The Hag is a major ouch.

Going against a good Hag makes me reconsider if I really hate going against Spirit the most.

First guy to go down goes in the basement. They're already dead, they're just not lucky enough to speed it up by attempting escape. We all know he's dead. There's 15 traps all over the area and they're never getting out. The poor dude waits the full 120 seconds, and by the time the Hag picks someone else up I get to watch the hooked guy exit the game via spider legs from the bottom of the stairs.

I try to get out, but I trigger trap #16 and immediately go down after the second dude gets hooked.

Last guy triggers what must have been a very easy to notice trap on the Swamp in the grass and goes down instantly.

No one left with more than 10k bloodpoints.

I love Hag.

Comments

  • A good hag never camps. All I gotta say

  • @Grandpa_Crack_Pipe said:

    Going against a good Hag makes me reconsider if I really hate going against Spirit the most.

    First guy to go down goes in the basement. They're already dead, they're just not lucky enough to speed it up by attempting escape. We all know he's dead. There's 15 traps all over the area and they're never getting out. The poor dude waits the full 120 seconds, and by the time the Hag picks someone else up I get to watch the hooked guy exit the game via spider legs from the bottom of the stairs.

    I try to get out, but I trigger trap #16 and immediately go down after the second dude gets hooked.

    Last guy triggers what must have been a very easy to notice trap on the Swamp in the grass and goes down instantly.

    No one left with more than 10k bloodpoints.

    I love Hag.

    Hag is boring but at least she has counterplay.

    She's a solo queue stomper, players blindly run the hooks and such giving her free slugs and multi downs. SWF can just say "crouch to the hook" or "She laid traps here, get her to chase you and I'll waste them all" and she basically loses all power.

  • What you asked for will literally destroy hag.

    So either you want to destroy her, or you have no idea what reasonable means

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    I despise Hag.

    I have seething hatred for her.

    She needs changes.

    you also dont like BBQ so I'm scared of what your ideas are for a hag change

  • Just look it at this way hag in same time camp hook, chase other survivor and tunell. How? Well she places traps around hook so she can come back immediately something like camping but without camping lol while doing that she can chase others and meanwhile teleport back to tunell unhooked survivor back to ground so if u ask me hag is brainded and most unfun killer to go against which is proved by 90% of community hating her.

  • I don't mind a Hag. The only thing I don't enjoy is that it basically turns into Crouching Simulator. I think some Hags are really fun to play against (those who place unpredictable traps or are really smart with them). But as always, there are some Hag players that just use her traps to camp and prevent people from ever being saved. Those players are the ones that make her unfun to go against.

  • @Alice_pbg said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2245327#Comment_2245327

    What you asked for will literally destroy hag.

    So either you want to destroy her, or you have no idea what reasonable means

    Ok so a half second grace period kills her? I dont see that happening.

  • @ryseterion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2245739#Comment_2245739

    Ok so a half second grace period kills her? I dont see that happening.

    go ahead... try to get a single hit from a trap with this half a second in place. I'll be waiting.

  • A perkless hag that doesn't leave one area can easily devastate a team.

    Once you add her very strong addons and meta perks on top, it can feel pretty unstoppable.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    There's nothing wrong with any characters on this game. You have to learn them, and you will become more successful each game you play. It's really that simple. Demanding a handout is unreasonable, when it's within your power to get the results you desire.

    No one is asking for handouts in regards to Hag. In fact she also needs some buffs, not just nerfs. Being able to destroy traps with Flashlights needs to go.

  • I like Hag and I wish there was more powerful preparation killers like her.

  • @Alice_pbg said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2246513#Comment_2246513

    go ahead... try to get a single hit from a trap with this half a second in place. I'll be waiting.

    Well i dont know about you but i was a hag main a while back, most of my trap hits would not have been affected with this grace period, it wont nerf window traps. Pallets are practically the same. We should really get a week or two long ptb to see how it works out in game

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    I despise Hag.

    I have seething hatred for her.

    She needs changes.

    This, completely.

    It doesn't astonish me that so many people complain about Spirit, but few people seem even slightly bothered (or even go out of their way to defend) other killers that are just as cheap if not more so.

    I'd rather face Spirit than Hag any day of the week.

  • @miketheratguy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2242805#Comment_2242805

    This, completely.

    It doesn't astonish me that so many people complain about Spirit, but few people seem even slightly bothered (or even go out of their way to defend) other killers that are just as cheap if not more so.

    I'd rather face Spirit than Hag any day of the week.

    My thoughts exactly.

  • Idk if this is a good idea or not; I just randomly thought of while reading about the experiences of camping Hags. I don't have any numbers filled in because I figured those details can be easily tweaked.


    "Phantasm Traps within X meters of a Hooked Survivor will not trigger. This effect lingers for Y seconds after that Survivor is unhooked. Inert Phantasm Traps are highlighted to the Killer as a white aura."


