So when will the DC penalty be reenabled

Like every other game either a survivor DC's or the killer DC's even when all gens are done And the leader ruins the game for everyone

Comments

  • Hopefully never

  • @Roadrunner said:

    Hopefully never

    Why not? There needs to be a penalty for ruining the game for the other players...

  • Because i dont want to face toxic survivors anyomre. I just DC when they are toxic. I dont see why i should get a penalty for avoiding whats not fun

  • With a lot of bugs etc going on, a lot of games are crashing while playing. Thats why there is no DC penalty atm until the bugs and crashes are fixed. otherwise it would be unfair to give a penalty to those who DC'ed due to game crashing or bad internet etc

  • @Roadrunner said:

    Because i dont want to face toxic survivors anyomre. I just DC when they are toxic. I dont see why i should get a penalty for avoiding whats not fun

    You have to take the good with the bad, as in any other multiplayer PvP game.

  • @saltmineinaction said:

    With a lot of bugs etc going on, a lot of games are crashing while playing. Thats why there is no DC penalty atm until the bugs and crashes are fixed. otherwise it would be unfair to give a penalty to those who DC'ed due to game crashing or bad internet etc

    Ahh that makes sense I thought for a moment they were just testing a no DC penalty, thanks

  • @IlliterateGenocide said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2333505#Comment_2333505

    Ahh that makes sense I thought for a moment they were just testing a no DC penalty, thanks

    noo haha, that would be very stupid since then everybody will just dc when they go against a killer they hate, or as killer when 'gen rushing' happens or 1 survivor is being toxic etc.

  • Since this game is already survivor favored, I dont want to get teebaged or emotespamed. i like to DC then

  • When the game crashes on console are fixed.

  • @Roadrunner said:

    Since this game is already survivor favored, I dont want to get teebaged or emotespamed. i like to DC then

    This game isn't survivor sided.. in my opinion

  • The DC penalty will stay away until the devs fixed the instability issues.

    So maybe Christmas.

  • @Roadrunner said:

    Because i dont want to face toxic survivors anyomre. I just DC when they are toxic. I dont see why i should get a penalty for avoiding whats not fun

    Every game is a wipe now because someone always DCs, because there's no penalty.

    Now nobody is having fun, congrats.

    When you queue into a game, you're committing to that game, suck it up and stick around until you die like the rest of us.

  • I keep running into the 4th survivor DCing to open hatch for the 3rd. It's stupid

  • When the game is stable on console again, presumably.

  • @Roadrunner said:

    Because i dont want to face toxic survivors anyomre. I just DC when they are toxic. I dont see why i should get a penalty for avoiding whats not fun

    Because you leaving is just as toxic and ruins the game for 4 other people.

    When you play a multiplayer online game, you're making a kind of social contract to not bail on the match until it's over. Kind of like how, if you play a boardgame night with friend, you're agreeing to not flip the table if you lose. It's implied that you will play the game through in both cases.


    The difference being: if you habitually ruin games with your friends; they will stop playing with you. And if you ragequit online games; you get banned.


    I really don't get why it's apparently impossible for some people to understand that the world is not all about them. Instead it's 'I DC because all I care about is me and my fun! No one else matters!'

    But they are also the first to scream if someone ELSE pulls the same thing & ruins the game for THEM by DCing.

  • @Tsulan said:

    The DC penalty will stay away until the devs fixed the instability issues.

    So maybe Christmas.

    Bold of you to assume they will fix it that fast

    My prediction is that they will re-enable it with the mid chapter update without fixing the game crashes on console just to screw over console players


  • @Power_Guy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2333504#Comment_2333504

    Because you leaving is just as toxic and ruins the game for 4 other people.

    When you play a multiplayer online game, you're making a kind of social contract to not bail on the match until it's over. Kind of like how, if you play a boardgame night with friend, you're agreeing to not flip the table if you lose. It's implied that you will play the game through in both cases.

    The difference being: if you habitually ruin games with your friends; they will stop playing with you. And if you ragequit online games; you get banned.

    I really don't get why it's apparently impossible for some people to understand that the world is not all about them. Instead it's 'I DC because all I care about is me and my fun! No one else matters!'

    But they are also the first to scream if someone ELSE pulls the same thing & ruins the game for THEM by DCing.

    I dont care if a survivor DC's. I just wont play a game where everybody is so unbelivable toxic that you cant plya it normaly

  • @Hex_Ignored said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2333588#Comment_2333588

    Bold of you to assume they will fix it that fast

    My prediction is that they will re-enable it with the mid chapter update without fixing the game crashes on console just to screw over console players

    I hope not. Consolte players (especially switch users) have already suffered enough. They can´t keep the game in this horrible state for to long.

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2333725#Comment_2333725

    I hope not. Consolte players (especially switch users) have already suffered enough. They can´t keep the game in this horrible state for to long.

    Oh believe me I know the pain of switch players and I have not a lot of faith left that they will make it better

  • @IlliterateGenocide said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2333499#Comment_2333499

    Why not? There needs to be a penalty for ruining the game for the other players...

    Well said, which is exactly why the Devs need to crack down on griefing and rework a hell of a lot of this game.

  • @Roadrunner said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2333593#Comment_2333593

    No this community is the worst i have ever met. I will DC every game thats not fun cause the community makes it no fun. Im glad i can do this now without a pennalty

    To me, when someone is saying "I'll DC every game that isn't fun," I begin to question who the culprit is.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2333504#Comment_2333504

    You have to take the good with the bad, as in any other multiplayer PvP game.

    to be fair in most multiplayer PvP games you wont have a penalty for quitting and finding a new match (like call of duty for example), and most that do only penalize you for leaving a competitive game instead of a casual match but we're forced to play "competitive" games in DbD so damn

  • @IlliterateGenocide said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2333499#Comment_2333499

    Why not? There needs to be a penalty for ruining the game for the other players...

