Each survivor’s worst perk?
Dwight: Leader - Not a bad perk, just quite average that doesn’t have many applications that are super beneficial. It’s fine.
Meg: Quick and Quiet - Easy choice, since her other two perks are incredible. For a worst perk, this is still great and better than some survivor’s best perk.
Claudette: Self-care - Not awful if used well, but botany and empathy are much less selfish perks that will be worth using more.
Jake: Saboteur - It’s a tough call between this and Calm Spirit, but Calm Spirit helps with stealth and counters Doctor and Infection. Saboteur is really niche, even on SWF.
Nea: Urban Evasion - Only good against Huntress, Plague, Deathslinger, and Trickster. It’s otherwise pretty useless and used extremely poorly by most people. Streetwise is also quite bad, but at least you can get use out of it reliably.
Laurie: Sole Survivor - Not really disputable, it’s utter #########. Her other two perks are solid, DS especially is good.
Ace: Up The Ante - Ace has no ‘great’ perks, but this stands out as being particularly bad.
Bill: Left Behind - He has two meta perks, so this is quite easy. It’s only a perk you want to use for an archive.
Feng: Technician - A newbie perk that has a downside, pretty bad.
David: No Mither - Obviously.
Quentin: Wake Up - Whoever set this perk at 15% was being extremely conservative. It should honestly be 100% to make up for the fact that it only helps at endgame.
Tapp: Stake Out - A lot of work just to save a couple seconds, not worth it at all. His other two perks are good.
Kate: Boil Over - I hate this perk so much. You might as well just have an empty perk slot instead of this, it’s so bad.
Adam: Autodidact - Extremely fun perk, but will consistently get your team killed.
Jeff: Breakdown - Breaks a hook and shows you the killer when you probably don’t need to see them. Awful.
Jane: Solidarity - Both this and poised are bad perks, but I think solidarity is worse. It only helps save eight seconds in an extremely niche circumstance, and doesn’t work with a medkit for some reason.
Ash: Buckle Up - Three bad perks, but mettle of man and flip flop have a place in some builds at least. Buckle up is almost as pointless as Boil Over.
Nancy: Fixated - I was tempted to say Better Together but the information it gives is decent, although Kindred is way better. Fixated really isn’t that great, you shouldn’t be walking much in a match. It’s not bad.
Steve: Babysitter - An insultingly bad perk. I’d honestly love someone to show me an example of it saving the day. It gives the killer info too, which is not something you want to do.
Yui: Breakout - The numbers are too small to be useful. Okayish on SWF, otherwise pretty trash. Any means necessary is not great either, but is slightly better due to Nemesis existing.
Zarina: Red Herring - Just a worse pebble that could screw your team over with bad/no communication.
Cheryl: Blood Pact - I actually don’t dislike this perk, it’s quite fun to get to zoom for a while. The problem is that the speed boost is almost useless in solo queue, and the info it gives isn’t as consistent as bond, empathy, etc.
Felix: Visionary - Beginner perk that can be helpful on indoor maps. His other two perks are good.
Elodie: Appraisal - Could be worse, but deception and power struggle fit into builds better than this.
Yun-Jin: Self-preservation - This perk doesn’t need to exist.
Jill: Blast Mine - She has three good perks, so this was tough. Seems like a small inconvenience.
Leon: Bite the Bullet - Okayish, but not worth the perk slot.
What does everyone else think?
Comments
Self care is a killer perk that received Claudette by mistake.
Only one I would change is appraisal. An extra medkit or toolbox is much better than a perk that requires 3 other perks to work in one every ten games
id argue that jill's healing perk is worse than blast mine:
while blast mine, even if it may take a moment to activate, forces a killer to damage a generator twice. it's countered by ruin but it's really useful for that little factor- if you know the killer has pop you can force them to waste 7-8 seconds stood still, which is massive. if you hold w from the moment they start to kick the gen that's 28-32m of distance you've just gained on a killer.
I agree with pretty much everything except for Leon. Bite The Bullet can allow you to get some insanely cheeky heals off, especially with Iron Will. Leon's worst perk, in my opinion, is actually flashbang. While it's very fun, I have not seen it get much use. Same thing with Blast Mine, I just do not see the value. Then again, I play on console and cannot access the PTB.
Another thing I want to say is that while Babysitter is probably Steve's worst teachable, it isn't useless in my opinion. It's weak for sure, but if you're a good chaser it can make the killer go after you and give your teammate time to heal.
