Wraith is not underrated, he's overrated

I'm so sick of hearing Wraith underrated when people face baby survivors and use a add on that gives you wall hacks. You know who he is, so I'm not going to say his name.

Any good survivor makes Wraith look like a joke because there are so many counterplays to him. Burning him, most loops, and not greeding pallets when he's unloading. The only area were Wraith is actually good is in a dead zone because he can prevent you from getting to an area with a pallet by bodyblocking.

Body blocking at a loop isnt that effective if a survivor is positioning themselves correctly making it difficult to get in front of them. Also relying on a addon that gives wallhacks is not a good idea. You wont always have that, and also seeing a survivor and what their doing is a big advantage and gets rid of a 5050 at a loop most of the time.

That's just my opinion though on the subject. Feel free to leave your opinion on the topic and who knows you might change my mind.

Comments

  • IMO Wraith is one of the most overrated killers in the game right now, I still think he's below-average.

  • I agree. Some people are confusing annoying with strong.

  • He isn't the strongest, he is just the easiest Killer to play with very high pay off. Light burn is not a good argument since Survivors don't know what they face till they face it, so there is no way to make the counter pick of a flashlight. Also most Wraiths aren't going to uncloak in your face for the hit and run tactic for you to burn him anyways.


    I'm not even sure why his wall hacks is considered to be super strong, I haven't needed them since his stealth paired with one of the bell clappers means you get free hits on gens easy enough.

  • I think the thing that pisses people off about new Wraith is that there's no way to make distance on him anymore. You can buy a little distance with a mindgame, sure, but if you really succeed and earn a big chunk of ground? He cloaks, Sprint Bursts the distance, and re-emerges at your location barely any time later. He is a lot harder to shake off than he used to be, so you're sort of stuck looping jungle gyms because his lunge can eviscerate small loops. He also gets more deadly over time as pallets dry up, since they're his strongest counter and he can force them pretty early.

    I do agree that people are overestimating his threat level, though. High mobility and high danger of being caught off guard and getting a free first hit, but still vulnerable to survivors being alert, gives tons of cues to his presence, and in a chase, he's the same M1 killer he always was.

  • The problem with discussions on killers is people don't separate Base Kit from Optimal Builds and scream until they're blue in the face despite talking about two different things.

    At base Wraith is meh, he's at least no longer bottom of the barrel but he's no better than Ghostface, Pig, Doc, and other mid tier killers. When you add All Seeing and a silent bell or faster uncloak speed he gets incredibly oppressive.

    It's kinda like, to me, base Spirit is a solid killer but not the greatest but when you add strong add-ons and Stridor she is oppressive as #########. And just like Stridor Spirit, All Seeing Wraith is what I encounter arguably 80% of the time I face him.

  • @VexTheHex said:

    He isn't the strongest, he is just the easiest Killer to play with very high pay off. Light burn is not a good argument since Survivors don't know what they face till they face it, so there is no way to make the counter pick of a flashlight. Also most Wraiths aren't going to uncloak in your face for the hit and run tactic for you to burn him anyways.

    I'm not even sure why his wall hacks is considered to be super strong, I haven't needed them since his stealth paired with one of the bell clappers means you get free hits on gens easy enough.

    Flashlights are brought in almost all games it is the second most common item in the game beside a med kit. It might always be brought in, but it is still a counter.

    Getting wallhacks is an huge advantage in chase. Let's say your at a rock loop on Macmillan, the survivor gets the pallet and you now use the bell around the rock the get a hit. The survivor runs away from the loop, and guess what, you get that knowledge with that addon, so you stop uncloaking, and follow.Without the addon you guess and make a 5050 read. That addon is so strong in many situations at loops.

  • @VexTheHex said:

    He isn't the strongest, he is just the easiest Killer to play with very high pay off. Light burn is not a good argument since Survivors don't know what they face till they face it, so there is no way to make the counter pick of a flashlight. Also most Wraiths aren't going to uncloak in your face for the hit and run tactic for you to burn him anyways.

