How Do We Fix Keys?

I personally think making it a in game chest item only is enough. Don't allow people to bring it basically. Idk if that will solve the blatant rob they can be at times. As long as they keep Keys in the game, they can give that feeling of robbery, but idk if removing them is the right thing to do.

What do you all think is the best way to fix the keys?

Comments

  • @Gnarly said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2270137#Comment_2270137

    Keys don't need to be in the game then...

    When used it's rewarding the survivors for messing up. It's a I WIN move and there is no counter.

    Ok a noed rewards bad killers. Keys are fine as long as noed stays the way it is

  • @fr0sty1223 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2270186#Comment_2270186

    Ok a noed rewards bad killers. Keys are fine as long as noed stays the way it is

    You can prevent NOED, in fact encourages survivors to do totems. I blame my team and myself if NOED occurs. Some maps are bs, but you have Totem perks and there isn't anything preventing keys.

  • @thrawn3054 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2297010#Comment_2297010

    Hatch is only a big deal when keys are involved. The best suggestion I've seen has been hatch only spawns if all gens are done. Or there's only one survivor left. This is by far the easiest solution and I believe the best one.

    Bringing a key into the trial seems stupid though. You are bringing an item that changes the goal post and if you make hatch spawn after all gens are done, then the killer has nothing to do now. Keys are too easy to use and maybe they need a skill check along with an animation.

  • Pink key - all can escape if enough gens done.

    Purple key - personal only key holder can escape if enough gens done.

    Green key - can also open chests quicker.

    Killer main, keys dont bother me if brought in or found it is what it is.

  • @kickasskiel said:

    Pink key - all can escape if enough gens done.

    Purple key - personal only key holder can escape if enough gens done.

    Green key - can also open chests quicker.

    Killer main, keys dont bother me if brought in or found it is what it is.

    I like that you try to make the green key useful...😂 mad respect to you

  • Keys don't need a fix. If you want to take out keys I want the hatch to not be closable. You can wait at the hatch for an hour while I stealth behind you like the old days.

    Keys are the solution to the hatch being closable. NOT a problem.

  • @kisfenkin said:

    Keys don't need a fix. If you want to take out keys I want the hatch to not be closable. You can wait at the hatch for an hour while I stealth behind you like the old days.

    Keys are the solution to the hatch being closable. NOT a problem.

    Those instances are small compared to how the Keys are actually used. You just come off as a entitled survivor main with that mindset. If the hatch can't be closed like it use to be then you want an easy win.

  • @Sluzzy said:

    What's wrong with keys?

    Statistically it's been said they have a very small success rate. Tiny.

    A lot of effort to make them work. Must live, do enough objectives and actually find hatch.

    I hardly used keys because it's rare for the hatch to spawn in a typical match and you spend so much time looking for it you can do a gen. Keys are not as common as killer mains make it out to be.

    I rarely see survivors bring keys because they know its an automatic death wish. When a killer sees a survivor with the key they will undoubtedly camp that person to death. Way I see it keys are useless because you will end up dead anyways.

  • @LylakLavender said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2270137#Comment_2270137

    I rarely see survivors bring keys because they know its an automatic death wish. When a killer sees a survivor with the key they will undoubtedly camp that person to death. Way I see it keys are useless because you will end up dead anyways.

    You won't be dead if you bring a key...in fact I can argue that I may die sure, but killing me only makes the other 3 escaping much easier.

  • Oof, that didn't age very well.

  • Gotta save this comment for YEARS😂

    Its all sluzzys fault

  • @Gnarly said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2290669#Comment_2290669

    NOED needs all gens done which depends on the survivors to do. The killer still has to then chase and BASIC ATTACK someone to down them and it only lasts as long as their is a totem and if there is one.

    Keys are something people leave in the basement or somewhere so whoever is last alive or if hatch spawns, they can pick it up and leave without any warning.

    They are not the same thing

    Of course they aren't the same thing, nobody is saying that. I'm drawing equivalences in certain aspects. DBD is an asymmetrical game for a reason.

    NOED requires that all generators be complete, which means that you haven't been playing well. Otherwise, you can close the hatch to prematurely trigger this. Keys require that you either be down a survivor, which means you haven't been playing very well (or someone got tunneled), and if you make it to the endgame, it can be a premature activation. But in both senses, they give both sides an unearned boon in the endgame.

  • @ShamelessPigMain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2293996#Comment_2293996

    Of course they aren't the same thing, nobody is saying that. I'm drawing equivalences in certain aspects. DBD is an asymmetrical game for a reason.

    NOED requires that all generators be complete, which means that you haven't been playing well. Otherwise, you can close the hatch to prematurely trigger this. Keys require that you either be down a survivor, which means you haven't been playing very well (or someone got tunneled), and if you make it to the endgame, it can be a premature activation. But in both senses, they give both sides an unearned boon in the endgame.

    NOED isn't a earn thing, it's a risk thing. You have to a perk slot for only endgame and leaving you with 3 perks for the rest of the match. Not even guaranteed if survivors find totems or even find it after gens finish before you hit someone. Also it goes away once cleansed, so the perk has another aspect that is risk based.

    Keys don't have any risk.

  • Posted a new forum about the match I just had proving keys are soooo balanced. Realized it belongs on here tho...so yeah

    https://youtu.be/NXXfPO5Wdy4

1 2 3 ›