For me it would be:
Meg: Sprint Burst - I know it's one of the best exhaustion perks but for me personally, I don't like using it and vastly prefer Quick & Quiet and Adrenaline. They fit my playstyle more and work with my usual build.
Claudette: Botany Knowledge - I just think it's the least helpful. It's usually only beneficial when ran with something else or when a med-kit is brought in. I don't think it's worth a perk slot, unless the build is dedicated to healing.
Dwight: Leader - Although Leader can still be very useful at times, it is often the least helpful of Dwight's three teachables.
Jake: Calm Spirit - I think that Calm Spirit is useless if I'm honest. I'd never run it. Saboteur and Iron Will are far superior in my opinion.
Nea: Urban Evasion - This was close between Urban Evasion and Street Wise, if I'm honest. I think that Street Wise is just a bit more helpful across the board whereas Urban Evasion is only really helpful against a Hag. Plus a lot of people who run Urban Evasion seem to play scared and never make saves ever.
Bill: Left Behind - I think this one is self-explanatory. It's kind of pointless, especially when compared with his other teachables.
David: We're Gonna Live Forever - Honestly, I considered putting No Mither but it can be useful in the right builds. The reason I went with We're Gonna Live Forever is because I don't see it used ever and I feel like there are other, better perks you could run that speed up healing. The only thing it's good for is bloodpoints but I'd just rather run an offering than waste a perk slot.
Laurie: Object of Obsession - Purely because it was nerfed into the ground. It's not useful anymore.
Ace: Up The Ante - Slightly more luck is not that helpful unless everyone is running Up The Ante. So it is just not worth it. Open-Handed and Ace In The Hole are way more helpful.
Feng: Technician - Once you've got some game experience, you can usually hit skillchecks so it's not really needed.
Quentin: Vigil - This was a toss-up between Vigil and Wake Up!. They're both not super helpful and are rarely used. The reason I didn't put Wake Up! is because it can be used to counter Remember Me whereas Vigil will only be helpful if you are near another survivor and they are affected by something (which is less likely unless you are running after a survivor that is being chased).
Tapp: Detective's Hunch - His other perks are just more useful in my opinion. After playing the game for a while you begin to learn where generators and totems are likely to spawn so do not really need it anymore.
Kate: Windows of Opportunity - much like Detective's Hunch, with more game experience, you being to learn where windows and pallets are so it's not that useful. This compared to Boil Over and Dance With Me, with both of them being very useful in particular builds (this especially being the case for Dance With Me).
Adam: Autodidact - It's just useless. It takes so long to come into play that you might as well have not ran it in the first place. Diversion may be a bit of a joke but at least it's fun and can be occasionally useful. Deliverance is clearly his best perk.
Jeff: Breakdown - Honestly it's not a terrible perk, it's just the worst of the bunch. I feel like it was only made to try and prevent tunnelling straight off the hook, but hook spread out would still allow the killer to hook them elsewhere.
Jane: Poised - It's just a bit pointless. It's not worth a perk slot. There are better perks that hide scratch marks or reduce their duration.
Ash: Mettle of Man - Before it's nerf, I would have said it is his best perk. Now it's so situational that it never comes into play. At least with Buckle Up and Flip-Flop they can be occasionally helpful. Honestly, I don't like any of his perks.
Nancy: Better Together - Fixated and Inner Strength are clearly more helpful. That's it.
Steve: Babysitter - It's not that useful. Although it can help your teammate, it puts you at a disadvantage and its benefits don't even last that long. Second Wind and Camaraderie are way better.
Yui: Lucky Break - This one was hard because I love Yui and actually quite like all of her perks. I only picked Lucky Break because it doesn't fit my playstyle and can only be used once but I do believe that it can be really good in certain builds.
Zarina: Red Herring - It's just not that helpful. I think it's a bigger waste of time to touch a gen and then go find a locker just to create a notification for the killer, who may or may not go to it.
Cheryl: Repressed Alliance - I wasn't sure whether to put Blood Pact instead because it is kind of situational, but now with the fact that there is an obsession every game it is more helpful. I just think that Repressed Alliance takes too long to be useful and most killers will just wait it out if they want to regress the generator. Plus many killers run Ruin so it would be completely pointless in those games.
Felix: Visionary - It's easily his worst perk. It's just Deja Vu but worse.
Elodie: Power Struggle - This one was hard because I like all of her perks but I feel that Power Struggle is often the least helpful. It's extremely situational since most killers avoid walking through pallets when carrying a survivor. Plus it requires a certain amount of wiggle progression, making it even harder to use.