    Basically, a Hag can choose to put a mud trap within range of a hooked Survivor if she wants to for future use, but as long as a hooked Survivor is within range, it will remain inert and will not activate. They stay inert for a little while after the unhook to allow the Unhooked Survivor and their rescuer to run away (if they choose to stay and heal first, though, all bets are off). They are highlighted as a white aura so the Hag knows which mud traps are inaccessible while someone is hooked.

  • @kate_best_girl said:

    A good hag never camps. All I gotta say

    A good Hag doesn't need to camp, she just needs to deploy her endless supply of nearly invisible teleportation devices all over the place and tap a button to go kill whomever makes the mistake of not crouch-walking the entire match.

  • The only problem that I have with the hag is that she can place her traps right in front of the hook and even if you crouch to avoid it after you unhook someone when the unhooking animation ends the trap triggers and leaves you with no options but to take a hit and if she has ''make your choice'' you pretty much traded places with the hooked survivor and we start the circle again, they should not allow you to place a trap so close to the hook, that minor change and I'm good with her....

  • @Ink_Eyes said:

    The only problem that I have with the hag is that she can place her traps right in front of the hook and even if you crouch to avoid it after you unhook someone when the unhooking animation ends the trap triggers and leaves you with no options but to take a hit and if she has ''make your choice'' you pretty much traded places with the hooked survivor and we start the circle again, they should not allow you to place a trap so close to the hook, that minor change and I'm good with her....

    Actually if you hold the crouch button while unhooking it wont trigger

  • @miketheratguy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2245530#Comment_2245530

    A good Hag doesn't need to camp, she just needs to deploy her endless supply of nearly invisible teleportation devices all over the place and tap a button to go kill whomever makes the mistake of not crouch-walking the entire match.

    Thats not really all their is too hag but whatever man

  • @ryseterion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2246593#Comment_2246593

    Well i dont know about you but i was a hag main a while back, most of my trap hits would not have been affected with this grace period, it wont nerf window traps. Pallets are practically the same. We should really get a week or two long ptb to see how it works out in game

    show proof of it working with half a second of not doing anything after teleporting... you can easily test this one, what's stopping you?

  • @kate_best_girl said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2247101#Comment_2247101

    Actually if you hold the crouch button while unhooking it wont trigger

    Hunhooked survivor goes into standing animation right after, it triggers on both of you...

  • It doesn't matter if there's more to the Hag if that's all that she needs to do.

  • So y'all hate Hag who has to set up to win, and will automatically lose if someone is disturbing her the whole time, but Nurse who requires no setup is fine?

  • @Ink_Eyes said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2247194#Comment_2247194

    Hunhooked survivor goes into standing animation right after, it triggers on both of you...

    If they hold crouch as well it wont trigger

  • @miketheratguy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2247196#Comment_2247196

    It doesn't matter if there's more to the Hag if that's all that she needs to do.

    Except it isn't. But oh well clearly you're not experienced enough to talk on the matter.

  • Try to get that message across to the 99% of the random population playing solo, not even some red ranks know that...

  • @CoalTower said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2242806#Comment_2242806

    Well I don't camp with her and I call her territorial

    You may not be physically at the hook, but you are camping with her. plus you have literally said you camp, tunnel and slug with other killers on here so i am not surprised.

    Everyone camps from time to time if the situation calls for it or forces it.

  • @Eninya said:

    She only massacres bad players, but she's not inherently different than the Trapper or Leatherface if she wants to camp.

    Otherwise, one good player just runs around behind her popping all of her traps, and so she can never get the game "started" because she's slower and easily looped. If she stops to drop a trap, and you're injured and can't risk a bait, just run away to another loop, and see if she follows.

    She's such an easily griefed killer it's not even funny.

    So throw away your pip and points and waste your time to beat a killer (i have done it and it was not worth the time. A dc and move onto the next game would have been better). You need to do a bit of everything to pip as survivor you know?

  • @CapricornZeus3 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2242806#Comment_2242806

    Crouching across the traps don't trigger them, and you can flashlight them to disable them

    Move like a snail and lose or get lucky and happen to have the item you need that is also limited.. great "counters"

  • I made a post yesterday about the rusty shackles add-on! Hag is genuinely my least favourite killer, good or bad. I can't stand a good spirit, nurse or huntress, but if they aren't very good then at least they can be countered.

    I know with a bad hag they can be countered, but then they just camp and there's not really anything you can do because if you run in for the unhook then her traps are triggered, and if you crouch over the traps then she has enough time to see you're going for the unhook and she can chase you away.

    And don't even get me started on basement hag, because I'd debate that a basement hag is worse than a basement trapper.

  • @Zozzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2244143#Comment_2244143

    You may not be physically at the hook, but you are camping with her. plus you have literally said you camp, tunnel and slug with other killers on here so i am not surprised.

    Everyone camps from time to time if the situation calls for it or forces it.

    The situation will never call for it with Hag.

    Also, how is leaving the hook without trapping it camping it? Yeah I'll tunnel and slug, mainly slug, but I don't camp.

