Would Ridley work in Dead by Daylight?
Sinister, cunning, monstrous, vicious, smart, calculating and terrifying.
These are the words that can describe many things, but one creature fits this bill more than many. The dreaded space pirate that has traumatized one person her entire life, and has killed hundreds, if not thousands.
This one creature, one of the main antagonists of the Metroid series, is none other than Ridley.
But my question is, would he work in Dead by Daylight, and would Nintendo even be bold enough to allow one of their own characters be a star Killer in this regard, especially one that is always known to be vicious?
The Facts
Ridley comes from the Nintendo-owned IP known as Metroid, a science-fiction action-adventure game that has its own share of horror elements within it, from the creatures to the areas; everything's so alien and that's terrifying.
Ridley also happens to be a very vicious, brutal and outright sadistic creature that, while at first seems like an unreasonable monster, is actually extremely intelligent, and that's what makes him terrifying.
Ridley also happens to be gigantic. Like, REALLY gigantic. There's a whole dead meme about his size, go figure.
What would his Power be?
Flight and Diving. No seriously, let this ferocious monster scale things with its wings, you cowards.
A Nintendo Character in Dead by Daylight?
This is probably one of the things that could seriously hurt Ridley's chances of ever seeing Dead by Daylight: The fact he's owned by Nintendo, of all companies. Nintendo is pretty child-friendly in regards to its series', but one series that always seemed to have a more adult undertone was Metroid.
Plus, Ridley has always been depicted as a vicious mass-murdering space pirate who enjoys tormenting Samus and sending her into fits of PTSD, and his design can be utterly terrifying to some.
What do you think?
As this is a speculation thread, do you think that Ridley could even work in Dead by Daylight? Do you think Nintendo would allow one of its own characters to go into the Fog, especially considering which one it actually is?
Would a flying dragon alien from Hell swooping down on you be one of the most utterly terrifying things ever? And if so, would that make for an effective Killer?
And do you have any ideas about what Ridley could be, if you agree that he could work in Dead by Daylight?
Let me know below so we can get this discussion going.

Comments
I think so but think about it in super smash bros brawl and Metroid Ridley is very big and tall he would be very complex for Dbds code and he’s not human he’s a dragon
I dont think it would work as a physical design, Ridley is HUGE for one but sure the Entity could size him down but apart from that he just has way too much stuff on him, wings, tail, just so much room for clipping and obscuring.
Sadly, no. I love Ridley though. <3
Smash managed to scale him down perfectly while retaining his height. The same would happen with Dead by Daylight.
I would like to imagine that his tail would have some sort of coding to where it has an aversion to solid objects to prevent clipping, or is just animated in a way to where it's always up. Same with the wings, they could just be tucked in until Ridley needs to fly.
Plus, there are also many Killers that actually have something that could be considered a bit huge; Spirit's hair, Pyramid Head's weapon, Oni's...literally everything, actually. But they barely have that many issues with clipping and obscuring as far as I'm aware.
Demogorgon is also non-human and he has more animal-like features, similarly to Ridley in a sense.
He's too big.
In all seriousness tho, I would love that. Even if it most likely will never happen, a Nintendo rep in DBD would be kickass.
I always thought that Ridley would be the best candidate for a Nintendo representative that has the likeliest chances of getting into Dead by Daylight as a playable character. Other options I've considered are:
But ultimately I thought RIdley could work best as the Nintendo representative due to his iconic nature and his ability to fly being something we haven't seen in Dead by Daylight.
Now I kind of want Harbinger.
My main concern about Ridley is his parent, Nintendo. Nintendo is known to be "exclusive" (for lack of a better term), if Ridley got in I can only imagine him being exclusive to the Nintendo Switch with crossplay needing to be turned off (you can't even play Minecraft with your Xbox and PS friends if you have a Mario skin equipped).
I'd be happy is Ridley got in, but I'd feel it'd be too much of a hassle to go through. The most I can see is a survivor, because Survivor's are essentially skins with 3 perks, and DBD could just do what happened with Bill when he wasn't on console (have the survivors perks be in the general bloodweb), specifically I mean someone from Fatal Frame I could see working.
I'm certain something could be done and a deal could be made between Nintendo and BHVR to allow Ridley to be non-exclusive for this.
Perhaps Ridley gets his own exclusive Nintendo Switch version skin or something. Maybe a Legendary skin that changes him to Meta Ridley or something. That way if people want to have a cooler robotic skin, bing bang bop, get the Switch version.
Ridley, your badass, I love you, your a dragon, you would not fit in DBD
I don't think you realize how terrifying Ridley can actually look and feel. He may be a space dragon owned by Nintendo, but he hits different.