PSA: How to counter Victor camping

In my time playing Twins I’ve noticed a lot of people complaining about Victor being able to camp a hook while Charlotte applies pressure. Since Charlotte can see Survivors near Victor, he’ll always detect you going in for a hook save and pounce on you. Well, as a professional gamer, I’m here to divulge a secret trick to countering Victor camping. A lot of people don’t know it yet because it’s a super complex tech, but I’m here to show you a step-by-step guide into countering it.

Ready? Here it is.

Step 1: Crouch.


And that’s it! You’ve mastered the tech! By crouching, you render Victor unable to reveal you to Charlotte, meaning the Twins player has no idea you’re there! This gives you the opportunity to sneak up to the little gremlin and punt him in his stupid face! Congratulations, your neural pathways finally fired off enough for you to remember that the crouch button exists for sneaking and not just butt-dancing after getting hit through the god pallet that you wasted!

Thanks for tuning in to ManWithALemon’s weekly series Twins Techniques, and remember: Seriously it’s so ######### easy to shut down a camping Victor how have you people not realized this Killer has been out for SIX MONTHS-

Comments

  • This is disingenuous. Many players don’t know Victor is camping until they enter his lullaby range, at which point the killer switches and hits the incoming survivor.

  • @Steel_Eyed said:

    This is disingenuous. Many players don’t know Victor is camping until they enter his lullaby range, at which point the killer switches and hits the incoming survivor.

    There’s a simple trick for that, too, actually!

    Step 1: When approaching the hook, remember that the Killer you’re facing is Twins, and that Victor is a thing that exists.

    Step 2: Look for the idle Victor GLOWING BRIGHT ######### RED near the hook.

  • @ManWithALemon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2328462#Comment_2328462

    There’s a simple trick for that, too, actually!

    Step 1: When approaching the hook, remember that the Killer you’re facing is Twins, and that Victor is a thing that exists.

    Step 2: Look for the idle Victor GLOWING BRIGHT ######### RED near the hook.

    So when you’re camping with Victor you leave him out in the open?

  • @Steel_Eyed said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2328466#Comment_2328466

    So when you’re camping with Victor you leave him out in the open?

    Ah, I see you’ve yet to master step 1 to finding out if Victor is there or not!

    Or you’re five months old and lack object permanence which means that if Victor isn’t visible he doesn’t exist to you. Luckily for you, there’s another special trick to this!

    So, what you need to do if you don’t immediately see Victor is you need to do this weird thing called “expecting”. You need to expect Twins will have Victor near the hook, much like how you would expect Huntress to use her throwing weapons to hit you at a distance, or expect Trapper to put bear traps near strong loops. Once you do that, you need to preemptively crouch so that you don’t get detected upon nearing the hook without seeing Victor.

    Now, if you still can’t see him, there’s another hidden trick. Victor reveals Survivors who can hear him. Meaning that if you’re crouching near a hook, and Victor is camping, what you need to do is use your ears and listen for the high-pitched snarls of a Quentin main trying to go for a flashlight save. This will allow you to locate Victor through any and all walls so you can kick him and render the hook completely safe.

  • You were really desperate to condescend today I see.

  • @Steel_Eyed said:

    This is disingenuous. Many players don’t know Victor is camping until they enter his lullaby range, at which point the killer switches and hits the incoming survivor.

    When you play against a killer you need to apply counters regardless if you if know a trap is there or not, this includes victor.

    Saying you have to know a trap is there to apply a counter... well that doesn't make sense. Op gave good advise and its not disingenuous. If you play against the twins approach the hooks crouched and then crush Vic.

  • I didnt know crouching cancels killer instinct on them. It doesnt with legion. Good to know and strange this hasnt come up before

  • As someone who recently got the twins I'm gonna have to ask you to stop immediately.

  • @brokedownpalace said:

    You were really desperate to condescend today I see.

    Well when I get yelled at for camping with Victor for the fortieth time this week when I WASN'T EVEN CAMPING WITH VICTOR it gets pretty damn annoying.

