To those that feel they need self care..

I used to be a big SC user, but then realised the time it took made for it to be not so useful, and at higher ranks survivors are more team players. My suggestion to replace SC and its great. BOND!
If you are injured then just find a survivor. There heals are so much faster and of course added bonus, you can find survivors to Co op on gens etc. Don't think I will be using SC again, long live SC ;-) 

Comments

  • sc takes about 20secs at half speed (or something similar) you are saying to find another player (which may or may not still be alive) to then force them to spend 10seconds of their time AND 10seconds of yours (back to 20secs of survivor time spent), not to mention time it takes to find them, get to them, and get them to start healing.

    your numbers dont add up. it is irresponsible to not run sc
  • @Lowbei said:
    sc takes about 20secs at half speed (or something similar) you are saying to find another player (which may or may not still be alive) to then force them to spend 10seconds of their time AND 10seconds of yours (back to 20secs of survivor time spent), not to mention time it takes to find them, get to them, and get them to start healing.

    your numbers dont add up. it is irresponsible to not run sc

    40 seconds with SC, full heal if there aren't other effects. Pretty sweet. I was also considering Bond because of this, and Autodidact.

  • Hey I would still say consider SC at low ranks as survivors can be self centered and look out for no 1 but higher ranks team work is more common and if you find a survivor with bond they will happily heal you at a faster rate and if you find then at a gen then both can knock that out
  • Self care is considered the best perk in the game at the moment. It is def a 'must have' perk, and it always will be until there is something actually done about it (if there will ever be a future nerf on the amount of times you can heal yourself.)

    Honestly its really risky to not run self care, at least in my opinion.

  • I am a killer main and when I play survivor I use SC all the time, because I know that it is a important perk.
    I am ok with the global healing perk, since it helps prolonging the game and make single hits somewhat meaningful, but SC will stay top meta, since global healing got nerfed and not just SC.
    They advantage of having it is still the same, just the overall numbers increased.

  • Hey I would still say consider SC at low ranks as survivors can be self centered and look out for no 1 but higher ranks team work is more common and if you find a survivor with bond they will happily heal you at a faster rate and if you find then at a gen then both can knock that out
    not everyone at high rank needs to swf. i would argue that sc is good at any rank.
  • SC is good, but I don’t run it purely just to make the game harder on myself. Survivor is boring and there isn’t enough actual “danger” for my taste. Bond is objectively better, but SC is really a “must have” as a back up plan. If you’re not using self care, you’re either dumb not to, or just want to make the game more challenging. 

    I used to hate self care and how it make taking hits completely negligentible, but now with the healing nerf and running Sloppy Butcher on all my Killers... as A Killer I say “Oh please do use Self Care. Enjoy that 40 seconds of time wasted healing while I continue to hunt.” It punishes Survivors who think they are hot ######### body blocking, or who are cocky and think they can just “shrug off” me smacking them upside their heads. 
  • I've not been using SC for a very long time. I felt like I could get better at the game without it, so I stopped using. Using Bond instead now.

  • Ok in my opinion Self care and borrowed time are a must for any survivor along with a couple of your own perk choices.

    I run
    Self care
    Borrowed time
    We're gonna live forever
    And another perk of my choice which I can't remember off the top of my head, to early in morning lol.

    I get by fine with this build
  • I welcome the debate, I just went on personal experience. I play higher rank and have level 3 bond, so if I am injured I find a survivor, get healed quickly and then join my fellow survivor doing objectives. Also gives me another slot to use. I can definitely see why SC used at low ranks and I suppose the beauty of the game is certain perks suit different game plays
  • @branchini1979 said:
    I used to be a big SC user, but then realised the time it took made for it to be not so useful, and at higher ranks survivors are more team players. My suggestion to replace SC and its great. BOND!
    If you are injured then just find a survivor. There heals are so much faster and of course added bonus, you can find survivors to Co op on gens etc. Don't think I will be using SC again, long live SC ;-) 

    BOND is a useless perk. Voice comms already provide that, ez pez

  • Bond its great, this is meant to be a horror game and I play solo. Swf is fine IMHO but voice commas should be banned
  • After the increased heal time I've dropped self care. It's not worth having anymore.

    I already predict we'll make it to become meta followed by an eventual nerf. If you don't have the convenience of a med kit for every single game you play then you might as well not heal yourself. 

    Tbh I have a feeling they will revert the change or nerf sloppy butcher soon. 
  • Still prefer healing myself after chase while others are doing gens.
  • Oblitiry said:
    After the increased heal time I've dropped self care. If you don't have the convenience of a med kit for every single game you play
    *Pharmacy Intensifies*
  • @Peasant said:
    Oblitiry said:
    After the increased heal time I've dropped self care. If you don't have the convenience of a med kit for every single game you play
    *Pharmacy Intensifies*

  • @Gamzello said:
    Self care is considered the best perk in the game at the moment. It is def a 'must have' perk, and it always will be until there is something actually done about it (if there will ever be a future nerf on the amount of times you can heal yourself.)

    Honestly its really risky to not run self care, at least in my opinion.

    Before the patch it was definitely, however, we'll see how it fairs now with the healing time nerf.

  • This content has been removed.
  • Lowbei said:
    sc takes about 20secs at half speed (or something similar) you are saying to find another player (which may or may not still be alive) to then force them to spend 10seconds of their time AND 10seconds of yours (back to 20secs of survivor time spent), not to mention time it takes to find them, get to them, and get them to start healing.

    your numbers dont add up. it is irresponsible to not run sc
    Sorry dude its 32 seconds because of the heal nerf. It takes 16 seconds to be healed by survivors so that x2 gets you 32.
  • I tried not running SC. Here's the problem; other survivors are morons. I like to run bond so I can find other survivors to help heal me and I can find survivors who need help being healed. The problem is you run up to someone and they ignore you. They either keep going on injured, just self-care themselves(despite there being 2 people there who could do it in half the time), or they ignore your need to be healed. And these are in safe situations, no killer around. This is my biggest frustration playing survivor, other survivors.

    You sir just nailed on the head the exact reason I now run sc like just got unhooked in killer radius I go to run and hide they heal me I then die because I couldn't move a once from the hook
  • I prefer depending on myself, so Self Care is only natural to me.
    Which i don't like, i also never liked how Brutal Strength was "required" for a while.

  • Oblitiry said:
    @Peasant said:
    Oblitiry said:
    After the increased heal time I've dropped self care. If you don't have the convenience of a med kit for every single game you play
    *Pharmacy Intensifies*

    "Heed my call." (Pharmacy)
  • Foregoing self-care is actually extremely liberating. I've been loving using bond instead. But sometimes when I'm playing solo, I need to put it back on. I seem to always run into a string of games where nobody wants to heal each other, which is a shame.

    But yeah, my SWF buddy and I never bring it anymore when we play together.

  • Bond has always been a good Self Care replacement, tbh.

  • Bond has always been a good Self Care replacement, tbh.

    What about Pharmacy?