Is All Ears good on pyramid head?

I would assume it would help immensely with sniping and looping, and in order to avoid the perk survivors would have to go slower so there would be no counter or mindgames the survivor could really play.

Comments

  • Yes, very good, super good


    use it- Pyramid Head main

  • Very, but keep in mind that survivors will probably catch on to it quickly.

  • Yes, it is good, just remember the farther away they are the more time they have to dodge the wave and many survivors already do catch on on what you are trying to do.

  • Arguably one of his best perks. Don't hesitate on running it.

  • It’s one of the reasons I use Sole Survivor. IAE is such a pain against PH.

  • My favorite perk on him its really strong. I think if you want a compare PH with im all ears with something else it will feel like a spirit with strider

  • It's good to practice Survivors movement when you first start playing him. Otherwise I'd say it's quite overrated.

    I manage hits trough walls even without it because I get the feel of where Survivors are. It's not 100 % confirmed as it is with IaE but I'd call myself a decent PH as I am not reliant on it. Another reason is that I dislike the Perk because of it's 40 second cooldown. If they halfed the cooldown I'd probably use it more but at the moment it's not worth it personally.

    I'd rather go with slowdown/tracking for more consistent wins.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Yes but more often than not the cooldown will make you wonder why you're even bothering using it.

    This implies you believe a survivors aura should be revealed every time they perform a rushed action within the 48m range.

    Please tell I’m wrong. Surely this is not what you think would be fair.

  • @MrDardon said:

    It's good to practice Survivors movement when you first start playing him. Otherwise I'd say it's quite overrated.

    I manage hits trough walls even without it because I get the feel of where Survivors are. It's not 100 % confirmed as it is with IaE but I'd call myself a decent PH as I am not reliant on it. Another reason is that I dislike the Perk because of it's 40 second cooldown. If they halfed the cooldown I'd probably use it more but at the moment it's not worth it personally.

    I'd rather go with slowdown/tracking for more consistent wins.

    With the way his power is designed, isn’t the design intention supposed to be that PH tries to force a survivor though a trench, so that he can then track them with Killer Instinct behind obstructions, and get accurate PoTD hits?

  • Yes, the perk that gives you Wallhacks is very good on the killer that can hit through walls.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2245396#Comment_2245396

    That's quite the logical leap but I'm prone to said leaps as well.

    I just think there are a bunch of situations where the aura reveal is redundant and you'd be better off running other perks is all. Maybe the cooldown could stand to be reduced to 30 seconds? Having it up permanently would be absurd though.

    Fair enough.

    Personally, I think information in this game is always valuable, even if it can’t be acted upon immediately.

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2245286#Comment_2245286

    With the way his power is designed, isn’t the design intention supposed to be that PH tries to force a survivor though a trench, so that he can then track them with Killer Instinct behind obstructions, and get accurate PoTD hits?

    I think you're probably right, but there's a hefty gap between the developers intentions and what's realistically possible in the scenario of an average trial.

    Also, it's bloody hard. Had a trial doing that last night, couldn't figure out what was going on on the other side of the hay bale. Killer instinct is a wonderful tool but precise it most certainly isnt.

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2245286#Comment_2245286

    With the way his power is designed, isn’t the design intention supposed to be that PH tries to force a survivor though a trench, so that he can then track them with Killer Instinct behind obstructions, and get accurate PoTD hits?

    That's what it's supposed to do. But 3 seconds of KI can often be to little and forcing Survivors trough trails can be quite counterproductive.

    I'd rather go from experience and predict where a Survivor might be and therefore shoot there. If you know they are juking then you can also react accordingly.

  • It's absolutely terrifying on Lery's coupled with Nurses.

  • Yes. That perk created for PH but GF stole it :)

    For PH, use aura reading perks. They works on him so well. I have 4K with him so many times, my build:

    Sloopy Butcher + Nurse Calling + I am All Ears + BBQ

    Only problem i have not any gen def, i am playing so agresive with that build.

  • @GoodBoyKaru can't find the link to your guide

  • @nursewannabe said:

    @GoodBoyKaru can't find the link to your guide

    I gothcu

    @Doomerzan said:

    I would assume it would help immensely with sniping and looping, and in order to avoid the perk survivors would have to go slower so there would be no counter or mindgames the survivor could really play.

    I made a guide on imo his best build + how to play him properly, check it out here:

    @GoodBoyKaru said:

    So a few attentive people may recognise this from a comment I made yesterday (technically it was 24 minutes into today but let's not talk semantics). A couple of people suggested I make it a real post because "That's an excellent guide, very well put together." So, here I am. I've added a few more things so it's still worth a read.

    This will cover what is, in my opinion, his best build and why, as well as a few tips on playing him & a few videos.