Yun-Jin: Self-Preservation - I like all of Yun-Jin's perks and by no means do I think that Self-Preservation is a bad perk, I actually like that it's quite selfish. I just think that it's the least useful in gameplay overall when compared to the other two (however in the right build it would be great).
Jill: Blast Mine - I think all of Jill's perks are interesting and could be useful. Blast Mine just takes the longest to come into effect and be helpful.
Leon: Bite The Bullet - I'd rather run Iron Will. Plus Flashbang and Rookie Spirit seem more useful.
Steve’s perks get a bad rap. Babysitter is fine, it’s just misunderstood. It’s NOT meant to be an alternative to BT. It’s not an anti camp perk. Babysitter serves 2 purposes.
If anything Camaraderie is his worst perk. Not because the effect itself is bad (it’s super handy when it does proc), it’s because when playing solo, nobody else knows you have it.
Dwight - Leader. Not a bad perk by any means, just weaker than Bond and Prove Thyself.
Meg - Quick and Quiet. Also a good perk, but Adrenaline is very strong (if only situational) and Sprint Burst is extremely strong.
Claudette - Self-Care. It's okay, but very slow healing.
Jake - Calm Spirit. Against Doc, it's useful. Anyone else? Eh... maybe someone with Infectious Fright.
Nea - Streetwise. People really underestimating how useful Urban Evasion can be because so many people use it badly.
Laurie - Sole Survivor. Worst perk in the game.
Ace - Up The Ante. What's even the point of this perk?
Bill - Left Behind. By far. Only works if you're the last survivor left like Sole Survivor. But at least helps you find the hatch.
Feng - Technician. Way outclassed by the other two.
David - No Mither. Yeah.
Quentin - Wake Up. A couple seconds off opening the exit gate. Yay?
Tapp - Stake Out. Pretty useless.
Kate - Boil Over. Does nothing.
Diversion - Wow. Somehow Autodidact and Diversion. Sucks to be Adam.
Jeff - Breakdown. Aftercare is pretty good. Distortion can be useful sometimes I guess. Though way too limited.
Jane - Poised. Especially now that Lucky Break is a thing.
Ash - Buckle Up. Man he's got some useless perks.
Nancy - Better Together. Solid perk, but outclassed by Fixated and the best healing perk in the game.
Steve - Camaraderie. Unless you're in a tournament, it's not very useful.
Yui - Any Means Necessary. Perk is made useless by killers breaking pallets, and has a long cooldown.
Zarina - Red Herring. It's diversion, but somehow less useful.
Cheryl - Blood Pact. Requires you to stick by the obsession.
Felix - Visionary. Tough call, but Built to Last can be pretty useful.
Elodie - Power Struggle. That's right. You'll get to use this 1 in maybe 50 games. Has to be paired with flip-flop to get use usually.
Yun-Jin - Self-Preservation. Exhaustion Perk, Perk that gives Gen progress, and... yeah, this.
Jill - Blast Mine. Jill has some great perks when Blast Mine is the worst. A decisive strike for kicking a gen is pretty powerful.
Leon - Bite the Bullet. Definitely.
imma give my opinions on the ones i disagree with
dwight: i think prove thyself is worse, grouping up is not something survivors should be doing and it doesnt save much time from doing the gen
tapp: Tenacity is worse, at least you can get consistent use out of stake out (to which, the extra 1% per great skill check can help a lot)
nancy: Better together would be worse as well, because the information you get from it isnt that good (and, it leads to survivors grouping up, which isnt a good thing). Fixated can be useful at loops by walking around the tile in certain spots, and helps manipulate scratch marks
elodie: power struggle, you have to use an entire build for it to do something (which only happens once every 10 games).
Jill: tie between counterforce and resurgence, counterforce is useless if the killer isnt using a hex and resurgence can only proc 2 times, has a mediocre effect, and is useless against certain killers. Though i might be biased because blast mine was fun as hell to use on the ptb
leon: call me crazy but i think flashbang is his worst perk. Fun as hell, but firecrackers are very niche and usually hard to use (and sometimes even useless).
I’d honestly love to hear an explanation of why deliverance is better than Adam’s two other perks, I’m intrigued
I’m biased since it seems like a perk that would be really useful for solo queue + brown medkit
As someone who thinks windows of opportunity is one of the best perks for solo queue, it hurts to see it seen as worse than boil over
These are some really great points, and you’ve swayed me. Always more to learn about the application of perks!
Dwight: Leader- not good when he have survivor aura reading perk which helps in solos and perk which helps doing objective faster.
