Dead by Daylight + Discord Voice Chat - Do You Use It?

I wanna get a more clear picture on how many people seriously use Discord while playing DbD.

Not that the forum userbase will be a 100% accurate representation, but it'll be miles better than my current rough guessing.

Also, from the title you probably assumed this would be a discussion on whether using voice chat is cheating or not.

No, this is not a post about that.


My question to you, my dear reader, is simple...

Do you actively make use of Discord voice chat while playing Dead by Daylight?

EDIT: I should also mention that, even if you don't use it at all, that answer is also valuable to me.


"Actively" includes but is not limited to...

  • Using it to tell your fellow Survivor(s) about things in the Trial.
  • Talking about DbD but unrelated to your current Trial.
  • Talking, but not talking about DbD.
  • Simply having people/friends to listen to as you concentrate on the Trial.

"Actively" does NOT include...

  • Using it once every 2 DbD sessions, then once every 3, then once every 2, etc. etc.
  • Open, but not in a voice chat.


And if you want to know my answer to my own question: I don't have Discord and have no reason to get it so far.


Thank you in advance!

Tagged: ModTrusted

Comments

  • I've never used a mic while playing dead by daylight I can't stand playing games while talking

  • Nope i don't.

    Why?

    Because console

  • Sometimes when I'm playing with friends yes I use Discord.

    We spend the time trolling each other, for example my friend said "it's a bubba" 3 seconds before I got yoinked off a gen by a Wraith.

    We don't really discuss the game, we're generally just chatting about life, joking around etc

  • I'm on console so I don't use discord.


    I do use my platforms built in chat when playing swf.

  • I do use it like every weekend with friends and sometimes during the week when my friends are free. So not really actively but I do use it.

  • Well, when I do play with friends, yes we use Discord. We mostly talk about the trial, with a few random topics here and there.

    But the thing is, I don't play with friends too often. Most of my 2018-2019 survivor experience was solo, and the same thing is currently happening.

  • I use it when playing killer to chat with friends coz it can be pretty boring just playing by yourself. Rather chat while I murder I guess?

    Sometimes when playing survivor - though we mainly communicate with butt jiggles and points, etc. Plus if you know the people you play with arent potatoes you dont really need to talk about stuff. A lot of it is kinda obvi anyway?

  • It really depends. I have some friends where we use it, with some don't, and sometimes i just play solo in between of some killer matches. Sometimes we're only 2 friends, sometimes 3 or 4.

    I would say, in 50% of my survivor matches i use comms.

  • Nope never used it.

    I have always liked the not knowing aspect of the game.

  • When i play with friend if im with any random i dont use the discord

  • i don't have any friends

  • No one really plays with me so no, I don't.

  • Whenever I'm playing with at least 1 friend, or am talking to a friend while playing, yes I do.

    Before that was Teamspeak. That was a dark time.

  • Yes, almost every day. Usually unrelated to the matches though, just general talk about DBD.

  • When in swf or just chilling in a VC talking about DBD or recent events, absolutely.

  • I use discord when I play with friends. It's just not as fun if you aren't communicating, i'm laughing 90% of the time.

  • Yes, if I play with someone nowadays I play with people I consider friends, and I'll be talking to them.

  • I only play with my boyfriend so...Yes i use it