    So hey, it's me- GoodBoyKaru, your friendly neighbourhood Pyramid Head main- here to give some swift Tips and Tricks(tm) to help make you a better Pyramid Head player!

    For the record, this was made during DBD Patch 4.7.2

    Build

    PERKS

    My personal favourite and imho strongest build is this:

    • Corrupt Intervention

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/5A01IV8RME2M/image.png

    Crucial early-game slowdown on a killer without mobility, allows him to stall the game massively because survivors know that if they get found they're doomed.

    • Pop Goes The Weasel

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/FHA7ZFNAKVZY/image.png

    It's the second best gen regression perk in the game, Ruin is too volatile to be anywhere near reliable on him because, again, no movement speed, he needs gen perks because he cannot move around the map quick enough, 11/10. "But you don't hook pe-" WRONG. You should be getting plenty of value out of PGTW and if you're overcaging then you're taking your map pressure and throwing it out the window.

    • Barbeque and Chili

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/SC8THLXSY3RP/image.png

    Now, you could obviously put other perks here like Infectious Fright (amazing snowball), Tinkerer (Undetectable is nice and it helps tell you where to go but again no movement speed) or Discordance (amazing info, can sometimes do nothing about it). However I say BBQ because I like the perk and also because bloodpoints.

    • I'm All Ears

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/V90CSL0I44NO/image.png

    Hands down the best perk in the game for Pyramid Head, that's six seconds of wallhacks. I cannot stress how valuable this is with his power- that is a guaranteed free hit in 9/10 situations. To show what I mean, I've linked a timestamped video below of where IAE comes in so clutch- continues to 5:16 in the video.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJs4rvkppqs&t=296s

    (you can watch the whole thing if you really want I'm proud of the game).

    An honourable mention here goes to Ruin/Undying over Pop/Corrupt. As I've mentioned before, Tinkerer isn't a great perk on him due to his lack of speed, but the same goes for Ruin/Undying. You don't have the map mobility to defend your totems, especially if they spawn further away, and you'll probably end up losing two perks before 2 gens go. Corrupt/Pop is just more consistent in my experience.

    ADD-ONS

    So, his add-ons aren't great. The best ones, by far, are range add-ons which, when combined, extend his POTD by up to 2.5m (10.5m total). These are Burning Man Painting (Rare), Wax Doll (Uncommon), and Black Strap (Common), which ass +1.5m, +1m, and +0.5m respectively.

    tips

    Okay so rule number one is to not break pallets. Sounds weird but, just trust me.

    His power is incredibly strong in a chase- so much so that if a survivor commits to an animation they die. If you don't break pallets (with some exceptions like God pallets) you can do amazing things. Because who doesn't want more opportunities to win a chase, like, instantly? It turns incredibly safe pallets into death sentences

    To show what I mean, here's another timestamped clip. Ends at 10:58

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gu3X5o9GpjY&t=646s

    Learn the range of the power. 8m is specific and sometimes you think you can hit things and you can't. You need to be very careful, especially when playing with range add-ons for so long, because it can and will screw with your perception.

    Adapt to the survivors you're facing. A lot of players will fake taking an animation, go to the side slightly to bait your POTD or your cancel, and then commit to the animation. If you turn to the side and release, you'll catch a lot of these survivors out and get a hit. It's really satisfying to do. Alternatively some survivors will commit to the animations regardless, in which case you'll know to aim in the centre. Other survivors will just hold W and pre-drop pallets, in which case you know to leave them because you'll really struggle catching up, or do not use your power.

    I cannot stress that enough. If a survivor is pre-dropping W key gaming, do not use your power. M1 killer them.

    Don't overcage and don't stress about torment. If a survivor loops you, they'll get tormented. That's just kinda how it works- you stick your knife in, follow them around a loop, and release your POTD after tracking their movements.

    To see what I mean we return to the first video, again timestamped. Clip ends at 1:36.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJs4rvkppqs&t=83s

    See how I hug the car, turn the camera and use the power to hit him out of animation lock? Had he kept running, easy torment too.

    In my opinion, only cage someone in one of four scenarios:

    • You're afraid of a DS (just please don't tunnel I'm begging you)
    • You're afraid of an Unbreakable (much more likely)
    • You can immidiately get into another chase
    • It would place you into a Pressure Point Of No Return (name pending).

    What I mean by that last point is that there comes a time in a DBD game where the killer will hit a Pressure Point Of No Return, where the survivors physically cannot come back from the amount of pressure and momentum you're building. The best example of this as Pyramid Head is where you split the map through cages. You have two downed survivors. Cage one, hook the other. Nobody is on a generator, you have a BBQ proc to interrupt the person saving the cage or the hook, and now the last person must save both people. On especially large maps, like Mother's Dwelling, or multi-storied ones, like Midwich, this can force people into second stage and you've won the game at 5 gens. It's more common than you'd think.