Meg: Quick & Quiet- Had to pick this even when I'll use Q&Q rather than Sprint Burst.
Claudette: Empathy- I personally run this only with flashlight. You can still spot injured survivors really easily. Self-Care is perk which I hate most but it gives you more if you use it wisely.
Jake: Calm Spirit- Okay so it makes you that you don't scream, working only against 2 killers (Clown & Doctor) and you can't disturb crows, not good. Sabo and Iron Will definitely are better.
Nea: Balanced Landing- Works once in chase there is map where is only one BL place (Basement Stairs) and that map is Shelter Woods.
Laurie: Sole Survivor- Not much to say, two great perks and this.
Ace: Up The Ante- All 3 are bad perks but this is definitely worst one of them. I don't need luck.
Bill: Left Behind- Same thing with Laurie. Comparing this to Unbreakable and Borrowed Time.
Min: Technician for sure. Only works for newcomers.
David: No Mither- You are injured but can pick yourself up from ground. Let's be honest, who is stupid enough to let No Mither player downed rather than picking him up as a killer.
Quentin: Vigil- Gives you 8 seconds less time to recover from Exhaustion, 8 seconds is nothing. I know that it works with other status effects too but wasting perk slot to them isn't that wise.
Tapp: Stake Out- Great skill checks isn't that important
Kate: Boil Over- It does nothing. You can rarely wiggle out with this and if you do it means that killer made a mistake.
Adam: Diversion- Some people disagree with this choice but 45 seconds being inside terror radius and this may work isn't that good trade.
Jeff: Distortion- works max 3 times and killers aura reading perks are easy to counter.
Jane: Solidarity- This was hard one between this and Poised but Poised can help you with chases too.
Ash: Buckle Up- Again 3 bad perks but this is worst one of them.
Nancy: Better Together- You can hear generator and sometimes doing gens separately is wiser option
Steve: Babysitter- Too bad of a perk, don't use it.
Yui: Breakout- Only works in swf and in certain builds.
Zarina: Red Herring- Meme perk, why this one is in game?
Cheryl: Blood Pact- The fact that Repressed Alliance can counter Pop and Soul Guard is just amazing perk makes this easy choice
Felix: Desperate Measures- Hard one between this and visionary but in some maps, gens are hard to locate and Visionary helps in them.
Elodie: Appraisal- Good perk with chest build but useless alone.
Yun-Jin: Fast Track- This is here just because Self Preservation can help with flashlight saves.
Jill: Resurgence- So Solidarity which works 2 times in match instead of every time you heal someone and be injured.
Leon: Bite The Bullet- Not a bad perk but healing is fast thing to do and you can't miss healing skill checks.
I made this list assuming the people know how to use the perk well, rather than poorly using it:
Dwight: Bond, yeah kinda weird to put a great solo surv perk here, but Leader has a 25% buff to unhooking, healing, totem cleansing, sabotaging, opening gates and opening chests, let alone that this effect lingers for 15 seconds. Why is it better? You know survivors dead harding after an unhook with BT? Yeah, even with Resilience that frame is tiny. With me carrying Leader, I can WALK in front of them without them needing to DH. At a gate, it 99's it within 15 seconds instead of 20, meaning we have 5 more seconds to heal up for an unhook during the end, speaking of which, double healing doesn't get a penalty like generators. That pesky totem cleanser not cleansing quick enough? You can do a quick run-by and give them a 15 second long cleansing boost. Leader is powerful and underrated(AND IT STACKS BOIS).
Meg: adrenaline, yes, it's a powerful perk in its own right. But it's effect rarely has a slot worthy impact. Best case scenario, you save your teammates 8 seconds healing. "But you just ranted about this with why Leader is actually really good". Yes, and Adrenaline is a solid A-tier perk. But it's usage rarely relies on you. It's a nice effect, but far from the things Quick and Quiet or Sprintburst can achieve during the game. Let alone that quick and quiet only has a 20 second cool down. You could bamboozle a killer and hop in a locker in shack, then the next time hop through the window and crouch. The killer literally has to guess if you went in the locker or through the window if they lose vision. Every. 20. Seconds. So yeah, Adrenaline is a bit worse.
Claudette: Empathy, simply because bond and after care are better. Why not self-care? Well, purely due to my initial sentence. I did the maths to find out when self-care is actually good to use, and self-caring while your teammates work on a gen and you joining them after actually is quite a bit faster, than 3 people doing a gen and then having them heal you. Especially if you're carrying prove thyself too. Of course you should always use a medkit first(20% more charges thanks to self-care too btw), but being able to heal up without relying on teammates is much more helpful in general than seeing where your teammate is being chased. If aftercare never got it's changes, I would have picked self-care as her worst.
