Why is the Bloodpoint cap still at 1,000,000?

I understand the initial reason they had capped the amount of bloodpoints but a simple increase of 500,000 would be super nice.

Comments

  • At the very least an increase during BP events.

  • Have you tried just spending your bloodpoints?

  • @KSzerker said:

    Have you tried just spending your bloodpoints?

    that would be to easy!!

  • @KSzerker said:

    Have you tried just spending your bloodpoints?

    Eh, I was hitting cap myself and I started 3 days ago. I wanted to save them to level up the killer I was taking seriously AFTER I got barbecue and chili. Kind of a niche situation, admittedly, but I imagine other people have reasons for hoarding them now and again.

  • New character comes out and you have enough points already to get the stuff you want on them?

    image.png


  • Think of all the hackers! They might have to use their cheat for max bp only once and be set for life if you disable the cap! /s

  • Because if the cap was higher, bp hackers could get more bp. So punishing everyone else for that is BHVR's idea of fairness.

  • I love how the best part is, when you get to the higher levels of grinding, 1 million bloodpoints is like nothing. 12 levels at most.

    Hell, even if you're starting out at level 1, 1 million points is barely enough to get anything worthwhile thanks to bloodwebs being RNG as hell.

  • @ManWithALemon said:

    I love how the best part is, when you get to the higher levels of grinding, 1 million bloodpoints is like nothing. 12 levels at most.

    Hell, even if you're starting out at level 1, 1 million points is barely enough to get anything worthwhile thanks to bloodwebs being RNG as hell.

    At P3, a level is approximately 50 to 60,000. It’s closer to eighteen at most. When I calculate how many bloodpoints I need to collect all perks on a character, I assume 60,000 points a web fwiw.

  • @Steel_Eyed said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2322963#Comment_2322963

    At P3, a level is approximately 50 to 60,000. It’s closer to eighteen at most. When I calculate how many bloodpoints I need to collect all perks on a character, I assume 60,000 points a web fwiw.

    As someone who has collected points in batches of one million for grinding: Eighteen is VERY, VERY generous.

  • @ManWithALemon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2322980#Comment_2322980

    As someone who has collected points in batches of one million for grinding: Eighteen is VERY, VERY generous.

    How many bloodpoints do you spend per web?

  • A lot. Enough that I get, at the absolute maximum, 13 or 14 levels. At MAXIMUM. That's assuming I get good Entity RNG and cheap nodes.

  • @ManWithALemon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2323001#Comment_2323001

    A lot. Enough that I get, at the absolute maximum, 13 or 14 levels. At MAXIMUM. That's assuming I get good Entity RNG and cheap nodes.

    It’s fifty to sixty thousand a web. Sixty is a conservative estimate.

  • @danielmaster87 said:

    Because if the cap was higher, bp hackers could get more bp. So punishing everyone else for that is BHVR's idea of fairness.

    To be fair, of they can hack bloodpoints thats still the by far not the worst they could do. And thats coming from someone who litteraly got ######### by a dwight once when i played bubba....

  • @Steel_Eyed said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2323004#Comment_2323004

    It’s fifty to sixty thousand a web. Sixty is a conservative estimate.

    Obviously not, otherwise I'd get more than 10-12 levels on average.

  • Database limit somewhere that cant be updated for some reason.

  • @ManWithALemon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2323019#Comment_2323019

    Obviously not, otherwise I'd get more than 10-12 levels on average.

    No thats about right depending on what character you're on and what addons you're aiming to get. I just did a test and calculated how many BP i spent.

    I did it on P3 Pyramid head Bloodweb. Focusing on POTD reach addons (eg: Burning Man painting, wax doll) & ROJ time to be performed. (tablet of oppressor, spearhead).


    1st BW - 56K spent - including 1 red addon and 2 purple

    2nd BW - 54K

    3rd BW - 57K - including 1 red addon and 2 purple

    4th BW - 61K - including 1 red addon and 3 purple

    5th BW - 54K

    6th BW - 56K

    7th BW - 60K - including 1 red addon and 3 purple

    8th BW - 56K - including 1 red addon and 2 purple


    Even when getting red and purple addons, im still spending between 54K minimum and 61K maximum so im not really sure what you are spending yours on to go well above 60K each time. I spend an average of just under 57K which generally means from 1 million BP you should be getting a minimum 17-18 blood webs including variables from bad RNG.

  • @Clueless said:

    New character comes out and you have enough points already to get the stuff you want on them?

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/KZ2BGRZP8EHC/image.png

    And people will argue to death why it's a bad idea to have a much higher if not infinite bp cap, but I haven't really heard a good reason.

