Wider Hook Spread?

So, I have noticed it more frequently in my games lately, and seen it in a few streams, but it could just be confirmation bias. Is anyone seeing the gaps between hooks being wider lately? It feels like every down requires a 10 minute walk.

Comments

  • It feels that way on Grim Pantry for some reason.

  • I definitely feel like I noticed it myself too! Increased use of survivor offering maybe (don't recall the name)?

  • The Oaks? No, I haven't been getting them. The Autohaven maps have been the worst for me. No clue why.

  • @GannTM said:

    It feels that way on Grim Pantry for some reason.

    Swamp Maps always had weird Hook Spawns. So this would be nothing new.


    @Topic:

    Nah. Hooks are still close to each other, often enough way too close. Like, I had two Hooks on one of the small buildings (pagodas?) on Sanctum of Wrath, right at the Corners. Too close.

  • @GannTM said:

    It feels that way on Grim Pantry for some reason.

    The hook spawn can be awful there. I had a match where i could only hook on one hook when i downed someone behind or in the main building. They had no offering but they did bodyblock. It was an annoying match.

  • Mine seem to bunch up into these very hook-dense areas with hook deserts in between.

  • Actually, I had a few games where it felt like I was somehow always super far from a hook, and i thought maybe I was just not seeing them properly or something. /conspiracy

  • @ShamelessPigMain said:

    Mine seem to bunch up into these very hook-dense areas with hook deserts in between.

    This is how a lot of my hooks have been spawning as well:

    as I have had multiple games with 3 hooks the minimum distance from each other in 2-3 groups meanwhile most of the map is completely barren of any hooks.

  • Noticed it too. Have lots of people wiggle off because of this and if I down someone near a hooked survivor I have to walk a mile to hook them.

  • No. Hooks seem super close as always. Though the swamp is dog ######### with hooks.

  • @Hex_Llama said:

    Actually, I had a few games where it felt like I was somehow always super far from a hook, and i thought maybe I was just not seeing them properly or something. /conspiracy

    Usually when that happens, there's a hook super close by that you just can't see the aura of. Unfortunately, you don't really have time to check when there's a survivor trying to wiggle off and all the options you know are there are a good 12-second walk away.

  • @GannTM said:

    It feels that way on Grim Pantry for some reason.

    Swamp has always had terrible hook spawns it's sad

  • Nah, I've seen some hooks that are basically neighbors. Even the PTB map has had some in clear view from the hook your at to the next despite the map being a bunch of small rooms and corridors.

  • They are a lot closer for me, I can never wiggle off anymore unless the killer is just bad. I have had times where my teammates sabotage a hook that the killer was right next to, and they take 2 hits and I still don't wiggle off