Jake: saboteur, but just barely. While calm spirit has its uses and counters certain powerful perks, it's quite mediocre in effect. It's that Saboteur is actually weaker than a sabotaging toolbox with double add-ons that make me put it lower, let alone that there are barely any perks you can run to speed it up(unless your teammate is a Chad and runs Leader, then it's easy).
Nea: actually a bit of a though one, and I'm not too sure. I actually would say Balanced Landing is her worst, as it heavily relies on maps. It used to be great(overpowered even) regardless due to the 25% stagger reduction it gave. But now, it's kinda meh. Urban Evasion has very powerful uses to it. You can use it mid chase on an open structure to change directions without the killer knowing, or actually urban evade under the window by shack without the killer spotting you. Streetwise makes powerful items last longer and, like the Chaddest perk Leader lasts for 15 seconds once you leave. Meaning you help your teammates too. So I have to settle on BL being her worst perk considering everything.
Laurie: though one too. Sole Survivor counters a massive amount of perks. Object counters the same perks in a different way. I think I'd actually have to say DS is currently her worst perk. It's like Adrenaline, it has some real power to it. But it only really works in the case you don't do ######### for 60 seconds and the killer grabs you before that. It's impact is enormous, but I don't run DS because, statistically, it doesn't really get any use in my games. If I ever do get use out of it, it's amazingly powerful. But overall? Not actually that great. Sole Survivor counters almost all aura related add-ons at 1 stack, and pretty much full counters all killer aura readings at 2 stacks, with the exception of BBQ, Bitter Murmur and Rancor(if you're more than 48 meters away). Heavily underrated perk. It's a shame that it actually cancels out OoO(although, I could argue that they work in succession, like Pop and Ruin, once one starts working, the other one stops).
Ace: with pain in my heart because I actually love building around this perk, but Up The Ante. It's luck increase isn't enough to significantly help teammate without also using offerings. It's at best 9%, which turns the self unhook chance from 4% to 13%. Which is quite good in terms of sheer flat numbers, but in reality? It means you could unhook yourself 13 times over the course of 100 attempts(34 games, assuming you use all 3 tries every time and it happens on the 3rd try everytime, otherwise it's more than 34 games, considering you do remove all attempts left after an unhook), which sounds pretty good, unhooking yourself about once every 3 matches, but it also means you hit stage 2 on first hook all the other times. With Slippery Meat, it would reduce that number to at best 13 unhooks in 17 games(I believe it's more likely to be 13 unhooks in 25 games on average, which, yknow, is better than 50%, but the other 50% of matches you still pay by going to second stage early). With that in mind, Ace in the Hole has better RNG overall. Thus by process of elimination, it has to be up the ante. If only they buffed it so that it counts all 4 survivors towards the total count, rather than just 3 of them.
Bill: Left Behind, pretty much the same reason why Adrenaline is on there. Even if you don't pick yourself up, Unbreakable counters anti-healing and allows you to be a 1-tap pickup instead of a 1 second pick-up.
Feng: kinda tough since Alert and Technician are both underrated while also not being great. Technician can counter an Overcharge user quite heavily as it doesn't give a notification that you missed the skillcheck. A generator being finished because your team has been failing Overcharge a lot and the killer started relying on it for generator info can make you finish very important gens with this. Alert works when gens and pallets are being kicked, not only giving you info where the killer is, but where pallets might be gone. That alone makes Technician worse, but it's not as bad as people think it is.
David: and this will be a controversial one, but because of dedicated servers, I will say Dead Hard. WGLF destroys slugging killers and No Mither is really, REALLY good against killers that are used to tracking blood. With No Mither, you can walk away mid-chase and the killer won't know where you went. Sure, you're a one hit down, but that's for most good survivors just 1 extra hit they would take in the game. This is where I once more have to refer back to my initial statement. The fact that Dead Hard could leave you Exhausted on the ground(now the servers actually check if you got downed within 2 seconds of using it so you're no longer exhausted on the floor), makes it just barely worse than No Mither. Remove dedicated hits, and Dead Hard would be his best perk. But since you cannot 100% trust on the perk working, while you can 100% trust on No Mither working makes the difference imo.
Quentin: another tough one actually. It's that the devs indirectly needed Vigil by making all mangled effects last untill healed that make it even less useful than it already is. But Wake Up still is worse. Even Chad Leader gives more % in opening gates than Wake Up. Sure, it relies on a teammate, or you can run it while your teammate opens the gate for you. It's just that bad. At least Vigil's effect is unique.