  • @ManWithALemon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2328513#Comment_2328513

    Well when I get yelled at for camping with Victor for the fortieth time this week when I WASN'T EVEN CAMPING WITH VICTOR it gets pretty damn annoying.

    Okay, this I can relate to. I’ve been enjoying them a lot lately as well and this is a common, unfounded accusation in my trials.

    Your thread is about defending hook camping though.

  • @Edgars_Raven said:

    I didnt know crouching cancels killer instinct on them. It doesnt with legion. Good to know and strange this hasnt come up before

    It says in Twins' power description that Victor detects Survivors who are "walking or running" near him. This is a very, VERY literal description: If you are doing anything other than walking or running—doing gens, healing, standing still, or most importantly crouching—Victor doesn't detect you. The only exception to this rule is crawling.

  • @ManWithALemon said:

    In my time playing Twins I’ve noticed a lot of people complaining about Victor being able to camp a hook while Charlotte applies pressure. Since Charlotte can see Survivors near Victor, he’ll always detect you going in for a hook save and pounce on you. Well, as a professional gamer, I’m here to divulge a secret trick to countering Victor camping. A lot of people don’t know it yet because it’s a super complex tech, but I’m here to show you a step-by-step guide into countering it.

    Ready? Here it is.

    Step 1: Crouch.

    And that’s it! You’ve mastered the tech! By crouching, you render Victor unable to reveal you to Charlotte, meaning the Twins player has no idea you’re there! This gives you the opportunity to sneak up to the little gremlin and punt him in his stupid face! Congratulations, your neural pathways finally fired off enough for you to remember that the crouch button exists for sneaking and not just butt-dancing after getting hit through the god pallet that you wasted!

    Thanks for tuning in to ManWithALemon’s weekly series Twins Techniques, and remember: Seriously it’s so ######### easy to shut down a camping Victor how have you people not realized this Killer has been out for SIX MONTHS-

    I play a lot of twins, but rarely against them I had no idea of this!

    Thank you for your PSA ♡

    I really wish more people played them.

  • @Steel_Eyed said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2328524#Comment_2328524

    Okay, this I can relate to. I’ve been enjoying them a lot lately as well and this is a common, unfounded accusation in my trials.

    Your thread is about defending hook camping though.

    It's not even trying to defend it. I think it's a really stupid tactic, actually, and people who do it are idiots, precisely because of how hilariously easy it is to counter which is what this thread is actually about.

  • @ManWithALemon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2328522#Comment_2328522

    It says in Twins' power description that Victor detects Survivors who are "walking or running" near him. This is a very, VERY literal description: If you are doing anything other than walking or running—doing gens, healing, standing still, or most importantly crouching—Victor doesn't detect you. The only exception to this rule is crawling.

    Ive played with them like twice and havent read the description, thanks for pointing it out

  • @ManWithALemon said:

    In my time playing Twins I’ve noticed a lot of people complaining about Victor being able to camp a hook while Charlotte applies pressure. Since Charlotte can see Survivors near Victor, he’ll always detect you going in for a hook save and pounce on you. Well, as a professional gamer, I’m here to divulge a secret trick to countering Victor camping. A lot of people don’t know it yet because it’s a super complex tech, but I’m here to show you a step-by-step guide into countering it.

    Ready? Here it is.

    Step 1: Crouch.

    And that’s it! You’ve mastered the tech! By crouching, you render Victor unable to reveal you to Charlotte, meaning the Twins player has no idea you’re there! This gives you the opportunity to sneak up to the little gremlin and punt him in his stupid face! Congratulations, your neural pathways finally fired off enough for you to remember that the crouch button exists for sneaking and not just butt-dancing after getting hit through the god pallet that you wasted!

    Thanks for tuning in to ManWithALemon’s weekly series Twins Techniques, and remember: Seriously it’s so ######### easy to shut down a camping Victor how have you people not realized this Killer has been out for SIX MONTHS-

    This also works on Hag traps, for all the new people to the game. And Toblerone's spilled trail of lasagna.

