We’ll Make It Activating after a Dying Survivor Pickup

Considering the recent change to healing time, picking up a survivor from the ground takes longer, and therefore slugging brings more peril to survivors attempting a rescue. Since picking up a downed survivor is puts the savior at risk and allows the dying survivor more agency, saving a slug is like a hook rescue.
           If a killer decides to slug everyone before 1-hooking all survivors, then the perk We’ll Make It, which is meant to get used through the entire game, is unable to be activated even if the player makes the same, necessary risk. 
          With this being the case, We’ll Make It should activate after the user has picked up a downed survivor.

Separately, after being romanticized by a match of Identity V, it is of my opinion that We'll Make It should also remove the unhook notification when the killer is outside of a 10 meter radius. It would be wonderful if DbD had more choices to consider as a survivor.

TL;DR We’ll Make It should activate upon rescuing a downed survivor in addition to a rescuing hooked survivor. 

Edit: Added Notification modifier
Edit 2:We're Going to Live forever now almost functions the same as this idea, so now I have even lower hopes that this change will happen. Also, for all those wondering, editing a post as old as this is really cumbersome because I can't see what I'm writing (i.e. the screen is all white and text only shows up when selected).

Comments

  • I was actually thinking of getting a we're gonna live forever stack when you pick up a downed survivor, not sure how fair it would be to have we'll make it activate upon every pick up.

  • Would the modifier for no notification be something that would make killers who don't like change aggravated, or is it simply a fine and dandy idea?

  • Big NONO.
    Well make it is made to trigger after an unhook.
    Slugging is a legal way to counter that perk.
    And slugging is actually made LESS viable, not more. The survivor can now recover up to 95% and could basically picked up in a run by, so no need to further increase the time to heal.
    The perk is already pretty strong.

  • Wolf74 said:

    Big NONO.
    Well make it is made to trigger after an unhook.
    Slugging is a legal way to counter that perk.
    And slugging is actually made LESS viable, not more. The survivor can now recover up to 95% and could basically picked up in a run by, so no need to further increase the time to heal.
    The perk is already pretty strong.

    @Wolf74  You say We’ll Make It was made to trigger after an unhook, but you don’t mention how saving a survivor from the dying state is any different from the hooked state. In both states, a teammate needs to save the incapacitated survivor except in rare circumstances. The only difference is in points for both saves. One gives none, but I don’t see how that relates to in-trial mechanics.
       The purpose of We’ll Make It is to get injured survivors back into the game more quickly after being re-mobilized by a teammate. It also prevents killers from coming back to the save site and immediately downing the saved survivor. The developers never thought to make We’ll Make It apply to dying saves because they never thought slugging as it is known today to be such a powerful strategy—even more potent than hooking survivors at times. I’ve never seen anyone complain about We’ll Make It healing an injured survivor to full quickly, and I see no reason for that to change. The actions take essentially the same amount of time for a rescuer to perform, and the end result ia the same—a survivor is back in business, so I don’t see how what We’ll Make It would be at all different.
    If you were going to argue that slugging should be more powerful than hooking, from both a Lore perspective and game design, it should not be any stronger than hooking (the main objective) especially since the nerf hammer to sabotaging.
    We’ll Make It has no valid reason to not apply to rescuing a dying survivor.
  • Im fine with how We'll Make It currently is, honestly.
  • it's already a very powerful perk, it doesn't need more

  • yeet said:

    it's already a very powerful perk, it doesn't need more

    It’s certainly not powerful enough to contend with D-strike or Sprint Burst. I know I would always choose one of the latter two when given the chance. 

    I question your use of “need”, however. Neither DS nor Exhaustion “need” a nerf currently. Killers seem to be doing fine as it is, but it sure would be nice if they were changed to be less powerful and more useful. My proposal follows the same idea. Sure, We’ll Make It doesn’t “need” these changes, but it would be nice if it was implemented. I see no fault in my argument, and you have brought none up. Subsequently, I take it that you have some personal investment against changing We’ll Make It? I would love to hear your story.

    @yeet
  • @Kind_Lemon said:
    yeet said:

    it's already a very powerful perk, it doesn't need more

    It’s certainly not powerful enough to contend with D-strike or Sprint Burst. I know I would always choose one of the latter two when given the chance. 

    Maybe "not all perks are meant to be viable"?
    Not every perk can be on the same op level of the most used meta perks.
    Do we wanna start compare how many powerful perks each side has?
    There is a reason that no killer perk has the same pickrate than Self Care.

  • We'll make it is beautiful as is...  it doesnt need any buff..
  • You can fully recover to 95%, it takes 1 second to fully pick them up if they revover. If they didn’t refover, don’t pick them up

  • Wolf74 said:

    @Kind_Lemon said:
    yeet said:

    it's already a very powerful perk, it doesn't need more

    It’s certainly not powerful enough to contend with D-strike or Sprint Burst. I know I would always choose one of the latter two when given the chance. 

    Maybe "not all perks are meant to be viable"?
    Not every perk can be on the same op level of the most used meta perks.
    Do we wanna start compare how many powerful perks each side has?
    There is a reason that no killer perk has the same pickrate than Self Care.