Tapp: Tenacity is arguably his worst. It can be good in certain builds, but so can his other perks. Stake-out also gives you a notification when you're inside the killer radius when you might not hear it. Let alone that it will guarantee a great skillcheck, and not only that, instead of a 1% boost in progression, it gives you 3%. Do that times 4, and you have 12% saved(9 seconds) instead of 0% saved. Do a gen in the terror radius, and you can up that number to the amount of skillchecks you get. Let alone that it also guarantees Fast Track to trigger, which is another 1% per token. Where Tenacity only really works if the killer slugs you, which is already a rare occurrance.
Kate: Boil Over, purely because Windows and Dance With Me are so much more powerful. Boil Over isn't really a terrible perk, it often takes the killer longer to get you to a hook, if they get stuck, Boil Over tends to keep them stuck for longer. But still worse in comparison to the other 2.
Adam: I'm very mixed about this, but I'd have to say Deliverance. Not only do you have to unhook someone, you have to do it before you are hooked. It's very powerful if it works, but overtime, his other perks have better results.
Jeff: probably the most balanced perk set of all, each being very close to each other in terms of value. Breakdown is amazing as it removes a hook from play for 3 full minutes without you having to do anything. Aftercare gives you essentially global Bond and Empathy, Distortion removes your Aura and Scratchmarks for 10 full seconds. I think I have to go with Distortion, purely because it only works 3 times and you tend to lose all 3 of them through BBQ alone, giving it very little value.
Jane: I'd have to go with Poised for her. While I kinda like the perk and it is pretty powerful, it doesn't remove blood. If it removed blood too, it would be top notch to use. The other 2 aren't really amazing either, but they can significantly alter what you can pull off in a match(yes, those 8 seconds you save with Solidarity might be a deciding factor).
Ash, the survivor with the most horrendous set of perks. Mettle of Man is a bit too tough to get(problem with how protection hits work, not the perk itself). Buckle Up has really nice value if your teammate is slugged, giving you info if they are actually healed up or not, but imo should also show your teammates how far you personally are, and then Flip-Flop. Man, the disappointment that Flip-Flop is as a perk deserves it being the worst survivor teachable on this list. It needs 5 perks to build around giving Flip-Flop a consistent potentially a lot of value. Even with 5 perks, it's not guaranteed to work. Even if your teammate has breakout and sabo while you have Leader, Unbreakable, Boil Over and Flip-Flop, it's not guaranteed to work in 90% of situations. The Wiggling mechanic is simply such a terrible mechanic in the game, and Flip-Flop takes forever to even affect it a tiny bit, and best case scenario, it only reduces the killer hook reach from 54 meters to 20 meters. That's 5 entire perks being utilised to their best effect, to reduce the area to 20 meters. Hooks can spawn within 12 meters of each other so if you're in the middle, that's 6 meters at best. The killer could walk to hook 1, have it sabotaged, then walk to hook 2, have walked 18 meters and thus still able to hook you. THAT'S how bad Flip-Flop is.
Nancy: with the introduction of Blastmine, it will be Better Together. But untill then, it will be Inner Strength. It relies on you finding a totem before your teammate does, cleansing a totem before your teammate does and hope you can cleanse another totem later in the game if they are not all gone. Fixated is actually really good for chases, regardless of what you run.
Steve: Camaraderie, no doubt. It's effect can be really powerful, but only really has value if the killer camps you fully in your second stage, which doesn't really happen that much. The other 2 perks either help you out personally, Or helps your teammate out to not be tunneled. I mean, imo it should last 12 seconds to match up with BT more, but whatever.
Yui: I wish all her perks were just a teeeeeeeny bit more powerful. Lucky break lasting 50-60 seconds, Any Means being able to reset a pallet in 2 seconds instead of 4, Breakout giving slightly faster wiggle speed. But I'd have to go for Any Means. The other 2 are solid.
Zarina: 2 fairly bad perks, that have better alternatives, if Off The Record had better synergy with aura reading perks(it used to be great for OoO), or if Red Herring worked more like Eruption will, both would be decent perks. I'm gonna put Red Herring in here as it disappearing when a gen is done is just insulting. It could work so nice by using it on already finished gens. Alas.
Cheryl: I agree with OP that this is mainly due to it being mediocre on solo queue, as the other perks work nice or decent on both SWF and solo. But if we ignore solo queue issues for a moment here, I would say Soul Guard is actually the worst. It works nicely in conjunction with other perks, but it doesn't trigger often enough to really call it a valuable perk. So I think I might say Soul Guard here, purely due to its effect being rare.
