Most of Nemesis' gimmicks serve no purpose other than to make him worse, and he doesn't need it.

If his power was just...

  • Hold M2 to charge a Tentacle Strike, M1 to release
  • Tentacle Strike does damage and breaks pallets in a 6 meter line

...and that was it, he would barely be a B-tier killer. Boring, but not awful.

This is before all his gimmicks come in and just nerf him unnecessarily.

  • Mutation rates are not upgrades, they're your baseline power level artificially locked behind a level up system because BHVR couldn't figure out how to make Nemesis throw people.
  • Contamination/Vaccuines are not a real debuff/side objective, it's two free bonus health states per game per survivor disguised as a power, because apparently the devs liked the way Trickster was received.
  • Zombies are kinda cool. Useless for the most part, but they sometimes come in handy for tracking. The real problem with them is that despite being pretty useless, they soak up half your add-ons

You're a completely immobile killer who has to hit survivors three times (with your short, thin, clunky projectile) to get a down for your first two chases on each survivor. Your chase isn't awful later on, but holy ######### I can't look at Nemesis and see anything better than a C tier killer.

They tried to add too much to his kit, and it just came out as a detriment.

Comments

  • Honestly they need to rework his entire kit and implement some sort of mobility. Nerf the zombies or even his tentacle, but give him his dash. Put it on a 60 second cooldown with a 2.5 second wind-up time like Doctor's Static Blast.

  • @Bluebird said:

    Honestly they need to rework his entire kit and implement some sort of mobility. Nerf the zombies or even his tentacle, but give him his dash. Put it on a 60 second cooldown with a 2.5 second wind-up time like Doctor's Static Blast.

    They wouldn't even have to do that.

    The Zombies are already pretty garbage, and even the tier 3 tentacle isn't that good.

    I say they give T3 Nemesis something like Blood Fury, where he becomes crazy mobile for a little while but then regresses to mutation 2.

  • Just another killer that wasn't very well thought out or tested, and went live with no changed because BHVR is tone deaf to feedback.

  • I must be the only one to find his only flaws are the early game and his zombies serving much less value to the killer on larger maps.

    With existing perks and add-ons that mitigate his weakness, I’ve found him to be powerful and effective in every rank, and I don’t think this will change in the future.

    I find him great to play against too, I just love all the aspects about him and I, in no way, find any part of his kit to be detrimental.

    I’ve maybe played 15-20 games and It’s not enough to form a great opinion on the guy, but there’s only been 2 games where I got 2k’s, 4 3k’s, and the rest were 4K’s (I’m rank4 rn)


    I’m seeing as this is the general consensus (this posts opinion), but I highly disagree. I find him to be low A.

  • @TheGorgon said:

    I must be the only one to find his only flaws are the early game and his zombies serving much less value to the killer on larger maps.

    With existing perks and add-ons that mitigate his weakness, I’ve found him to be powerful and effective in every rank, and I don’t think this will change in the future.

    I find him great to play against too, I just love all the aspects about him and I, in no way, find any part of his kit to be detrimental.

    Ive played maybe 15-20 games and It’s not enough to form a great opinion on the guy, but there’s only been 2 games where I got 2k’s, 4 3k’s, and the rest were 4K’s (I’m rank4 rn)

    I’m seeing as this is the general consensus (this posts opinion), but I highly disagree. I find him to be low A.

    I agree, I dont understand what the issue is, he's pretty reliable to play as and fun to play against.

    They also did listen and changed it so you can tier up off survivors - buffed his perks. Nemesis feels like hes in a good place and strong with practice.

  • @TheGorgon said:

    I must be the only one to find his only flaws are the early game and his zombies serving much less value to the killer on larger maps.

    With existing perks and add-ons that mitigate his weakness, I’ve found him to be powerful and effective in every rank, and I don’t think this will change in the future.

    I find him great to play against too, I just love all the aspects about him and I, in no way, find any part of his kit to be detrimental.