  • Almost every hook has a hiding spot for Victor near it while the hooked survivor is still in shrieking range, meaning you won't notice Victor is camping almost ever until you enter the range of his shrieks

  • Or maybe they should make it so that thing can't be near the hook.

  • @Hoodied said:

    Almost every hook has a hiding spot for Victor near it while the hooked survivor is still in shrieking range, meaning you won't notice Victor is camping almost ever until you enter the range of his shrieks

    Or you could just assume Victor is near and crouch beforehand in the exact same way you would do to a Hag who's trapped the hook.

    Seriously, does this community just lack object permanence or something?

  • @Trickstaaaaa said:

    Or maybe they should make it so that fool can't be near the hook.

    I know, right? Holding LCTRL is such a difficult technique.

  • @meatisadelicacy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/262931/psa-how-to-counter-victor-camping

    This also works on Hag traps, for all the new people to the game. And Toblerone's spilled trail of lasagna.

    It took me several minutes to figure out what you meant by "Toblerone's spilled trail of lasagna".

    Well played.

  • @FancyMrB said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/262931/psa-how-to-counter-victor-camping

    I play a lot of twins, but rarely against them I had no idea of this!

    Thank you for your PSA ♡

    I really wish more people played them.

    No thanks, those killers are boring as watching paint dry. Even when playing as and vs them.

  • I thought camping with Victor wasn't possible anymore since BT buff?

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I thought camping with Victor wasn't possible anymore since BT buff?

    It's more like camping with Charlotte was made impossible.

  • @ManWithALemon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2328709#Comment_2328709

    It's more like camping with Charlotte was made impossible.

    I'm pretty sure BT triggers for Victor's pounce too

  • @ManWithALemon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2328674#Comment_2328674

    Or you could just assume Victor is near and crouch beforehand in the exact same way you would do to a Hag who's trapped the hook.

    Seriously, does this community just lack object permanence or something?

    No but you could also be wasting your time as you never know if Victor is there or not, and you also need to remember that as soon as you get a loud sound notification they'll probably swap over to Victor immediately anyways and either latch onto the unhooker or down the hooked

  • @Hoodied said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2328688#Comment_2328688

    No but you could also be wasting your time as you never know if Victor is there or not, and you also need to remember that as soon as you get a loud sound notification they'll probably swap over to Victor immediately anyways and either latch onto the unhooker or down the hooked

    For your first point, the time wasted is so small that it’s basically irrelevant. Not even worth taking into account.

    For your second point, in order for Victor to detect someone going in for the save, he has to be close enough to the hook that his shrieks reach them. Meaning you will be able to hear Victor, sneak up, and kick him with little effort.

  • It does, but that’s not that important when Victor can see you and pounce before you even get the unhook.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2328742#Comment_2328742

    Re: time wasting, that's straight up not true. Victor already can't be within 16m of the hook and has a 10m base shriek radius when idle. That means, if you want to be sure you're not going to be seen on killer instinct by a potential camping Victor, you need to crouch from ~32m (assuming the killer wouldn't put Victor more than 6m outside the minimum radius while attempting to camp) all the way to 6m (when you're sure you won't be within 10m of Victor). Crouching is at 1.13m/s, so this 26m trip takes 23 seconds, as compared to 4.33 seconds while running. As a result you're wasting close to 20 seconds of time on every single hook save when he isn't camping. When he is camping the time loss is more variable. Best case is the Victor is directly in front of you at ~22m from the hook so the milisecond you start crouching you hear his shrieks. You lose around 7 seconds of time to crouch all of the way up to him and crush him, assuming no obstacles and you can just beeline right up to him. It's extremely unlikely for things to go that well in practice, so I think 10-20 seconds of wasted time per hook save is a pretty good rule of thumb.

    The other factor is that Charlotte knows a survivor is there the second Victor is crushed and Victor also rapidly recharges after being crushed. If Charlotte is in the same zip code she can be bearing down on the hook with Victor in tow by the time the save is made.

    For the time wasting thing: When someone camps a hook with Victor, that means they leave them under/next to the hook before picking up the Survivor. So your math is completely erroneous there.

