I know I would. Regardless of the crap they get this company is far better than many many other companies I know out there. I mean I know people like to complain but it's gotta be an awesome company to work for.
I know I would. Regardless of the crap they get this company is far better than many many other companies I know out there. I mean I know people like to complain but it's gotta be an awesome company to work for.
I work in aerospace manufacturing and have been focused on Continous Improvement.
I feel BHVR has waste in their processes (specifically in the chain of command based on Dowsey's video regards to the boycott)
I would love to even get there ans untangle everything, eliminate their waste and help.
Yeah, um, looking at their track record... I'd say they need more coders personally. Balancing team also needs replacements if anything, not newer people.
You're ignorant of how their company structure is right now. Their balancing team is fine. The thing is, the balancing team makes changes, shows intended changes to the people who are in charge of how the game looks, and if those changes dont fit according to the head group, they wont pass.
So looking at their track record is just seeing the changes that did come through, it doesnt show the list of suggested changes. Almo being the head of design doesnt mean he is the head of what changes go through, he's just the one who presents the changes to the higher ups.
Besides, most perks are fine, if not great. The problem is maps and their layouts and killers being unable to use their power with the layouts(ignoring animations that guarantee hits, like vaults). Heck, a lot of 1v1 killers are far too powerful for public lobbies, but weak AF in comp, where 1v4 killers tend to be powerful in comp, but not always as powerful in publics(legion performs better in comp than wraith, for example, people love to say that Trapper, Legion, Clown and Trickster are the worst 4 killers, but dont realize that those killers perform better than Wraith in comp).
I would like for you to know that absolutely nobody, and I do mean absolutely nobody, is a 100% waste of space. Including you. Just because you may not realise it, doesn't mean other people don't, and you are absolutely 100% worth it and valued so don't you dare spiral down that hole any further.
It's so hypocritical coming from me but keep fighting. You're so much stronger than you realise and you can 100% pull through anything. You've survived 100% of your worst days thusfar.
You are not a waste of space.
You’re an Angel. Thank you for brightening my day<3
I would like for you to know that absolutely nobody, and I do mean absolutely nobody, is a 100% waste of space. Including you. Just because you may not realise it, doesn't mean other people don't, and you are absolutely 100% worth it and valued so don't you dare spiral down that hole any further.
It's so hypocritical coming from me but keep fighting. You're so much stronger than you realise and you can 100% pull through anything. You've survived 100% of your worst days thusfar.
You are not a waste of space.
Out of curiosity, would you say the same thing to me?
Not trying to start a fight or anything, actually interested in what you'd say.
You're ignorant of how their company structure is right now. Their balancing team is fine. The thing is, the balancing team makes changes, shows intended changes to the people who are in charge of how the game looks, and if those changes dont fit according to the head group, they wont pass.
So looking at their track record is just seeing the changes that did come through, it doesnt show the list of suggested changes. Almo being the head of design doesnt mean he is the head of what changes go through, he's just the one who presents the changes to the higher ups.
Besides, most perks are fine, if not great. The problem is maps and their layouts and killers being unable to use their power with the layouts(ignoring animations that guarantee hits, like vaults). Heck, a lot of 1v1 killers are far too powerful for public lobbies, but weak AF in comp, where 1v4 killers tend to be powerful in comp, but not always as powerful in publics(legion performs better in comp than wraith, for example, people love to say that Trapper, Legion, Clown and Trickster are the worst 4 killers, but dont realize that those killers perform better than Wraith in comp).
Mind if I ask how you came across this information?
"Most perks are fine" I'm sorry but I can't agree with this in the slightest, and I'm also sorry to say that this type of view shouldn't be allowed on the balancing team. A major issue with DBD amongst others is useless perks. The Survivor meta has been fairly stagnant, only really changing in rare cases like DS.
Mind if I ask how you came across this information?
"Most perks are fine" I'm sorry but I can't agree with this in the slightest, and I'm also sorry to say that this type of view shouldn't be allowed on the balancing team. A major issue with DBD amongst others is useless perks. The Survivor meta has been fairly stagnant, only really changing in rare cases like DS.
Dowsey being one of the sources confirming their inner structure.
And yeah, most perks ARE fine. The reason they dont seem fine is because of the meta that has been created over time. Survivors "need" their meta perks to combat killer meta perks, and killers "need" their meta perks because they cannot rely on RNG to be in their favor that they hook quick enough to slow down gens, and thus are forced to slow down gens through perks instead.