    If you cage at other times you're probably wasting pressure you could've gotten from a hook.

    Learn where you can and can't lay trails. In front of totems and lockers? Amazing. In front of a gen? Not at all, it becomes a Restricted Trail Element and disappears after a few seconds. The DBD Wiki has a section on this which I'll just paste below.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/2808XTGCLSHV/image.png

    I'd highly, highly suggest reading the wiki page on his power as it's really useful in understanding the fundamentals and giving actual values to words. Here it is:

    https://deadbydaylight.fandom.com/wiki/Pyramid_Head

    Finally, learn where you can and can't use POTD. It sounds like a simple thing but learning where you can and can't use it, however there's a lot to it. For example, learning how vertical changes affect it. Did you know if you release his power on a slope going up it'll fail, same with releasing it on a slope going down. However, if you're barely off of the slope it'll travel down it, but only if it isn't too steep.

    It's nuts but knowing where you can and can't actually have an ability is, funnily enough, pretty important.

    A few more quick-fire tips:

    • Don't just go for animation lock shots. People expect these and adapt. Be unpredictable to catch them off guard and get easy hits. Like this:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0U1k10I-zG4&feature=emb_logo

    Bet they didn't expect that one :p

    Needless to say that was where I hit a Pressure Point Of No Return and poor Jakey couldn't pick up the scraps.

    • Don't spam his power. You waste too much time. Be precise, predict, and adapt to your opponents.
    • Don't spam his trails. You move at 110% and you already lack a movement ability, you waste too much time.
    • Tunneling isn't the best strategy. I know it seems like it because cages but again, you do not have a movement ability. Survivors can and will facefuck generators and ruin your day substantially.
    • Dead Dawg Saloon and Hawkins are both maps you never press M2 on ever. Play like a default M1 killer because the map design prevents you from using your power. They're pretty much auto-loss maps, ngl, unless the survivors really badly mess up.
    • Play survivor. Learn where survivors move and how they path, shoot POTD to hit them. That's what I did in that last clip.

    And, yeah, that's about it. If people have any questions please let me know and I'll try to answer them as best I can, though I think this is comprehensive enough.


  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2245286#Comment_2245286

    With the way his power is designed, isn’t the design intention supposed to be that PH tries to force a survivor though a trench, so that he can then track them with Killer Instinct behind obstructions, and get accurate PoTD hits?

    The issue here is that KI isn't accurate for precise tracking because it only updates once a second, and so a good survivor can move very slightly and dodge your narrow POTD if you predict where they'd be if they kept running. IAE is just more consistent and the cooldown isn't usually an issue.

  • @Yords said:

    Very, but keep in mind that survivors will probably catch on to it quickly.

    They actually don't it's quite surprising.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2245403#Comment_2245403

    The issue here is that KI isn't accurate for precise tracking because it only updates once a second, and so a good survivor can move very slightly and dodge your narrow POTD if you predict where they'd be if they kept running. IAE is just more consistent and the cooldown isn't usually an issue.

    Of course IAE is going to be better. I just feel it was clever/nice that there was thought put into the purpose as to why PH has Killer Instinct in his base kit.

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2245561#Comment_2245561

    Of course IAE is going to be better. I just feel it was clever/nice that there was thought put into the purpose as to why PH has Killer Instinct.

    It's just a shame the intention doesn't work that well in practice 😔

  • I think its a bit overrated, i personally feel like a slowdown perk is way more impactful

    His chase is already pretty good im all ears is a bit overkill, so i choose perks to help in other aspects like tracking, slowdown, etc.

  • @Doomerzan said:

    I would assume it would help immensely with sniping and looping, and in order to avoid the perk survivors would have to go slower so there would be no counter or mindgames the survivor could really play.

    I love it, it only doesn't work when I'm against Lithe users, but thats okay :D

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2245403#Comment_2245403

    The issue here is that KI isn't accurate for precise tracking because it only updates once a second, and so a good survivor can move very slightly and dodge your narrow POTD if you predict where they'd be if they kept running. IAE is just more consistent and the cooldown isn't usually an issue.

    And here I wondered for 5 min why you would suddenly talk about AI with PHs power and how an AI wouldn’t learn to predict movements patterns.. (KI is the German abbreviation equivalent to AI)

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2245561#Comment_2245561

    And here I wondered for 5 min why you would suddenly talk about AI with PHs power and how an AI wouldn’t learn to predict movements patterns.. (KI is the German abbreviation equivalent to AI)

    Lmao

  • Very good I'd you want to get accused of hacking

  • @Doomerzan said:

    I would assume it would help immensely with sniping and looping, and in order to avoid the perk survivors would have to go slower so there would be no counter or mindgames the survivor could really play.

    It's good