    For the whole Charlotte thing: Again, just plain wrong. You have plenty of time to just, you know, run away. Hell, if you bring We'll Make It, you'll 100% be able to heal before you get pounced on.

  • @Trickstaaaaa said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2328534#Comment_2328534

    No thanks, those killers are boring as watching paint dry. Even when playing as and vs them.

    Thanks for sharing. I enjoy them ^^

  • @Hoodied said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2328688#Comment_2328688

    No but you could also be wasting your time as you never know if Victor is there or not, and you also need to remember that as soon as you get a loud sound notification they'll probably swap over to Victor immediately anyways and either latch onto the unhooker or down the hooked

    Isn't not knowing if something is around part of the game? You take the risk?

    You can literally mitigate the risk with a few seconds more time; the risk being the Killer's weapon in this case to stall you.

    ...And yet you act like this is news? Or unfair?

  • @Hoodied said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2328688#Comment_2328688

    No but you could also be wasting your time as you never know if Victor is there or not, and you also need to remember that as soon as you get a loud sound notification they'll probably swap over to Victor immediately anyways and either latch onto the unhooker or down the hooked

    Thats the point of killer powers tho. Knowing what you are facing and adjusting your strategy to counter them. Its as much as a 'waste of time' as it is doing totems to prevent Noed that may or may not be there.

    Survivors zoom around and rush plays all the time, and when they are hit with the consequences its the killer's fault.

    Crouch, find victor, crush, unhook, and go.

    OR run and unhook, hope Victor misses the pounce, then crush.

  • @Power_Guy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2328726#Comment_2328726

    Isn't not knowing if something is around part of the game? You take the risk?

    You can literally mitigate the risk with a few seconds more time; the risk being the Killer's weapon in this case to stall you.

    ...And yet you act like this is news? Or unfair?

    Good lord I don't think I ever said it was unfair, I could honestly care less about twins as almost every single one plays the same what I am saying is that it isn't fun to face a killer like twins

    @FancyMrB said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2328726#Comment_2328726

    Thats the point of killer powers tho. Knowing what you are facing and adjusting your strategy to counter them. Its as much as a 'waste of time' as it is doing totems to prevent Noed that may or may not be there.

    Survivors zoom around and rush plays all the time, and when they are hit with the consequences its the killer's fault.

    Crouch, find victor, crush, unhook, and go.

    OR run and unhook, hope Victor misses the pounce, then crush.

    hoping for a killer to make a mistake is far from good game design

  • @Trickstaaaaa said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2328534#Comment_2328534

    No thanks, those killers are boring as watching paint dry. Even when playing as and vs them.

    I've thought of buying twins to try them out but I think I'll just buy the twins for the teachables lol

  • @Hoodied said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2328807#Comment_2328807

    Good lord I don't think I ever said it was unfair, I could honestly care less about twins as almost every single one plays the same what I am saying is that it isn't fun to face a killer like twins

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2328816#Comment_2328816

    hoping for a killer to make a mistake is far from good game design

    Hoping for a killer to make a mistake is bad survivor game play. Has nothing to do with design.

    Bad game design would be having survivors play the same way, every time, and not have to worry about the killers power. That is why we have so many different killers.

  • @ManWithALemon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2328674#Comment_2328674

    Or you could just assume Victor is near and crouch beforehand in the exact same way you would do to a Hag who's trapped the hook.

    Seriously, does this community just lack object permanence or something?

    Probably. I find it shocking how the people that play this game literally never learn. It's actually painful.

  • @Hoodied said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2328807#Comment_2328807

    Good lord I don't think I ever said it was unfair, I could honestly care less about twins as almost every single one plays the same what I am saying is that it isn't fun to face a killer like twins

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2328816#Comment_2328816

    hoping for a killer to make a mistake is far from good game design

    Hoping for the opponent to make a mistake in ANY PvP game is the BEST design.

    It means the players have agency, instead of being forced into anything to give the other side a fair chance. No one would want to play a game where the game has to force you into screwing up so the other side has a chance; they would feel cheated out of wins when it happens.