    @Wolf74
    I’m... unsure if you’re being sarcastic. You started out by almost quoting what the developers said about Freddy and Wraith. I understood that the majority of the community did not agree with that philosophy.

    The rest of your post was confrontational in contrast, which made me doubt sarcasm. If this is your refutation of my post, I can say this to you: You focus on my analogy without naming the perks, thereby directing the conversation away from We’ll Make It. By saying “op...meta perks”, you express an animosity that makes me wonder if the perks mentioned prior did not exist, would you be so opposed to the idea?

    If the existence of perks like DS caused your negative reaction to my suggestion, that makes an even better case for altering We’ll Make It. The logic behind this statement is based in the argument many survivors use in defense of DS. They claim that not enough other perks are viable enough to not use DS, so if DS is taken away, they would be left with very little to put between them, good killers, and potato teammates. In order for a majority of the player base to accept any changes to DS, things like We’ll Make It should have their activation criteria revisited. I proposed a change that would not only be relevant to the idea behind the creation of the perk, but would also be useful in more scenarios. The most painful thing in a match for a survivor with We’ll Make It is having a killer that slugs and prevents the boost to healing injured survivors. 
    There’s no need to go counting perks because that’s irrelevant. We’ll Make It should be the perk that we are talking  about changing outside of analogies.
  • @Kind_Lemon said:
    Wolf74 said:

    @Kind_Lemon said:

    yeet said:

    it's already a very powerful perk, it doesn't need more
    

    It’s certainly not powerful enough to contend with D-strike or Sprint Burst. I know I would always choose one of the latter two when given the chance. 

    Maybe "not all perks are meant to be viable"?

    Not every perk can be on the same op level of the most used meta perks.

    Do we wanna start compare how many powerful perks each side has?

    There is a reason that no killer perk has the same pickrate than Self Care.

    @Wolf74
    I’m... unsure if you’re being sarcastic. You started out by almost quoting what the developers said about Freddy and Wraith. I understood that the majority of the community did not agree with that philosophy.

    The rest of your post was confrontational in contrast, which made me doubt sarcasm. If this is your refutation of my post, I can say this to you: You focus on my analogy without naming the perks, thereby directing the conversation away from We’ll Make It. By saying “op...meta perks”, you express an animosity that makes me wonder if the perks mentioned prior did not exist, would you be so opposed to the idea?

    If the existence of perks like DS caused your negative reaction to my suggestion, that makes an even better case for altering We’ll Make It. The logic behind this statement is based in the argument many survivors use in defense of DS. They claim that not enough other perks are viable enough to not use DS, so if DS is taken away, they would be left with very little to put between them, good killers, and potato teammates. In order for a majority of the player base to accept any changes to DS, things like We’ll Make It should have their activation criteria revisited. I proposed a change that would not only be relevant to the idea behind the creation of the perk, but would also be useful in more scenarios. The most painful thing in a match for a survivor with We’ll Make It is having a killer that slugs and prevents the boost to healing injured survivors. 
    There’s no need to go counting perks because that’s irrelevant. We’ll Make It should be the perk that we are talking  about changing outside of analogies.

    When you take a perk you won't always get use out of it. People take unbreakable and won't get to use it, sometimes you die close to the hook and won't be able to use ds, sometimes there are no drops for you to use balanced landing. Some perks have these risks that you won't get value out of them and We'll make it is one of them. One reason why Sprint Burst is so good is because you can always guarantee for it to activate since it always goes off when you start running. Some perks just are made so that you can get easy value out of them that it isn't game changing like for example Resilience or Botany Knowledge. 100% healing speed for 90 seconds is a pretty good effect at least in my opinion so it also has to be more situational.

  • @Kind_Lemon said:
    yeet said:

    it's already a very powerful perk, it doesn't need more

    It’s certainly not powerful enough to contend with D-strike or Sprint Burst. I know I would always choose one of the latter two when given the chance. 

    I question your use of “need”, however. Neither DS nor Exhaustion “need” a nerf currently. Killers seem to be doing fine as it is, but it sure would be nice if they were changed to be less powerful and more useful. My proposal follows the same idea. Sure, We’ll Make It doesn’t “need” these changes, but it would be nice if it was implemented. I see no fault in my argument, and you have brought none up. Subsequently, I take it that you have some personal investment against changing We’ll Make It? I would love to hear your story.

    @yeet

    DS and SB are ludicrously overpowered, so your statement is meaningless

  • We're Going to Live Forever is now almost this idea. Probs means this change won't ever make it to fruition.

  • I've found Boil Over combined with Flip Flop can really punish a slugger.

  • @Chi said:

    I was actually thinking of getting a we're gonna live forever stack when you pick up a downed survivor, not sure how fair it would be to have we'll make it activate upon every pick up.

    WGLF should give stacks from: safe unhooks, protection hits, healing other survivors, repairing a generator (either yourself or part of a co-op, you must be involved), and flashlight/pallet saves.

    As for We'll Make It - no, I don't think giving that much of a healing boost, without an unhook, just because of sluggers is smart. It effectively counters the healing changes to downed survivors.