    Ive played maybe 15-20 games and It’s not enough to form a great opinion on the guy, but there’s only been 2 games where I got 2k’s, 4 3k’s, and the rest were 4K’s (I’m rank4 rn)

    I’m seeing as this is the general consensus (this posts opinion), but I highly disagree. I find him to be low A.

    Same, he's somewhat consistent in his capabilities on many maps.

  • Vaccines do NOT heal survivors. They remove Contamination. Nothing more. Contamination is a TRACKING tool, allowing you to audibly track where even HEALTHY survivors are. Contamination also makes survivors more prone to being heard by nearby Zombies.

  • Also you’re not meant to commit to a 3 hit chase with a healthy survivor.

    Want to know WHY one of his perks is Lethal Pursuer? Because you’re meant to get every survivor contaminated ASAP by using hit n run tactics. Once they’re contaminated they’re easier to find/track, and THEN you can commit to chases with them. And if you’re lucky perhaps some of them have been harassed by Zombies while you’re doing you’re early game “set up”

  • @Bard said:

    If his power was just...

    • Hold M2 to charge a Tentacle Strike, M1 to release
    • Tentacle Strike does damage and breaks pallets in a 6 meter line

    ...and that was it, he would barely be a B-tier killer. Boring, but not awful.

    This is before all his gimmicks come in and just nerf him unnecessarily.

    • Mutation rates are not upgrades, they're your baseline power level artificially locked behind a level up system because BHVR couldn't figure out how to make Nemesis throw people.
    • Contamination/Vaccuines are not a real debuff/side objective, it's two free bonus health states per game per survivor disguised as a power, because apparently the devs liked the way Trickster was received.
    • Zombies are kinda cool. Useless for the most part, but they sometimes come in handy for tracking. The real problem with them is that despite being pretty useless, they soak up half your add-ons

    You're a completely immobile killer who has to hit survivors three times (with your short, thin, clunky projectile) to get a down for your first two chases on each survivor. Your chase isn't awful later on, but holy ######### I can't look at Nemesis and see anything better than a C tier killer.

    They tried to add too much to his kit, and it just came out as a detriment.

    He is reverse plague basically. The only real change i'd like to see is that they make it so survivors don't get a speed boost when you infect them. It doesn't make sense, especially since they get hindered as well. Why not just make it so they don't get the speed boost?

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    The zombies implementation feels super forced, like something to tell us "hey we can do AI we are so cool". On PTB they were cool but now I realize how boring they are. For killer you'll rarely see the zombie hitting anyone, and for survivor they are super annoying due to slowing down your objectives for free (didn't they learn with Freddy?).

    I agree 100% with you. They tried to complicate too much a killer that should be super simple and straightforward.


    Well, out of only 2 games played yesterday (first for adept, 2nd for good sleep) Zombies hit 3 survivors in total. That's fine.

    In first they infected once an injured survivor and later downed a survivor trying to pick up a slug.

    In second game, They got me a down on a loop, as they blocked a path for injured and infected survivor.


    I think that is a good ratio for a side power that acts as a tracking ability, map cleaning (pallet drops) and weak but still present map pressure. All this is passive.


    I don't see the issue you are trying to describe it.

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    Vaccines do NOT heal survivors. They remove Contamination. Nothing more. Contamination is a TRACKING tool, allowing you to audibly track where even HEALTHY survivors are. Contamination also makes survivors more prone to being heard by nearby Zombies.

    If they inject, you need to hit them one more time for a down. This is a hit that requires you to get close, requires you to make an outplay, and gives them a speed boost afterwards.

    Even if not in name, that is a heal. Contamination is a third health state.

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    Also you’re not meant to commit to a 3 hit chase with a healthy survivor.

