I am done with cakes as a Survivor
1) It's like 3x times harder to get them compare to Killers
However that is no way why I will not play them anymore. Here it is:
2) Killers camping and tunneling left and right.
3) Survivors who want to farm. If you don't bring a cake (doesn't metter if you have one or not) they will tbagg you and work with killer to kill you and then they farm together. How this is allowed btw?
I am playing on red ranks btw. Just played againts Nemesis rank 2 who just tunnel and then facecamp (4 cakes btw) me for no reason until I reached struggle face while 3 other Survivors still remain (the 4th he tunneled to death).
Also, to all farming survivors who (in groups usualy) who will force you to bring the cake or they will work with the killer againts you - Thanks for ruining the game for other players who don't have or don't want to use the cake and want to play... you know... A NORMAL GAME?!
I might also start running full meta build as well since there is no fun at all. Look, I am not asking you to farm or anything. NO. Just play normaly. But if you want to zZzZzZ builds and tryhard to kill everyone, then I will make it harder for you and go get your bonus bloodpoints from someone else. Thanks.
Edit: third reason and also: This event is terrible because of this community. Thanks guys.
Comments
Usually people over exaggerate the amount of camping and tunneling they encounter, but right now I actually agree. Nothing but sweaty Nurses and camping Deathslingers. For now if the killer is Nurse I will just run to her and kill myself on hook.
I'm very frustrated with this too as a solo survivor and also stopped bringing in cakes. I think just the mindset of killer mains vs survivor mains will mean we never see eye to eye on things like this. This event is a lot easier for killers than it is for survivors, and maybe we survivor mains tend to be more cooperative in nature, so I have a hard time understanding why in games with 4-5 offerings and a person DCs for whatever reason, killers STILL have to camp and tunnel.
I wasn't playing cakes anyway because of the performance issues but the way killers are playing I'm glad I didn't. Killers trying to prevent survivors from getting the crown and have low scoring game then are shocked and complaining survivors started hardcore gen rushing to escape as fast as possible. 🤦♀️
Also, now I got game where Killer and Survivors (SWF group of 3) decides they will hook me and not unhook me and tbagg me with killer just because I didn't bring a cake. This is another extreme btw. So because I refused to give an offering and farm I will get tbagged by teammates and killer to death.
How this is allowed btw? am I forced to farm with or what? and if not, then you will just work with killer? This should be bannable. I sick of this game right now. It's either Killer is super tryhard or Survivors want to farm and if you don't they will make your game terrible.
I’m generating so many points right now that I just play them no matter the game. Sorry yall feel like tapping out.
I feel you man, will be taking a break from this game. Had a hardcore tunneler/camper that didn’t want us to get the crowns. 5 cakes and we ended up with probably 50k bloodpoints while the killer probably got 100k+ from that round
There's finesse as killer and there's basic b###h killers. You're just running into killers with no artistry.
As I've said before in these forums about killers who just stand there hitting you on the hook, they're probably kids with minor sadistic tendencies. I suppose new killers might not know better but they wouldn't be at higher ranks.
To me, a good killer exercising some finesse will manage to double-hook all four survivors and then possibly kill them off at the end of the generator cycle or maybe during EGC. That gives everyone a change to play and enjoy the game and also shows that the killer is really in control much more than just camping and 1-2-3 hooking each survivor in turn.
You know what would fix this complaint about Survivors not getting enough BP?
If the devs listened and raised how much BP survivors get for doing things. Plus made an ongoing BP event for Survivors being camped.
I am a Killer main (just look at my post history!), but I am 100% convinced that Survivors get way too little BP for a match.
The problem is that a Survivor doing everything matches a Killer who gets a 3-ish K. The PROBLEM is that a Survivor cannot do everything; gen repairs, chases, heals and unhooks are spread amongst 4 people.
So when you add up 4 Survivors scores for a 2K/2E or 3K game, they equal a Killer's score, give or take. Which looks great on paper, but sucks for the 4 people dividing the BP.