    I'm not even sure why his wall hacks is considered to be super strong, I haven't needed them since his stealth paired with one of the bell clappers means you get free hits on gens easy enough.

    Spirit and freddy are still easier than wraith

  • Wraith is a good killer, it's just that people want a 115 killer that they can loop all day long and so they complain about him being OP because suddenly he has a chase power.

    Even though that lunge is countered by predropping unsafe pallets because then he has to play them like a 115 killer, and playing every other tile relatively normally but while taking into consideration when he cloaks and how far he can lunge.

  • @Itslat3ncy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2232017#Comment_2232017

    Flashlights are brought in almost all games it is the second most common item in the game beside a med kit. It might always be brought in, but it is still a counter.

    Getting wallhacks is an huge advantage in chase. Let's say your at a rock loop on Macmillan, the survivor gets the pallet and you now use the bell around the rock the get a hit. The survivor runs away from the loop, and guess what, you get that knowledge with that addon, so you stop uncloaking, and follow.Without the addon you guess and make a 5050 read. That addon is so strong in many situations at loops.

    I wouldn't even bother using the addon. Nurse's already gives me a ton of value when survivors constantly stop and heal through sloppy when they think they're safe.

  • Yeah. He's still Wraith. Not sure what all the fuss is about with people saying he's suddenly strong. I think a lot of killers are having success playing hit and run against solo queue teams. More power to them, but that's a great way to have 4 gens go before your first hook against a good squad.

  • I wonder what will happen when Wraith main killers realize that "All Seeing" - Spirit is better than "All Seeing" - Blood. Thanks to the base kit buff speed "All Seeing" - Spirit replaces efficiently BBQ + Discordance + Tinkerer + other gens advance progresion perks leaving the four slots perks to use slow down gens perks or insta down perks. I can't image the masive crying when that add on becomes meta.

  • I just don't find the Wraith engaging. Even when you could see his shimmer from a mile away I still didn't care. You work on your gen until he rings his bell, he zooms after you and gets a free hit no matter what, then you loop him like a normal killer.

    That's it. That's the game. It's not BAD but...that's the game.

  • I'm tired of hearing how wraiths bad simply because a certain streamer likes him. It's sad 😥. Also super petty.

  • @Kharbarg said:

    I wonder what will happen when Wraith main killers realize that "All Seeing" - Spirit is better than "All Seeing" - Blood. Thanks to the base kit buff speed "All Seeing" - Spirit replaces efficiently BBQ + Discordance + Tinkerer + other gens advance progresion perks leaving the four slots perks to use slow down gens perks or insta down perks. I can't image the masive crying when that add on becomes meta.

    It can also allow spirit fury/enduring combo which makes wraith even better at pallet plays.

  • @Itslat3ncy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2232169#Comment_2232169

    It can also allow spirit fury/enduring combo which makes wraith even better at pallet plays.

    It is true, you're right ;)

    That is a good combo too.

  • @MongolPSR said:

    I'm tired of hearing how wraiths bad simply because a certain streamer likes him. It's sad 😥. Also super petty.

    I mentioned reasons on why Wraiths bad, and that facing less then mediocre players, and using an addon that gives you info that gets rid of 5050 plays and makes it a 9010.

    I have nothing against him, but for a man who judges killers on top percent, but uses players who are not good to make an example for Wraith underrated is pretty dumb.

  • Your argument is that if the survivors play right he can't do anything.

    *deep breath*

    THATS EVERY KILLER IN THE GAME EXCEPT NURSE OR SPIRIT!

    You're complaining about a singular add on that doesn't help in chase whatsoever. Youre ignoring that he has even better add-on combos that have been shown off by other streamers. You're ignoring that eventhough wraith is no longer add-on dependent he has add on combos that your not complaining about that makes his 1v1 just as good as his 1v4.

    You literally said that its easy to make him useless if you pre drop pallets. Guess what if you faced me I'd make you wish you didn't because my preferred build wants you to pre drop pallets. So in my build you either drop the pallet and get hit for it or you don't and get hit for it. You could argue that I won't always have those addons but that's also false. I only need a yellow and a brown. Both of which I have hundreds of.

