Plague is Fun but is UP

I enjoy playing as the Plague but man she in UP AKA Underpowered. What tier is she?

Comments

  • High B/low A tier. She has some clunky mechanics but she's not underpowered. Very high skill cap killer. Not many know how to play her optimally.

  • C Tier. She can be ungodly powerful against survivors who are not very good but against anyone who knows what they're doing, she's pretty pathetic. But killing potatoes isn't exactly impressive...

    I'd consider putting her in the B Tier if her powers were consistent at least. If I had a nickel for every time I hit someone (they screamed and everything so it's not like I missed and didn't realize it), I'd have like...five kajillion nickels. One of the most frustrating parts of playing her, ESPECIALLY when you are against really good survivors who know how to tightly loop and therefore it's one of the few times you actually had the chance to get a shot in...

    She's damn fun to play as (one of my favorites) but I never go into a match expecting to win with her at red ranks.

  • I would say A tier, but she requires a very skilled killer; not so much mechanically but you need to be incredibly focused and organised, much more so than other killers. You'll have to make a lot of judgement calls which can either make or break your match; and much of it is determined by how the survivors play too, so you'll need to adapt to each team from match to match.

  • If she is up, pull her down.

  • From what I've seen she takes a lot of skill. I'd put her in B+.

  • She's not underpowered at all. She just requires a lot of decisionmaking. Learning how to use her shots takes some skill (shooting over structures or through gaps is the strongest and most skilled thing you can do with it; otherwise it's just learning her distance and when to wiggle the mouse), but you really need to know when to act - when to infect people, when to take your power, what to do with your power when you take it, et cetera. There are drawbacks; committing too hard to an M2 or an M1 can extend a chase when the other method would have been quicker, infecting players too much can reset your fountains, going for your power at the wrong time or wrong place can let the survivor you're chasing get away/can waste enough time to let survivors finish a gen/can waste enough time to let survivors reposition and you don't know where any of them are anymore, and Corrupt Purge gets its best use if you're harassing several survivors with it, not just one, so taking a really nicely located fountain and only getting one survivor with it isn't a good trade. Even if you down an uninfected survivor and puke on them on the hook - which is more important right now, getting a fountain or forcing the survivor to heal manually? Especially when some or most of his teammates can't heal him without getting him sick? Sometimes you're better off not doing it.

    Plague's strong, but you have to be flexible and ready to deal with many different scenarios for each match depending on how the survivors play. I'd recommend Discordance for people starting out with her to get a handle on how and when you should be using Corrupt Purge.

  • I would say the opposite - she is strong, but not fun to play.

    At the very least you have 4 Survivors as a Oneshot the whole game. Combine this with Perks like Thanatophobia or Infectious Fright and you have either some solid Slowdown and/or Snowball Potential.

    And if she has her Corrupt Purge, her Snowball Potential is even higher, her ability is stupid strong IMO. There is a reason why Survivors prefer to stay injured the whole game while making non-removable sounds.

    However, this is the problem, she might not get access to her power (except for that one fountain and if you decide to bring Apples). Which makes her pretty boring to play IMO.

    But she is definitely not weak or underpowered.

  • She is a very good killer, arguably one of the best, somewhere alongside Oni, Slinger and Pyramid Head. She just also happens to be very, very difficult.

  • Plague Main here. She is a very strong Killer, High B/Low A in a tierlist. The only main problem that she has is that her fountains have horrible spawns. Having to walk across the entire map just to get Corrupt can give the Survivors so much time to do gens. Plus as of right now, her Vile Purge can be inconsistent where even though you may hit a Survivor with it, it doesn't infect them.

    Like I said, she is a strong Killer but she just has a few clunky mechanics that need to be ironed out.

  • Another Plague Main here, but I dont care for tier lists or anything. She is just fun to play and alot of my matches go really well with her. 🥺


    But god does she feel high risk low reward somtimes. Not to mention I know when my puke misses it would 110% hit me as a survivor