Why isn't profanity filter on toggle setting.

I get that some words should be taboo'd of course, BUut now that you actually look at how strict this filter is omg.

Why are we all forced to talk like some little kids cuz someone want's to talk smack but can't take the heat.

I don't get "triggered" by swears and what have you, that was never the issue for me when they should have implemented this. Like the N word and F word alike should be banned.

All im saying is i should be given the choice not forced cuz of someone else's outcry

Comments

  • @SasukeKun said:

    I get that some words should be taboo'd of course, BUut now that you actually look at how strict this filter is omg.

    Why are we all forced to talk like some little kids cuz someone want's to talk smack but can't take the heat.

    I don't get "triggered" by swears and what have you, that was never the issue for me when they should have implemented this. Like the N word and F word alike should be banned.

    All im saying is i should be given the choice not forced cuz of someone else's outcry

    Because big brother BHVR knows what's best for you, just shush, don't question their wisdom you silly, weak minded child.

  • @HollowsGrief said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/266550/why-isnt-profanity-filter-on-toggle-setting

    Because big brother BHVR knows what's best for you, just shush, don't question their wisdom you silly, weak minded child.

    but but step bro

  • I can't believe that player typed that word in chat. Oh noes.

    b07.jpg

    Canada halp

  • It discourages people from talking in the endgame chat I noticed.

    And for one I am happy to see that. I don't wanna hear their excuses as to why they got 4-genned on Lery's against a Huntress.

  • To protect all the 12yo that are playing this game lately I guess

  • Another question: is there any kind of necessity to talk smack? Is this some kind of basic need for people? An ego boost for people that win or don't like to lose in a video game?

  • @burt0r said:

    Another question: is there any kind of necessity to talk smack? Is this some kind of basic need for people? An ego boost for people that win or don't like to lose in a video game?

    Serious answer: Tilting your opponent or taunting them can upset them and make them play worse, netting you an overall advantage. When gaming was a niche hobby til about late 90s early 00s and we were playing Quake deathmatches or Team Fortress 2 taunts were actual things you could do in games. The tradition is still kept as a joke in some first person shooters nowadays in the form of dances. It's an inoffensive shell of what it used to be.

    Meme answer:

    Ye lol

  • @burt0r said:

    Another question: is there any kind of necessity to talk smack? Is this some kind of basic need for people? An ego boost for people that win or don't like to lose in a video game?

    You're asking a question that's been around since the dawn of existence for this stuff

  • @SasukeKun said:

    I get that some words should be taboo'd of course, BUut now that you actually look at how strict this filter is omg.

    Why are we all forced to talk like some little kids cuz someone want's to talk smack but can't take the heat.

    I don't get "triggered" by swears and what have you, that was never the issue for me when they should have implemented this. Like the N word and F word alike should be banned.

    All im saying is i should be given the choice not forced cuz of someone else's outcry

    They are a Canadian company.


    Canada has laws on the books that means the police can fine and/or arrest you if you say mean things on the internet.


    What do you expect, it would be normal for them to force a filter on you.

  • @Reinami said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/266550/why-isnt-profanity-filter-on-toggle-setting

    They are a Canadian company.

    Canada has laws on the books that means the police can fine and/or arrest you if you say mean things on the internet.

    What do you expect, it would be normal for them to force a filter on you.

    Wait, they do?

    Because looking into it I don't find any "profanity fillter" law.

  • @DelsKibara said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2364344#Comment_2364344

    Wait, they do?

    Because looking into it I don't find any "profanity fillter" law.

    By "mean things", they mean "hate speech". Always assume "mean things" in that context means "hate speech" or "harassment". It's very typical to downplay what's actually being banned to make it seem ridiculous.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2364373#Comment_2364373

    By "mean things", they mean "hate speech". Always assume "mean things" in that context means "hate speech" or "harassment". It's very typical to downplay what's actually being banned to make it seem ridiculous.

    except for the part where bhvr's chat filter is one of the worse most nonsensical ones I've ever seen. Names of killers and survivors are sometimes censored and its not even consistent, I assume it's attempting to guess at intent but its absolutely god awful. So why not at least add an on/off feature for the people who don't mind seeing some profanity. Im an adult I dont need some company telling me I cant say damn in a game where I murder people by offering them to some eldritch deity.

  • @gilgamer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2364375#Comment_2364375

    except for the part where bhvr's chat filter is one of the worse most nonsensical ones I've ever seen. Names of killers and survivors are sometimes censored and its not even consistent, I assume it's attempting to guess at intent but its absolutely god awful. So why not at least add an on/off feature for the people who don't mind seeing some profanity. Im an adult I dont need some company telling me I cant say damn in a game where I murder people by offering them to some eldritch deity.

    so many childish things are censored for no reason

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2364373#Comment_2364373

    By "mean things", they mean "hate speech". Always assume "mean things" in that context means "hate speech" or "harassment". It's very typical to downplay what's actually being banned to make it seem ridiculous.

    I'm not about to get into a political debate as it is extremely off topic, so this will be all i'll say on the subject. Sure, define it as you want. But someone has to define it. This is the problem with these types of laws, what happens when someone abuses it and defines things like "criticizing a politician" as hate speech? All i can say is, glad i live in America.


    At this point i'm disengaging from this topic because it isn't the point of this thread so i won't be replying to anything else related to this.