    It's not that wraiths op it's that wraiths now allowed to have WAY more builds then before because his speed is no longer an issue. People don't know how to verse him now because there's not just one way to play wraith anymore. Every single one of his addons can be used in a build that makes him play differently.

    People think he's bad all of a sudden just because a single streamer says he's top teir. Where was this consensus when he got windstorm basekit? If I remember correctly the forums and every single streamer agreed that it solidly pushed wraith from the bottom of the rung to being decently high in the pack. In fact the forums had several threads made asking for the buff to be reverted because he went from awful to being "op"

  • A literally invisible Killer who moves at Sprint Burst speed and has the ability to lunge at mach 10.

    He has stealth, chase, and map mobility. Wraith is in a very good spot right now.

  • @MongolPSR said:

    Your argument is that if the survivors play right he can't do anything.

    *deep breath*

    THATS EVERY KILLER IN THE GAME EXCEPT NURSE OR SPIRIT!

    You're complaining about a singular add on that doesn't help in chase whatsoever. Youre ignoring that he has even better add-on combos that have been shown off by other streamers. You're ignoring that eventhough wraith is no longer add-on dependent he has add on combos that your not complaining about that makes his 1v1 just as good as his 1v4.

    You literally said that its easy to make him useless if you pre drop pallets. Guess what if you faced me I'd make you wish you didn't because my preferred build wants you to pre drop pallets. So in my build you either drop the pallet and get hit for it or you don't and get hit for it. You could argue that I won't always have those addons but that's also false. I only need a yellow and a brown. Both of which I have hundreds of.

    It's not that wraiths op it's that wraiths now allowed to have WAY more builds then before because his speed is no longer an issue. People don't know how to verse him now because there's not just one way to play wraith anymore. Every single one of his addons can be used in a build that makes him play differently.

    People think he's bad all of a sudden just because a single streamer says he's top teir. Where was this consensus when he got windstorm basekit? If I remember correctly the forums and every single streamer agreed that it solidly pushed wraith from the bottom of the rung to being decently high in the pack. In fact the forums had several threads made asking for the buff to be reverted because he went from awful to being "op"

    You say that I complain about the addon which I didnt. I brought up the addon and what it does, and yes it does have an affect in chase. Rock tiles, shack, TL walls are completely different when using the wallhack addon becuz you can see what move to survivor will make.

    Again nothing against the streamer in question, but when you constantly preach to fans that you rate killers off top percent you need to stick to it.

    Facing bad survivors and saying Wraith underrated when the survivors are clueless to his cues, and dont loop that well.

    Wraiths addons are fun and do mix things up, but only make him that slight bit better. The one your talking about Shadow dance, and Serpent are countered by using window vaults, and require you to use Enduring/SF, Brutal which leads to one slowdown perk which isnt a good choice. He might have speed, but he cant be everywhere at once, and stop everyone from doing gens

    Wraith is top of D tier at best for me. I typically never struggle even against a good Wraith because I know the counters to him. Again its subjective you can rate him higher, but for me he isnt good.

  • @ManWithALemon said:

    A literally invisible Killer who moves at Sprint Burst speed and has the ability to lunge at mach 10.

    He has stealth, chase, and map mobility. Wraith is in a very good spot right now.

    I agree, I just think he's a little overrated with how strong he really is.

  • @Itslat3ncy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2232239#Comment_2232239

    I agree, I just think he's a little overrated with how strong he really is.

    He's very good right now. Even without Swift Hunt, if you uncloak on top of the Survivor, they either drop a pallet and then you catch up instantly, or you just get a free hit.

  • Wraith is a very solid killer now but he’s still pretty map dependant. I’d say high B tier overall, which is a good spot.

    There are two major camps when it comes to Wraith, one thinking he’s overpowered and the other thinking he’s weak, but in reality he’s roughly in the middle.

  • ok but who cares?