Keys are VEERRRY fun

2 survivors alive

2 gens left


10 minutes checking generators without anyone work on them


both survivors escape via hatch using a key


SCORE SCREEN:

plunderer instinct

Comments

  • Keys should not spawn in chests, if this continues killers should be able to find moris on the ground too.

  • They are annoying but I’d rather see them nerf some of the more ridiculous killer addons first.

    There’s still quite a few “I win” addons the killer can equip that I think are more problematic since only a SWF will really be able to make a key super strong.

    Solo Q having 2-3 people escape through the hatch is super rare. As opposed to a 5 gen slaughter because of rusty shackles, mother daughter ring, tombstone piece, award winning chili, etc.

  • @Yogerman1997 said:

    2 survivors alive

    2 gens left

    10 minutes checking generators without anyone work on them

    both survivors escape via hatch using a key

    SCORE SCREEN:

    plunderer instinct

    Here's how to fix keys:

    • Hatch will only spawn when there's either one survivor alive or the exit gates are activated.
    • Key's have a new secondary effect other than aura reading

    Done, keys aren't OP and have a purpose other than opening the hatch.

  • @Yogerman1997 said:

    2 survivors alive

    2 gens left

    10 minutes checking generators without anyone work on them

    both survivors escape via hatch using a key

    SCORE SCREEN:

    plunderer instinct

    Lol but you learned did you? If gens aren’t moving for 10 min as you say, then you’d guess they might be looking for hatch. Live and learn.

  • @van9684 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/261428/keys-are-veerrry-fun

    Lol but you learned did you? If gens aren’t moving for 10 min as you say, then you’d guess they might be looking for hatch. Live and learn.

    It can be hard to find survivors that don't want to be found. It's not the OP's fault the survivors chickened out of their deserved loss.

  • Me as a killer after 3 survivors escape through hatch while there's still 2 gens left to complete: yEs KeYs ArE gReAt!

  • @eleventbh said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2314386#Comment_2314386

    It can be hard to find survivors that don't want to be found. It's not the OP's fault the survivors chickened out of their deserved loss.

    When given the option, most people will try to win. It's not the survivors' fault that they wanted to escape, that's literally the point of the role.

  • @SilentPill said:

    They are annoying but I’d rather see them nerf some of the more ridiculous killer addons first.

    There’s still quite a few “I win” addons the killer can equip that I think are more problematic since only a SWF will really be able to make a key super strong.

    Solo Q having 2-3 people escape through the hatch is super rare. As opposed to a 5 gen slaughter because of rusty shackles, mother daughter ring, tombstone piece, award winning chili, etc.

    Unfortunately these add ons probably won’t be changed barring mother daughter ring. Things like scalped topknot still haven’t been changed either

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2315525#Comment_2315525

    When given the option, most people will try to win. It's not the survivors' fault that they wanted to escape, that's literally the point of the role.

    Sure, it's not the survivors fault, it's the design of the game.

    So wanting the way hatches/keys function to be changed isn't unreasonable.

  • @Purgatorian said:

    Keys should not spawn in chests, if this continues killers should be able to find moris on the ground too.

    Or the key should only spawn in one chest that requires long time to unlock and spawns in the Killers basement.

    I do not dislike key just like that. I hate the fact that you have to find and camp the hatch in most scenarios. Camping the hatch is about as much fun as watching paint dry. Give me a good chase, tense hide and seek or something and I am fine with 2 people escaping with only 3 gens done...

  • @Gwinty said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2314229#Comment_2314229

    Or the key should only spawn in one chest that requires long time to unlock and spawns in the Killers basement.

    I do not dislike key just like that. I hate the fact that you have to find and camp the hatch in most scenarios. Camping the hatch is about as much fun as watching paint dry. Give me a good chase, tense hide and seek or something and I am fine with 2 people escaping with only 3 gens done...

    If keys could only spawn in the basement, and the basement always spawned a key... that would just make all killers want to camp the basement.

  • @Seraphor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2315557#Comment_2315557

    Sure, it's not the survivors fault, it's the design of the game.

    So wanting the way hatches/keys function to be changed isn't unreasonable.

    Of course, 100% agreed. I myself think that, at the very least, keys should not spawn in chests.

  • @Purgatorian said:

    Keys should not spawn in chests, if this continues killers should be able to find moris on the ground too.

    imo keys should ONLY spawn in chests, not something you can take into a trial or take with you out of a trial.

  • In a game where depending on how efficient survivors are, most of a time of a trial will be spent contesting the last 2 gens, keys are just a horribly designed item. You're pretty much in a position where you can never kill anyone because as soon as you do, they can just use the key and escape, so they get tons of pressure for no reason other than they equipped an item.

    It's a ######### item.

  • The odds of me finding a useable key in a chest and actually getting to use it are a lot, lot lower than the killer running NOED during a successful run for my team and slugging us all before we can escape. Not saying that keys should never be changed, but I feel like it's not as common as people make it out to be.

  • @Seraphor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2315564#Comment_2315564

    If keys could only spawn in the basement, and the basement always spawned a key... that would just make all killers want to camp the basement.

    True that. Keys need a general rework.

    My point with this hasty suggestion was: Give me something to interact with. Even flashlights offer more interaction than keys and I hate flashlights (they are not generaly overpowered, I just personaly dislike them). My idea was that if the survivors could play to "earn" the key and the Killer could intercept that, then I would like this.

  • Make keys make an audible sound and take 10 seconds to open the hatch. Done.

  • @Gwinty said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2315569#Comment_2315569

    True that. Keys need a general rework.

    My point with this hasty suggestion was: Give me something to interact with. Even flashlights offer more interaction than keys and I hate flashlights (they are not generaly overpowered, I just personaly dislike them). My idea was that if the survivors could play to "earn" the key and the Killer could intercept that, then I would like this.

    Maybe make it so keys need to be charged up to be used. They start with 0 charges, and regain charges by certain actions, maybe being in a chase.

    Then opening the hatch requires a certain amount of charge.

  • @Spencerjnlouis said:

    Me as a killer after 3 survivors escape through hatch while there's still 2 gens left to complete: yEs KeYs ArE gReAt!

    That can't happen because there would be 4 gens done before hatch spawns if 3 survivors use hatch.

  • @BioX said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2314229#Comment_2314229

    imo keys should ONLY spawn in chests, not something you can take into a trial or take with you out of a trial.

    I had to run keys yesterday to get the escape with ultra rare 2 times challenge yesterday. Hated every minute of it, had no maps left to use and felt rotten bringing the keys in, really do not like them in this game.

    Needless to say it was quite a challenge as I got tunnelled out of most of the games. I don't blame the killers though as I would do the same to people who bring keys in.

  • @NMCKE said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/261428/keys-are-veerrry-fun

    Here's how to fix keys:

    • Hatch will only spawn when there's either one survivor alive or the exit gates are activated.
    • Key's have a new secondary effect other than aura reading

    Done, keys aren't OP and have a purpose other than opening the hatch.

    hatch also needs an opening animation so we can pull them off

  • @Lord_Tony said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2314304#Comment_2314304

    hatch also needs an opening animation so we can pull them off

    I mean IF the grab works.