    Want to know WHY one of his perks is Lethal Pursuer? Because you’re meant to get every survivor contaminated ASAP by using hit n run tactics. Once they’re contaminated they’re easier to find/track, and THEN you can commit to chases with them. And if you’re lucky perhaps some of them have been harassed by Zombies while you’re doing you’re early game “set up”

    Not sure what matches you’re playing buddy but this doesn’t happen, trust me I've tried this exact approach and it doesn’t work.


    Once the match starts you find a Survivor and contaminate them, you move on find to the next one and contaminate them. Only the first Survivor has found a Vaccine and used it.

    So now you’re 2 - 3 minutes into the match, with zero pressure and you know what happens next.


    Every killer will agree getting pressure is top priority at the start of the match, hooking a survivor is the beginning of your pressure.


    You can get this with Nemesis by simply using his punch ability... Doing so negates his power completely.

    It can be argued Tentacle Strike can hit over junk pile loops, pallets, and through windows. However the speed boost survivors get from a successful strike, on top of waiting for the TS animation to finish, allows the survivor to get to another loop. Which extends the overall chase, as a result of which you lose further pressure

  • @Bluebird said:

    Honestly they need to rework his entire kit and implement some sort of mobility. Nerf the zombies or even his tentacle, but give him his dash. Put it on a 60 second cooldown with a 2.5 second wind-up time like Doctor's Static Blast.

    The insane obsession with reworks is quickly becoming the most frustrating parts of this community.

    Can we get used to how his power is currently before thinking of throwing it in the thrash can and starting over.

  • @Sonzaishinai said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2275799#Comment_2275799

    The insane obsession with reworks is quickly becoming the most frustrating parts of this community.

    Can we get used to how his power is currently before thinking of throwing it in the thrash can and starting over.

    Agree ppl want to rework everything apperantly like #########

  • Nemesis is fine. His ranged attack is essentially short-range Deathslinger and impossible to dodge if the killer is good, you actually want survivors to cleanse becuase infecting survivors gives you a massive mutation boost and it also wastes much more of their time than yours.

  • @MadLordJack said:

    Nemesis is fine. His ranged attack is essentially short-range Deathslinger and impossible to dodge if the killer is good, you actually want survivors to cleanse becuase infecting survivors gives you a massive mutation boost and it also wastes much more of their time than yours.

    no, you do not want survivors to cleanse because extra speed boost is just added chase time. The short-range ability is so short that its probably worse then a lunge attack at base distance-wise and the same as lunge attack at tier 3(have not tested this). Bards whole point is that he is explaining that nemesis entire kit is full unnecessary complications that are just drawbacks without any real tangible benefits.

  • @Bard said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2275913#Comment_2275913

    If they inject, you need to hit them one more time for a down. This is a hit that requires you to get close, requires you to make an outplay, and gives them a speed boost afterwards.

    Even if not in name, that is a heal. Contamination is a third health state.

    Not if you punch them. :P

  • @Devil_hit11 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2276031#Comment_2276031

    no, you do not want survivors to cleanse because extra speed boost is just added chase time. The short-range ability is so short that its probably worse then a lunge attack at base distance-wise and the same as lunge attack at tier 3(have not tested this). Bards whole point is that he is explaining that nemesis entire kit is full unnecessary complications that are just drawbacks without any real tangible benefits.

    Yeah, I really do want survivors to cleanse and to heal, because it means they're not doing generators and I can get to T3 faster.

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    Vaccines do NOT heal survivors. They remove Contamination. Nothing more. Contamination is a TRACKING tool, allowing you to audibly track where even HEALTHY survivors are. Contamination also makes survivors more prone to being heard by nearby Zombies.

    If infecting them gives a free sprint burst then it is a third health state in my eyes. This part of his power is literally stupid and should be removed... you get infected and he has his hit animation but NO FREE SPRINT there isn't enough time to deal with that.

    That being said i have zero gen perks on him so am suffering the full brunt of survivors oh so skilful and epic ability to hold m1 on generators when not being chased by the single killer with no map pressure.