Each Survivor should, at the least, be near the Killer's BP amount by the end of a match. I mean, it's BP; it has no use but for the horribly grindy bloodweb.
They should tweak the numbers. Give Survivors more BP.
You'd really think the cake would just pay you a bonus of BP at the end of the game and not add a % so nobody could ruin the gameplay or be encouraged to farm to begin with.
ಥ_ಥ
Yes, this is probably one part of the frustration. Even tho, I have to say, there are WAY more Killers who go full-tryhard. I faced more Spirits than the past weeks combined, I played against Insidious Bubba, got a Nurse with Starstruck and Infectious Fright and two face-camping Huntresses. In just two days.
But yeah, a higher BP-gain for Survivors would lower the frustration a bit, because currently it feels like the one opportunity to make many BPs as Survivor, because lets face it - a bad/mediocre Killer game is around the same like a great Survivor game when it comes to BPs. Like, I just got out of a Nemesis-game, barely made a 2K, played pretty bad, still 25k BPs. 25k BPs as Survivor is a more than decent game.
I have read the idea (by TricksterShadow) that Survivors should get 1/4 of the BPs of other Survivors actions while being chased (extra, not taken away). So while being Chased and a Gen gets completed, said Survivor gets ~300 Objective BPs on top.
Also, the Category-Cap REALLY needs to be removed, this would make Survivor gameplay so much better and more rewarding. This is not really a problem on the Killer Side since all categories are increased over time, but as Survivor, you quite often reach the point of not getting any more Objective-Points. But what shouid be the consequence - not doing Gens?
I guess, the removal of the Category Cap will make it so much better already.
The matchmaking during events always gets this "special", consider it as Christmas Noobs when that was a thing in older Call of Duty games.
Since MMR was turned off i havent won a single match, i barely got hooks and getting 1 kill was a real struggle, i havent left rank 5 since rank reset after the MMR test, i feel like i'm playing as if MMR was on in every match as killer, everytime i check survivor profiles i always encounter a DUO, not full squads but 2 players in an SWF is already a big plus, i've only seen a handful of people who have the same experience as me, a couple here on Forum and the rest were all smaller streamers.
Now during the event i'm having "normal" matches with rainbow ranks. I'm finally able to get hooks before losing 2 gens, i'm finally able to turn matches around when i have less of a Map to worry about and i am getting my kills.
All this to say that Matchmaking is the cause of this, we're all facing more experience and less experienced players in a gigantic mix, thanks to alot of people coming back to the game because of the event and new players because of the RE chapter.
Just a few minutes ago i had match in Coal Tower where i had all 4 Survivors in the same place, Cheryl on hook, David and Yui both injured but around the hook and the 4th guy was healthy but doing a gen, the David and Yui didn't bodyblock for each other so it was up to the 4th guy to come Rescue Cheryl, and the 4th guy does aproach but then leaves without even trying and he had never been hooked, meaning he was on 1st hook and didn't even try. Result? Nobody tried and Cheryl died. Fast forward to end game chat i get called Camper, not by the Cheryl mind you, but the others... 3 guys don't attempt to rescue and i'm the Camper? If you're all around the hook but do nothing then yes i'm gonna sit there.
i understand how for SoloQ this is a somewhat difficult situation, not really tho, the 4th guy should definetly trade the hook, especially considering it would be his 1st, or at least finish the gen but in this case neither things happened. I played like i had to as killer, Ghostface btw. I didn't camp any of them aside from this moment i'm telling you about, i had BBQ, Enduring, Corrupt Intervention and Tinkerer so i could see where people were and go after them in stealth and if seen then a Tinkerer proc would help me out with more stealth to either get a down if i was mid chase or know where to go to prevent a gen, so i wasn't camping. They completed 4 gens still 2 people died on 3rd hook, David and Yui, Cheryl died on 2nd and the 4th guy who did no rescues die on 1st hook at the end...If that 4th guy had traded hooks, David and Yui could have healed, done a gen and i'd be in a 3v1 scenario at the end instead. I won because Survivors were not playing the right way.
