Do you think trapper will every be good with only stat buffs
by what i mean is that will trapper be good without a rework and just buffs. he is a weak killer and is very outdated. stat buffs would be nice for him but overall he might need a rework to come to any thing close to someone like demo
what are your thoughts
Comments
Trapper needs more than just some number changes but I'm just not entirely sure what in all honesty. There's two blatant changes I would give him that are feature specific.
I think the best buff would be that he starts with all his traps by default and the bag addons would just increase number of traps he can use (+carry). Brown addons +1, yellow +2 and purple bag +3.
Obviously he needs brown bag base. And he should have RNG removed from his traps.
Trapper will never be "good" because his power relies on smart placement of traps and survivors actually running into traps. He's not like nurse or spirit with a tangible, always applicable chase power. Although, he does have a lot more snowball potential than people realise, hence why he's only the second worst killer in my opinion.
But yeah, I do think stat buffs is what he should get. Just increase his trap capacity by 1, make traps spawn more centralised in the map, and make it so that injured survivors who get caught in a trap either get downed or deep wounded if they escape by themselves. Probably the latter.
There are some simple things which would boost him already by quite a bit.
More Traps:
Either: All Traps at the start + Bags increase total number of Traps OR the yellow Bag Basekit (some say brown Bag, but I would prefer the yellow Bag, because with the brown Bag, Trapper has to place a Trap to get another Trap, with the yellow Bag, there would be space for some more) and the other Traps dont spawn in the corner of the Map, but more to the center.
And, regardless what is done regarding carrying more Traps - Dead Hard should not be able to go over Traps.
I think those two things would make Trapper a lot better already. He will never be a Top Tier Killer, unless you change him completely, but a few changes will already help.
I'm pretty sure the stats show his kill rate is at a 2 to 3 down range. But yeah he needs a buff maybe make brown bag base kit, give him a 30 second speed boost when a survivor gets trapped similar to bloodlust which works the same way you hit or pick up the survivor. But yeah when I play him I can get downs even vs rank 1 sweat users.
A Speedboost would be bad. Sure, it would be great to get people out of Traps if they step in it. However, I dont want to get downed by a Trapper who suddenly gets a Movement Speed-Buff, because one of my teammates stepped in a Trap (and there is 0 reason to step into Traps outside of Chases, this is totally on the Survivor).
I think he needs Stitched Bag (Start with 2 additional Bear Traps. Increases Bear Trap Carrying capacity by 2 Bear Traps) and Iridescent Stone (Every 30 seconds, a randomly chosen disarmed Bear Trap is automatically set and armed) to be base kit.
With these two add on like base kit and a better rng traps distribution across all the map at the start of the match he should be fine I guess.
He would need absolutely insane number tweaks for his power to be anything more than a hindrance at higher ranks.
With his power he relies abusively heavily on survivor mistakes and maps and where the traps are at the start of the trial and how the survivors are spread out and needs to spend his limited traps to corral survivors into the area that obviously has a ton of traps in it and he has to hope that someone isn't disarming all of his impossible to hide traps and that no one is running Dead Hard and even if someone does get trapped he has to hope that the Random Number Gods have smiled down upon him and that the survivors don't escape before he has a chance to get there. Plus, he literally forfeits the start of the match just to collect and set up traps, and is at this point the easiest killer to genrush, so he's not only weak, he's particularly weak to the meta strategy at the moment. Also, he can step in his own traps, which acts basically like a pallet stun.
Without his power he's an M1 killer with no power.
Trapper will likely never be a top tier killer without a massive rework, but I also don't think that's an issue. It's okay if some killers are weaker than others as long as they offer something unique to their gameplay.
Right now Trapper really needs to be able to carry more traps at base since he's already reliant on decent rng spawns for his traps and it'll help him spend less time moving his traps where he needs them.
Right now his biggest issue is reduction in grass with each update and just not being able to hide traps anywhere anymore. The devs just don't care about him anymore. They need to make the game look better to make up for the fact they can't code it to work properly.
And as a result trapper gets an indirect nerf with each map rework and brightness change.
I posted this in another thread, but he really only needs a couple of small changes:
I think he needs some buffs and a secondary ability like:
These and let him be able to carry at least 2 traps by default. It really sucks when you have to plant a trap to be able to pick up one in guam. One of my add ons is always a trapper bag.
Another issue I find with trapper is the fact he requires time to setup. The devs really need to look into that early game warm up idea they've been teasing.
Without iridescent stone there is no danger to disarming his traps. When you kick GF out of stealth your position is at least revealed. If you trip Freddy or hags traps when they are across the map, they at least know someone is over there. As of now there is no downsides to denying trapper his power. An overcharge skill check for disarming would be nice. Add ons could make it even smaller but that would require newbs to git gud. The devs won't allow that.
Headsets kill him but I have zero clue how to counter that. Maybe give him an option to plant a trap on the ground without actually stopping and it activates after a few seconds like Freddys snares? Yes I know trapper isn't a magic killer but the survivors wouldn't see him stop, bend down and plant a trap.