  • @Konnor24 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2323048#Comment_2323048

    No thats about right depending on what character you're on and what addons you're aiming to get. I just did a test and calculated how many BP i spent.

    I did it on P3 Pyramid head Bloodweb. Focusing on POTD reach addons (eg: Burning Man painting, wax doll) & ROJ time to be performed. (tablet of oppressor, spearhead).

    1st BW - 56K spent - including 1 red addon and 2 purple

    2nd BW - 54K

    3rd BW - 57K - including 1 red addon and 2 purple

    4th BW - 61K - including 1 red addon and 3 purple

    5th BW - 54K

    6th BW - 56K

    7th BW - 60K - including 1 red addon and 3 purple

    8th BW - 56K - including 1 red addon and 2 purple

    Even when getting red and purple addons, im still spending between 54K minimum and 61K maximum so im not really sure what you are spending yours on to go well above 60K each time. I spend an average of just under 57K which generally means from 1 million BP you should be getting a minimum 17-18 blood webs including variables from bad RNG.

    Thank you for bringing data to support. This has been my experience as well.

  • @ArborTime said:

    I understand the initial reason they had capped the amount of bloodpoints but a simple increase of 500,000 would be super nice.

    My honest guess... BHVR thought ahead for when they actually have special events. If somebody were to accumulate lets say 50 million then they could blow it all during a special event giving them an egregious amount of special items which they possibly didn’t want happening.

  • @Steel_Eyed said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2323264#Comment_2323264

    Thank you for bringing data to support. This has been my experience as well.

    No probs, i mean it should be standard. I rarely see more than 4 purples and 1 red spawn on P3 lvl 50 characters. So if im managing to spend around 60K getting all 4s and a red plus greens yellows and browns, im not sure what kind of Bloodweb hes getting to spend around 83K per blood web. Just sounds like over exaggeration.

  • @Konnor24 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2323327#Comment_2323327

    No probs, i mean it should be standard. I rarely see more than 4 purples and 1 red spawn on P3 lvl 50 characters. So if im managing to spend around 60K getting all 4s and a red plus greens yellows and browns, im not sure what kind of Bloodweb hes getting to spend around 83K per blood web. Just sounds like over exaggeration.

    I definitely agree that 50-60k is the average, but there have been some where I’ve spent north of 70k if I’m going for pinks and purples.

  • @Nebula said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2323383#Comment_2323383

    I definitely agree that 50-60k is the average, but there have been some where I’ve spent north of 70k if I’m going for pinks and purples.

    Oh yeah, if i aim for every single red, purple and green i can definately hit 70k. But thats if the entity doesnt block any and i get very very lucky. That wont happen on every bloodweb. Itll happen on 1 in 10 if that. Im not saying it cant happen, but it wont happen every single BW. the entity works out what you try to do. When i tried to save BP and just level characters for their teachables only going for browns, it knew and countered and went for browns. Itll always try and copy what you do, thus if you're going for the reds and purples after a few bloodwebs itll realise and go for them aswell. Thus stopping you spending as much.

  • @Konnor24 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2323048#Comment_2323048

    No thats about right depending on what character you're on and what addons you're aiming to get. I just did a test and calculated how many BP i spent.

    I did it on P3 Pyramid head Bloodweb. Focusing on POTD reach addons (eg: Burning Man painting, wax doll) & ROJ time to be performed. (tablet of oppressor, spearhead).

    1st BW - 56K spent - including 1 red addon and 2 purple

    2nd BW - 54K

    3rd BW - 57K - including 1 red addon and 2 purple

    4th BW - 61K - including 1 red addon and 3 purple

    5th BW - 54K

    6th BW - 56K

    7th BW - 60K - including 1 red addon and 3 purple

    8th BW - 56K - including 1 red addon and 2 purple

    Even when getting red and purple addons, im still spending between 54K minimum and 61K maximum so im not really sure what you are spending yours on to go well above 60K each time. I spend an average of just under 57K which generally means from 1 million BP you should be getting a minimum 17-18 blood webs including variables from bad RNG.

    God I wish that were me. I hate deciding to level up with 1 million points only to get nothing fast.

  • because the BlOoD pOiNt eCoNoMy, I dont know because they just dont care about QoL changes anymore or something

  • just spend them. im petty and pedantic and i got no beef with it

  • @danielmaster87 said:

    Because if the cap was higher, bp hackers could get more bp. So punishing everyone else for that is BHVR's idea of fairness.

    Or they could actually do something to try prevent that instead of taking the easy way out. :')

  • It's not because of hackers. McLean said on one of his streams that it's so people can't max out new characters day one and get bored. Not a good sign when the devs have such little faith in their own content that they think people will get bored without some grind to keep them interested.

  • I assume so its easier to catch hackers but who knows