Basement Bubba on Shelter Woods, so much fun!

I love people who play a video game for fun, and then do nothing but stand still. I also LOVE playing on a map with like two pallets, nowhere to use balanced landing.

People who play like this genuinely need to stop being allowed to make it to red rank, I’m not sure how they do it, but they do. Waiting 15 minutes to play a match, only to spend most of the time in the basement. There is literally no counter to this, okay the other survivors can do gens, but it’s hard to communicate that via solo queue, and the other survivors getting out doesn’t make the one who got camped feel any better. It’s these kinds of games that make me not want to play, as the amount of control the other side has on your fun and ranking is sickening. This is especially true for survivors, as killers can make their lives hell with no effort/counter.

BHVR, add a ######### hill to shelter woods, my god!

rant over lol

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • Only possible fix i could see for this would be to not allow killers use their powers in the basement, including the stairs

  • @Zokenay said:

    Only possible fix i could see for this would be to not allow killers use their powers in the basement, including the stairs

    At the very least, insidious needs a complete overhaul. The only purpose it has is to be toxic as hell

  • The basement bubba meme was only funny when he was a d tier killer

    now that he's actually strong and worth using, it's just not funny unless you're the kind of person who likes to get a rise out of people (aka the worst kinds of people that play this game)

    chest defender bubba is still funny though.

  • @WexlerWendigo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2351272#Comment_2351272

    At the very least, insidious needs a complete overhaul. The only purpose it has is to be toxic as hell

    I fully agree with this. Insidious is a terrible perk in all instances except basement Bubba camping. And then it's yet another perk that only punishes Solo's.

  • @Brokenbones said:

    The basement bubba meme was only funny when he was a d tier killer

    now that he's actually strong and worth using, it's just not funny unless you're the kind of person who likes to get a rise out of people (aka the worst kinds of people that play this game)

    chest defender bubba is still funny though.

    Yeah I don’t care about chest defender Bubba. But iron grasp, agitation yuck

  • I am the tame version of the Basement Bubba. I only camp a hook at the end to get one guaranteed pick. This makes me morally superior, the survivors just don't realize it!

  • Bubba is cute, specially when he is standing and looking your face.

  • @Northener1907 said:

    Bubba is cute, specially when he is standing and looking your face.

    Nah, he ain’t cute. He’s also from a horrible movie ;)

  • The game after this, I ran a plague who had corrupt purge around this one pallet loop about 20 times. After she finally downed me, my team had cleansed so much that she got her power on the spot and she facecamped me to death. I think kindred killed me tbh, because my team for some reason were purple ranks, and wouldn’t even come close at all.

  • Just had the same basement agitation iron grasp camping experience, this time with a perma tier 3 Myers. My god, his add ons are so stupid.

    I get so burnt out of this game because of this crap, the ######### solo queue players have to put up w/ is unreal. There’s literally zero regard for how the people they’re playing with feel. DBD does hardly anything to discourage toxic strategies, and this is literally at red ranks.

  • @WexlerWendigo said:

    Just had the same basement agitation iron grasp camping experience, this time with a perma tier 3 Myers. My god, his add ons are so stupid.

    I get so burnt out of this game because of this crap, the ######### solo queue players have to put up w/ is unreal. There’s literally zero regard for how the people they’re playing with feel. DBD does hardly anything to discourage toxic strategies, and this is literally at red ranks.

    If you care so much about how much regard killers give and the survivor experience go play killer, and be the experience you want people to have, complaining about stuff and telling other people to do it is just hoping that others solve the problem for you will never have any tangible impact, if you want people to have fun and know they are having fun go out and try.

  • @WexlerWendigo said:

    Just had the same basement agitation iron grasp camping experience, this time with a perma tier 3 Myers. My god, his add ons are so stupid.

    I get so burnt out of this game because of this crap, the ######### solo queue players have to put up w/ is unreal. There’s literally zero regard for how the people they’re playing with feel. DBD does hardly anything to discourage toxic strategies, and this is literally at red ranks.

    Oh no, I forgot it's the KILLERS that have to babysit The survivors, even if they genrush, tea-bag, generally act rather sweaty. it's the KILLERS that's the problem, always the killers. it's never just that the survivor as an individual/the team as individuals are maybe lacking in certain skills playing the game, no. The killers must cater to the survivor's every beck and call; regardless how they act. A survivor can do no wrong.

  • @bjorksnas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2351361#Comment_2351361

    If you care so much about how much regard killers give and the survivor experience go play killer, and be the experience you want people to have, complaining about stuff and telling other people to do it is just hoping that others solve the problem for you will never have any tangible impact, if you want people to have fun and know they are having fun go out and try.

    I’m literally an ex killer main lol, it’s not some huge massive effort to not be an awful person. There’s a difference between no mercy, and being a straight up asshat

  • @devilsadvocate said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2351361#Comment_2351361

    Oh no, I forgot it's the KILLERS that have to babysit The survivors, even if they genrush, tea-bag, generally act rather sweaty. it's the KILLERS that's the problem, always the killers. it's never just that the survivor as an individual/the team as individuals are maybe lacking in certain skills playing the game, no. The killers must cater to the survivor's every beck and call; regardless how they act. A survivor can do no wrong.

    Who hurt you today? You sound incredibly angry, so I feel sorry for you. I’m literally a solo player, not sure what gen rushing has anything to do with intentionally coming into this game to camp with an instadown. I really hope you become less aggressive in the future on this forum, it’s for discussion, not to be rude.

  • Seriously, you literally can’t complain about anything on here. Every time I have a complaining post, it’s always met with aggression, and why? Some people take this site too seriously

  • @Bigchungus223 said:

    I can’t believe how this is defended, makes me sad that people call it a “strat”.

    It’s mostly the killer mains that have never played survivor that also call it a strategy. Something has to be done about this problem.

    For everyone that thinks it’s completely okay to act like this in game, I suggest you try a game of survivor and see how it is for yourself.

    There’s no argument for this. It’s not even that the killer is adapting to the game, and camping to secure a kill. I’m referring killers who intentionally bring a killer and setup that revolves around camping someone to death. This should not be a thing, and certainly not at red ranks.

  • Truth be told, I am not sure if it is worth to complain about this. I mean, it is undeniably annoying, but in the end it is just a few trials. It is not like it happens every single time or anything.

  • @GeneralV said:

    Truth be told, I am not sure if it is worth to complain about this. I mean, it is undeniably annoying, but in the end it is just a few trials. It is not like it happens every single time or anything.

    It happened 3 times in a row to me :)

  • What if you didn't loop by the basement against Bubbles

  • Multihits instadowns were a mistake. Bubba would still be equally as strong if he only could hit a single survivor at a time.

  • @GrimoireWeiss said:

    Multihits instadowns were a mistake. Bubba would still be equally as strong if he only could hit a single survivor at a time.

    Literally just Billy

  • Since when can Billy maneuver his chainsaw around anything with a smaller charge time?

  • @Snowbawlzzz said:

    What if you didn't loop by the basement against Bubbles

    I didn’t. Shelter woods is small enough to get taken there with Agitation + Iron Grasp from most of the map

  • @WexlerWendigo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2351475#Comment_2351475

    I didn’t. Shelter woods is small enough to get taken there with Agitation + Iron Grasp from most of the map

    Shelter Woods is the second biggest map, and Bubbles used 2 perk slots to put you there. If he wants to camp on a massive map, he can. Against a good team, that's an L.

  • @WexlerWendigo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2351380#Comment_2351380

    Who hurt you today? You sound incredibly angry, so I feel sorry for you. I’m literally a solo player, not sure what gen rushing has anything to do with intentionally coming into this game to camp with an instadown. I really hope you become less aggressive in the future on this forum, it’s for discussion, not to be rude.

    I'm literally not angry- you seem to mistake sarcasm for anger; and use that as a pointless reason to condescend. My point is that; Killers ultimately don't need to give a fraction of a damn about the enjoyment survivors take out of the game; as many survivors make it clear they don't care too much for the killer's enjoyment. But aside from that; I support the notion that if one side sweats, it's only fair that the other one does. I say sweats and not 'acts toxically' because playing a game a non confrontational way isn't toxic. Playing a game to win is not toxic. Playing a game to annoy is.

    Genrushing is a tactic used in order to win as efficiently as possible; camping is a tactic used to guarantee a kill/kills as efficiently as possible; hence the comparison.

    Also; It's truly toxic to say particular things in the end game chat; none of the things listed in this post are toxic.


    If you take sarcasm/criticism as rudeness; I have no idea how you've survived in life. being condescending; is rude. See the point i'm making here?

  • @WexlerWendigo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2351369#Comment_2351369

    I’m literally an ex killer main lol, it’s not some huge massive effort to not be an awful person. There’s a difference between no mercy, and being a straight up asshat

    Theres also a different between being a bystander to a change you want to see, or be on the front lines while advocating for it at the same time

  • @Snowbawlzzz said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2351533#Comment_2351533

    Shelter Woods is the second biggest map, and Bubbles used 2 perk slots to put you there. If he wants to camp on a massive map, he can. Against a good team, that's an L.

    Empty space doesn’t really count as room for looping, which is what most of the map is, especially against a Bubba. It’s also completely flat, so is certainly not the second biggest in reality.

  • @WexlerWendigo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2351540#Comment_2351540

    Empty space doesn’t really count as room for looping, which is what most of the map is, especially against a Bubba. It’s also completely flat, so is certainly not the second biggest in reality.

    Lateral distance is what matters most, you're just splitting hairs. It's a problem for the killer because of the distance he has to cover from gen to gen, and if he camps basement that gives you a gen and a half of time as an individual, not counting the other 2 individuals that aren't hooked.


    Shelter Woods is so huge that a killer frequently has to choose which gen to give up. When he knows 2 survivors are working on 2 different gens, he rarely has time to get to both of them. Stack the idea of camping on top of this, and you have a very hard-pressed killer with time rapidly running out.

  • @devilsadvocate said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2351399#Comment_2351399

    I'm literally not angry- you seem to mistake sarcasm for anger; and use that as a pointless reason to condescend. My point is that; Killers ultimately don't need to give a fraction of a damn about the enjoyment survivors take out of the game; as many survivors make it clear they don't care too much for the killer's enjoyment. But aside from that; I support the notion that if one side sweats, it's only fair that the other one does. I say sweats and not 'acts toxically' because playing a game a non confrontational way isn't toxic. Playing a game to win is not toxic. Playing a game to annoy is.

    Genrushing is a tactic used in order to win as efficiently as possible; camping is a tactic used to guarantee a kill/kills as efficiently as possible; hence the comparison.

    Also; It's truly toxic to say particular things in the end game chat; none of the things listed in this post are toxic.

    If you take sarcasm/criticism as rudeness; I have no idea how you've survived in life. being condescending; is rude. See the point i'm making here?

    You definitely were angry, it’s clear as day. Sounds like you’re trying to justify to yourself that being toxic is okay.

    Thanks for the totally unnecessary comment at the end. I’ve lived my life as a minority, I can tolerate much worse. The point is, I don’t want to, or need to engage with people who have an aggressive tone, it’s not fun when my post was as lighthearted as it gets. Literally all I was asking for was a hill on shelter woods

  • @ThiccBudhha said:

    I am the tame version of the Basement Bubba. I only camp a hook at the end to get one guaranteed pick. This makes me morally superior, the survivors just don't realize it!

    defending the last hook is not camping! I say this as a player who only plays as a survivor

  • @Snowbawlzzz said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2351557#Comment_2351557

    Lateral distance is what matters most, you're just splitting hairs. It's a problem for the killer because of the distance he has to cover from gen to gen, and if he camps basement that gives you a gen and a half of time as an individual, not counting the other 2 individuals that aren't hooked.

    Shelter Woods is so huge that a killer frequently has to choose which gen to give up. When he knows 2 survivors are working on 2 different gens, he rarely has time to get to both of them. Stack the idea of camping on top of this, and you have a very hard-pressed killer with time rapidly running out.

    Quite frankly, this is all just noise. You’re trying to make a counter for what I was saying, when it’s literally a Bubba with Insidious, Iron Grasp, and Agitation. I will not accept any argument for how it’s okay for this to be in the game, it really doesn’t matter. You shouldn’t queue up for 10 minutes, only to be stuck on the hook for the entire game. It’s the same as all the gens popping in five minutes, it’s unhealthy.

  • sorry but in my opinion the problem is only one! swf yes, swf no! a killer against swf is always at a disadvantage, unless he is a phenomenal player! I say this as a main survivor! then there is another problem with no solution: toxic players cannot be eliminated ...

  • @devilsadvocate said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2351399#Comment_2351399

    I'm literally not angry- you seem to mistake sarcasm for anger; and use that as a pointless reason to condescend. My point is that; Killers ultimately don't need to give a fraction of a damn about the enjoyment survivors take out of the game; as many survivors make it clear they don't care too much for the killer's enjoyment. But aside from that; I support the notion that if one side sweats, it's only fair that the other one does. I say sweats and not 'acts toxically' because playing a game a non confrontational way isn't toxic. Playing a game to win is not toxic. Playing a game to annoy is.

    Genrushing is a tactic used in order to win as efficiently as possible; camping is a tactic used to guarantee a kill/kills as efficiently as possible; hence the comparison.

    Also; It's truly toxic to say particular things in the end game chat; none of the things listed in this post are toxic.

    If you take sarcasm/criticism as rudeness; I have no idea how you've survived in life. being condescending; is rude. See the point i'm making here?

    I fully agree ... as a main survivor I think that gen rush and camping are comparable. then, as I always say, toxicity is another thing!

  • @CapricornZeus3 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2351399#Comment_2351399

    He was just pointing out the truth 😂, killers don't have to give a ######### how the survivors feel

    Thank you sir/madam/etc. I'm glad someone understands

  • @CapricornZeus3 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2351399#Comment_2351399

    He was just pointing out the truth 😂, killers don't have to give a ######### how the survivors feel

    That’s fine if you think that. The game would be much better if both sides gave the tiniest thought to the other, but we can just keep having toxic games over and over. By using this argument, you can never complain about genrushing though, as survivors don’t have to give a ######### how the killers feel :)))

  • @Morpheus_7_ said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2351546#Comment_2351546

    I fully agree ... as a main survivor I think that gen rush and camping are comparable. then, as I always say, toxicity is another thing!

    Yes! it's so refreshing to see a survivor saying this!

  • Some of y’all really need to work on how you talk to others, so much talking down, aggression, and insults over a forum post!

  • @WexlerWendigo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2351580#Comment_2351580

    That’s fine if you think that. The game would be much better if both sides gave the tiniest thought to the other, but we can just keep having toxic games over and over. By using this argument, you can never complain about genrushing though, as survivors don’t have to give a ######### how the killers feel :)))

    That is literally my whole point. Catch up :))

  • Your point is that we should encourage both sides to treat the others badly? Okay, weird hill to die on

  • @WexlerWendigo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2351593#Comment_2351593

    Your point is that we should encourage both sides to treat the others badly? Okay, weird hill to die on

    'badly'. Playing the game in such a way to secure a win. Yes it does usually make the game less fun; for both sides even. But if survivors are playing to win, they can. If killers are playing to win, they can. it's definitely annoying, but it's by no means toxic. It becomes toxic when it is personal; Like people going out of their way to annoy with no real reason (tunnelling a survivor who has a key isn't personal; tunneling one who has nothing and has played in a normal way is)

  • @GeneralV said:

    Truth be told, I am not sure if it is worth to complain about this. I mean, it is undeniably annoying, but in the end it is just a few trials. It is not like it happens every single time or anything.

    truth!!!!

  • @devilsadvocate said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2351594#Comment_2351594

    'badly'. Playing the game in such a way to secure a win. Yes it does usually make the game less fun; for both sides even. But if survivors are playing to win, they can. If killers are playing to win, they can. it's definitely annoying, but it's by no means toxic. It becomes toxic when it is personal; Like people going out of their way to annoy with no real reason (tunnelling a survivor who has a key isn't personal; tunneling one who has nothing and has played in a normal way is)

    That’s literally the whole premise of the post. Nobody had a key, there was no genrushing, this was near the start of a game in solo queue. Killers who purposely come into the game with the goal of basement of camping as their entire gameplay are toxic. Same as a 4 man SWF with 4 BNP are toxic.

  • I will remind everyone on this thread, remember to keep your comments civil and respectful, please.