Felix: Visionary, it's (sadly) the same reason why I put Balanced Landing to be the worst on Nea. Visionary can be amazing on certain maps, but most maps will have visible gens with lights peaking out already. Even some closed maps like Lery's have flickering lights outside rooms indicating that a gen is inside it. Otherwise his perks are great(those who doubt Built To Last: use Commodius Toolbox with Wire Spool and come back after, built to last is better than Streetwise, let alone that they stack).
Elodie: Power struggle. The only way it truly works is relying on the worst survivor perk having half its value. The other 2 are amazing and stack with other perks for unique situations(although, appraisal and plunderers can be downright OP with 2 keys, 2 green medkits and 2 Commodius toolboxes in the match.)
Yun: I'd call it almost a tie between fasttrack and self-preservation, and I'm putting Fast Track as worst, simply because it only really works if you stack the effects as much as possible, and even then you have to survive long enough to have significant effect. I might have praised it with Tapp, but Tapp only really has Detectives Hunch thats great.
Jill: counterforce. Purely because Blastmine doesn't just stun the killer, it interrupts the kick. Let alone that Blastmine will give the info that Better Together has too. Counterforce only works if you do the totems(it's not team stacked like Small Game) and even at its best, it reduces totems from 16 seconds to 8 seconds at the final totem. It's not that great compared to cancelling a Pop. Altho, Resurgence is IMO second place on her since tunneling exists.
Leon: Flashbang. It's a nice thing to have a perk like this in the game, but being able to heal mid-chase in a corner and removing ALL sounds while doing so makes Bite The Bullet amazing, and being able to counter Ruin regression just by doing a few skill checks early in the game is also amazing.
This was my TED-talk. Hope you enjoyed it.
BONUS ROUND:
Standard perks: This Is Not Happening. By far the weakest non-teachable perk in the game.
Still better than Flip-Flop tho
You know that Pharmacy ensures a medkit, right?
I can dispute some of those:
Nea: streetwise is the only other that stacks that allows toolboxes to last longer. If you have 2 people with commodius+wire spool, streetwise and Built To Last work on the same gens, they can do 4 gens in 2 minutes. It's insane. If streetwise didn't stack, you would be correct in calling it her worst. But Balanced Landing is very map reliant and doesn't really work on the majority of maps(really, you have Haddonfield, The Game and Midwich where it would have a significant effect on multiple locations of the map, the rest has 1 location at best).
Quentin: pharmacy guarantees a green medkit in the game. That's a 10 second self-heal that you don't need to rely on teammates. Wake up turns 20 seconds into 17.2 seconds of gate opening time.
Felix: Built to last, again, same as streetwise. It has insane item potential. While I love Visionary more than Built To Last, it, like Balanced Landing, has limited use across the game.
True but that medkit only has 1 heal. Appraisal can get you multiple plus some extra toolboxes
oh, ofcourse, but the thread was more to weed out the worst perks for each survivor. If I am going by personal choice and the average game, there are a lot of perks I consider awful. Heck, Urban Evasion is utterly awful due to the solo queue experience alone, even though I consider it a very powerful perk if used correctly.
But Appraisal turns 3 chests into 6 chests with only 1 perk. Giving you quite a large chance on having a medkit. I dont think Appraisal needs a change there. Having double the amount of chests is already quite the strong effect.
Dwight Fairfield: Leader.
Meg Thomas: Quick And Quiet.
Claudette Morel: Empathy.
Jake Park: Saboteur.
Nea Karlsson: Streetwise.
Laurie Strode: Sole Survivor.
Ace Visconti: Up the Ante.
William "Bill" Overbeck: Left behind.
Feng Min: Technician
David King: No Mither.
Quentin Smith: Wake Up.
David Tapp: Stake Out.
Kate Denson: Boil Over.
Adam Francis: Diversion
Jeffrey "Jeff" Johansen: Breakdown.
Jane Romero: Poised.
Ash J. Williams: Buckle Up.
Nancy Wheeler: Better Together.
Steve Harrington: Camaraderie.
Yui Kimura: Breakout.
Zarina Kassir: Red Herring.
Cheryl Mason: Blood Pact.
Felix Richter: Visionary.
Élodie Rakoto: Appraisal.
Yun-Jin Lee: Self-Preservation
Jill Valentine: Blast Mine.
Leon Scott Kennedy: Rookie Spirit.