If you're able to hook quick enough to slow down gens, you'd be surprised how many perks are actually quite amazing(and the perks that ARE bad cannot be buffed in their current state without being massively overpowered in the current state of public survivor matches, aka, you cannot buff those perks unless survivors also recieve a ping system. But a ping system would make a quarter of survivor perks useless, so all those perks would need to change before a ping system can be implemented, meaning you cannot buff Gearhead untill Buckle Up is changed first).
The main issue is map balance right now, not perk balance. Heck, you could absolutely gut the current killer meta perks if maps were faster to traverse.
We do have remote workers within the Community Team - I'm based in the UK for example and we have regional Community Managers who are also based remotely.
Honestly they are a great company to work for and there's a massive variety of jobs, it's not just game designers.
Definitely, I've got a ton of ideas for stuff I'd like to add to the game. Is any of it good? The majority probably not, but that's why their is a team of idea people.
Out of curiosity, would you say the same thing to me?
Not trying to start a fight or anything, actually interested in what you'd say.
Like I said in my comment, absolutely nobody is a waste of space and no matter my personal feelings towards a person absolutely nobody deserves to go through that
I would literally do everything in my power to make this game as stable as possible for everyone’s enjoyment and mine. Too bad I don’t know how to fix bugs /:
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
I work in aerospace manufacturing and have been focused on Continous Improvement.
I feel BHVR has waste in their processes (specifically in the chain of command based on Dowsey's video regards to the boycott)
I would love to even get there ans untangle everything, eliminate their waste and help.
You're ignorant of how their company structure is right now. Their balancing team is fine. The thing is, the balancing team makes changes, shows intended changes to the people who are in charge of how the game looks, and if those changes dont fit according to the head group, they wont pass.
So looking at their track record is just seeing the changes that did come through, it doesnt show the list of suggested changes. Almo being the head of design doesnt mean he is the head of what changes go through, he's just the one who presents the changes to the higher ups.
Besides, most perks are fine, if not great. The problem is maps and their layouts and killers being unable to use their power with the layouts(ignoring animations that guarantee hits, like vaults). Heck, a lot of 1v1 killers are far too powerful for public lobbies, but weak AF in comp, where 1v4 killers tend to be powerful in comp, but not always as powerful in publics(legion performs better in comp than wraith, for example, people love to say that Trapper, Legion, Clown and Trickster are the worst 4 killers, but dont realize that those killers perform better than Wraith in comp).
You’re an Angel. Thank you for brightening my day<3
Out of curiosity, would you say the same thing to me?
Not trying to start a fight or anything, actually interested in what you'd say.
Mind if I ask how you came across this information?
"Most perks are fine" I'm sorry but I can't agree with this in the slightest, and I'm also sorry to say that this type of view shouldn't be allowed on the balancing team. A major issue with DBD amongst others is useless perks. The Survivor meta has been fairly stagnant, only really changing in rare cases like DS.
If working for then means playing the game testing stuff and all yeah sure.
If working for the means coding and creating new stuff no because i would get burned out of the game and not enjoy playing it anymore.
Dowsey being one of the sources confirming their inner structure.
And yeah, most perks ARE fine. The reason they dont seem fine is because of the meta that has been created over time. Survivors "need" their meta perks to combat killer meta perks, and killers "need" their meta perks because they cannot rely on RNG to be in their favor that they hook quick enough to slow down gens, and thus are forced to slow down gens through perks instead.
If you're able to hook quick enough to slow down gens, you'd be surprised how many perks are actually quite amazing(and the perks that ARE bad cannot be buffed in their current state without being massively overpowered in the current state of public survivor matches, aka, you cannot buff those perks unless survivors also recieve a ping system. But a ping system would make a quarter of survivor perks useless, so all those perks would need to change before a ping system can be implemented, meaning you cannot buff Gearhead untill Buckle Up is changed first).
The main issue is map balance right now, not perk balance. Heck, you could absolutely gut the current killer meta perks if maps were faster to traverse.
So... I could attempt to apply for the art team?
Definitely, I've got a ton of ideas for stuff I'd like to add to the game. Is any of it good? The majority probably not, but that's why their is a team of idea people.
Working on it! I would love to be an environment artist :)
That’s awesome! Good luck :)
Like I said in my comment, absolutely nobody is a waste of space and no matter my personal feelings towards a person absolutely nobody deserves to go through that
Because people can use a website and still play video games. Case in point: you.
I would literally do everything in my power to make this game as stable as possible for everyone’s enjoyment and mine. Too bad I don’t know how to fix bugs /: