Why do survivors trump killers?

Yes it's about the iron will, I'm just confused why survivors are put first in most situations? Just using the iron will change as an example, seems odd that a 4v1 would put the 4 first.

For example why can 1 perk counter a full killer perk? (Iron will and stridor) survivors can use 12 perks between them all but killer gets 4, just seems odd to me...

Side note: no I dont play spirit, no I didn't have a problem with stridor spirits either. More curious to why it's this way or is it to satisfy the mass?

Comments

  • I mean, take in mind that Killer perks largely affect the entire team, even if its just four, most survivor perks are for the user alone, with some being able to help others or fight the killer (DS and Head On for example)


    I personally dont really mind the change, since its also buff to other perks like Bite the Bullet

  • Becuz the idea of having additive values for perks was stupid from the very beginning.

  • @Zokenay said:

    I mean, take in mind that Killer perks largely affect the entire team, even if its just four, most survivor perks are for the user alone, with some being able to help others or fight the killer (DS and Head On for example)

    I personally dont really mind the change, since its also buff to other perks like Bite the Bullet

    I get what you're saying, still seems odd 4 comes before the 1killer, while I'm happy it helps bite the bullet etc. I feel the perks nerf was just due to spirit complaints not that it countered iron will. For example no one will be mad at a trapper using stridor lol, seems an indirect spirit nerf when she's more likely the issue not the perk

  • @Voodoo_Thirsty said:

    Becuz the idea of having additive values for perks was stupid from the very beginning.

    Yeah but if you do it killer first the outcome is different even if we use the new method. But that's not what I'm asking mate I'm asking why survivors are placed first

  • @EntitySpawn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2342407#Comment_2342407

    Yeah but if you do it killer first the outcome is different even if we use the new method. But that's not what I'm asking mate I'm asking why survivors are placed first

    Becuz grunts and moans come from SURVIVORS bruh.


    If the sound is coming from the survivor, then shouldn't the survivor's perk be top priority?


    That's like survivors having power over killer things like Bloodlust. That's just mental & illogical.


    Stridor now only amplify sounds if survivors don't have Iron Will. Same way Calm Spirit prevent screams and other things SURVIVORS make.

  • Thank you for making me laugh.

  • Stridor wouldn't have been a problem if Iron Will wasn't Spirit's only form of partial counter. You can still perform well as her without it, you just don't get your hand held by a perk any more.

  • @meatisadelicacy said:

    Thank you for making me laugh.

    Damn bro, who hurt you? You okay there you seem pretty agitated... is it because I was asking non survivor main questions? Whoops lol

  • Before this nerf, Stridor was countering so much survivor perks (Bite the Bullet + Self-Preservation + Iron Will + Off the Record + No Mither). This was not problem? Why this is problem now?


    Also i never used Stridor on my killers. I have loud add-ons on my Freddy, i am also not using them too. Because they are bad. Only Spirit was using this perk and she has not any counter already. With Stridor she was God. But not anymore.


    Good change.

  • @indieeden7 said:

    Stridor wouldn't have been a problem if Iron Will wasn't Spirit's only form of partial counter. You can still perform well as her without it, you just don't get your hand held by a perk any more.

    But isn't iron will gonna hold survivors hands? Dont get me wrong I dont care about spirit but I feel she needed the change not the perk itself if that makes sense?

  • Tbf that 1 killer perk potentially countered 4 perks in one game. I think it's a very welcome change.

  • Agreed. Welcomed change. Behavior has been doing a great job, especially over the last two years, of removing outsized advantages from both ‘sides’ of the player base.

  • Personally, I think stridor is outdated, nobody besides spirit uses it, it could use a rework.

  • @CashelP14 said:

    Tbf that 1 killer perk potentially countered 4 perks in one game. I think it's a very welcome change.

    Yeah but the killers running a perk to counter it, surely counters should work both ways? It's not like anyone complained about stridor on trapper? It was just a spirit thing, so I feel the nerf is indirected

  • @Kebek said:

    Personally, I think stridor is outdated, nobody besides spirit uses it, it could use a rework.

    Iv seen it on a few killers other than spirit, it's not a bad perk and was balanced tbh, people just hated it because of spirit so surely that's a spirit issue not a perk issue

  • @EntitySpawn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2342559#Comment_2342559

    Yeah but the killers running a perk to counter it, surely counters should work both ways? It's not like anyone complained about stridor on trapper? It was just a spirit thing, so I feel the nerf is indirected

    Counters should work both ways but in this example it wasn't possible.

    Before mid-chapter Stridor > Iron Will. Now Iron Will > Stridor.

    The devs have made good changes to survivor perks to help killers such as Small Game not working on traps anymore or Slippery Meat not working on Trapper's traps either.

  • @Kebek said:

    Personally, I think stridor is outdated, nobody besides spirit uses it, it could use a rework.

    I use it on other killers bcuz I have bad hearing, but I still think its a fair change.

  • Wait so they changed stridor? Idk what were talking about

  • @dspaceman20 said:

    Wait so they changed stridor? Idk what were talking about

    Grunt of Pain values are now multiplicative rather than additive. Iron Will now trumps Stridor completely.

  • @NomiNomad said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2343245#Comment_2343245

    Grunt of Pain values are now multiplicative rather than additive. Iron Will now trumps Stridor completely.

    Oh. Well is this a good thing or bad thing? And what about other perks like Off The Record, Self Preservation and Bite The Bullet ect?

  • @dspaceman20 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2343252#Comment_2343252

    Oh. Well is this a good thing or bad thing? And what about other perks like Off The Record, Self Preservation and Bite The Bullet ect?

    Whether or not it's good or bad is entirely subjective. I'm not too sure-- But I'd assume they all work the same.