    Some killers are already doing that so I mean there are more ways than one for that to happen.

  • @IlliterateGenocide said:

    Like every other game either a survivor DC's or the killer DC's even when all gens are done And the leader ruins the game for everyone

    It shouldn’t be enabled till they fix ALL the console and low end pcs problems. But imo they should disable the dc penalty for ever

  • @IlliterateGenocide said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2333499#Comment_2333499

    Why not? There needs to be a penalty for ruining the game for the other players...

    I think there should be like back pay. All the people who have been dcing on purpose get slapped with a month ban lmao

  • If one person disconnects in my lobby then i'm following along if the match has barely even begun. but if it's right in the middle or the end then screw them. I WANT MY BP!

  • @EvilJoshy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2333500#Comment_2333500

    I think there should be like back pay. All the people who have been dcing on purpose get slapped with a month ban lmao

    That would punish people with legitimate crashes because of the games poor optimization as well. So, it would do the very thing it was deactivated to avoid.

  • @StibbityStabbity said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2333812#Comment_2333812

    That would punish people with legitimate crashes because of the games poor optimization as well. So, it would do the very thing it was deactivated to avoid.

    Honestly I think it would be worth it. People who legit DC would be punished but what % of DCs are legit? I'm guessing 10%. I think punishing the 90% that do it on purpose is worth it.

  • @EvilJoshy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2333824#Comment_2333824

    Honestly I think it would be worth it. People who legit DC would be punished but what % of DCs are legit? I'm guessing 10%. I think punishing the 90% that do it on purpose is worth it.

    I mean, if you like punishing innocent people...

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0g6Vg43nDX0


  • @IlliterateGenocide said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2333499#Comment_2333499

    Why not? There needs to be a penalty for ruining the game for the other players...

    Or maybe.. just hear me out.. If BHVR actually fixed their poor excuse of a game, players wouldn't want to DC? There's obviously a reason people are dcing and BHVR is doing nothing to solve the core root of the issue. They're throwing a bandaid on it and blaming the players.

  • Probably few weeks after event ends

  • @Ivaldi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2333500#Comment_2333500

    Or maybe.. just hear me out.. If BHVR actually fixed their poor excuse of a game, players wouldn't want to DC? There's obviously a reason people are dcing and BHVR is doing nothing to solve the core root of the issue. They're throwing a bandaid on it and blaming the players.

    People will always DC. There will always be people who assume they are better than they are, ragequit a match, and blame their teammates/the other team.

    Do you think DBD invented DCing? I've seen it as far back as Quake.

    The 'core root' is people being people, not the game.

  • @Power_Guy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2333999#Comment_2333999

    People will always DC. There will always be people who assume they are better than they are, ragequit a match, and blame their teammates/the other team.

    Do you think DBD invented DCing? I've seen it as far back as Quake.

    The 'core root' is people being people, not the game.

    No, but they can certainly fix the issues at hand. Maps being broken? The tunneling issue? Spirit as a whole? The entire console experience? But mainly switch being practically unplayable? The hit detection system? The rank issues? Solo Q vs SWF?

  • @Ivaldi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2334150#Comment_2334150

    No, but they can certainly fix the issues at hand. Maps being broken? The tunneling issue? Spirit as a whole? The entire console experience? But mainly switch being practically unplayable? The hit detection system? The rank issues? Solo Q vs SWF?

    I agree with all that but 'the tunneling issue'. But that's not an argument for this thread.

  • @Roadrunner said:

    Because i dont want to face toxic survivors anyomre. I just DC when they are toxic. I dont see why i should get a penalty for avoiding whats not fun

    There's nothing more annoyimg than burn cake or bps and killer immedistely leaving just because "I wan't low ranked survivors so I can get my 4k boo hoo". That's why dc penalty should stay on. Same goes to these dead hard/ ds survivors who leave after first down. Suck it up and be a man.

  • Hopefully never.

    so I don’t have to play against the spirit or deathslinger anymore

  • My game hasnt crashed in like a week, they should reenable it now if thats the case across the board

  • @Ivaldi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2333500#Comment_2333500

    Or maybe.. just hear me out.. If BHVR actually fixed their poor excuse of a game, players wouldn't want to DC? There's obviously a reason people are dcing and BHVR is doing nothing to solve the core root of the issue. They're throwing a bandaid on it and blaming the players.

    Players dc because theyre entitled cowards that get mad when they dont think they can win

  • @Power_Guy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2333504#Comment_2333504

    Because you leaving is just as toxic and ruins the game for 4 other people.

    When you play a multiplayer online game, you're making a kind of social contract to not bail on the match until it's over. Kind of like how, if you play a boardgame night with friend, you're agreeing to not flip the table if you lose. It's implied that you will play the game through in both cases.

    The difference being: if you habitually ruin games with your friends; they will stop playing with you. And if you ragequit online games; you get banned.

    I really don't get why it's apparently impossible for some people to understand that the world is not all about them. Instead it's 'I DC because all I care about is me and my fun! No one else matters!'

    But they are also the first to scream if someone ELSE pulls the same thing & ruins the game for THEM by DCing.

    Well said.

    Its about sportsmanship. Unfortunately not a lot of people who play this game know what that is :<

    I look forward to the return of the DC penalty.