I agree with basically everything except a few. But I do think that any means necessary is yuis worst perk considering it's useless in 90% of matches.
Dude loads of people run WGLF for double bloodpoints how do you not see this perk, me and my friend always run it anyway.
I mean, items are really powerful. If you dont use items, yeah, Streetwise can be quite trashy. But use any strong item, and Streetwise gives you a ton more value. Not for medkits tho, Botany is better for medkits than Streetwise(although, you could use both and have 58% more charges)
Regarding WGLF, it’s the closest thing survivors have to BBQ. It’s awesome for bloodpoints. Why opt for doing an offering when you can do both and stack them? Plus the healing boost is very beneficial to the team. Waaayyy better than No Mither!
Do you know what else ensures a medkit? Getting one from the bloodweb and bringing it into the match, and you don’t have to waste precious moments getting one out of a chest, that may have already been opened by the time you get to it. Pharmacy has to be one of the lamest perks in the game.
I disagree on Detective's Hunch and Window's of Opportunity. Detective's is fantastic paired with Inner Strength, you find totems you don't have to take a gamble on if it could've spawned there as you see it's literally feet away, sometimes you find ruin or devour immediately with it. It's also good for chests and remaining generators. It's just a time saver in my opinion. Plus it's come in clutch in a match where as soon as the last gen popped, there was NOED and there was only a couple totems left and one was actually pretty well hidden. I don't think the team could've found it fast enough but with Detective's, I saw the aura of its location and found it pretty easily. Turned out to be NOED.
Windows, I don't use it so much as a "find a pallet" because I do agree you do tend to know where pallets spawn (although sometimes I don't and I'll touch on that in just a second), I use the perk for more of a resource tool of what's been used and what hasn't. I've found it incredibly useful in solo queue. I'm also a very visual person so seeing the outline of windows and pallets around me help me plan my escape. Sometimes I just don't remember where pallets spawn and it's partially because of my ADHD (sometimes if I'm all "juiced up", my brain just isn't there for muscle memory of pixelated pallets). I think it might also be extremely helpful to people who may experience memory difficulties or just like the visual to put together an escape blueprint imo. :)
Boil Over, however, is complete trash and I wish they'd just rework it already it's so useless. Like I just question... Why Everytime it comes up when I'm carrying someone as killer lol
Except that Pharmacy gives you a medkit without letting the killer know. The killer might slap on Sloppy or Franklins because they see too many medkits or items. Pharmacy removes that visual. And dont underestimate medkits, they are by far the strongest item in the game right now. Having a 8 second heal alone without needing your teammates to touch you up, meaning they can keep working on gens instead, while you still get a health state? Unless the killer has access to an instadown, that can literally make the difference between a 4k and a 3 man escape. You being able to tank an extra hit for a teammate who is dead on hook, meaning you stay with 4 survivors instead of reducing your numbers to 3, allows gen progression to be relatively steady.
Even if there are 3 survivors left with full commodius toolboxes and prove thyself, they will have a harder time finishing gens than 4 survivors with no commodius toolboxes.
Lol, I don’t think anybody is equiping Franklin’s over too many med packs. They’ll do it for keys, and using pharmacy makes finding one in the game that much harder. It’s a waste.
I feel the need to vouch for Appraisal a bit. I think some of you are sleeping on this perk. Bringing Appraisal, Plunderer's and a hatch offering is basically the easiest way to escape in this game (though facing an afk killer may be easier).
I love this combo for certain challenges.. you are basically guaranteed a key in 4/5 games. I'd definitely give this one the edge over power struggle. Try it out.. it's pretty funny seeing items scattered all over the place too.
If I dont have a pre-planned build, hell yeah I would use Franklins when I see 3 medkits. I rather not have survivors heal themselves if I dont have access to instadowns. It's either Franklin's or NOED at that point. Medkits are, by far, more powerful than keys. I can kill 4 survivors before hatch spawns, I cant kill survivors who heal everytime I take my eye off them while their teammates still do gens unless I tunnel.
Dont underestimate medkits. I rather have keys remaining the exact same as they are now, than medkits never being addressed.
If you’re a killer main then now i KNOW why you’re promoting pharmacy, lol. You may use Franklin’s for three med packs, but most rounds have people bringing in multiple med packs and toolboxes and I almost never run into Franklin’s. Why would I waste a perk slot for something that will probably spawn in the first chest I open anyways? No matter what you say, it’s junk.
So let me get this straight: you won’t do Franklin’s for keys but you will for med packs? I find that a little hard if not impossible to believe.