons of slowdown and slugging everyone to death. You could go for, like, a bit of slowdown and some mild slugging here and there, or just adjust your playstyle to how the match goes. It doesn’t have to be all or nothing.
Another problem is that a lot of newer killers outright counter pallets. So you'd be making them even stronger.
At this point in the games life I think theres just too much that'd have to be rebuilt/rethought that it'll never be fixed.