  • This content has been removed.
  • Hag isn't very fun to go against unless you're in a full party of good survivors and someone immediately spots that it's a Hag so you can harass her all trial and not let her ever get a web set up around a 3-gen.

  • @kate_best_girl said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2247339#Comment_2247339

    Except it isn't. But oh well clearly you're not experienced enough to talk on the matter.

    I don't need to be a world-renowned culinary artist to know when my steak is burnt.

  • @DwightyTighties190 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2244307#Comment_2244307

    Just because you find a play style boring, it doesn’t mean its boring? Its an entirely subjective thing, so yea, they can say its boring. Which is exactly why they don’t enjoy it.

    you can say you think it's boring.

    you can say your opinion is that it is boring.


    what you can't say, is that it is boring. because that would be you stating a fact instead of an opinion.

    and from their reply, you can see they were trying to be objective about it instead of simply stating their opinion.

    @Ink_Eyes said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2247627#Comment_2247627

    Try to get that message across to the 99% of the random population playing solo, not even some red ranks know that...

    I don't see how this is hag's fault...

    blame the game for the lack of information, not the character.

  • This content has been removed.
  • @DwightyTighties190 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2248357#Comment_2248357

    You can say that is boring. You dont need to clarify that its your opinion because it’s obvious its your opinion. It would be different if they said clearly that it’s objectively boring, which they didn’t.

    that's the exact opposite of how people interact. People clarify when they are just saying their opinion, not the other way around.



    also, no intention is ever obvious on text.

  • This content has been removed.
  • @miketheratguy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2247628#Comment_2247628

    I don't need to be a world-renowned culinary artist to know when my steak is burnt.

    But you do need to have hours of playing as or against a certain character to know their flaws, and strengths and how to use them to your advantage to an absolute perfection.

  • @kate_best_girl said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2248218#Comment_2248218

    But you do need to have hours of playing as or against a certain character to know their flaws, and strengths and how to use them to your advantage to an absolute perfection.

    I don't disagree with that. I have no doubt that playing as Hag takes a good amount of skill and strategy, I just don't like that the end result is such a one-sided game.

  • just dont let her trap the hook. you seriously cant tell me that slapping 5 traps around the hook isnt camping.

  • @Miles said:

    just dont let her trap the hook. you seriously cant tell me that slapping 5 traps around the hook isnt camping.

    you can crouch and they won't activate. and then you can crouch away. it's not camping.

    if you somehow think this is camping, you have a weird definition of camping.


    and if the change she gets is that the traps X distance from the hook get destroyed after the unhook, you can just run away.

  • @Alice_pbg said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2250742#Comment_2250742

    you can crouch and they won't activate. and then you can crouch away. it's not camping.

    if you somehow think this is camping, you have a weird definition of camping.

    and if the change she gets is that the traps X distance from the hook get destroyed after the unhook, you can just run away.

    this is supossing that either you or the dude you are saving is going to crouch through them.

    and yes, that is camping, the only reason those traps are there is so you can instantly go back to the hook. that is literally camping.

  • @Miles said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2250760#Comment_2250760

    this is supossing that either you or the dude you are saving is going to crouch through them.

    and yes, that is camping, the only reason those traps are there is so you can instantly go back to the hook. that is literally camping.

    I mean... you can stare down ghostface in the open if you wanna talk about people playing badly against killers.


    the traps are there to slow down the rescue and give hag more time to do other stuff. which is why good hags will only ever use a single trap.

    If the person plays bad and it activates, that's just a bonus.


    again, you have a weird definition of camping...

  • @Alice_pbg said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2246949#Comment_2246949

    show proof of it working with half a second of not doing anything after teleporting... you can easily test this one, what's stopping you?

    So do you think the grace period freezes the character? It only means that you cant attack for 0.5 seconds and could easily go down to 0.3 seconds. Thats not easy to test

  • @ryseterion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2247213#Comment_2247213

    So do you think the grace period freezes the character? It only means that you cant attack for 0.5 seconds and could easily go down to 0.3 seconds. Thats not easy to test

    "One: the traps should have the faint glow from the killer pov to the surv pov so that you can actually see them. Two: have a second long delay when teleporting and attacking so that its possible to not instantly die to a scroll wheel hag."


    it's very easy to test... count to one. or hit at the very last second you can. we'll see if it ever works.

  • @Alice_pbg said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2250970#Comment_2250970

    "One: the traps should have the faint glow from the killer pov to the surv pov so that you can actually see them. Two: have a second long delay when teleporting and attacking so that its possible to not instantly die to a scroll wheel hag."

    it's very easy to test... count to one. or hit at the very last second you can. we'll see if it ever works.

    Yea but if its anything less which it probably would be i just use one second as a general term it wouldnt be, and a ptb would be necessary anyways since we dont actually know on a grand scale how it would pan out. And it would also be a good excuse to have other killer changes too. Like a mid chapter patch

1 2 ›