So let's talk about the upcoming event
After the massive failure of the Halloween event last year BHVR promised that they would put much more effort into their anniversary and halloween events.
So let's see what's new in this event. For one we have the daily rotation of the shrine, neat. We have the reskins of wraith and David's default skins. They made an anniversary toolbox, and a gift of 9000 shards for every player during the event. They also slightly redesigned the crown. The event offering now has an extra 1% to the bloodpoint increase, wow!
Now, in game is an entirely different story. The event is the exact same as last year, with no change to the gameplay. You still do the exact same song and dance as last anniversary.
So instead of putting extra effort into the gameplay, they put some effort into everything except the gameplay. Now I don't know about you, but to me the gameplay of a special event matters a lot.
The rotating shrine and iridescent shards are cool, don't get me wrong. But I would have rather seen those resources go towards making the gameplay of the event more exciting, and different from last year.
This doesn't feel even close to the extra effort that was promised for this event.
Comments
If they wanted to recycle an event, at least they should have chosen a different one.
I would love for them to recycle the original hallowed blight, flaws and all.
Definitely a much cooler event than this.
So many options: Hallowed Blight, Scorching Summer BBQ, Howling Grounds, and this list goes on.
Ah i remember scorching summer BBQ. It was fun, even if it was a little plain.
Sadly, I wasn't here at the time. I started during Winter Solstice.
But from what I've seen and heard, Summer BBQ was one of the best events ever.
The massacre that is the Blightet Event from last year.
Oh, boi I do remember that one.
When I mean massacre, I mean on the forums.
It was pretty cool, but I would give that title to the moonrise event.
It didn't suffer from as many problems as the original hallowed blight, and shook up the gameplay.
It was fun to see everyone roasting the devs together.
Plus it was also fun to see the mods actually enforcing the rules because of how angry everyone was XD
This one I remember all too well. I scoured the maps as Old Freddy looking for those lamps.
At least they were visible, a lot more than the crowns are.
When I meant massacre, I didn't mean roast, although it's also there.
I meant the massacre of the forum members.
Yeah, there is that. I didn't get many of them tho, barely enough for a cosmetic.
Oh that, still remember how many people got banned. Plus that megathread that did nothing but put BHVR into damage control mode.
The amount of actual work put into the upcoming event (assuming it comes the way it was announced) barely exceeds null, as it's a set of ctrl+c/ctrl+v of already existing elements in a different mix.
There's like 1 or two actual new things, even then they're reskins.
Margaritha gens, let's GOOOOOO!!!
bring back the first blight event I wanna milk flowers 😳
Those things looked so cool
Wish I was here for that. Arguably the best event in DBD's history.
Definitely when the lore took more of a spotlight too.
My first event was... Halloween, as I started to play in October 2020. So... May I ask how were the events before? Like with new gameplay?
I'd be excited to do something new (a new objective the time of the event, etc.).
Oh boy the events 2 years before it were great.
The original hallowed blight introduced us to new lore with 12 journal entries and three cutscenes. It also allowed us to earn event currency by harvesting nectar from a secondary objective. Where the killers had to hook on cancerous hooks.
It came out with seven themed skins total. One for Dwight, Claudetter, Trapper, Billy, Wraith, Doctor, and Huntress.
It had it's issues, but still the greatest event in my mind.
The scorching summer BBQ event is the event I missed the most, it occured during one of the greatest moments in my life.
Me and my friend just binged DbD throughout the summer and the event kept it positive for us.
New lore is always cool! I wish I was around!
Sadly after that it was all downhill. Events got smaller and smaller with much less effort being put into them.
Then came halloween 2020...
I'm excited for this event but it's still very disappointing that they copied and pasted the entire event from last year's anniversary with minor changes. Laziness at its peak. I wish I didn't take a break from DBD during its other events.
Oh well, at least I have another chance to get Jesus Jeff.
So much for BHVR putting "Extra effort" into this event.
Lately I've been saying that I have a lot of faith in BEhaviour but do I really mean it? Maybe (not)
The 5th Anniversary's Event will NOT be a cashgrab disaster, so excited yay...
Can we get a moment of silence for that beautiful gen and old Coldwind? :(
I'll never get over how at Halloween 2020 BHVR added a bunch of skins with no way to earn them and they called it ,,an event''. Atleast I got Elodie with the free shards they gave out.
Good memories, forever close to our hearts.
I had high expectations for the Anniversary and Halloween events considering BHVR cut back on the rest of the events, but this rehash of an Anniversary event is making me wonder where the extra time from the other events went towards. Whatever the case is, I'm not expecting the Halloween event to be any better than last year.
It went to breaking the game.