Yeah, I hate offering cake as survivor, then someone ends up losing connection and the killer goes super try hard, and face camps. And they didn't even offer a cake, they had a personal offering to raise their BP only. Makes me wish we could see offerings before entering the trial.
I agree that its a dick move to hard tunnel or camp for no reason but you cant complain if they dont want you to get the crown. Just because its a event it doeant mean they have to gift you something.
Just like just because its a event they dont have to play as dirty as they do right now.
This goes for both sides btw.
You are acting like every survivor lobby you come across is a 3-man SWF who know if you are bringing a cake or not, they are probably actually very rare. Not to mention that if the Killer doesn't bring an offering, then they don't know if it's you or the Killer who brings the cake.
Brutality: kick Gen / Pallet ; interrupt survivors' action ; hitting survivor vaulting windows. They get this alot in chase.
Deviousness: earned by using power. Of course they use this all the time, in or out chase.
Hunter: survivor found, chasing time
Sacrifice: earned by each hook.
Through the play, Killer find survivors (Hunter), chasing (Hunter), using power mid chase (Deviousness), kick pallets, Gen (Brutality). Finish by a hook (Sacrifice). All Killer's BP earned slowly on every single category.
Objective: Gen, Chest, Opening Gate, skill check & coop on Gen. Mostly on Gen
Survival: escape
Altruism: heal, skill check & coop on heal, unhook, protection...
Boldness: totem, blind / stun killer...
Each category is on a single action aspect. A tunneled survivor may have their Boldness to 8000. But has no chance to ever do Gen.
Survivors who're not tunneled may do Gen and have their Objective to 8000, but has no chance to ever heal, safe unhook (Altruism) because of tunnelers
Survivor's BP generally much lower because each category is on a single part of action. They dont come together.
For me. minimum each Category to 16.000 (still maximum 32.000 total) so at least the tunneled survivor can die with 16.000BP
They just need to make event offerings a different rarity/cetegory than event items. So survivors have a higher chance of getting some cake. Instead of getting either a flashlight, medkit or a cake.
I play killer and I don't agree:
I always bring the cake.
I don't tunnel (unless you run towards me or you are the only survivor around)
I don't camp (unless sometimes when the exit gates are already open or other survivors are around the hook)
If I know I will 4k, i often let the survivors unhook each other, and I actively go away from the hook.
Sometimes I let the last survivor leave if they collected the crown.
What do you mean I can’t complain? They are playing dirty to prevent me from getting a cosmetic, not because they want to win, but for a comsetic! There is no excuse for that. Some killers just want to be a #########
To me it sounded like you were complaining about getting killed in general.
Like i said, nothing justifys that toxic ,,playstyle". No matter which side.
I have tried to play nice, hooking individual survivors one at a time (death sentence as killer), letting them heal under hook, etc. All the things I can think of to let survivors know I'm not try harding and they don't seem to care in my games. Gen Jock and Gate, Gen Jock and Gate. Finally said ######### it and played normal put undying/hope on and had the game won at 3 gens. Felt bad let the Feng (I hate Feng) and a Jane work some gens before I did the final blow. Any ideas what I get for this generosity? After gens are repaired I down them, while carrying Jane to basement she disconnects once I reach the basement, Feng gets hatch. Can't make this ######### up. I'm just killing the way I feel the need to from now on. No one seems to care about my BP so at a certain point how do I still care about theirs?
Yeah I noticed that when I played survivor. So whenever I'm killer I'll drop a cake for everyone, it's not hard to get them as killers, and just play normally, minus killing everyone
Well i do the opposite now when I play killer. If they have a crown in end game I let them go. This is not how I play otherwise I play to win but events I make exceptions.
I have all crowns on all original survivors and killers now btw happy with that 😀 Took many many games lol.
This right here. You never know who is on the other side playing killer. My son would sometimes let his friends little brother play his killer and he'd play like that. He was 7.